MiniVAP Vaporizer

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
My GQC unit (from the 4/20 sale) came with a faulty battery. Patricia was super friendly; they'll be sending me new cells to install in the battery pack at some point soon. I've been using my MV in AC power mode as a result.

Some initial thoughts:

In terms of taste, I have to say that I'm impressed! At first the flexicones and perhaps the top silicone were giving off a fairly strong smell/taste (I may be sensitive). After a few washes the top silicone still smells a bit but I can't taste it. The flavor is now really outstanding!

The GQC hits hard. I can easily drain a basket-bowl in about 2 hits (or 1 with a light pack). I've been using the red setting through water and green/red dry.

The Flexicone loading system is easily the coolest loading system / bowl of any vape I've tried or seen. I love that it can natively interphase with most of my glass pieces.

In terms of efficiency - my bud finishes at milk chocolate brown. I may post pics later. Some people like to take their bud to finish at brown-black so that might bother those people - this ABV result is actually my preference for an all-convection vaporizer.

I can't wait to get a working battery. If the battery actually lasts 2+ hours then that will be really awesome for my purposes!

Overall, this vaporizer kicks ass! I honestly love using my MV. It hits hard and tastes great. The loading system is awesome! I think that the company could benefit from better QC but the vaporizer itself is outstanding and the people who run the show gave VERY thurough responses to my emails and have been extremely friendly and helpful!

I'll hold out my final judgment until I get my replacement battery and put a year or so of wear on my unit - but so far I really love my MV!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@NJ-Cannabis I didn’t read all the way back through your issues but I got one during the last few days of the 4/20 sale and it took a bit of time to arrive but once shipped it left Spain on a Friday and was in my hands on Tuesday. They get a cheaper shipping rate if they send it all on one day every two weeks or so. Remember this company doesn’t sell Volcano or Solo volumes so patience is needed. Have you tried using it without the battery? Same result? This thing kicks my rear sideways every time I’ve used it so far so I’ve been happy with mine completely. So I would encourage you to be cordial to Patricia or whomever it is you speak with via email. They sent me extra flexicones for my inconvenience. I’ve found the folks on this board will call it like it is on a vaporizers merits. Sometimes you need a bit of a Rosetta Stone, (much love to you @ataxian :)) but it is honest and reliable. So if you see a vape with 300 pages of nothing but smiles for the most part, you made a good purchase brandwise. Are there failures in those sold? Sure. But before you fully judge the device let them demonstrate their renowned customer service. As @lazylathe shared, I too bet you’ll be here extolling it’s virtues in a short time. Hang in there you will be rewarded!
For complete opulence on the planet some call the pale blue dot !
@lazylathe is the real deal!
What does he say?

MV is special need’s device for cannabis lover’s!

NJ-Cannabis

@lazylathe I tried what you asked, I get hot air, and I get vapor I just get very little. As for my complaints, I didn't repeat much of anything. What did I repeat other than vapor issues? I just went back to double check because of your comment, and that's the only thing that was repeated. Also the shipping times don't affect their website's stock as in or out of stock, covid or not it could be handled much better. The shipping time with DHL was only a few days, that wasn't the issue at all. My package literally shipped over 30 days after the purchase, and I was told it was late because they were waiting on flexicone+'s that the website showed as in stock the entire time - something I only found out because I emailed asking where my package was.

@Choices Same result with or without the battery unfortunately. I was told they can reprogram the timers away from 5 minutes (why would anyone make a vape that takes 5 minutes to heat up but cools down after 5 minutes of inactivity?), but I don't think they'll do more than that. And for what it's worth, vaporizers having fanboys means incredibly little, especially when the number of fans is this few. Lord knows I've bought vapes that other people love only to be met with terrible performance, I just have to hold out hope that I got a partially malfunctioning unit and you all aren't hyping it. Wait, do you even own a minivap? Because it's not on your list.

Against my better judgment I think I'm going to RMA it instead of attempt a refund, something I've been debating. I've already spoken to patricia, I can RMA it, and I was nice about it even though I'm expressing anger in here. That said, her response definitely got under my skin a bit and this feels like a hyped vape by a handful of people, where only lord knows what the actual quality of the product is. I'm shocked that none of you care at all that they sell items that are out of stock for weeks or that the QC is this bad, that's part of why I wonder about the claims of performance with the vape - I see nothing but positive when there are clearly negatives. You can like a vaporizer but still dislike a company's business practices.

Choices

@NJ-Cannabis i do own a Minivap. As I noted to you I got it during the 420 sale just like you did and I really like mine. I buy too many vaporizers frankly and I'm not the best at updating my signature to reflect it. I do think the RMA is a good choice on your part. When you get it back, should it still not be for you after a bit of test runs, you will always be able to sell it for the price you paid during the sale. They don't last long in the classifieds here or on the Reddit site. I wish you were just around the bend and I could let you give it a go on my recent arrival but New Jersey is a bit of a drive from here in the Central US time zone. I'm always interested in hearing the thoughts of others on new arrivals and look forward to hearing yours when you finally get a properly working device in your hands.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@lazylathe I tried what you asked, I get hot air, and I get vapor I just get very little. As for my complaints, I didn't repeat much of anything. What did I repeat other than vapor issues? I just went back to double check because of your comment, and that's the only thing that was repeated. Also the shipping times don't affect their website's stock as in or out of stock, covid or not it could be handled much better. The shipping time with DHL was only a few days, that wasn't the issue at all. My package literally shipped over 30 days after the purchase, and I was told it was late because they were waiting on flexicone+'s that the website showed as in stock the entire time - something I only found out because I emailed asking where my package was.

@Choices Same result with or without the battery unfortunately. I was told they can reprogram the timers away from 5 minutes (why would anyone make a vape that takes 5 minutes to heat up but cools down after 5 minutes of inactivity?), but I don't think they'll do more than that. And for what it's worth, vaporizers having fanboys means incredibly little, especially when the number of fans is this few. Lord knows I've bought vapes that other people love only to be met with terrible performance, I just have to hold out hope that I got a partially malfunctioning unit and you all aren't hyping it. Wait, do you even own a minivap? Because it's not on your list.

Against my better judgment I think I'm going to RMA it instead of attempt a refund, something I've been debating. I've already spoken to patricia, I can RMA it, and I was nice about it even though I'm expressing anger in here. That said, her response definitely got under my skin a bit and this feels like a hyped vape by a handful of people, where only lord knows what the actual quality of the product is. I'm shocked that none of you care at all that they sell items that are out of stock for weeks or that the QC is this bad, that's part of why I wonder about the claims of performance with the vape - I see nothing but positive when there are clearly negatives. You can like a vaporizer but still dislike a company's business practices.
Back many decades back when life was unsettling: paper joint’s where all the rage!
Vaporizing is kindness to the lung’s?
Da MINI VAPE is like a WINE decanter?

THE MV is special!

ataxian,
Reactions: Choices

MonkeyTime

I get where you're coming at, so I hope you take this the way I intend it, we're all looking for the same thing. Not long ago I posted about a combustion event and you would have thought I swore at the pope lol!

My start with my first MV (PQC) was pretty rocky too. This was earlier when communication was spotty and support was being moved around. The communication I did get was very cordial and usually helpful, and I am very glad I stuck it out. The PQC is great, but I love my GQC, it's what gets used the most. It's a special device, it really sounds like something in your setup isn't right, I say give them a chance!

Back to my combustion event, I have a little more info all this time later actually. Has anyone else experienced turning on their unit and having the front LED continue to cycle thru colors instead of settling on the temp color and flashing? Mine does this maybe once a month and a disconnect of either the power base or battery correct it. But in this condition, it heats sometimes and when it does, the temp must not be controlled because I almost combusted again. I haven't found any connection to when it does happen, and like I said, it's not frequent. I look for it now and always wait for it to go to temp color before looking away, just curious if others have seen anything like this?

NJ-Cannabis

@Choices Oh right, that's my bad. I got the comments confused on that part. Thanks for multiple reasons, hopefully I end up liking it as much as you seem to think I will. I'm having trouble shaking this bad feeling, but you're right that worst case I can likely sell it for close to what I paid for it.

@MonkeyTime wow, you managed to combust with one of these things? Wow, mine must really not be working right! Funny, but also concerning, the response of the site. Sorry you're having the issue you're having though, combusting and being unavoidable must be incredibly annoying, especially if it's your preferred device.

MonkeyTime

@Choices Oh right, that's my bad. I got the comments confused on that part. Thanks for multiple reasons, hopefully I end up liking it as much as you seem to think I will. I'm having trouble shaking this bad feeling, but you're right that worst case I can likely sell it for close to what I paid for it.

@MonkeyTime wow, you managed to combust with one of these things? Wow, mine must really not be working right! Funny, but also concerning, the response of the site. Sorry you're having the issue you're having though, combusting and being unavoidable must be incredibly annoying, especially if it's your preferred device.
Hardly what I'd call unavoidable. It only gets locked into that sequence maybe one a month, I unlock the battery and lock 'er back on and away I go. Not even an inconvenience IMO, if it were, I'd email CS. I may anyway just to see if it's a known issue or if they want to check it.

Michel

I disliked the MV at first, too. Did not understand the hype. Thought it was overrated. Performance of my new device decreased over some weeks to the point where there was just hot air coming out of the whip. Went to the same thing until I started RMA. The MV is still not my daily driver but, damn, it sometimes pumps bigger clouds than the Mighty... I can kill one full bowl in 1,5 hits. I don’t tamp the basket down but I give it a relative tight filling, not very fluffy. I only own a PTC with Decarb.

You might look at older post from myself in this thread. I really disliked the MV and the company. But Jorge and Patricia where really nice and helpful. Don’t forget it’s a very small owner driven company with limited resources...

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
@Tweakz I can

I would say they're equal. TinyMight is a very powerful on-demand machine while the MV is session convection. Both have the same potential with very powerful heaters and pure flavor. Can't go wrong with either. Minivap bowl is significantly bigger and overall the device is better for home use and sharing, while the TM is better for on the go, obviously.

Choices

So I already asked this in the wrong location (Vapman thread) by accident but I’ll give it a go here as well. Has anyone ever experimented around with inserting an additional length whip into the flexicone+? I used one consisting of a MFLB glass mouthpiece, silicone tubing, and a Vapman PEEK mouthpiece. It works amazingly well with even better cooling, especially on the green and red settings. Anyone else set something similar up? If so what was your setup and experience like?

MonkeyTime

So I already asked this in the wrong location (Vapman thread) by accident but I’ll give it a go here as well. Has anyone ever experimented around with inserting an additional length whip into the flexicone+? I used one consisting of a MFLB glass mouthpiece, silicone tubing, and a Vapman PEEK mouthpiece. It works amazingly well with even better cooling, especially on the green and red settings. Anyone else set something similar up? If so what was your setup and experience like?

I use a short (~18") piece of silicone tubing over the flexicone+ with a Nebula mouthpiece. Like you, I find it to cool very well. I tried my MFLB mouthpiece, but felt like it added a little too much restriction.

I've tried a lot of things, the other setup I use for compact is a FC+ with the Nebula mouthpiece right on the end held in place with some silicone tubing as a spacer. I didn't notice much less cooling without the extra tubing, the mouthpiece was fine on it's own, but the short length wasn't as convenient during use. I use the same whip/mouthpiece on my Mighty, TM.......

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
I just tried a nebula-style (is that what elev8 calls them too? Do they blow them for VXH?) mouthpiece with a very short silicone adapter. It cooled the vapor a shocking amount for just a mouthpiece. Very cool idea @MonkeyTime. Perhaps my new favorite way to use the MV dry! I had been pressing 18mm stems against the flexicone. That worked pretty well but the FC+ w/nebula mp works better for me I think :)

lazylathe

Almost there...
I just tried a nebula-style (is that what elev8 calls them too? Do they blow them for VXH?) mouthpiece with a very short silicone adapter. It cooled the vapor a shocking amount for just a mouthpiece. Very cool idea @MonkeyTime. Perhaps my new favorite way to use the MV dry! I had been pressing 18mm stems against the flexicone. That worked pretty well but the FC+ w/nebula mp works better for me I think :)

Very cool!
Any pics or links to the items required?

Vitolo

Vaporist
I like the shortest vapor path I can get... the flavors are more intense, and I feel that I get
more medicated.
I cut off my silicone tube, and draw from the MV directly most often:
Photo-on-6-6-20-at-9-08-AM.jpg

When I am in the mood for leisurely sipping, I put an Ed's TNT wooden stem over that:
Photo-on-6-6-20-at-9-09-AM.jpg

Flavor City!
Pardon shirtless condition... It's 109º!

Last edited:

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Very cool!
Any pics or links to the items required?

Nebula/donut style MP, FP+, Mystery Silicone tube (12mm/8mm)

Pretty simple - the MP is secure even upside down.

It adds a lot of cooling for whatever reason IME - probably because of the bifurcation caused by the donut cutout.

E: the MP is from elev8. The silicone tube could have been EQ original, or a DDAVE mod, or something else- not 100% sure.

MonkeyTime

Nebula/donut style MP, FP+, Mystery Silicone tube (12mm/8mm)

Pretty simple - the MP is secure even upside down.

It adds a lot of cooling for whatever reason IME - probably because of the bifurcation caused by the donut cutout.

E: the MP is from elev8. The silicone tube could have been EQ original, or a DDAVE mod, or something else- not 100% sure.
Is your fc+ black silicone? Or do you have it covering the fc?

Murph101

Does anyone know the best way to get in touch with Minivap? I tried using the email on their website, but it bounced back saying mailbox full. Just looking to get some information regarding the upgrade programme. I have an OG teflon that I would like to upgrade to Glass core and revamp the batteries.

Top Bottom