MiniVAP Vaporizer

slerdesan

From a Vapocane handset kit sold by Verdamftnochmal in Germany. Surely some other sites have one
Hi there,
I have a Vapocane handset and also just got a brand new glass core Minivap.
I've tried using the Minivap + j-hook combo you recommended for the first time just a couple of days ago.
However my Vapocane wpa doesn't stand really stable on my Minivap. Also I have to use quite a bit of force to get it in. At first it seems to stand firmly but when I attach the j-hook and start using it, the wpa and the j-hook just fall of after a couple of draws. I've already wasted like 4 bowls trying it out, just holding the Minivap with one hand. I've tried really hard to hold the Minivap as steady as possible and not to move the j-hook in any way when I take a draw, but it just doesn't seem to work one handed.

On the other hand (pun intended) I've then tried using it with two hands, holding the Minivap with one hand and also holding the j-hook from the top (where those spikes are) with the other. This way I was finally able to finish my session without everything falling apart. I must say it's a great improvement over using the long silicone tube that comes stock with the Minivap and that already was better than any of my other vapes (also have a Fury 2 and a Crafty). But with this Minivap + Vapocane setup they don't even come close. The flavour, clouds, also the feeling of inhaling through all glass without any silicone in the way. In fact it's so good I'm willing to use this Minivap + Vapocane combo two handed all the time even if it's a bit cumbersome. I'm really happy I made the choice to go with the Minivap instead of the Mighty (I've heard the Mighty is pretty much the same as the Crafty, but with much better battery life). If the Minivap with the stock silicone tube is a 50% improvement over the Crafty, pairing the Minivap with the Vapocane j-hook is like twice the performance of the Crafty (maybe I'm exaggerating but it really is great).

Because of the stabilty I'm however quite hesitant to use this Vapocane piece as a wpa for my bubblers because The Minivap has to stand upside down and I also have to pull it out every time to clear the bubbler (assume no carb hole).
I'm just wondering, is your combo also so unstable as mine and do you have to push the wpa in quite hard to get it to fit onto the Minivap? Also do you think I could possibly damage my Minivap longterm if I am pushing the Vapocane wpa onto the Minivap on a daily basis?

slerdesan,
Reactions: dimmusp

Fogoff

This is how I use mine theses days, Fury 14mm wpa with flexicon on top. it's doing the job nicely however I'd like to have a more sturdy connection between glass and the MV top.
5OKSDDr.jpg

Fogoff,

slerdesan

@deadlytoaster thanks man, are you able to fit the flexicone + basket using the vapocane 18mm wpa ?
I've just tried it and if you place the flexicone+ inside the Vapocane wpa and then try to attach it to the Minivap it doesn't fit. But I can't find a reason why you would want to use a flexicone with the Vapocane wpa anyway. The major advantage of the Vapocane wpa is that you don't have to use the flexicone at all.
The way you use it is to fill the bowl directly or place a basket in the bowl (whichever you prefer), then place a standard mesh screen on top. It helps if the screen is of a larger diameter than those that are included with the Minivap. The ones that are included with the Vapocane handset work perfectly for me (those are 25mm as opposed to The Minivap's 15.5mm I think, but you should be good with a 20mm screen also).

The smaller 14-18mm wpa they sell fits also... don’t now about the fit of the vapocane wpa but you might find something in your local head shop
I'm interested which one you've found that fits?

Is it this one:
https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/Glass-Incut-Adapter-18-14mm
Or this one:
https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/EHLE-Incut-14-18-Adapter

Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
slerdesan,
Reactions: Fogoff

Michel

I've just tried it and if you place the flexicone+ inside the Vapocane wpa and then try to attach it to the Minivap it doesn't fit. But I can't find a reason why you would want to use a flexicone with the Vapocane wpa anyway. The major advantage of the Vapocane wpa is that you don't have to use the flexicone at all.
The way you use it is to fill the bowl directly or place a basket in the bowl (whichever you prefer), then place a standard mesh screen on top. It helps if the screen is of a larger diameter than those that are included with the Minivap. The ones that are included with the Vapocane handset work perfectly for me (those are 25mm as opposed to The Minivap's 15.5mm I think, but you should be good with a 20mm screen also).

I'm interested which one you've found that fits?

Is it this one:
https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/Glass-Incut-Adapter-18-14mm
Or this one:
https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/EHLE-Incut-14-18-Adapter

Thank you very much!

It’s the first one I bought. It does fit nice and easy without flexicone (just top the basket with a sieve). But I can fit a flexicone with enough pressure under the top lid, too.

Michel,

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Just curious anyone try a evo hydratube on top

I have! I just used it directly against the flexicone. Worked well!

I have a delta 3d 18mm adapter inbound - wanted to see if it would help seal the fit a bit .

unsure what people think about that adapter though :hmm:

Also - after giving the flexicones a little soap and water bath and very carefully cleaning the silicone on top of my MV, I'm now starting to get some good flavor out of it! I think I just need to clean the top silicone a tiny bit more and it'll be as flavorful as everyone says :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

NJ-Cannabis

Has anyone who purchased a peek core from the 420 sale gotten theirs yet? I ordered on 4/17, got free shipping, but it hasn't shipped yet and it's 5/8 now. It still says processing

NJ-Cannabis,

Choices

Has anyone who purchased a peek core from the 420 sale gotten theirs yet? I ordered on 4/17, got free shipping, but it hasn't shipped yet and it's 5/8 now. It still says processing
Same with me. They said it wasn’t leaving the shop to head stateside until this past Tuesday so it could still be a bit of a wait....

Choices,

vtblueeyedguy

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on FC. I just received my MV yesterday and it's been awesome so far. I'm pretty new to vaping herbs so I guess I don't have a lot of experience but I'm definitely enjoying the MV. I mostly stick to vaping hemp on red and throw some real medicine in there after dinner or so.

Anyway, my unit's AC base is missing both the hex pin screws so I can't screw it on! When I try to the housing just starts to spin and I don't want to break anything. I'd really like to use this thing like a log vape on my couch and use the battery at my computer/out and about. Does anyone know the sizes of the screws and where to get them easily in the US?

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
^ I'd recommend contacting support. I'll check the screw sizes - maybe head to a hardware store & test out various lil ones until you (luckily) find a match?

deadlytoaster,

vtblueeyedguy

Thanks. That's what I would normally do, but I'm still worried about the 'rona. Thanks for checking screw sizes. I just realized there's no reason for me to use pin hexes, so if I can figure out the size and length I can just use normal screws and get them anywhere.

I did reach out to support, but I'm trying to prepare if they try to ship me two screws and a special allen key from Spain. They were out of flexicone+ when I ordered so they're sending me a shipment soon anyway, so it's really not the end of the world. I'm just trying to figure out if I can fix it up real quick before then...

Also, the battery is pretty awesome so /shrug?

vtblueeyedguy,

Choices

My brilliant orange special edition PEEK core arrived today from my order for the 4/20 sale. I used the standard mouthpiece since flexicones+ are on backorder and in fact arriving Thursday. I didn’t realize how close together it would ship plus I didn’t know what might happen pandemic wise so I said ship in two shipments. I put some Lemon OG in after a medium fine grind. The instructions were helpful and it took a second to realize the o-rings are metal ( or at least I hope it is because that’s what I did! Let me know if I am in error.)
I’ve been vaping fairly regularly now for four years after a period of non use since college. To be blunt: I have never felt these types of effects that are so medical like. By that I mean the feeling after just one small mesh bowl was like I get from a hydrocodone pill I had a prescription of six pills for an acute lower abdominal strain. Except this medicated my pain which was still of the initial intensity and it truly relieved it in a way that I never felt using cannabis. More data needs to be collected. Cycled up from blue to green and had a number of draws at each level.The absence of huge clouds compared to my butane wooden vapes was apparent but the taste and effect were incredible. Hope it coniinues to perform like this. I am very impressed! And medicated!

BlueHueCO

Glad you are loving your Minivap!! I love mine too, and my GF does even more. We have an OG Teflon we purchased used, and that thing delivers the goods. I love my other desktops too, but the fact that I can use the MV wherever I go makes it a game changer. I do lots of AV and decor work for large events (well I did before the virus wiped out my industry :/) so after a shift (some 16 hours) I would be very sore and exhausted. My minivap erases all the pain, it's almost magic. My boss is a guy with a fucked up back from getting hit on his motorcycle, and whenever I bring my minivap to his place after a gig, he prefers it over his SSV. He uses herb to minimize how many pain pills he takes, so it's high praise for my MV to trade blows with his old reliable. It's a special device. I sure hope the Minivap team are doing ok with all that's going on, I'm glad people are supporting them right now! Stay well, stay high, and enjoy your wee beast of a vape.

Tweakz

Glad you are loving your Minivap!! I love mine too, and my GF does even more. We have an OG Teflon we purchased used, and that thing delivers the goods. I love my other desktops too, but the fact that I can use the MV wherever I go makes it a game changer. I do lots of AV and decor work for large events (well I did before the virus wiped out my industry :/) so after a shift (some 16 hours) I would be very sore and exhausted. My minivap erases all the pain, it's almost magic. My boss is a guy with a fucked up back from getting hit on his motorcycle, and whenever I bring my minivap to his place after a gig, he prefers it over his SSV. He uses herb to minimize how many pain pills he takes, so it's high praise for my MV to trade blows with his old reliable. It's a special device. I sure hope the Minivap team are doing ok with all that's going on, I'm glad people are supporting them right now! Stay well, stay high, and enjoy your wee beast of a vape.
incredibly cool review! it encourages me to pay even more attention to minivap. I want to get this monster too

Tweakz,

BlueHueCO

Thank you tweakz! Glad you liked it! Yeah though, Minivaps are just a luxury experience through and through. I like the case they come with, they got great battery life, ergonomics are top-notch, and the vapor gets me every time. My OG can be a little hot on the throat at the higher settings when doing real long draws, but no worse so than any of my other convections. I mainly used to bring a splinter or a dynavap along, but my minivap is cooler, so it's the main now.

BlueHueCO,

Choices

@BlueHueCO do you find in your experience that the vapor cloud on exhale is minimal? Granted I am not a cloud chaser but more of an effects junkie, but I was surprised that the cloud production was so slight but the effects so strong. How did this compare to your experience so far? Others feel free to chime in as well!

readyman

I have a ghost mv1 cloud evo and tera 3 and Plenty and the Plenty and the tera gets me more medicated for one session it seems like maybe the minivap would be like that I dont own one but maybe that can change

readyman,
Reactions: BlueHueCO
Top Bottom