MiniVAP Vaporizer

Choices

Exactly. Didn't want to come off as the boorish American, especially when it involves a vape from across the pond...:)

Looks like "Orange is the New Vap" for me! Now the 30 days of waiting. Plenty of time read up on what appears to be a great product!

Lucky you! $250 is a steal!

This post from February of 2013 makes me feel better about my purchase!

Last edited:

Sol23

The MV baskets work so well, I've never been interested in trying something else. The MV baskets are the best performing and go very long between cleaning, better than any other flower holder I've experienced.

PEEK has slight edge on flavor and smoothness over glass, so I'd recommend PEEK for dry only.
I have a glass core, peek core and Teflon and taste wise, the purest and most tasteful hits come from the Teflon. The Peek has a slight plastic-ish taste that I can taste when on red. Can anyone else relate?

kadjo

Is there an actual difference between the limited editions (colors) and the regular portables (black and silver) ?

I have searched many of the hundreds of pages to no avail. I was plannj g on a peek core with decarb kit. Wasn't sure if there were any major differences in the Internals for the two styles.

The limited edition says it's the "most advanced version". I dont know if I should get that or the regular. I prefer the silver bit I'd go blue or gold for upgraded tech.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Choices

Hi @kadjo I am only a little bit ahead of you on the MiniVap journey but I think one of the best mindsets to adopt is one that looks at time based statements on a much longer time scale. I think the limited edition colors first appeared in 2017. They are the “most advanced” meaning they have quick cores, (again quick means 1-2 minutes compared to 5-8 with the original). Plus the true Teflon models seem to be pretty much not available through MiniVap but the Peek version which replaces Teflon is at this time. I got an orange Peek limited edition and a decarb kit. I figured I wanted the option of ramping up the conduction which this set up allows, whereas the glass core doesn’t really allow a person to back off. But heck I’ve never used this device and there are a number of forum members that have the glass core and love the flavor so really either likely works. The other point is that the discount only applied to Limited Editions, making them less expensive than the traditional color versions. Hope you can benefit from my google searches!

kadjo

Hi @kadjo I am only a little bit ahead of you on the MiniVap journey but I think one of the best mindsets to adopt is one that looks at time based statements on a much longer time scale. I think the limited edition colors first appeared in 2017. They are the “most advanced” meaning they have quick cores, (again quick means 1-2 minutes compared to 5-8 with the original). Plus the true Teflon models seem to be pretty much not available through MiniVap but the Peek version which replaces Teflon is at this time. I got an orange Peek limited edition and a decarb kit. I figured I wanted the option of ramping up the conduction which this set up allows, whereas the glass core doesn’t really allow a person to back off. But heck I’ve never used this device and there are a number of forum members that have the glass core and love the flavor so really either likely works. The other point is that the discount only applied to Limited Editions, making them less expensive than the traditional color versions. Hope you can benefit from my google searches!

Thank you! That is very helpful. I'm gonna go look again right now. I may have missed the sale but I think I'm going for it.

kadjo,
Reactions: ataxian

kanal

hey! Can someone please post pictures of how to use the vapcane with the minivap - old ones are not available anymore and I am curious how to assemble it^^ thanks!

kanal,
Reactions: ataxian

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I have a glass core, peek core and Teflon and taste wise, the purest and most tasteful hits come from the Teflon. The Peek has a slight plastic-ish taste that I can taste when on red. Can anyone else relate?
I have an older core Teflon and glass and a quick core PEEK. I have not noticed any off taste on the PEEK. However, I only use red when hitting through water. Green for dry for me.

c76man,
Reactions: dimmusp

Sol23

I have an older core Teflon and glass and a quick core PEEK. I have not noticed any off taste on the PEEK. However, I only use red when hitting through water. Green for dry for me.
I appreciate your response my friend.

Sol23,

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
My order also landed today. Clouds are as big as expected. Flavor is... a bit weird? I think the (silicone?) At the top is giving off a slightly sweet flavor.

Did anyone else experience this? I did a burnoff.

Expecting it to break in - had much worse smell/taste issues with other vapes (mighty comes to mind) on arrival.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
hey! Can someone please post pictures of how to use the vapcane with the minivap - old ones are not available anymore and I am curious how to assemble it^^ thanks!
If you have the 18mm WPA from the Vapo-Cane then it should squeeze with effort right above the bowl. You'll need to use some screens or baskets it or onto the bowl.

deadlytoaster,

Fogoff

My order also landed today. Clouds are as big as expected. Flavor is... a bit weird? I think the (silicone?) At the top is giving off a slightly sweet flavor.

Did anyone else experience this? I did a burnoff.
I updated my og teflon to glass core last year, the top part that was white is now black. I remember that it needed a couple of vapes to get rid of the smell then it was all good to go.

Top Bottom