MiniVAP Vaporizer

readyman

If you have one core quick peek can you change to another such as glass by yourself or does factory have to do it

readyman,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've only tried teflon... but others can share.

My understanding is glass is faster and more extraction. I've never been left wanting more from my Teflon, I am more than satisfied.
I broke so much glass when I started vaping.
Trying to be care these daze’s!
The MV I have is glass. (Taste pretty decent)
Maybe I’m out of touch?

ataxian,

dimmusp

So are the prices for the Minivap desktop really $217.63?
Where are you seeing that price? I know that the USD price is lower because you don't have to pay European VAT (similar to US sales tax but way higher), but even if I switch to that I don't see that exact number.

BTW, I've been reading the whole thread since the beginning and just made it to page 100 (still looking at posts from 2014! :o )...

I saw a lot of people having to return their MiniVAPs due to all sorts of defects (devices that stopped working properly or at all, dings & scratches out of the box, etc.). Is that still common?

Also, I read several comments saying that the vapor that comes out of the mouthpiece is very hot, and that the MiniVAP is best suited for use through water. Is that true? I'm interested in vapes that don't need water (nor huge plastic whips) to provide cool vapor.

Thanks

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Where are you seeing that price? I know that the USD price is lower because you don't have to pay European VAT (similar to US sales tax but way higher), but even if I switch to that I don't see that exact number.

BTW, I've been reading the whole thread since the beginning and just made it to page 100 (still looking at posts from 2014! :o )...

I saw a lot of people having to return their MiniVAPs due to all sorts of defects (devices that stopped working properly or at all, dings & scratches out of the box, etc.). Is that still common?

Also, I read several comments saying that the vapor that comes out of the mouthpiece is very hot, and that the MiniVAP is best suited for use through water. Is that true? I'm interested in vapes that don't need water (nor huge plastic whips) to provide cool vapor.

Thanks
I love water path these daze here on the pale blue dot we all live on technology permitting!
Having said my statement of babbling bubbles: da MV is like wine decanter POV?
With this decent unit of bliss I use it dry mostly due to it’s smoothness !

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
I put in my order for a blue limited edition, glass quick core MV today! Got some extra medium screen-bowl things, a 14mm adapter, and extra flexicones. The deal wasn't as big as I was hoping but it's all good. Had my eye on one of these guys for at least a few months and I think that supporting small, artesian vape makers is probably very helpful to them right now!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I put in my order for a blue limited edition, glass quick core MV today! Got some extra medium screen-bowl things, a 14mm adapter, and extra flexicones. The deal wasn't as big as I was hoping but it's all good. Had my eye on one of these guys for at least a few months and I think that supporting small, artesian vape makers is probably very helpful to them right now!
Just enjoy the MV and enjoy something safer than soda called: “CANNABIS “ in some language somewhere, somehow.

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Also, I read several comments saying that the vapor that comes out of the mouthpiece is very hot, and that the MiniVAP is best suited for use through water. Is that true?

Unfortunately, that's a feature of convection vapes. Conduction vapes actually have an advantage here - the only hot shit hitting your mouth/lungs is the vapor. With convection vapes, the herb was stripped of its cannabis by hot air - that air must obey the laws of physics and stay hot. The only way to remedy this is a long vapor path that allows heat exchange or allowing the vapor time to cool over time. The classic options to add length to the vapor path are: whip, glass mouthpiece, bags, water.

Some vapes have internal airpaths. The tradeoff is more difficulty in cleaning. Otherwise you will have to use some sort of cooling option.

All that said, convection vapes are so much better than conduction vapes that I personally don't mind dealing with cooling options.

Disclaimer: my unit hasn't arrived, this comes from my experience with my collection.

GoldenBud

Conduction vapes actually have an advantage here - the only hot shit hitting your mouth/lungs is the vapor. With convection vapes, the herb was stripped of its cannabis by hot air - that air must obey the laws of physics and stay hot.

With a conduction device, it depends how much heat soak you give it. like, if you got a Solo II (condcution device) and you'll let it sit at 420F for a minute or two, the vapor will be very hot too.
That's why 'sippers' prefer conduction devices - they can decide how big the 'cloud' will be according to their waiting time.

The law of pyshics is like "Heat will flow from high temp to low temp" , with a convection device you don't need to wait. MiniVap is like a Solo II but a 100% convection, no need to wait.

With a convection device it will be quicker

that's why people who like big clouds, not sippers, never stop when they purchase a conduction device, if somebody like CLOUDS he'll get a 100% convection reliable device. it's faster, tastier, and hotter too - because you don't control the heat soaking. you know you gonna finish the bowl faster.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
With a conduction device, it depends how much heat soak you give it. like, if you got a Solo II (condcution device) and you'll let it sit at 420F for a minute or two, the vapor will be very hot too.
That's why 'sippers' prefer conduction devices - they can decide how big the 'cloud' will be according to their waiting time.

The law of pyshics is like "Heat will flow from high temp to low temp" , with a convection device you don't need to wait. MiniVap is like a Solo II but a 100% convection, no need to wait.

With a convection device it will be quicker

that's why people who like big clouds, not sippers, never stop when they purchase a conduction device, if somebody like CLOUDS he'll get a 100% convection reliable device. it's faster, tastier, and hotter too - because you don't control the heat soaking. you know you gonna finish the bowl faster.
Thermo-engineer speak!
Science and study and lot's of CANNABIS (bowl full MV )

readyman

I have a vapexhale cloud evo when I buy a mv should I get ceramic instead of glass core since evo is glass also just curious anyone who owns ghost mv1 and minivap if mv1 is working good is it close to mv smoothness thanks

readyman,
Reactions: ataxian

Goita

I have an evo, ghost and mv with glass core. The mv is not as smooth as the ghost but it is still very good, for me the main difference is the mv is just very reliable consistent and low maintenance with a massive battery life. In comparison to the evo I find it gives a more rounded high where as the evo is like doing shots, if that makes sense.

Probably worth mentioning that I never use my ghost anymore, and mainly use my mv. Mv or evo - I prefer the high on the mv but if I need to just get stoned really quickly I will plug the evo in!

Last edited by a moderator:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Probably worth mentioning that I never use my ghost anymore, and mainly use my mv. Mv or evo - I prefer the high on the mv but if I need to just get stoned really quickly I will plug the evo in!
Not that you asked me to chime in?
My take for what’s is worth is the MV taste very decent & a flame is not needed?
MINIVAP is the only VAP I use dry.
The EVO I alway’s use with a WP or HYDRO-TUBE

Last edited:

Choices

So if one were never going to use this any manner except dry, would there be a better choice between the two cores? Those Special Editions are $250ish with current code discount. Is likely to be the least they likely get?

slerdesan

Has anyone tried using the Mighty/Crafty dosing capsules with the Minivap? Is it good for microdosing or do the small MV baskets perform better?

slerdesan,
Reactions: ataxian

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
Has anyone tried using the Mighty/Crafty dosing capsules with the Minivap? Is it good for microdosing or do the small MV baskets perform better?
The MV baskets work so well, I've never been interested in trying something else. The MV baskets are the best performing and go very long between cleaning, better than any other flower holder I've experienced.

So if one were never going to use this any manner except dry, would there be a better choice between the two cores? Those Special Editions are $250ish with current code discount. Is likely to be the least they likely get?
PEEK has slight edge on flavor and smoothness over glass, so I'd recommend PEEK for dry only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom