• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Minicron, Minicron Lite and Ophos Oil Vaporizers

waxdab23

Anyone here who has a single coil Ti Gr2 coil, use it at below 3 volts?
That flavor... my gawww

I'm running the dual coil right now on an iStick TC100W at 2.97V and hoooooly I know what you mean about that flavor. I know you mentioned single coil, but same idea.

I'm actually running it in temperature control mode at 10W (which works out to 2.97V on the istick) and 400F. No overwhelming vapor like when I crank it to 14W and 500F, but $@#!in' delicious. And, makes a grain of rice last foreeeever.

Anyway, probably the wrong thread for all that but you mentioned the W9 Ti Gr 2 coils so thought I'd chime in.

Ink25

Hey guys! I recently bought an Ophos and a ti gr2 kiss cartridge single coil, and it's coming in today.

I skimmed through the thread and I came up with these questions, which I hope haven't been answered( so sorry if it has, it's hard to remember 48 pages worth).

What's the difference between the stock cart and the ti gr2 kiss cart? Why would I use the kiss over the stock?

How much wax can the stock hold? What about the kiss cart? I've heard various answers, ranging from 0.1, 0.5, to a gram.

Can I change the volts on the actual pen? Or do I need The Core?

When my pen arrives in the package, is it assembled already? Can I put wax in it right out of the package(or after charging it) and hit it?

How does the actual pen button work? I know you press it 5 times to turn it on, and you hold the button when taking a hit, but how long do I hold the button? Can I hold it for 10 seconds for example? Or would that be bad for the pen in any way? How long do you hold it? Do I need to wait in between hits?

What's the best way to pack it? I've read to turn on the vape, and hover the wax above the coil so it drips onto the wick. Would I be able to do this with largeish amounts? Is there a better way?

Thank you in advance!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Hey guys! I recently bought an Ophos and a ti gr2 kiss cartridge single coil, and it's coming in today.

I skimmed through the thread and I came up with these questions, which I hope haven't been answered( so sorry if it has, it's hard to remember 48 pages worth).

What's the difference between the stock cart and the ti gr2 kiss cart? Why would I use the kiss over the stock?

How much wax can the stock hold? What about the kiss cart? I've heard various answers, ranging from 0.1, 0.5, to a gram.

When my pen arrives in the package, is it assembled already? Can I put wax in it right out of the package(or after charging it) and hit it?

How does the actual pen button work? I know you press it 5 times to turn it on, and you hold the button when taking a hit, but how long do I hold the button? Can I hold it for 10 seconds for example? Or would that be bad for the pen in any way? How long do you hold it? Do I need to wait in between hits?

What's the best way to pack it? I've read to turn on the vape, and hover the wax above the coil so it drips onto the wick. Would I be able to do this with largeish amounts? Is there a better way?

Thank you in advance!
If the stock cart is the long skinny silver tube (eo cart) then that's one you put .5 grams into. You use the little fill funnel to do it. Make sure it's secured in place and put the concentrate in. Then use a torch lighter or heat gun to heat the tube a little, then go around the funnel until it all melts in. Heating the tube up first helps it slide all the way down Just don't make it so hot the oil starts cooking, it will mess with the flavor. Holding the tube with your fingers helps make sure you don't make it to hot, but you could also drop it that way. Those can be tricky to vape with, I just use short 1-2 second pulses. Also those can leak in a warm car or pocket.

The kiss is a load as you go cart. I put a rice/bb sized amount on those. I usually tap the button to melt it on/in a bit. Then I do 3 seconds power on, 3 off, 3 on, then finish up inhaling the whole time. This is what I do, but just do whatever works. I've read the break in power gives the coils a chance to get coated again before vaping. You could just hold the button for 5-10 seconds if you want though.

I prefer the flavor and layg style of the kiss, but the eo cart can be super handy. The pen can't change volts and the core would only charge it. The ones that use the core are the omicron, persei, and 8.

Then pen should come ready to just screw on the cart and vape after charging.

To load it just make sure you don't touch the coil with a metal tool. You can use it and like you said heat it so the wax drops down onto the coil. Some people use toothpicks and depending on the wax you can just use your fingers. I'm probably in the minority because I actually use a little plastic tool I also use to scrape wax out of the cup and clean with. You just need to never use it when the coil is hot since it's plastic.

masaki

Thank you in advance!

- Stock vs Ti grade 2 cart... Stock doesnt use a titanium wire and will probably hit harder. Ti gr2 kiss is made of ti gr 2 wire and has a black ceramic wick that soaks in more oil and adds better flavor over white ceramic wick. Ti cart takes a big longer to reach temp.

- Load size is preference... You can add as little as .1 and get a few hits out of it. I definitely wouldn't recommend anything more than .2-.3 or you'll flood the cart and the heating element will struggle and create a sticky mess..

- Ophos doesn't change voltage

- All you will need to do is screw on your kiss cart onto the ophos to operate it.. I would charge it out the box.

- click 5 times power on.. Hold the button as long or as short as you like, ill usually re press my button before the cutoff. I think its 10 or 15 seconds not sure. But how you operate the ophos shouldn't matter to much. Its the 7.4v kiss carts and hercules sr74 that require a real technique, but that belongs in the Persei Thread.

- Loading for me depends on the consistency of my Oil. If its stable wax ill put a chunk onto the coil and vape. If its more sap consistency ill slowly melt the the wax into the coil/wick by touch the wax on the coil and pressing the button for 1-2 seconds, just enough to melt the wax into the wick. Don't touch your dabber against the coil or put pressure on the coil when loading your kiss.

You should really play around with it and see what works best for you. The ophos + kiss is as easy as it gets..

Ink25

So the only reason to go with the KISS cart is for flavor and load n go? If i didn't really care about flavor and I wanted to pack more than just a couple sessions worth, I should go with the stock?

Ink25,

masaki

So the only reason to go with the KISS cart is for flavor and load n go? If i didn't really care about flavor and I wanted to pack more than just a couple sessions worth, I should go with the stock?
I just don't see a couple seshes per load happening.. Like I said your going need to play around and see what works for you. But in my experience any kiss cart I owned whether it was a stock nichrome kiss cart or a ti cart or globe, It needed to be reloaded at least once per session. And the times I over loaded a kiss cart just ended up giving me wispy hits with a bad taste.. The Ti kiss is probably going last longer per load vs the stock will vape your load alot quicker since it heats up faster. But honestly who doesnt care about flavor with their concentrates?!

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
@Ink25 a single hit off the KISS will give great flavor that can't be matched by the Essential Oil cartridge. It also delivers a denser hit of tasty vapor compared to the EO cart which meters oils for light hits, over 100 hits on a half gram of oil are possible with that cartridge. With a KISS cart you would use a lot less hits to vaporize the same amount of oil, so each hit will be more powerful.

Loading about a half grain of rice- grain of rice sized amount at once is the best usage technique to keep the cart clean, tasty, and ensure it lasts a long time!

If you have any questions on how to clean a coil or cartridge, I hope this helps:

http://www.w9tech.com/oil-vaporizer...r-kiss-cartridges-and-coils-a-photo-tutorial/

Last edited:

Ink25

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the help. I just have one more question. I fully charged my Ophos and I took off the mouthpiece and I did a dry burn, but the coil didn't turn red. I saw a few videos where the coil turns red right after they press the button, and I was wondering if the Ophos was supposed to do the same?

Ink25,

Ink25

Answered my own question. For anyone wondering, it doesn't turn red.and for anyone wondering if you should buy the O-phos... Do it! I've already fallen in love

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
W9 Tech thanks you for your continued support and wishes to include a little secret something with all orders $30 on up through 4/20. We promise you'll be happy about these freebies, especially if you're a stealthy vaporist. Check out our On Sale closeout priced gear, including the last of our Minicron and O-Phos lineup and KISS cartridges to fit them, or stock up on new AC coils for your Omicron- $30 or more of anything at w9tech.com qualifies for our 4/20 secret giveaway!

PS we're being super sneaky and have included secret stuff for all orders since yesterday afternoon, so if you've purchased recently- enjoy your surprise :)

W9 Tech thanks you for your continued support and wishes to include a little secret something with all orders $30 on up through 4/20. We promise you'll be happy about these freebies, especially if you're a stealthy vaporist. Check out our On Sale closeout priced gear, including the last of our Minicron and O-Phos lineup and KISS cartridges to fit them, or stock up on new AC coils for your Omicron- $30 or more of anything at w9tech.com qualifies for our 4/20 secret giveaway!

PS we're being super sneaky and have included secret stuff for all orders since yesterday afternoon, so if you've purchased recently- enjoy your surprise :)

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but will the Alpha Centauri V2 be sold separately at some point? Also what are the differences between v1 and v2?

Lastly and most importantly, when do the 420 freebies for orders $30 and up end? I'm especially interested since I like being a stealthy vaporist ;)

Adolf_HittinThisVape,
Reactions: ragnorokk

Morty

Sorry to bump an old thread. Just got a couple W9 Tech Vaporizers recently & I gotta say these little things have got me cheezin' ear to ear. The black & silver look much better in person than they look online. Primed the coil & kept it saturated & have not had a bad hit out of it. Damn tasty & chucks out decent clouds. Sucks they're phasing them out. I believe they're all out of stock on W9's site as well as Delta 9 Vapes & Oilvaporizer.com. I got mine from PIU :) & it's still in stock for $25 w/ the FC code. This would be a great starter pen for the $ or a nice little backup. It's worked great as a stealth option, & fits nicely in the palm of the hand. It comes w/ a KISS Mini cart but I believe it can can also be used w/ a KISS Gen 3 Ti single coil cart. You could get a variable voltage Omega for the same price, but these don't look as chunky & appear more skinny like an actual pen for out & about. Loving mine. :tup:

Adobewan

Sorry to bump an old thread. Just got a couple W9 Tech Vaporizers recently & I gotta say these little things have got me cheezin' ear to ear. The black & silver look much better in person than they look online. Primed the coil & kept it saturated & have not had a bad hit out of it. Damn tasty & chucks out decent clouds. Sucks they're phasing them out. ...
I agree. I'm nostalgic about G's line.
His work was instrumental in my transition to vaporizing exclusively. His approach was eye opening and my first experience with what I consider stellar customer service. I've been pleasantly surprised find that to be somewhat common in the vape industry, but G was always around to help, encourage, and steer his customers.
I saw his enthusiasm and hunger for innovation first hand and am always looking forward to future coolness coming out of his wild imagination.
Go G!

tdog49

vapingOregon
Yes, the Vaporizer/Cannacig is just about perfection... everything you *need* and stealthier than anything else. I have the stainless model, very clean and classy looking pen. I just ordered what maybe it's last coil from PIU... I have two Omi's, a Sai and an Evolve plus....I must just be a caveman because my favorite coils are still nichrome...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes, the Vaporizer/Cannacig is just about perfection... everything you *need* and stealthier than anything else. I have the stainless model, very clean and classy looking pen. I just ordered what maybe it's last coil from PIU... I have two Omi's, a Sai and an Evolve plus....I must just be a caveman because my favorite coils are still nichrome...
Tell us the secret?
You will live forever?

My OMNI is full and keeps me CIVILIZED!

Top Bottom