Discontinued Minicron, Minicron Lite and Ophos Oil Vaporizers

EpicNameGuy

I've never purchased any W9 products but have been following for awhile. I have used MANY 510/ego variants for concentrate and canna-juice.

From an outsider looking in, its kind of difficult to sort out what the various batteries are and why you choose one vs another. I believe after reading a ton in this thread that the batteries are more or less the same but just differ in charge capacity and perhaps power delivery time.

However, there is much discussion on 3.7v vs 7.4v and how that affects the performance of the chosen cart/atomizer/whatever you call yours. Assuming we are specifically talking about the device operating as a portable, I'm assuming the only way you can get to 7.4 is by stacking batteries, perhaps with the Core? I'm very confused about that aspect even after trying to sort through the details myself. Perhaps the pieces of information peppered about in this thread could be incorporated into some type of guide on the w9 website. New customers are bound to be confused especially if they are not experienced with ecig style devices in general.

All-in-all, I started reading up again because I saw there is a box mod looking device in development that seems made specifically for the SR-74 which seems to be the top-end cart. Ultimately, that's the cart I'd like to use, but even just the cart itself has a bunch of parts that can be assembled and even upgraded with kits from the site? That's also compounding my confusion. Is the upgrade to go from SR-71 -> SR-74, or is it SR-74++? Some light shed here would also be great.

I think I'm ultimately looking to drive a SR-74 perhaps at 7.4v, perhaps not. I'd much rather drive it in a box style device than a typical pen style battery. Must I use the SR-74 on a Persei? What happens if I don't.

As I mentioned, I have messed with many ecig type portable vapes for concentrate and have been relatively disappointed. Looking for a portable a device that ideally isn't huge or an eye sore yet delivers the power to drive a cart to vape concentrates properly. Any help is appreciated.

EpicNameGuy,
Reactions: j-bug

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I've never purchased any W9 products but have been following for awhile. I have used MANY 510/ego variants for concentrate and canna-juice.

From an outsider looking in, its kind of difficult to sort out what the various batteries are and why you choose one vs another. I believe after reading a ton in this thread that the batteries are more or less the same but just differ in charge capacity and perhaps power delivery time.

However, there is much discussion on 3.7v vs 7.4v and how that affects the performance of the chosen cart/atomizer/whatever you call yours. Assuming we are specifically talking about the device operating as a portable, I'm assuming the only way you can get to 7.4 is by stacking batteries, perhaps with the Core? I'm very confused about that aspect even after trying to sort through the details myself. Perhaps the pieces of information peppered about in this thread could be incorporated into some type of guide on the w9 website. New customers are bound to be confused especially if they are not experienced with ecig style devices in general.

All-in-all, I started reading up again because I saw there is a box mod looking device in development that seems made specifically for the SR-74 which seems to be the top-end cart. Ultimately, that's the cart I'd like to use, but even just the cart itself has a bunch of parts that can be assembled and even upgraded with kits from the site? That's also compounding my confusion. Is the upgrade to go from SR-71 -> SR-74, or is it SR-74++? Some light shed here would also be great.

I think I'm ultimately looking to drive a SR-74 perhaps at 7.4v, perhaps not. I'd much rather drive it in a box style device than a typical pen style battery. Must I use the SR-74 on a Persei? What happens if I don't.

As I mentioned, I have messed with many ecig type portable vapes for concentrate and have been relatively disappointed. Looking for a portable a device that ideally isn't huge or an eye sore yet delivers the power to drive a cart to vape concentrates properly. Any help is appreciated.

The upgrade kits are for older versions of the herc (sr-74 -> sr-74x), if you buy one now it *should* be upgraded already. The okeanos upgrade is the same thing, it's for older versions they don't sell anymore.

The herc won't run with these. All the vapes without removable batteries are 3.7 and it's mostly just about the capacity of the battery and size of the vape. Though the ohpos is ego and the others are mod. The herc does have a 3.7 rod but these vapes don't power it well enough to use because [insert electrical engineering stuff I don't know here]. I've actually seen a vid of someone doing it and it *kind of* worked, but it was a sad pale imitation of what it should be.

To get 7.4 you need the persei, the 8, or the core. I think some omicron tops do it, but I've never had one of those. The persei/8 will stack two 18350 3.7v batteries to make it 7.4v. You can also use an 18650 higher capacity battery that's bigger for 3.7v or use the shorter tube with 1 18350 for 3.7v. I forget the specs of the core but it'll go below 3.7 and above 7.4 so you can dial it in. I think for some of the w9 tops there's a deadzone at 5-6 where it doesn't work. This is amazing for the herc, constant power at the voltage you set it at. Some people like to run the herc at 7.2v or 6.8v.

I don't have any experience with tc boxes or anything like that. Feel free to ask more questions though, I 100% get the confusion and I'm sure I didn't explain that as clearly as I could. I wanted the herc as soon as I saw a pic of it disassembled and hopping into the 1000+ page persei thread to find out about it was intimidating. The persei thread is way more active though, especially about the herc.

EpicNameGuy

The upgrade kits are for older versions of the herc (sr-74 -> sr-74x), if you buy one now it *should* be upgraded already. The okeanos upgrade is the same thing, it's for older versions they don't sell anymore.

The herc won't run with these. All the vapes without removable batteries are 3.7 and it's mostly just about the capacity of the battery and size of the vape. Though the ohpos is ego and the others are mod. The herc does have a 3.7 rod but these vapes don't power it well enough to use because [insert electrical engineering stuff I don't know here]. I've actually seen a vid of someone doing it and it *kind of* worked, but it was a sad pale imitation of what it should be.

To get 7.4 you need the persei, the 8, or the core. I think some omicron tops do it, but I've never had one of those. The persei/8 will stack two 18350 3.7v batteries to make it 7.4v. You can also use an 18650 higher capacity battery that's bigger for 3.7v or use the shorter tube with 1 18350 for 3.7v. I forget the specs of the core but it'll go below 3.7 and above 7.4 so you can dial it in. I think for some of the w9 tops there's a deadzone at 5-6 where it doesn't work. This is amazing for the herc, constant power at the voltage you set it at. Some people like to run the herc at 7.2v or 6.8v.

I don't have any experience with tc boxes or anything like that. Feel free to ask more questions though, I 100% get the confusion and I'm sure I didn't explain that as clearly as I could. I wanted the herc as soon as I saw a pic of it disassembled and hopping into the 1000+ page persei thread to find out about it was intimidating. The persei thread is way more active though, especially about the herc.

Heh, nice explanation of why the non-Persei devices can't drive the 3.7v rod. Maybe it had to do with the same general reason sub ohm is an issue for the same style batteries?

I suppose that means I'd be looking at sorting out the differences between the Persei / 8 / Core. I don't believe any of those are box style mods though. I suppose I also need to sort out why I would want to drive the herc at 3.7 vs 7.4 or wherever in between. I presume it's a temp thing.

If I need to run 2 18350s in series to drive the herc optimally, I suppose I prefer to do so in a side-by-side configuration such as a box mod vs literally stacked such as presumably the Persei, 8 or core.

I guess at this point I am not really entertaining the Omicron or Ophos as they cannot drive the Herc. Would I be better off posting in the Persei-related thread?

I also would like to understand what the Core is. I think it's a charging system that allows simultaneous charging and usage of a device such as the Persei.

Lastly, I hear "tops" referenced a decent bit. They seem to be rather important to the operation of the device. This is a concept that seems different from more common vape pen style devices. If I understand, I could have a Persei but that doesn't mean much without regard to the "top" aka the brains of the device? Am I way off here?

Also, is W9 producing a box mod style device specifically for the Herc? If so, is there a timeline?

Last question currently... are any of the W9 products temp controlled? I realize they are adjustable voltage which indirectly is a wattage adjustment. However, do any of the devices adjust voltage if/when necessary to maintain a steady temperature and/or wattage?

Thanks!

EpicNameGuy,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Heh, nice explanation of why the non-Persei devices can't drive the 3.7v rod. Maybe it had to do with the same general reason sub ohm is an issue for the same style batteries?

I suppose that means I'd be looking at sorting out the differences between the Persei / 8 / Core. I don't believe any of those are box style mods though. I suppose I also need to sort out why I would want to drive the herc at 3.7 vs 7.4 or wherever in between. I presume it's a temp thing.

If I need to run 2 18350s in series to drive the herc optimally, I suppose I prefer to do so in a side-by-side configuration such as a box mod vs literally stacked such as presumably the Persei, 8 or core.

I guess at this point I am not really entertaining the Omicron or Ophos as they cannot drive the Herc. Would I be better off posting in the Persei-related thread?

I also would like to understand what the Core is. I think it's a charging system that allows simultaneous charging and usage of a device such as the Persei.

Lastly, I hear "tops" referenced a decent bit. They seem to be rather important to the operation of the device. This is a concept that seems different from more common vape pen style devices. If I understand, I could have a Persei but that doesn't mean much without regard to the "top" aka the brains of the device? Am I way off here?

Also, is W9 producing a box mod style device specifically for the Herc? If so, is there a timeline?

Last question currently... are any of the W9 products temp controlled? I realize they are adjustable voltage which indirectly is a wattage adjustment. However, do any of the devices adjust voltage if/when necessary to maintain a steady temperature and/or wattage?

Thanks!
Yes, if you want to run the herc I think the persei thread is where you want to be posting. Actually there's a couple posts in the thread today talking about using the herc with box mods and doing temp control. None of their current vapes do temp control, but Uptech is making a temp control box mod specifically for the herc, kiss ac, and the gen 3 kiss cart. As for the release date I think he said if all goes well December or possibly earlier and March at the latest. You can see pics of it in this post: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...s-and-concentrates.4873/page-1228#post-855239

So "persei" is more referring to the top. The rest of it is just a tube for the batteries, it's pretty much like a flashlight. The core basically replaces the batteries in the persei/omicron/8 with an insert that it plugs into the bottom of. The insert is a spring loaded pin on top to give power with some filler plastic below and a cap that screws in on the bottom of the tube. The core plugs into the bottom of the insert cap, the insert just transfers power from the cord to the top. It comes with persei and omicron tubes with the inserts already in so you can just put a top on it and use it. The core itself has a screen with +/- buttons to change the voltage. Also comes with a car adapter.

I hope that core description was clear, I'm sure not being familiar with any of the products makes it hard to visualize. Let me know if I missed any questions.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: elmoe420

EpicNameGuy

Yes, if you want to run the herc I think the persei thread is where you want to be posting. Actually there's a couple posts in the thread today talking about using the herc with box mods and doing temp control. None of their current vapes do temp control, but Uptech is making a temp control box mod specifically for the herc, kiss ac, and the gen 3 kiss cart. As for the release date I think he said if all goes well December or possibly earlier and March at the latest. You can see pics of it in this post: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...s-and-concentrates.4873/page-1228#post-855239

So "persei" is more referring to the top. The rest of it is just a tube for the batteries, it's pretty much like a flashlight. The core basically replaces the batteries in the persei/omicron/8 with an insert that it plugs into the bottom of. The insert is a spring loaded pin on top to give power with some filler plastic below and a cap that screws in on the bottom of the tube. The core plugs into the bottom of the insert cap, the insert just transfers power from the cord to the top. It comes with persei and omicron tubes with the inserts already in so you can just put a top on it and use it. The core itself has a screen with +/- buttons to change the voltage. Also comes with a car adapter.

I hope that core description was clear, I'm sure not being familiar with any of the products makes it hard to visualize. Let me know if I missed any questions.

That was actually pretty good, thanks! :)

I'll keep eyes on that thread and post any further questions there since the box mod discussion also happens to be there. Thanks again!

toddious

About to take her for a test drive later!

This is gonna be my setup for shows I believe. :)

gxaNJyc.jpg

Update: Well this setup is pretty much a mini cannon! Big robust hits and big clouds from this single coil gen 3. Medicated nicely after 2 draws.

So you can put the Gen3 KISS carts onto the omicron lite and minicron lite batteries? I have an omicron lite and the cartridge has never worked very well. I wanted to buy a new one, and have seen these new Gen3 carts - but the website warns that they might not work with their older circuit boards.

This seems to be working for you? I'm assuming the Dual coil is too much for these smaller units ?

toddious,

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
Just saw and want to get that new dual ceramic, black, 510 KISS cart ti 2 gen 3

I think i will.

I just need a good box mod
What would you all suggest?? Something thats not too pricey

Or will that KISS cart work with my 510 ego v v3????
Because i tried using an older kiss cart with an adapter on my pen, but it wouldn't work at all :T

Last edited by a moderator:
DreamHaze,

toddious

So you can put the Gen3 KISS carts onto the omicron lite and minicron lite batteries? I have an omicron lite and the cartridge has never worked very well. I wanted to buy a new one, and have seen these new Gen3 carts - but the website warns that they might not work with their older circuit boards.

This seems to be working for you? I'm assuming the Dual coil is too much for these smaller units ?

To answer my own question - I spoke to W9 and they said that YES the Gen3 Single Coil should work on the Minicron. I have placed an order so I will verify next week when it arrives.

He said that the Dual Coil setup will only work on 7.4v batteries that are pretty strong - and really only recommend the 8 or the Persei. The Alpha Centauri is basically just a more versatile version of these same cartridges. It offers the ability to have a glass dome, metal casing, or bubbler (soon) - with choice of 3 cartridges (single coil, dual coil, or ceramic donut) all using the same system.

I'd love to get something bigger, but it's out of my price range for the moment. I'm excited to see how the new Gen3 carts work in my Minicron in the meantime. The last Gen2 KISS cart I got was a dud and never fired up very well.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician

You can put the newest Gen 3 KISS cartridges on the Omicron Lite, Minicron, Minicron Lite, and O-Phos, but we suggest using a single wick cartridge only. I have tested my dual coil KISS carts on my Minicron and while it does heat and produce vapor, it takes quite awhile to get heated up and doesn't have the same performance as the single coil. The smaller 14mm diamerter batteries of these units don't have the amperage discharge needed to heat the dual coil properly, compared to the physically larger 18mm batteries used inside the Persei, 8, and other vaporizers.

The Dual Coil KISS carts do work at 3.7V but require a Persei, 8, or other big-battery vaporizer.

I hope this clears up any confusion. And to @EpicNameGuy while the Persei thread is indeed the right place for questions about the Hercules and Persei or 8, it can be intimidating to someone just beginning to look at options. I would love the chance to help shorten your learning curve, if you ever care to speak with someone over the phone please feel free to call in to W9 Tech,

I am here to help out and chat vapes Monday through Friday

w9tech.com and 818-849-6133

Hope to hear from ya!

b0

Cloudy...
Hi guys, do you know of any european resellers? The shipping is crazy from US

b0,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Hi guys, do you know of any european resellers? The shipping is crazy from US
My apologies for not seeing this earlier, @b0 I missed the notification. Please shoot me a PM or open a support ticket, http://www.w9tech.com/vaporizer-contact-us/ click the green button and let me know the items you are looking for and where you are located. I'll do my best to find the closest retailers on your side of the Atlantic!

I filmed a short video to show our KISS Alpha Centauri cartridge with its included Dual Ti coil on our Minicron vaporizer, with the new Nibbler AC bubbler coming soon :)

b0

Cloudy...
My apologies for not seeing this earlier, @b0 I missed the notification. Please shoot me a PM or open a support ticket, http://www.w9tech.com/vaporizer-contact-us/ click the green button and let me know the items you are looking for and where you are located. I'll do my best to find the closest retailers on your side of the Atlantic!

I filmed a short video to show our KISS Alpha Centauri cartridge with its included Dual Ti coil on our Minicron vaporizer, with the new Nibbler AC bubbler coming soon :)

Done!

b0,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
If the Mods can change the threads name to Minicron, Minicron Lite and Ophos for the thread that be great.

Great things coming to us in the near future.

Whole new ball game after this.

Jman5280

Are there any cartridges from W9 that are not LAYG, and that would fit the Omicron-Lite?

I want to be able to load Co2 oil from the syringe into a tank, without having to fiddle with the KISS carts everytime I want a hit.

I was looking at the Kanger Pro Tank 2 and the Essential Oil Cartridges http://www.w9tech.com/essential-oil-vaporizer-cartridge/ on W9's site, but I can't find if either of these will fit my Omicron-Lite.

W9's website recommends both the Pro-Tank 2 and the Essential Oil Cartridge, but the post I read was from a few years back...is there anything new out I should check out?
http://www.w9tech.com/blog/essential-oil-and-hash-oil-vaporizer/

Jman5280,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
@Jman5280 both the Kanger Protank 2 and our Essential Oil cartridge are 601 mod threaded and will fit perfectly on your Omicron Lite. For use with very thin runny oil like is in a syringe I would suggest trying the Kanger Protank and for thicker oils or waxy extracts our Essential Oil cartridge would be a great conservative way to use those oils.

Jman5280

@Jman5280 both the Kanger Protank 2 and our Essential Oil cartridge are 601 mod threaded and will fit perfectly on your Omicron Lite. For use with very thin runny oil like is in a syringe I would suggest trying the Kanger Protank and for thicker oils or waxy extracts our Essential Oil cartridge would be a great conservative way to use those oils.

Thanks Sam! Usually the Co2 oil is somewhere in-between runny & thick, but I guess it's more on the thick side. Will the essential oil cart burn it at a slow rate? Does all the liquid sit on top of the coils?

I had a cart similar that looked to the essential oil, but since the bottom of the cart was one giant coil, it caused the liquid to burn up really fast. The 500mg pre-filled clearomizers from the dispensary lasted twice as long putting 500mg directly into one of those oil cartridges.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I have a full shopping cart on their site and I'm ready to check out. Are you saying I won't be able to complete my transaction or that they are selling products not manufactured by W9? Thanks!

you wont be able to complete your transaction.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
Will i be able to use the - Kiss Cartridge Grade 2 Titanium Gen 3 Black 510 - single coil work with my Ego V V3 510 threaded pen? Or will i need a mod? How about the dual coil? Very interested in getting some of these

DreamHaze,

thegoo

Will i be able to use the - Kiss Cartridge Grade 2 Titanium Gen 3 Black 510 - single coil work with my Ego V V3 510 threaded pen? Or will i need a mod? How about the dual coil? Very interested in getting some of these

You will be able to use the Gen 3 Kiss carts with your 510 ego threaded battery, but you must choose the 510 EGO option when purchasing.
Both the single and dual coils will work on your EGO battery, however, the dual coil is meant to be used at up to 7.4 and the Ego V v3 caps at 6.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
You will be able to use the Gen 3 Kiss carts with your 510 ego threaded battery, but you must choose the 510 EGO option when purchasing.
Both the single and dual coils will work on your EGO battery, however, the dual coil is meant to be used at up to 7.4 and the Ego V v3 caps at 6.

Actually dual coils can run between 3.7-7.4v so a 6v will do as well.

The main issue is the capability of the battery.

If your battery can drive .5-.6 ohm load then yes you can as long as you get the right threaded one for yours.

Top Bottom