Milaana 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkytofus

@soyumatic welcome friend! There are many opinions on which 18650 battery is best for the Milaana. But to be safe this is what Ryan, the creator, recommends on his website.

What kind of batteries are acceptable for use in the Milaana?

We have approved the LG, Samsung and Sony 18650 high drain lithium ion batterie ( 20A continuous current rating. Minimum voltsgr 2.5 V with a 4.20 V at full charge.

If you don’t know anything about 18650 batteries I would recommend a google search to learn about the safe handling of unregulated lithium ion batteries.

Sony vtc5a
Sony vtc6
Lg hg2

Best 3 from top to bottom imo

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@RastaBuddhaTao will there be any Milaana 2s or 3s listed for the 420 sale?

I was guessing no for the Mi3 since you're still waiting to get restocked.

Thanks as always for the great discounts!

bossman,
Reactions: GetLeft

rendawg90

Well I finally broke in the Mi3. This is my first unregulated vape. Watched a couple of vids on using it. I was worried about combusting. Used the basket screen and thankfully didn’t. I did have to stir between pulls. I didn’t have difficulty controlling the temp and had some really nice clouds. Overall I am thoroughly impressed. Happy 4/20!!!!

edit: Any tips on the screen? Basket screen kept falling out or moving around when stirring.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I wish the mouthpieces had a built in glass screen like the Arizer Go. Has anyone seen a mouthpiece like this that would fit?
I dislike the glass honeycomb screens because they clog too quickly and make the already bad draw resistance of Arizer portables worse. The basket screens paired with the XL8R cooling stems are the best combination I've found for easy maintenance and consistent performance. I pop the screen out and clean it with a torch occasionally just holding it with a pair of tweezers. Good for making stem milk too. I use almond milk so I add organic coconut oil to up the fat content and get the stems cleaner. That's what's separated out in the shotglass pic just FYI.
signal-2020-04-14-151636.jpg

signal-2020-04-14-165005.jpg

Resinrider

I've been using my Milaana 3 quite a bit and got to say it's a killer vape, I've been using the double screen method with the stems and couldn't be happier with the performance.

So you shove a screen up in the mouthpiece and use the basket screen as a retainer? Ill try that when I get my Mi3.:rockon: Cant wait to try this thing out !

Hey Bossman! Do you drink that? Man , I'de be scared to get too wasted! Haha!

Last edited by a moderator:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So you shove a screen up in the mouthpiece and use the basket screen as a retainer? Ill try that when I get my Mi3.:rockon: Cant wait to try this thing out !

Hey Bossman! Do you drink that? Man , I'de be scared to get too wasted! Haha!
Ha! Yeah, I generally start with a shot and adjust as needed. I don't fuck with edibles otherwise so this relatively simple approach works for me. And I don't eat sweets either really so it's not like I'm tempted to bake anything.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@bossman, thank you, this is a completely new concept for me. I'm not as excited about drinking the cleanings, but I'm really intrigued about cleaning with... almond milk and a little coconut oil. When you get a chance, can you please fill in some detail around this? Warm milk? Residue rises to the top? How much milk/how long to soak, etc. etc.
Fascinating.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@bossman, thank you, this is a completely new concept for me. I'm not as excited about drinking the cleanings, but I'm really intrigued about cleaning with... almond milk and a little coconut oil. When you get a chance, can you please fill in some detail around this? Warm milk? Residue rises to the top? How much milk/how long to soak, etc. etc.
Fascinating.
It actually makes cleaning a bit harder because the simmered almond milk seems to leave some residue on the inside of the stems. The coconut oil helps two ways really: it improves absorption of the thc etc (or at least my understanding was that fat was important with that) and it also gets the sticky reclaim off the stems more easily.

I put my honeyed stems in a small saucepan, pour just enough almond milk to cover them, and simmer until they're clean. This time I spooned just a bit of coconut oil into each stem and then put maybe a tablespoon extra for good measure.

Once the stem milk is done I just drink it in shots. Dosage is inconsistent. I'll generally make stem milk when I've filled my little squat mason jar with abv twice. Usually one shot is a fine time and two shots a heavy dose with a lot of stony euphoria in the middle and a lot of relaxation at the end.

I don't use different stems for stains or cbd so the experience varies.

After rinsing the stems I've had success cleaning them with Efferdent tablets. I'll sit themrright on the tablet in hot water so the bubbles go inside each stem.

Vapor Dude

Good day fellow Milaana 3 users. After a short time with 175/500 my excellent M3 unit button has died. You would think by 175 mark all the bad buttons were gone. During the mourning process I sent an email to ryan@rastabuddhatao.com on Apr 18, 2020, 1:49 PM and explained the button just stopped working with no reason and to send a replacement button. On Apr 19, 2020, 1:49 PM on Sunday he stated that "There is another failure that can cause loss of power. Please remove the thumb nut , washers, brass and washers and check to see that the threaded rod cannot be rotated freely clockwise." which is good advise but if you follow RBT you know that. it has an exceptional brass battery contact at the end as well as a long brass screw with a brass thumb screw and a stylish brass battery hatch . The brass thumb screw adds force and friction from the battery changes that puts stress on the long screw that can move and put it out of circuit. This primal circuit when completed has a weak link inherent in the design but I like the look of the vape. I replace the batterys gently.

Ryan if your out of replacement buttons simply take a minute and let me know. If not RastaBuddhaTao my friend, please provide a tracking number via my email and ship one Milaana 3 button. Order date: preorder 10/25/2019 Order#: 4417 please help me.

it has been said that the Milaana 3 is "the hottest Milaana" that has surpassed it predecessors. Could there be a new found issue due to the lower resistance threshold being enhanced? Operating the M3 there is a lot of on and off momentary button pressing involved. Is it possible that there is a voltage spike and the spark it generates causes damage to the button switch? The old circuit was made of the thumb screw, washers, brass battery hatch, stainless steal screw, and just had a basic metal battery contact. This configuration does not run with maximum efficiency or as hot. If so, do we need a 5A rated button for the M3 and not the old 2A button? What you folks think?

Last edited:

floribud

Sony vtc5a
Sony vtc6
Lg hg2

Best 3 from top to bottom imo

So did I just screw up? I ordered some VTC4 s. Will they work well? All Ryan says is rated for 20A or over and Sony.

But you recommend the VTC6 which are rated for only 15A continuous. Why do you recommend that when RBT says to only use batteries rated at 20A continuous?

floribud,

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
Good day fellow Milaana 3 users. After a short time with 175/500 my excellent M3 unit button has died. You would think by 175 mark all the bad buttons were gone. During the mourning process I sent an email to ryan@rastabuddhatao.com on Apr 18, 2020, 1:49 PM and explained the button just stopped working with no reason and to send a replacement button. On Apr 19, 2020, 1:49 PM on Sunday he stated that "There is another failure that can cause loss of power. Please remove the thumb nut , washers, brass and washers and check to see that the threaded rod cannot be rotated freely clockwise." which is good advise but if you follow RBT you know that. it has an exceptional brass battery contact at the end as well as a long brass screw with a brass thumb screw and a stylish brass battery hatch . The brass thumb screw adds force and friction from the battery changes that puts stress on the long screw that can move and put it out of circuit. This primal circuit when completed has a weak link inherent in the design but I like the look of the vape. I replace the batterys gently.

Ryan if your out of replacement buttons simply take a minute and let me know. If not RastaBuddhaTao my friend, please provide a tracking number via my email and ship one Milaana 3 button. Order date: preorder 10/25/2019 Order#: 4417 please help me.

it has been said that the Milaana 3 is "the hottest Milaana" that has surpassed it predecessors. Could there be a new found issue due to the lower resistance threshold being enhanced? Operating the M3 there is a lot of on and off momentary button pressing involved. Is it possible that there is a voltage spike and the spark it generates causes damage to the button switch? The old circuit was made of the thumb screw, washers, brass battery hatch, stainless steal screw, and just had a basic metal battery contact. This configuration does not run with maximum efficiency or as hot. If so, do we need a 5A rated button for the M3 and not the old 2A button? What you folks think?
Thank you for sharing info.
Ryan sent me replacement button but tracking stopped in the USPS system because I’m international user. (046/500 serial)
So then I purchased AC/DC 36v 2A momentary button as alternative.
I’ll check thumb screw, Washer issue when I got the button.

LabPong

So did I just screw up? I ordered some VTC4 s. Will they work well? All Ryan says is rated for 20A or over and Sony.

But you recommend the VTC6 which are rated for only 15A continuous. Why do you recommend that when RBT says to only use batteries rated at 20A continuous?

I would of gone with a VTC5A or VTC6.

The 6 = 15A Maximum Continuous, 30A Maximum Continuous with 80 deg C cutoff.

LabPong,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey folks happy 4/2020.... 30% discount store wide with the code thankscole now through 4/26

Replacement buttons have been tested to 30 Amps and are from a batch that has been used in Mi2 builds with no issue. There is video on the RBT YouTube showing the button replacement as well as two on fixing the loose battery hatch screw. If you are experiencing intermittent, low or loss of power in you Mi 3 please watch these videos along with the trouble shooting your Mi video.

We are expecting our next batch of Mi3 next week provided it's movement through customs does not get stalled out by FDA red tape this time but if it does paperwork is in order so it should be timely unlike the last time. It will take some time test the button and secure the screw so we should be shipping the balance of the pre-order in about 3-4 week. Once all Pre-Orders are complete and all field issues are resolved the remaining Mi3 will be listed in the www store.

Thanks to all that have supported the Mi3 pre-order as well as your patience as we get these launch issues under control!

Vapor Dude

Hey folks happy 4/2020.... 30% discount store wide with the code thankscole now through 4/26

Replacement buttons have been tested to 30 Amps and are from a batch that has been used in Mi2 builds with no issue. There is video on the RBT YouTube showing the button replacement as well as two on fixing the loose battery hatch screw. If you are experiencing intermittent, low or loss of power in you Mi 3 please watch these videos along with the trouble shooting your Mi video.

We are expecting our next batch of Mi3 next week provided it's movement through customs does not get stalled out by FDA red tape this time but if it does paperwork is in order so it should be timely unlike the last time. It will take some time test the button and secure the screw so we should be shipping the balance of the pre-order in about 3-4 week. Once all Pre-Orders are complete and all field issues are resolved the remaining Mi3 will be listed in the www store.

Thanks to all that have supported the Mi3 pre-order as well as your patience as we get these launch issues under control!
Please send me a Milaana 3 button replacement. I have sent many emails expressing the need and I am sure you saw my post. You answered my question about the rating on the M3 button. You are not stating that you are out of Milaana 3 warrenty replacement buttons. If so let me know. it is better then Cole's ignore the customer approach. I thought the days of Cole's flagrant disregard for customer support were over for me. Flat out no response from him. I blindly with no notification in Email found my M3 on my door step that could have been easily stolen. I am pleased to see you are filling pre-orders and are very busy helping customers. RBT products are excellent.

My Preorder 10/25/2019 Order#: 4417, I need a email with a provided tracking number and one Milaana 3 warranty replacement button shipped. Please preform customer service for a long time customer. I have a Splinter and Splinter Z with no issues and provide great results. When I saw the Milaana 3 Pre-order I jumped in and paid in advance, I trust your designs. Now It is not your fault but I have an expensive M3 paper weight. Since I believe in RBT my intentions are to purchase the new products like the Zip Zap, Zap cap and the desktop vaporizers. I hope I am buying products with good customer service and support in a timely fashion. Please restore the spirit in my Milaana 3.

Last edited:
Vapor Dude,

Vapor Dude

Thank you for sharing info.
Ryan sent me replacement button but tracking stopped in the USPS system because I’m international user. (046/500 serial)
So then I purchased AC/DC 36v 2A momentary button as alternative.
I’ll check thumb screw, Washer issue when I got the button.
Given the gap that occurs in information my last last international shipment
I understand what your going through.I called USPS and they said that It's in customs.
Some times days would go by or week or more. The tracking black outs
from China to the USA were really bad. Let us know how the temporary button works for ya.

.....Or replace the button with a potentiometer from an electric guitar , and a cool knob that goes to 11!!
Dude I must admit that made me laugh and helped during the mourning process of my Milaana 3's death. I already have the guitar pick why not vape it like a rock star. If it was able to be configured that way, it would work like a RBT splinter without the mod and only one air intake hole I would imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
Given the gap that occurs in information my last last international shipment
I understand what your going through.I called USPS and they said that It's in customs.
Some times days would go by or week or more. The tracking black outs
from China to the USA were really bad. Let us know how the temporary button works for ya.

RBT sent me 16th April,last tracking update is 19 April in Los Angeles.
Now tracking black out.
I understand this shipping impacts due to COVID19.
USPS tells me only tracking status and “items transit to your destination”.
I’m really anxious the replacement button will land here safely.

Yes, I will keep updated alternative button works or not.

But Ryan promised 100% fix these problems and he accepted about device send back for repair after COVID19 cleared.
I am appreciating about this to Ryan.

If alternative button didn’t work, I need to wait for COVID19 first.

akit4so,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom