Milaana 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor Dude

Greetings once again. This product is the best at what it does. My mouth pieces with deeper baskets and Dynavap fat end mouth tips added to makes it perfect I wanted to report my water pipe session with my Milaana 3 The button time was much longer then with the mouthpiece, 2 pulses of 8 seconds and 1 off and my MFB Orbiter glass water piece showed medium density. Taste was nice, cool and very tastefully satisfying. Inspecting my air intake with a poker I felt a small obstruction, possibly a wood particle which I carefully cleared. My vapor density production increased after. Since the heater is operating beyond original expectations with the brass screw, will increasing the air flow make more white vapor with less button time? I admire the purity and perfection in the M3's construction but the wonder if got me. Carb mod piece that adds a bigger hole like the splinter total volume size air intake and carb. I never used the wide open Milaana 1. Anyone out there that has the original, what are your thoughts. I am curious as to the vape life in the old days of Milaana and Zion.

Last edited:

M3 Element

The switch is a 12mm 2 post momentary 36v 2a dc .
Mine failed too, it's easy to fix.
I found a replacement on Amazon
Urtone ur123 stainless steel.
Never had any help from RBT.
Does it require a solder gun or any special tools or can any idiot with some basic tools sitting around fix it themselves?

M3 Element,
Reactions: rendawg90

Vapor Dude

Hello fellow Milaana 3 users. After my mouth piece mod I had thoughts as to how to make dreamy white vapor clouds fast. Before the Milaana 3 I used my Splinter Z for taste, Splinter for speed of hit that fills my water pieces with white clouds with ease. My mouth piece usage was minimal because of the hot, low taste quality and was very dry for me. So now I have an on demand vaporizer with an un regulated Splinter heat core that has a more optimized higher heat level with more air restriction. Works well with standard short MP alone which I had never enjoyed before. Can I make my hit better? Less air moving slower through the unit air intake makes it harder to get more dense clouds. I put a drop of E juice on a 3/4 lose packed deeper screen. I mixed it a bit with a bowl tool and placed glass MP in the M3 and did a 8 second press on button and hit it slow then off and after 2 seconds quickly added another pulse of power till I puffed it up to a white flood in the provided glass MP of vapor. It was cooler tasting and then formed into a flow of tasty and dense clouds that were very satisfying. When you see white go off button and enjoy. No hot spot and juice seems to wake up dry low vapor bowels. I use the MP3 on its side. No evidence of residue. The bowel vapes greener for longer with less stirring. I rotate the MP after a few hits. Just as a matter of interest my glass water tools fill with denser vapor with my M3 faster and have more predictable results as well.

Last edited:
Vapor Dude,

NitroRIP

Greetings all. Anyone that sent me an email to request a button should have tracking for one on the way or an address to send it in to have it replaced. Sorry for this little launch bugger and thanks to all that have helped by changing out the replacement button.

The issue has been discussed with the factory and it was decided to ship the next batch of Mi3 since they are all ready. Once they arrive stress test will be done to test 100% of the buttons. Any with an issue will be replaced prior to sending out the batch. This will add some time to the process but it is required to ensure that folks receive the best quality possible. It will not be foolproof but should catch 97% of the bad eggs.

All new units will come with the brass (hot screw) installed. The hot screw might be the thing that pushed a small % of the buttons to failure (approx 5% to date)? In the box will also be the stainless steel screw that can be swapped out to shift the temperature curve down. Not that the shift down is a result of heat some added heat loss in the SS screw so it will make the unit slightly less efficient. It is possible that a standard plated carbon steel screw would add a third "temperature screw" for a mid temperature experience so it is at least worth looking at the resistance spread and see where it lies. A neat little extra value in the Mi3 that resulted from overcoming a problem in spades.

The thicker glass seems to be doing the trick along with refined manufacturing techniques. Once these few wrinkles are ironed out the Mi3 looks to be a solid little humble manual vape. Wonder what wood would be good for the next run ;)

As always, if there is anything I can do for you just email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com

G'day Ryan,

Punter from Tasmania, Australia still waiting on delivery. Ordered and paid for on 18/08/19 via PayPal. Figured I've been pretty patient so far, chiming in now in case you have lost track of my order. Cheers.

Dreuft

G'day Ryan,

Punter from Tasmania, Australia still waiting on delivery. Ordered and paid for on 18/08/19 via PayPal. Figured I've been pretty patient so far, chiming in now in case you have lost track of my order. Cheers.
Yeah same here, paid the 24/08/19 via PayPal for France and still waiting... I think I've been pretty patient too...

androponic

vaped.
@NitroRIP and @Dreuft
Yeah same here, paid the 24/08/19 via PayPal for France and still waiting... I think I've been pretty patient too...
one of mine was a paypal order from 8/16/2020 and i just received it a few days ago and cole sent it before the move of inventory back to ryan. i am sure as soon as he has the stock back in his hands he will take care of you guys. i have emailed him and he responds asap now that he is in charge of customer service once again. if you havent then email him at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com and im sure he will get you both sorted out.

Anyone able to get that hex nut off that's holding the button? Ryan sent me a new button, but this is the only thing holding me back.

alleyhoops,

Resinrider

I would think a box end wrench will do the trick. There's a good full tear down video. I
renderTimingPixel.png
f you Google " Milaana 3 full tear down and reassembly!" Looks like there's enough room to get a small wrench in there.

Resinrider,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer

@kurt6652 You get your replacement button ok?

@M3 Element ... great screen name :) No real special tools are needed but the tips and link below could help. If I can help in anyway please email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com

Here is the link to the video of the tear down. Will have a fix vid up later next week.

Yeh, the hex nut can be a bugger @alleyhoops ... a jar gipper on the button helps. Big needle nose pliers can also be used to get in there. You can send it in and we can take care of it for you as well. Just email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com and I will be happy to help.

@NitroRIP an @Dreuft my apologies for the delay as it has been difficult with Cole Transitioning out of RBT as of late and there are many Customer Service issues being addressed. The delay on the PayPal International orders has been the biggest mess of all as you all did not receive the latest newsletter update that went to customers of the www store. I have just sent an email to those who I believe are waiting on a Mi3 purchased via PayPal with an update. If you did not receive it please email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com

100% of my time has and will be getting everyone taken care of even ahead of sales as the www is closed until things are back under control.

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
Hello everyone.
Sorry my English. Nice to meet you.
I got same button error. Button won’t back again. (Unit serial is 46/500)
I sent an email to Ryan about this issue with a picture.

I’m waiting their reply....:doh:

Trackrat

Hello everyone.
Sorry my English. Nice to meet you.
I got same button error. Button won’t back again. (Unit serial is 46/500)
I sent an email to Ryan about this issue with a picture.

I’m waiting their reply....:doh:
Customer service at RBT has been outstanding didn't take long for me to get ahold of him and have him send me another button

Resinrider

I was searching around for replacement buttons online (even though I dont have my Mi3 yet). I did find a brass colored button, but it was not available to send to Canada so I gave up on it , but a brass button would be sweet to match the rest of the brass.

Trackrat

I was searching around for replacement buttons online (even though I dont have my Mi3 yet). I did find a brass colored button, but it was not available to send to Canada so I gave up on it , but a brass button would be sweet to match the rest of the brass.
I was looking for buttons when mine quit working found them on Amazon

Trackrat,

Eskcharls

Grenn Dever
got that one from a electronic store I was looking for the same model, that one in the pic was all they had in 12mm at the moment. the button is actually kinda of small for me :rofl:, but for a temporary fix does the work , and looks nice with the button not sticking out:shrug:

Trackrat

got that one from a electronic store I was looking for the same model, that one in the pic was all they had in 12mm at the moment. the button is actually kinda of small for me :rofl:, but for a temporary fix does the work , and looks nice with the button not sticking out:shrug:
I like the button you have on there now. One of a kind custom.

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
Customer service at RBT has been outstanding didn't take long for me to get ahold of him and have him send me another button
I got a reply. I hope get replacement button soon. But I’m international user. I should wait for least 7days over.

@RastaBuddhaTao
Hello. Ryan.
Sore for hard to see pics.
The screw fell out from my unit.
Is this safe?
Probably it’s under battery contact.
https://imgur.com/a/tJrIpVF

akit4so,

david8613

Can you post link?

david8613,

kurt6652

thank you, Ryan for the switches and extra stuff. Really like the mi3 awesome vape@kurt6652 You get your replacement button ok?

@M3 Element ... great screen name :) No real special tools are needed but the tips and link below could help. If I can help in anyway please email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com

Here is the link to the video of the tear down. Will have a fix vid up later next week.

Yeh, the hex nut can be a bugger @alleyhoops ... a jar gipper on the button helps. Big needle nose pliers can also be used to get in there. You can send it in and we can take care of it for you as well. Just email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com and I will be happy to help.

@NitroRIP an @Dreuft my apologies for the delay as it has been difficult with Cole Transitioning out of RBT as of late and there are many Customer Service issues being addressed. The delay on the PayPal International orders has been the biggest mess of all as you all did not receive the latest newsletter update that went to customers of the www store. I have just sent an email to those who I believe are waiting on a Mi3 purchased via PayPal with an update. If you did not receive it please email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com

100% of my time has and will be getting everyone taken care of even ahead of sales as the www is closed until things are back under control.

kurt6652,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey folks... please email ryan@rastabuddhatao.com for all customer service related issues. RBT will post global updates here to keep people up to date on latest but will refrain from addressing any specific CS related matters here. This ensures a effecient and organized system to provide RBT customers timely and accurate care. We have a Customer Care Log that every email is entered into to ensure we don't let any issues fall through the cracks.

The remaining Mi3 units with Cole are in the mail and should be in hand early next week. There are about 50 units that will fill the PayPal orders as well as complete a few more www orders putting us past the current 10/31/2019 date that we have currently filled orders through. The next shipment of Mi3 are on there way but the shipping cost in now high and the speed slow... so they should land in 2-3 weeks tops provided no FDA stop... fingers crossed. This will allow us to complete the remaining pre-order backlog ... Heck Yeh! Once we are fully caught up and button situation is under control we will then list the remaining units for sale.

The first button failure was tested and the failure seems intermittent and is, in this one case, seems speed of depression dependent... Link to failure investigation below. The video for the button replacement in being uploaded now so look for that on the RBT LubeTube soon....

RBT has a batch of buttons in-hand that do not exhibit this defect so we have a validated solution to get folks back into a reliable Mi3 quickly. Please email ryan@rastabuddhatao.com to either receive a replacement button or to have your unit sent in to be repaired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom