Milaana 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Panic is not what anyone of us is doing, it is expecting a 420 company to operate by the same principles, we as consumers expect from any other legitimate company from whom we would buy products.
Maybe not panic, but maybe acting on a lot of speculation and expectations. I think one mistaken assumption is to think that dealings with this one man show is somehow going to be the same as buying from the GAP. We have seen enough over the years to have known all of this before the pre-order.
I do happen to agree that more communications would be better, but I'm dealing with just the things I know from fc and updates. An offer was made at a discount I liked, on a 3rd generation product that folks have loved, so I ordered one.
December came and we got a flaky excuse of resistance problems with the heater that required retooling of connection screw. I guess we were supposed to think a commonly manufactured screw needed to be custom-made and would require an additional 2 weeks. No problem, we can all underestimate how much time we need to complete a job, but the explanation was a bit concerning since it sounded like an excuse instead of being transparent. Well the 2 weeks came and went
There have been 2 delay announcements, one came in Dec just before final production and packaging. Something about that screw had to be either made or customized, requiring 2 weeks PLUS another 2 weeks for packaging and shipping, so February projection. I didn't think the screw issue was flaky nor super important. That seemed to track well and they apparently shipped and came to US.
We didn't need further update until next snafu with customs over paperwork. Is this really so unbelievable? I'm still expecting to have a Mi3 really soon.

I do agree that problems with refunds has not been very elegant at all. Exacerbated by a rush to the exits it takes on larger proportions. I think that when someone this small offers a product early, it should be acknowledged and stipulated by the seller that this is a purely speculative venture; that money could be lost in this investment. This would have spelled things out much better and is a better look than angry customers not getting satisfaction (timely refunds).

vapviking,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

papa_ent

I have a Mi2 that I kinda love and the price was right on M3 so I jumped in months ago. I have multiple vapes so for me this is just a mild annoyance at not getting to try the new one yet. To be honest I have bought more than I need so this delay isnt the worst thing for me. If the product is exceptional, I dont care about the artisanal or anything like that, then I will consider RBT again in the future. Having said that, a delay into March just might be a bridge too far given the lead time.

Baron23

This is not accurate: most of recents RBT products, including milana3, are made in in China

:2c:
Yep, I actually know that....but it seems to me that often the defense of Ryan's business practices is predicated on him being a "one man shop, hand crafted, and artisanal".

I still don't do Ryan....just seems like the same three ring circus time after time.

Cheers

Last edited:
Baron23,
Reactions: rosedale

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Dreuft

Thanks for that link!

Here's what the operative part said:
"MILAANA3 UPDATE: Shipping issues have been resolved. Estimated delivery to RBT 2/20. Orders made in 2019 should be sent by 3/1. Remaining orders by 3/21. Thanks for your patience. Prayers of good health for RBT team China !!!"

OMG I can't believe it!! I wonder how long will it take to arrive in France

Dreuft,

david8613

I wanted to order a milaana 3, are we still on track? What's the difference between milaana 2 vs milaana 3 besides aesthetics? Is the heater different or better than the other?

david8613,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I wanted to order a milaana 3, are we still on track? What's the difference between milaana 2 vs milaana 3 besides aesthetics? Is the heater different or better than the other?

I already explained heater is not different, but the whole build is different so no one can say if it might result in a different user experience compared to the 2, but I would presume not... The Mi2 is already an evolved Milaana, Mi3 just streamlines the build process basically with some slight differences... Performance wise you should really not be missing anything by grabbing the Milaana II right now, and per the above post with more details, a new Milaana 3 order will not ship until later in March...

Shit Snacks,

jbm

What deal? Their website still lists them at $250...
Everything on the site is 30% off with the code “jahbless.” So that’d be $175 for an Mi2, which is a pretty good deal. If you do Ryan, that is.

jbm,
Reactions: AJS

LabPong

Remember when the MV1 was only $125 with a fast charger and other goodies? Now they're back to $225 by themselves.

True JC...but the Mi2 sale had a glitch and they did not setup the site to work with the code correct at first...so the $135 price was a mistake...not an intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom