NFC Meet the Admins on Zoom, May 25, at 7 PM GMT/3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I caught it briefly, but had to run out the door. How was the audio for everyone? That bird sound was buzzy but annoying after a while.

Headphone/earbuds help stop echos and ghost sounds, and generally improve the audio for everyone.

Was cool to put faces to some names, will there be more FC zoom events in the future?
Would be awesome.

What about a zoom thread where members can post a zoom link and have a "catch up" with anyone who wants to join?

Really enjoyed the FC zoom event, even though I couldn't stay long. :peace:

That is one of the things we created this section for. Anyone can announce a Zoom session.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Loved it though my internet went to s$&t. I was disappointed to show up late and have to leave early. Sorry for all the birds noises. It was a beautiful day here and the wildlife goes crazy. I would definitely like to have more discussions like that. Count me in for future discussions.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
During the session the subject of EXIF data on attachments came up, and I did a quick check to see if it was stripped. The files I looked at did not have any, but I have now determined that Xenforo does not automatically remove identifying data from uploaded pictures. I have therefore installed an add-on that does this. Future attachments will have any identifying metadata removed, but those already added still could have such data.

vapirtoo

Really enjoyed seeing and speaking to everyone!
Seemed we were all a bit shy at first, but then we
fell back into our old texting ways.
What was really cool was that everyone listened and did not cut people off too much.
Looking forward to the next one!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I caught it briefly, but had to run out the door. How was the audio for everyone? That bird sound was buzzy but annoying after a while.

Headphone/earbuds help stop echos and ghost sounds, and generally improve the audio for everyone.

Was cool to put faces to some names, will there be more FC zoom events in the future?
Would be awesome.

What about a zoom thread where members can post a zoom link and have a "catch up" with anyone who wants to join?

Really enjoyed the FC zoom event, even though I couldn't stay long. :peace:
It was fine :) ! I think it was @The_Stray_Fox that was outdoors ,i didnt find the birds that annoying cause it is what i hear all day now.. The Audio was good,pakalolo had the best audio/picture quality,while Stu was a bit flaky,like from an old anthena TV,but audio was still decent enough :).
-------------
haha just noticed that Stu has uploaded a recording ,gonna catch up cause i came in 15 minutes late,since i was trying to figure out what is the password,for the record i saw it at the end link url and entered it manually..
@TommyDee Actually you dont have to install anything you just decline the download and refresh.
1590478785188.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Abysmal Vapor

@TommyDee I will do fine without tagging ,cause i watch all the threads i post 🕵️‍♂️ . But yeah i agree with you,Zoom is not my thing either, i dont even have microphone and camera drivers.I just thought it was a cool oportunity to see the faces behind the names,so i took the chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abysmal Vapor

@TommyDee Yes you could block both your camera and microphone from menu if you want to,there is also a chat,but you have the option just to spectate.. I gotta admit that if knew it is going to be recorded i would probably waited till it is uploaded ,i like to be in control of the flow of information i am receiving,it is way more relaxed hitting the pause if you have to put your attention elsewhere. Loading the TinyMight and gonna rewatch it now !Cheers !
:peace:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Dang! Definitely need to brush up on zoom etiquette. Tweet tweet. I’m such a noob y’all. Tweet tweet tweet.

For the future ,since I’m normally outside, do I mute myself or something? What’s the proper procedure?

The Stray Fox,

Abysmal Vapor

During the session the subject of EXIF data on attachments came up, and I did a quick check to see if it was stripped. The files I looked at did not have any, but I have now determined that Xenforo does not automatically remove identifying data from uploaded pictures. I have therefore installed an add-on that does this. Future attachments will have any identifying metadata removed, but those already added still could have such data.
That is great ! I am using FastStone that has the option to remove metadata,before that i used the one recommended on old FC. I guess i should stop bothering now ?

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Dang! Definitely need to brush up on zoom etiquette. Tweet tweet. I’m such a noob y’all. Tweet tweet tweet.

For the future ,since I’m normally outside, do I mute myself or something? What’s the proper procedure?

Didn't mean any disrespect regarding the bird sound comment. I enjoy listeng to bird call/song.
I just noticed it on the zoom sesh and it stood out to me.

I only mentioned the headphone thing because it can help stop a feed back loop being formed between the mic and speakers in some situations.

Some-new-user

Yes would definitely join in again. @The Stray Fox I thought you were spamming with a soundboard at first but then I saw where you were :ove: beautiful vape spot.
Very good to put faces to names-names to faces. I've only used zoom 3 times, this and two others it doesn't like my internet connection at all. I'm due to move in a few months, it should make things easier for me to join with audio and video then.

1nd3cEnt

What does it mean? That I can post pics anonymously?

EXIF (Exchangeable Image File) data is metadata embedded in all photographs taken by digital cameras, tablets, etc. It includes very helpful information about shutter speed, F length, etc., but importantly for security purposes, date, time, & location based on GPS coordinates. But this information is also publically available if you upload your photos to a public space.

If you take a photo at your home, then your home's GPS location will be available to anyone who wishes to know where you live in your photo's EXIF data, which is probably not a welcome outcome. So stripping out that EXIF metadata will make your digital photos anonymous. Before uploading your digital photos, you should always review your photo's metadata using a EXIF data viewer to see that the available metadata info is not compromising.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

So now I'd be safe putting up those nude pics of my sister-in-law? :D

I really enjoyed Zoomin with you guys. I've attended a virtual cocktail party and a birthday party but this was my first virtual vape site session and hopefully not the last.

Thanks for putting up the video. Something must be wrong with the video though.....for some reason the video caused my eyes to become red and squinty the longer it went on :lol:

Top Bottom