medical patient in need FC's help sorting out stationary vape dilemma

J G

I rely on a vaporizer to treat my illness, and up until today I had been using a classic volcano, however last night the 'air' switch began malfunctioning. This all occurred during normal use. That is, I had switched the air on to fill a bag and it did not turn on despite it being switched on (and the 'air' light was NOT on) and the bag wouldn't inflate. I managed to get it back into the up position and it has sat like that and is now not going down (on) as easy and usually doesnt light up until you wiggle it.
I am now facing a dilemma. I know I will have to send this off to S&B, however I am worried what I will use instead. I have seriously thought about buying a digital volcano and just going on as things were, but I have also looked at the 'oracle' and the 'xhale cloud' both of which I am unable to locate. So provided that I need a unit that is going to do the job, can you folks offer me any recomendations because I will be ordering ASAP, prob as soon as 12h after this post. thanks

J G,

hoptimum

I rely on cannabis to treat my illness, and up until today I had been using a classic volcano, however last night the 'air' switch began malfunctioning. This all occurred during normal use. That is, I had switched the air on to fill a bag and it did not turn on despite it being switched on (and the 'air' light was NOT on) and the bag wouldn't inflate. I managed to get it back into the up position and it has since sat untouched. I am now facing a dilemma. I know I will have to send this off to S&B, however I am worried what I will use instead. I have seriously thought about buying a digital volcano and just going on as things were, but I have also looked at the 'oracle' and the 'xhale cloud' both of which I am unable to locate. So provided that I need a unit that is going to do the job, can you folks offer me any recomendations because I will be ordering ASAP, prob as soon as 12h after this post. thanks

Storz and Bickel have great customer service and should have your V up and running in a couple of weeks. Are you sure you want to spend $600 on a Vapexhale cloud? There are less expensive alternatives.

hoptimum,

J G

"
Storz and Bickel have great customer service and should have your V up and running in a couple of weeks. Are you sure you want to spend $600 on a Vapexhale cloud? There are less expensive alternatives.
Solo, DBV, Extreme Q, Volcano Digit, MFLB, Iolite, Thermovape Revolution

"
I am extremely worried as I cannot find my receipt, I hope the retailer has my info! I cannot find the vape exhle, if i could find it i'd order over digit. What are the alternatives? I am really leaning towards buying a digit, however this is causing me alot of stress

I have a solo, it is insufficient. it doesnt work well enough at all, maybe i need a new screen and lower expectations (however i need to be able to actually inhale, and not like puff as with solo). havnt tried da buddha but dont like the idea of the plastic tubing, the exttreme q is what i would really like to buy (bc it would leave me money for meds) however i am worried that the glass bowls will get too hot to reload bows after one being done as with volcano. I want the digit but price is prohibitive. The iolite and mflb are small and the iolite uses butane, and I would get a thermovape however I hear that their company has closed or something, i need to figure something out asap as i am already having serious medical problems that are helped but unfortunately I cannot adequately administer my meds. Thanks

J G,

JCat

Accessory Maker
MiniVAP is a viable alternative to the Cloud in my experience (similar to you my Solo leaves me wanting more ...)

There are other viable alternatives but if you're considering buying a Digital Volcano, then I would get a MiniVAP instead for that type of money (you won't regret it)

J G

Thanks so much jcat! im looking at these miniVAP now, i am just worried that it will be more like the solo and less like the volcano because i seriously need effective delivery. the issue is now how to get one, i am in canada. Howabout the plenty?

J G,

lost nebula

Always Vaping
keep your volcano and get it fixed. My classic failed out of warranty and they only charged me $90 to bring my cano back in perfect working order, they even polished the aluminum cover for me so it looks new again.

What to use in the meantime.....maybe combustion :bang:

lost nebula,

hoptimum

I had extensive repairs done on my Volcano Digit. I bought it used and it was well trashed inside. I took it to the Storz & Bickel service center in Oakland CA and they entirely refurbished it so it runs like new for $160. I very strongly doubt your Volcano is in worse shape than mine was and getting it repaired will probably cost less than mine. No receipt necessary. Just call them and they'll work something out with you. If you need the best quality bag vape for medical reasons, nothing is going to beat a Volcano. Thermovape (Thermo Essence Technologies) didn't go out of business, they're just manufacturing the Cera now. If you can handle concentrates, it's an excellent vaporizer for that.

hoptimum,
Hey JG - why not purchase The Plenty? The delivery is sensational. I'm using a Solo and The Plenty as my DDs. You mentioned the Solo was not good enough. I use mine for the daytime and went I really want the "full effect" I bring out the Plenty. That way you could have a nice whip style vape from S & G and also your balloon style Volcano once it is repaired.

Mr. Gweilo 420,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
the exttreme q is what i would really like to buy (bc it would leave me money for meds) however i am worried that the glass bowls will get too hot to reload bows after one being done as with volcano

The Extreme bowl does get hot but it is not hard to handle, and it comes with two so you can easily swap back and forth if you need to. I never found that necessary myself.

You might have trouble finding the "xhale cloud" because it is actually the Vapexhale Cloud. You can get the Cloud from vaporizers.ca which is the fastest option for you. I've gotten deliveries from them in two days (I'm in Mississauga). Thermovape hasn't closed down, they stopped selling all products except the Cera, but based on your post I don't think it's the device you need. If your budget includes the Cloud and the digital Volcano, and you need quick delivery of large hits, consider the Sublimator which will be available from planetvape.ca this week. The version I linked requires a bong, however.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If you want something that is considered to be super reliable and always ready for the medical user then look at the Silver Surfer. There are several units that have been on for years straight and they hit as hard as you want. Vitolo has a billion vapes and this is the one he has expressed feeling the most secure with. There are other vapes I would rather have as a recreational user, but if I had to have it for medicinal needs the surfer would be at or near the top of my list.

OF

Here's my two cents on the matter, consider the Herbal Aire. Solid unit that blows bags (should fix the draw problem?), uses a low cost external pump (easy, cheap repairs locally should a repeat of your experience happen). Simple to use, dial for temperature, switch for air (very much like Volcano in that respect) and very tough (glass filled nylon, should survive any reasonable drop or other abuse).

I forget what I paid for mine, but it was well under $200. Easy enough to find, both physically and information wise.

OF

Tweek

Vaporizers.ca is indeed a great option. I would still try and touch base with the store you purchased the Volcano from. They might be able to help you get that guy patched up. If you don't mind my asking, are you in Ontario?

Tweek,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Thanks so much jcat! im looking at these miniVAP now, i am just worried that it will be more like the solo and less like the volcano because i seriously need effective delivery. the issue is now how to get one, i am in canada. Howabout the plenty?

I have been using the volcano everyday for 5 years. When I got the minivap the volcan survived 4 months on my desk and now he is taking a load of dust in a corner of my room.

If you love your volcano you should have it repaired

Roger D,

J G

I am going to have the volcano repaired. In the mean while I bought an extreme q, that was very frustrating as one of te glass pieces broke in my hand before ever trying it with herbs, I have gone back to smoking bong however I am using much more medicine than I would be otherwise, and the flavour/aroma/taste and even effect are mute in light of bong tokes. I looked at te sublimator but I will wait until the technology is a little more tried tested and true. I am unsure whether vape xhale will suit my needs at the end of the day. I couldn't be more frustrated at the moment though! I have now essentially decided on the plenty however I am stuck with an extreme q that I hope to return/exchange +cash toward the plenty. All of this really sucks, I need to get things sorted out. I have a lot of shipping to do (volcano to Oakland and back to Canada) (shippinh to return eq then shipping to get the plenty) urghhhh I really wish all of this was available at the pharmacy like diabetes testers. What can I do? And I am going to. Have to go with the plenty over the miniVAP at this point, however I would love to find a Canadian retailer.

J G,

hoptimum

I am going to have the volcano repaired. In the mean while I bought an extreme q, that was very frustrating as one of te glass pieces broke in my hand before ever trying it with herbs, I have gone back to smoking bong however I am using much more medicine than I would be otherwise, and the flavour/aroma/taste and even effect are mute in light of bong tokes. I looked at te sublimator but I will wait until the technology is a little more tried tested and true. I am unsure whether vape xhale will suit my needs at the end of the day. I couldn't be more frustrated at the moment though! I have now essentially decided on the plenty however I am stuck with an extreme q that I hope to return/exchange +cash toward the plenty. All of this really sucks, I need to get things sorted out. I have a lot of shipping to do (volcano to Oakland and back to Canada) (shippinh to return eq then shipping to get the plenty) urghhhh I really wish all of this was available at the pharmacy like diabetes testers. What can I do? And I am going to. Have to go with the plenty over the miniVAP at this point, however I would love to find a Canadian retailer.

The Plenty is almost indestructable, with no glass pieces, but it can require lots of herb. The cloud might be too fragile for you.

hoptimum,

max

Out to lunch
Sorry you had breakage with the Extreme. The HA would have been a better choice, in retrospect. Same dual mode operation, but no glass to break. Personally, I wouldn't spend the $ on a Plenty. It's a good vape but really nothing special. You can get a Da Buddha for about half the price and it's as reliable a design as you'd want. The Vaporbrothers is another top rate afordable model that's been around forever, although I don't care for the whip angle on that model (you can always prop it up in the back or turn it upside down though).

Tweek

I agree with Max. Don't put your precious dollars into the plenty...I'm not trying to bash it or anything, but if you are a medical patient on a tight budget, there are more affordable options that are better at conserving.

The SSV & Da Buddha are great, as already mentioned. You could also still go for the HA if you are set on a bag vape. Vapolution is also a great choice at $100, but it is whip only I believe.

Tweek,

hoptimum

I'm thinking anything with glass might be problematic in this case. I don't want to pry or anything, but are you comfortable briefly describing your medical issues?

hoptimum,

J G

I couldn't agree more however I am seriously worried about the efficacy and potency of. Dabuddha and hh. I could go for either of those two. And yes I am completely unable to afford this, however it isn't an option at this point. I would be borrowing the money for the plenty ad I would also have to borrow money for meds. The biggest concern though is that what ever i get be quality and effective (I do not want another eq ordeal) it must medicate me comparae to the volcano. A family member offered to buy a digit volcano and I pay it back over the year but I cannot justify that the slightest bc my classic will be repaired. I really don't know what to do, I will be unthawing the edibles I had saved up to sleep the next few nights until its sorted out. Marihuana has helped me more than I can express and to not be able to take your medicine properly really doesn't help your symptoms. I would rather not spend te other 150-175 on the plenty I would like a cheaper one but am scared bc I don't want anymore fuckingaroud so maybe the money is worth it. However you slice it though the hh leaves me med money, but what ever I get cannot disappoint

J G,

Tweek

JG, do you have an email addy you don't mind sharing? Just a private one, no personal info attached. Feel free to PM me. I need to send something to you and can't send it here (you will see why)

Tweek,

J G

I medicate with cannabis to treat, seizures, muscle tremor, mood, hyperactivity /vigilance, insomnia, rage/frustration/anger, appetite, nausea/ vomiting, anxiety, bruxism/tmj, restlesslegs, dyskinesia, etc. and more generally to keep me off of prescription pills and to reduce and limit the amount of anticonvulsants. I'm trying to get things sorted out ASAP my health is being maintained barely (but enough) by my bong and solo, but I am using too much meds with the bong, the decision is between Either plenty dbv or hh, I'm leaning toward the plenty bc I am worried the others will not be at the same degree of quality and the last thing I want is another eq, I want my Volcano fixed. Which has me thinking that in the meanwhile I ought to buy the plenty bc I would be buying another volcano

J G,

z9

Have you considered the LSV? Granted the LSV isnt a forced air vaporizer and has glass parts, but it has almost zero restriction, is heavy hitting and can be had for $153 shipped from some websites. But its unstable and therefore more prone to breakage.

z9,

max

Out to lunch
I am seriously worried about the efficacy and potency of. Dabuddha and hh
It doesn't take a company like S&B to produce a quality vaporizer. Many people new to vapor gravitate to the Volcano as the best, but in reality, despite the high quality design and construction, it's an expensive one trick pony in today's market. No other company makes (or will make) a vape that only fills bags. The DBV and HA are both time tested designs. The DBV uses the same electronics and heating element that the SSV uses. I used both the SSV and HA for several years on a regular basis, and they're as good, quality wise, as any.

There's no magic or high tech to vapor potency. The vapor from a homemake light bulb vape can be as good as that produced by the most expensive models on the market. The trick is in doing it on a consistent basis. The Volcano doesn't deliver any better quality or bigger quantity of vapor than other models. The Vapolution, already mentioned, is a very simple and inexpensive design (which I also used as my main vape for a couple of years), but delivers vapor that's as good as produced by any other model, and with a 100% glass vapor path if used with the optional AIW bowl. If you want to stay away from glass there are still many high quality and affordable models to choose from. You just need to find one that suits you. They'll all deliver potent vapor.

J G

What is the max operating temp for the plenty is it higher than 215deg? Bc the temp only goes to that. 420f. I want the plenty bc no glass parts to break, I am going to the retailer in two days where I can choose. Is the glass part of the dbv very durable and when it breaks does it crack or shatter because I hate cleaning up broken glass.

J G,
Top Bottom