medical patient in need FC's help sorting out stationary vape dilemma

Hey J G - just one thing I wanted to let you know about the Plenty. It does use a considerable amount of herb so if you are on a tight budget this may be something for you to consider. To give you a more accurate picture I have been loading it with different amounts lately to compare. If I put say 0.3 - 0.4 in the chamber it works amazingly well. I only have access to average buds and I get great flavour, nice hits and big clouds. I always turn it up to 7 (max) to achieve this. Generally I find 7 to be the best setting but this may vary from user to user. However, the last few days I have been filling it with 0.2 and it does work really nicely as well. The vapour is not as dense and the hits are fewer but still very effective.

Honestly if I was hitting the Plenty all day everyday it would be too expensive. That is why I mix it up with the Solo. However, as you have stated your needs are quite specific.

Have you consider a log vape? I don't have one but from all reports they do deliver big hits at an extremely efficient rate.

Mr. Gweilo 420,

OF

I like te plenty because there is no glass to break

I don't know the Plenty, so have no opinion there, but want to be sure you understand that the HA has no glass (except the fiberglass reenforcing the nylon of the body). It is perhaps the toughest unit I own, I'd stack it up against my PD and T1 any day (both units famous for surviving an industrial clothes dryer ride and 'fetch' with the shop dog respectively). I suspect you could use the cord to crank it up for a run at a brick wall and the most you could do is scratch it up some. The material for the body is the stuff they sometimes make hammers out of the stuff. I can't imagine any dropping mishap phasing it, although it might spill the load if it was cold (the Teflon stem piece locks in when hot). I know I've used tripping over the cord as an excuse to send mine flying a time or two. Running it in the garden on an extension cord was a habit a while back you see......

It should also be fairly easy to sell it off and recover most of your money when you've got the Volcano up again should you decide to? Since the bud is held in a replaceable insert and the rest of the vapor path can be boiled clean (the unit itself makes hot air and doesn't get contaminated) it would be basically 'new' still even then.

Best wishes.

OF

max

Out to lunch
What is the max operating temp for the plenty is it higher than 215deg? Bc the temp only goes to that. 420f.
The high end, according to their manual, is just under 408 F, accounting for the 3% possible variation in temp. If you want a higher temp than that then you'll need to buy a different model.

Is the glass part of the dbv very durable and when it breaks does it crack or shatter because I hate cleaning up broken glass.
Since you seem opposed to glass just cross all the vapes that have it off your list. No vape makers I know of use safety glass.

max,
Reactions: OF

OF

Since you seem opposed to glass just cross all the vapes that have it off your list. No vape makers I know of use safety glass.

Agreed, even without cost considerations, one style of safety glass (tempered, like auto side windows) is worse for shatter resistance, the other (laminated, like on windshields) isn't up to the temperature needs in most cases and can't be made in other than basically flat sheets anyway.

Best way to deal with the issue is by avoiding it?

OF

OF,

J G

I have a pet dog who I love greatly and shutter at the thought of it ever stepping on broken glass, all of this is a symptom (anxiety/panic) which I use cannabis to combat. For this reason my aversion is to broken glass, particularly bottles, and the type of glass used in some devices including bongs, pipes and even vapes, EQ for instance. My bong however has (knock on wood) taken some tumbles on hard surfaces including concrete and is still in one piece. But this is not my first bong, I went through a plethora of bongs (all of which broke) before using te roor. But smoking exclusively does not suit my current needs. I have thought about it as I don't want to spend money however it is inevitable due to the specifics and urgency of my medical condition. A family member has very kindly offered to loan me the money for whatever unit I need to get me through the day, which up until now has been the classic, and i would repay over six months without interest. My family member is urging me to go for the digi because it is guaranteed to work as well if not better for me than the clasic and then I have two different devices, I am not sure about all this it makes me sick. If i have two volcanos i can only use one at a time, whereas the plenty can be left in the washroom or the kitchen etc (i guess volcano could too) however it is this and the lack of bags that makes the plenty appealing, but the low-ish temperature, the amount of meds required, the price considering the mysticism behind the plenty is imo ugly. The vapexhale cloud is too fragile, I have considered the DBV HH2.2, and even purchased the EQ, and I am left leaning toward storz and bickel. I am not sure which product, I will have to decide within 12 hours.

I don't really want to be in the hole for 700$, but I also do not want to be stuck with something that doesn't suit my needs. If anyone can say for sure that the plenty alows you to take a hit and inhale it and hold it deep within your lungs as I can with the volcano bags. That is the issue, and I use a perfedct amount at present (until the classic stopped) and I am leary that the plenty may increase the meds i use. Also the fact it does not heat to 230 as volcanno does turns me away. bc even the last bags help me

J G,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Two volcanos would be pretty wasteful. Too bad we're not neighborhood I would give you mine while you wait for your repair.

You don't have to stick to S&B products

Roger D,

J G

I only have so many options because it is an exchange (upgrade) i have to pick one they stock. Only ones that I am not leary about are the S&B products. my issue is that it might not get as hot and i need to get what comes from the high temps. I also am not well of and do not want to have to use more with the plenty, but i also dont want debt. i wish i could refund! anyways, the question is whether I should go with the plenty or a digi

J G,

goatgobaahh

Before you give up on the EQ be sure to give the EQ thread a through read through here. I have been using the EQ as a my daily driver for going on a year and a half. (I almost never use the bag)

A few quick tips I can give you to improve your usage are as follows.

Use the "elbow pack" method as it delivers more potent hits. Instead of loading your medicine in the cyclone bowl in the "elbow" (glass piece that has a removable screen in it) which is attached to the whip (the clear hose). Pack your medicine in the removable screenand place it back in the elbow. You will use about 0.2 and get pretty monstrous clouds at 200C+

-For flavor vape at about 148c-175c
-For heavy effects vape at 200c+ (if I want to get real messed up I'll vape at 210c+)
-Give it about 5-10 minutes to get your herbs at the right temp(from time of turning to unit on)
-For faster warm up crack it up to 230c right off the bat
- The whip(clear tubing) can be plugged right into a bong as long as it has a 14mm opening

I use my Steele Concept bong attached to the whip loaded with ice. This delivers cold smooth large thick clouds. (which is what I aim for)

I hope this helps your experience using a Eq. As I bought one and was disappointed as well. However once I read the EQ thread and switched to silicone tubing I cant say I'll ever get rid of it.

PS: I think if your getting a new vape look into the SSV or sublimator(which you already said you dont like)

Hope you feel better and get back to being healthy ASAP!

goatgobaahh,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I have a pet dog who I love greatly and shutter at the thought of it ever stepping on broken glass, all of this is a symptom (anxiety/panic) which I use cannabis to combat. For this reason my aversion is to broken glass, particularly bottles, and the type of glass used in some devices including bongs, pipes and even vapes, EQ for instance. My bong however has (knock on wood) taken some tumbles on hard surfaces including concrete and is still in one piece. But this is not my first bong, I went through a plethora of bongs (all of which broke) before using te roor. But smoking exclusively does not suit my current needs. I have thought about it as I don't want to spend money however it is inevitable due to the specifics and urgency of my medical condition. A family member has very kindly offered to loan me the money for whatever unit I need to get me through the day, which up until now has been the classic, and i would repay over six months without interest. My family member is urging me to go for the digi because it is guaranteed to work as well if not better for me than the clasic and then I have two different devices, I am not sure about all this it makes me sick. If i have two volcanos i can only use one at a time, whereas the plenty can be left in the washroom or the kitchen etc (i guess volcano could too) however it is this and the lack of bags that makes the plenty appealing, but the low-ish temperature, the amount of meds required, the price considering the mysticism behind the plenty is imo ugly. The vapexhale cloud is too fragile, I have considered the DBV HH2.2, and even purchased the EQ, and I am left leaning toward storz and bickel. I am not sure which product, I will have to decide within 12 hours.

I don't really want to be in the hole for 700$, but I also do not want to be stuck with something that doesn't suit my needs. If anyone can say for sure that the plenty alows you to take a hit and inhale it and hold it deep within your lungs as I can with the volcano bags. That is the issue, and I use a perfedct amount at present (until the classic stopped) and I am leary that the plenty may increase the meds i use. Also the fact it does not heat to 230 as volcanno does turns me away. bc even the last bags help me

I get the distinct impression that you have made your mind up and are just looking for reassurance, but I'll try one more time.

I think your best option is also your cheapest. Don't spend any money, follow goatgobaahh's advice and make the EQ work. It is a good device and it can do what you need. Failing that, don't buy a Plenty. If you have to borrow, the Plenty is way overspending. A blemished DBV is only $140 from 7th floor, or $160 for an unblemished one from vaporizers.ca.

J G

You are right i slept on it, I hate this and I do not want to borrow because that leaves me unable to afford 100$ of necessities in the coming six months. I am 80% sure I will keep the eq (because it goes to 260) and forget the exchange for another but will now try to hae the broken pieces replaced if not i might have to order more glass elbow and a bag kit. All of this is in hopeful anticipation that storz and Bickel will have my classic back in my hands as soon as possible. The situation sucks, I wish the glass didn't break!

J G,

hoptimum

You are right i slept on it, I hate this and I do not want to borrow because that leaves me unable to afford 100$ of necessities in the coming six months. I am 80% sure I will keep the eq (because it goes to 260) and forget the exchange for another but will now try to hae the broken pieces replaced if not i might have to order more glass elbow and a bag kit. All of this is in hopeful anticipation that storz and Bickel will have my classic back in my hands as soon as possible. The situation sucks, I wish the glass didn't break!

Have you heard back from S&b yet about your wounded Volcano? Maybe they will overnight it to you if you explain your situation

hoptimum,

J G

Great news! (Well decent) the online retailer I was able to give me a refund minus a restocking fee, and like taxes and shipping, this cost me 40$ plus transportation urgghhh, but regardless I am glad to have cut my losses. I have not spoken to s&b I Will compose an email this evening, and explain the important details of my situation. The worst part of all this is that I still have not sent my classic away, so hopefully I can get things going via email But I really should not have left this but my intention was to get a replacemt before sending off, but things have changed. So ya, I wish I never bought anything and just shipped last week

J G,

hoptimum

Great news! (Well decent) the online retailer I was able to give me a refund minus a restocking fee, and like taxes and shipping, this cost me 40$ plus transportation urgghhh, but regardless I am glad to have cut my losses. I have not spoken to s&b I Will compose an email this evening, and explain the important details of my situation. The worst part of all this is that I still have not sent my classic away, so hopefully I can get things going via email But I really should not have left this but my intention was to get a replacemt before sending off, but things have changed. So ya, I wish I never bought anything and just shipped last week

I've been to S&B service center in Oakland and they seemed very reasonable. I hope you get your Volcano there and back quickly. they are closed on weekends, i believe

hoptimum,
Top Bottom