Mail Order CBD

Alexis

Type I is high THC and low to no CBD, what you would buy in a dispensary.
II is 1:1 THC: CBD. Usually the THC is in the form of THCa. This is where the loophole comes in: the hemp regs require that hemp tests at below 0.3% delta9-THC, but doesn’t mention THCa. But pretty much all delta-9 THC naturally occurs in the form of THCa, even in type I. It converts to delta-9 THC when heated. Type II is similar to 70s-80s weed, before growers started selecting for higher levels of THC and little to no CBD.
Type III is little to no THC (a or otherwise) and high CBD.

I may have some of this wrong, please correct me if so.
I'm certain you will be way more informed about this than I, only thing- I thought type 2 wasn't exactly a 1:1 but a notable not quite near type 1, more CBD than THCa which yes is just uncarboxylated raw THC right? Lol

I'm not saying 1:1 type 2's don't exist, nor they be the origin, true type 2's I wouldn't know that.

But 7-10% CBD with 5% THCa for sure.

Alexis,

jbm

I'm certain you will be way more informed about this than I, only thing- I thought type 2 wasn't exactly a 1:1 but a notable not quite near type 1, more CBD than THCa which yes is just uncarboxylated raw THC right? Lol

I'm not saying 1:1 type 2's don't exist, nor they be the origin, true type 2's I wouldn't know that.

But 7-10% CBD with 5% THCa for sure.
Yeah, it’s probably not 1:1, more like more THCa than type 3, and less than type 1.

jbm,
Reactions: Alexis

vapirtoo

WNC CBD Blueberry #2
I've been vaping this THCa blend, and it seems that higher
temps than usual are needed to get that THC conversion.
My Vapbong usually runs kinda hot at 10.7, but with this blend
there was little obvious effect until 11.1, then oh I got high. IMHO

tokenknifeguy

Speaking of the 1:1 thc:cbd, does anyone know of any hemp that is at a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio of THCa:CBD? Basically I'm wondering what the best ratio is for a high tolerance type 1 user. I don't get anxiety or paranoia from weed, even the strongest sativas. I've always heard the old school users speak of the weed back in the 70's and stuff being not as strong but more of a happy giggly type of high. My thinking was that the majority of weed back then weren't breed for high THC like many be do now, but the weed was more balanced overall with all the other cannabinoids. I guess I'm looking for weed like that to try and test out. Any boomers out there find any strains that has that old school feel to it?

cvs8floz

Speaking of the 1:1 thc:cbd, does anyone know of any hemp that is at a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio of THCa:CBD? Basically I'm wondering what the best ratio is for a high tolerance type 1 user. I don't get anxiety or paranoia from weed, even the strongest sativas. I've always heard the old school users speak of the weed back in the 70's and stuff being not as strong but more of a happy giggly type of high. My thinking was that the majority of weed back then weren't breed for high THC like many be do now, but the weed was more balanced overall with all the other cannabinoids. I guess I'm looking for weed like that to try and test out. Any boomers out there find any strains that has that old school feel to it?
There are plenty of 1:1 and some 2:1 THC:CBD strains out there, my favorites are from Philosopher Seeds and Pyramid Seeds, Sensi also has the Afghan Pearl CBD that is awesome. These strains give you a pleasant high and make your body feel good, I also find they have a much nicer smell and taste compared to high THC strains which are typically more danker.

tokenknifeguy

Only you can figure this out. It's a highly subjective and personal thing. You have some exploring to do and your best bet is to grab a stash of type 1 Mary Jane and a stash of type 3 CBD hemp and start blending.
No doubt everyone is different, but just looking for starting points from those who have been in the game longer. I got a high tolerance to thc so I'm wondering if a more balanced strain would produce better effects, even though it has less thc. I'm sure it would, and would be closer to the old school strains I would imagine. I'd also rather find strains with those ratios already, instead of mixing 2 or more to get the ratio. Get two birds with one stone type deal.

I got some coming in today hopefully that is 1:1 thc to cbd, my first go at it. I got another strain that is high in cbdv and another in cbg. Those two are types 2 (very low thc) or 3's. What a time to be alive in these infant years of regulated cannabis. I love being able to see the COA and all the different %s of cannabinoids and terpenes. Essentially you can pinpoint down the certain things you like and go after only those strains with them. I love it!

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Do you guys find CBD helps with insomnia? I know I don't sleep too good with THC and I've tried all kinds of different sleeping aids except for CBD. I would love to hear your guys's opinion I'm sick and tired of being plagued by waking up every hour throughout the night

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Do you guys find CBD helps with insomnia? I know I don't sleep too good with THC and I've tried all kinds of different sleeping aids except for CBD. I would love to hear your guys's opinion I'm sick and tired of being plagued by waking up every hour throughout the night
Yes. Although I find it works best for me as a tincture before bed. I also have a strict sleep routine.

Mindfulness practice also helped me. I had awful sleep for my entire life before I started my current process about 5 years ago. I also basically stopped drinking alcohol at about the same time.

tokenknifeguy

You ever try CBN? I see a lot of sleeping gummies will be CBD and CBN. CBN is supposed to be even better than CBD for sleep supposedly. Also you ever try and THC gummies? I find edibles can help aid in sleep if you make them strong enough.

tokenknifeguy,

RxPlorer

You ever try CBN? I see a lot of sleeping gummies will be CBD and CBN. CBN is supposed to be even better than CBD for sleep supposedly. Also you ever try and THC gummies? I find edibles can help aid in sleep if you make them strong enough.
For me I haven't found CBD to be effective for sleep unless it's inflammation-related pain that is causing the sleep loss. CBG is energizing for me - also not conducive for sleep. THC tends to only be effective for sleep in very low ratios. CBN on the other hand - super effective. Best combination is 2:2:1 CBD CBN THC.

Back on thread - Hoku continues to rock. So blessed to be on the member list despite hardly being able to keep up with the smallest tier!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yeah. I probably evangelize it too much, but I feel like Hoku is the only "hemp" I want to buy now. And it pairs nicely with high end cannabis from the local shops.

Curious if you ever tried Jaxon, it was recommended by a veteran forum member, and since it’s all I’ve tried I have nothing to compare to. I would think this Oregon grower may be similar to others in the region. They supply far TOO many pages of test data, which I suppose is good, but I’ve had a great customer service experience with them. Never had an order issue, but some product questions, and spoke on the phone with a knowledgeable person. They seem to have a lot of product choices, and in limited comparisons to some of the others I looked at originally, mentioned in this thread, the prices seemed quite reasonable if not LOW.

Maybe you’ve already tried them?

RxPlorer

Yeah. I probably evangelize it too much, but I feel like Hoku is the only "hemp" I want to buy now. And it pairs nicely with high end cannabis from the local shops.
Yeah ha I've sort of got nothing else to contribute at this point as it seems to be my unintentional hemp endgame. Still love the thread though!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Curious if you ever tried Jaxon, it was recommended by a veteran forum member, and since it’s all I’ve tried I have nothing to compare to. I would think this Oregon grower may be similar to others in the region. They supply far TOO many pages of test data, which I suppose is good, but I’ve had a great customer service experience with them. Never had an order issue, but some product questions, and spoke on the phone with a knowledgeable person. They seem to have a lot of product choices, and in limited comparisons to some of the others I looked at originally, mentioned in this thread, the prices seemed quite reasonable if not LOW.

I haven't tried Jaxon, but I probably should. I tried WNC, which I liked. Arrowleaf, which I didn't like as much. And Organic CBD Nugs, which varied wildly in cure and quality.

Hoku feels pretty unlike all of those. The flower is all excellent but he leaves it mostly untrimmed now so it has the sugar leaf around it. He used to hand trim it but now he doesn't. Mostly the whole flower operation seems like it exists to support his breeding and genetic preservation experiments. So I think that makes for a very different experience than at the dispensary but it is one that I want.

Silenced008

Where's it from?
Lemon octane from wnc! Been trying out some new strains but actually planning on getting a half of suver and lifter next as I really loved em both 2019-2020. Cbd has been helping me with some deep wound healing as of late. Good for fighting off the infections as well. Really medicinal stuff!

jbm

Back on thread - Hoku continues to rock. So blessed to be on the member list despite hardly being able to keep up with the smallest tier!
Likewise. I’ve stopped buying from the member drops because I’m building up quite the backlog of master mixes. He has such good stuff though.

seedy53

prices are to high. holy city is more reasonable, like half price

seedy53,
Top Bottom