• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Magma and Obsidian Volcano Bubblers

Cereal4dinner

Here ya go:

I get it man it's your baby and your going to defend it message for message. That 5 second video didn't show real life whip use and you know it. Try passing that whip around or movie it, you just set it up and gingerly vaped off screen.

I was being nice before but now Im pretty done with this convo.

Obsidian is excellent for bag use and absolute garbage for whip use

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
I get it man it's your baby and your going to defend it message for message. That 5 second video didn't show real life whip use and you know it. Try passing that whip around or movie it, you just set it up and gingerly vaped off screen.

I was being nice before but now Im pretty done with this convo.

Obsidian is excellent for bag use and absolute garbage for whip use

It does, in fact, show real life usage. It was not ‘babied’ off camera gingerly.

Thanks for your input! Cheers!

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
I am picking up a volcano classic this afternoon, can I use this bubbler with the classic and then use the volcano hybrid spinning whip with it? if so that would be freaking awesome!
Yes indeed! As long as you have the Easy Valve, then all of our bubblers work with all styles of Volcano. The Hybrid Whip fits on our bubblers as well, but we have to warn you we aren't sure how well the whip works with the older Volcanoes. We've only used the Whip with the Volcano Hybrid, but it should work on the older units if the pump is turned on during use. Let us know how it goes!

Magma_Industries,

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
My Obsidian from Magma let me take HUGE CLOUDY rips at 446 without any heat issues. I’ve had it for at least a month and I can definitely tell the difference from when I have it on and when I’m not using it. I really love it!

Berettajames

I ordered the Obsidian over the black Friday weekend and I'm super excited to use it. My only complaint is I ordered it Sunday night so it's been 5 business days and they still haven't shipped it.

Berettajames,

david8613

@Berettajames what was the price you paid on bf? I just got the volcano hybrid and it is somewhat harsher than my volcano classic, I might have to order this. what are the positives and negatives of the different materials they use?

Last edited:
david8613,

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Hey guys! Sorry about the delay!

If you placed your order over the weekend, you might have gotten caught in the Black Friday/Cyber Monday rush. We got slammed with far more orders than we expected, and it's taking a little more than than usual to fulfill everyone's order. Expect your order to ship either today or Monday, and you'll receive an email with your tracking number as soon as it leaves our warehouse.

Let me know if you have any other questions/comments/concerns and I'll get back to you ASAP.

We very much appreciate your patience while we catch up!

-Magma Industries

Last edited:
Magma_Industries,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

Berettajames

@Berettajames what was the price you paid on bf? I just got the volcano hybrid and it is somewhat harsher than my volcano classic, I might have to order this. what are the positives and negatives of the different materials they use?

I haven’t got it yet but they shipped it earlier today. For Black Friday they did 20% off. I would definitely get at least the magma because it makes the bags last way longer because none of the weed particles reach the bag. For me personally the water filtration is the most important part because I had asthma growing up and recently it’s come back because of smoking but the bag alone makes this worth it to me. I will say the hybrid pushes way less stuff through the screen which I really love

Berettajames,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

david8613

I haven’t got it yet but they shipped it earlier today. For Black Friday they did 20% off. I would definitely get at least the magma because it makes the bags last way longer because none of the weed particles reach the bag. For me personally the water filtration is the most important part because I had asthma growing up and recently it’s come back because of smoking but the bag alone makes this worth it to me. I will say the hybrid pushes way less stuff through the screen which I really love

Thank you your response very intrigued, is there a cooling and flavor profile between the different models. I sse the magma is still on sale, but before I make a purchase I need some advice. Leaning towards the magma because I am a little afraid of glass breaking. Is it strong glass?

Last edited:
david8613,

Berettajames

Thank you your response very intrigued, is there a cooling and flavor profile between the different models. I sse the magma is still on sale, but before I make a purchase I need some advice. Leaning towards the magma because I a little afraid of glass breaking.
Thats the risk with all glass but if you avoid it your stuck with mostly cheap ass doodoo bongs/bubblers ect (not saying the magma is bad but in general the good pieces are mostly glass or electricity or both). I would probably buy a magma now and the obsidian on Christmas when it likely goes on sale again if I were you so you have a backup and you can eventually sell your classic and magma together if you want. Also I have the classic and hybrid and my plan to not break it is to leave it on the hybrid all the time except when I put more material in and put it on the classic to avoid an accident.

Berettajames,

david8613

I gotta think about this one, is the flavor different between the magma, borcilic and obsidian? I'm pretty sure the obsidian and borcillic glass cool better. What is the difference between those?

Volcano classic and plenty was sold, it helped fund my purchase of the hybrid.

david8613,

Berettajames

Idk a lot about either except I expect the obsidian to be way better than the magma. they both hold little water but my other piece doesn't hold a lot of water and hits fine and worse case I can also hit it through my bong and the obsidian has a 2nd chamber to preven
I gotta think about this one, is the flavor different between the magma, borcilic and obsidian? I'm pretty sure the obsidian and borcillic glass cool better. What is the difference between those?

Volcano classic and plenty was sold, it helped fund my purchase of the hybrid.

I've never used either of them and don't know a lot about the material. I have borosilicate syringes for my feco and it basically feels like plastic so I imagine its more durable than most glass. The obsidian holds 2-2.5x more water than the magma (via magma_industries not my experience) and has a 2nd chamber to prevent water from going backwards. I've only seen positive reviews about this except on this forum and the two main complaints are it doesn't hold a lot of water and one guy said it sucks with the hose. The water doesn't worry me to much because I love my kandypen oura and it also doesn't use too much water and worst case I can use it with an adapter on my bong for extra filtration. The hose complaint confuses me because the hose and balloons have the same exact base so if its bad for one it would be bad with both. Maybe it's hard to rotate the hose but that isn't a problem for me because I use it alone. Also from looking at zoomed in pictures on amazon the obsidian looks like it has way better percolation than the magma and just looks like a big upgrade. Despite the fact that I think it looks really cool the main reason I bought it is because it's the only direct attachment for the volcano which I think is vital to keep the balloons fresh. I'll tell you how I like it when I get it next week but I think it will be awesome

Berettajames,

davesmith

Glass Blower
Nice product and sorry if this has been asked i did scan the thread. Is this any different to a normal bubbler? I mean if i were to measure temp and rh say on my nano through a matrix ion would i find simmilar results? Also whos doing your glass for you? Glad to see you havent outsourced to China yet

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Nice product and sorry if this has been asked i did scan the thread. Is this any different to a normal bubbler? I mean if i were to measure temp and rh say on my nano through a matrix ion would i find simmilar results? Also whos doing your glass for you? Glad to see you havent outsourced to China yet
Hey Davesmith,

Thanks for asking! It's a bit of an interesting question, because at the end of the day YES, we are just simply a bubbler that was designed specifically for the Volcano Vaporizer, and we cater solely to its users. Where things differ are when comparing to other vapes and their respective cooling methods, and here we actually ARE different from other bubblers. This isn't due to anything special or crazy from us, however, and is actually simply due to the power of the Volcano itself. I don't have first hand experience with the Nano and Matrix, but I can say pretty confidently that the cooling effect will be similar, but the humidity effect will be drastically different. This is the key that really helps people out; it's the humidity that affects people most relative to the temperature differential. The Volcano puts out more heat than almost all other vapes on the market, and we take advantage of that by placing our cooling media as close to the heat source as possible. This rapidly accelerates the humidification process when compared to other bubblers, particularly the tried and true Bag-to-Bong method (which is what we were doing for a decade before developing something better...).

I can't say how much your Matrix will cool down your Nano vapor, but I can confidently say that the humidity will be around 40-60% depending on where you are (it's extremely dry here in Southern California, so we measure on the lower end, but someone up in the PNW shouldn't be surprised to see higher numbers). With Magma and Obsidian, due to their proximity to the heat source, the humidity is 100% (our meter is only good to ~95%, but shot past 100% immediately when put in the vapor stream), and is very easy to feel the difference.

As far as suppliers, we make our stuff in the good ol' USA (which is reflected in our prices, shit aint cheap for quality glasswork here unfortunately), and we have a few different shops all around the Country (Cali, Penn, etc...) that we work with to ensure we have a steady supply of glass, and that operations can continue when something happens (IE when a snow storm knocked out all power to our guys in Penn for a week last year, the guys in Cali were able to pick up the slack). We're also continually looking to add expert glass artisans to our portfolio that can keep up the quality that we guarantee for our customers.

Cheers, and highest regards!

SatanLovestoVape

My impatience is killing me. How long does an order take to be delivered? My order shipped out on 2/20, and the last update was on the 25th. It is now the 29th and still no package. There has been no new updates. I am in fear my package is lost or it just taking a long time? Magma did send me a screenshot of the UPS website which has not updated in 4 days. Hopefully, I will get it on Monday but probably not.

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
My impatience is killing me. How long does an order take to be delivered? My order shipped out on 2/20, and the last update was on the 25th. It is now the 29th and still no package. There has been no new updates. I am in fear my package is lost or it just taking a long time? Magma did send me a screenshot of the UPS website which has not updated in 4 days. Hopefully, I will get it on Monday but probably not.
Hey SatanLovestoVape,

If you've already gotten a screen shot from the email team it means your package is on it's way and should be delivered imminently. We have had some issues here and there with UPS taking a long time, or delaying packages for no apparent reason, but they don't happen very often. If it's not there by Monday, give us another email and we'll make some calls to see if we can get it kick started for you.

Magma_Industries,

Mako Kupo

Hey guys I am wonderin g which O rings to buy. I am tryign to buy an obsidian but nobody will get back to me on which o rings to buy. please!

Top Bottom