Magicstone Odyssey

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I think I have something like that . It probably came with one of my vapes but I never used it. Hopefully it's in my accessory box. I guess I'll have to try both methods , for the benefit of the FC community of course :science:

Tiny88

Deluxe420
I'll start by stating that I bought this vape mainly for nostalgia. I wasn't expecting it to compare or compete with the modern technological wonders that we are accustomed to using these days. I enjoy rotating my vapes for their subtle "vape signatures " as well as their unique designs and aesthetics. My collection is about diversity. Personally, I thought it would work similarly to a Vaporgenie, and I suppose it does. The look and feel are just what I was hoping for and the fact that they package it with a case, lighter, extra basket screens, pipe cleaners, wooden stash tube filled with stirring toothpicks { it is a standard toothpick holder :) }, is nice to see. Too many companies would simply sell all of these separately as accessories.

What might not be obvious from the diagram of the vape is how the air path holes are staggered. The depth of the basket hole is twice the height of the basket itself and the lighter hole is drilled diagonally down to the bottom of the basket hole. the airpath then goes up thru the basket , exiting thru a higher hole to the end of the mouthpiece. simple, but there are some drawbacks. If you draw to hard , the heat from the flame will start to combust. 🤢 This is never going to be a flavor chasers choice. So far my best effort was to take few hard pulls without a loaded basket in an attempt to get some initial radiant heat into the soapstone just prior to using. also going a little slower than I thought I needed to and taking more draws. You can't rush this without consequence. I tried the recommended "no grind" without much success ,then some finer grind which was also not great. I think a course grind will probably work best, time will tell. No worries, I like sipping on some vapes as much as I like taking big rips off others.

If the old school pipe and lighter feel is what you are looking for , then I don't think you will be disappointed, but it's no Tinymight :rofl:

Hi There, thanks for being the guinea pig... I decided to hold off from purchasing one due to the comment of soot health issues from a regular flame. Are you seeing any issues of this?

Tiny88,

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I've only used it twice so far so it's too soon to tell. I definitely had a small amount of combusting due to user error and it remains to some degree
I'm honestly no too concerned with health issues from the lighter since I use premium butane and won't be using this vape heavily. I'm sure I did much more harm durning the decades of smoking thru pipes,bongs, one hitters... and all using bic lighters.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I made several more attempts with the Magicstone with mediocre results. Unfortunately I could not find a concentrate disc but I did try some glass balls as a diffuser. Once inside of a Fury dosing capsule, then loose filling the bottom of the basket hole with as many as would fit beneath the herb basket. The dosing capsule was terrible but the loose balls might have potential. I was having trouble getting any vapor and so I removed the balls and still had very little vapor , and then I got combustion. :puke: Later , I tried again without the glass balls and still had little success and a bad taste even though I could see no visible signs of combustion in the herb. Frustrated, I grabbed my Tinymight and to my horror, I got very poor vapor ( that was a first :hmm:) . turns out that my newest strain was so moist and sticky it didn't produce much vapor... Not wanting to be disappointed again so soon, I went straight for my trusted Vapman and was instantly reminded of how amazing a flame powered vape could be.

Next day I tried again natively with the same results. I'm realising that my best success so far has been to take much longer, slower draws without pulling the flame in too far. I need to try again with the glass balls which hopefully will make an improvement. My best experience so far was using my Grasshopper inserted into the basket hole and using the firehole as a carb.:shrug: I do like accessories for my Hopper, but I won't give up on the Odyssey just yet. Definitely not the blissful honeymoon period I'm used to when getting a new vape .

I just realised the reason I had an anomaly reading this thread is that it was started by someone with 88 in their username, who I had ignored. Am I correct that 88 in a nic typically means Heil Hitler?
You're right that 88 can be a white supremacist dog-whistle. Unfortunately, as you may know, theses codes are to allow for possible deniability so it's hard to know the real "offenders". With symbols as subtle as digits, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Joie de Vivre

You're right that 88 can be a white supremacist dog-whistle. Unfortunately, as you may know, theses codes are to allow for possible deniability so it's hard to know the real "offenders". With symbols as subtle as digits, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.
You're cool, but I must encourage anyone wanting benefit of the doubt to change their username immediately rather than tolerate or further push that particular really offensive ambiguity!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM/TP80/CC/FW7/OAB)
You're cool, but I must encourage anyone wanting benefit of the doubt to change their username immediately rather than tolerate or further push that particular really offensive ambiguity!

Haha I mean the other # red flag is 420 unfortunately... I think a lot of people would use a number like 88 to signify their birth year?? Or just liking the number and needing to choose any number... I certainly had no idea it had anything to do with hate :uhh::disgust:

Shit Snacks

It's because it is like saluting the policy of mass murder of Jews, that I would expect some sensitivity about it, see...?

Sorry, please don't take the jokes as a lack of sensitivity about the serious subject, but also must understand seems many people were not aware of the 88 signal here at least so now hopefully more aware... Internet ugh

Joie de Vivre

I appreciate that is the case for many, but I won't appreciate being gaslit or mocked for raising this. Why would I be quiet about people basically putting deeply offensive shit encoded into their nic, like if it was a swastika pic that nobody else noticed? I expect it is because there is a lot of it about, as well. Don't let's kid ourselves. Peace and love. & ty for that coolbreeze!

Shit Snacks

I appreciate that is the case for many, but I won't appreciate being gaslit or mocked for raising this. Why would I be quiet about people basically putting deeply offensive shit encoded into their nic, like if it was a swastika pic that nobody else noticed? I expect it is because there is a lot of it about, as well. Don't let's kid ourselves. Peace and love. & ty for that coolbreeze!

Yeah I get it the mocking is inappropriate, I hope those people understand it is a serious issue, should not be naive, but yeah I don't want to be too quick to judge, at least the person who started this thread is not at all affiliated with the product? Whoever

vapeape77

I really didn’t know on the 88… I know people born in 88 who use it here in the states, probably should inform them

Razhumikin

was this 88 thing a thing in 2017? the account was created then.
The 88 thing has been around for dozens of years, way older than 2017. Its one of the best known symbols neonazis use to identify themselves, along with the ss lightning bolts. 14 is also a symbol they use, for the 14 words of the white nationalist creed. If you ever see someone with a 14:88 tattoo, they are a nazi. This is something everyone should know, because nazis shouldnt be allowed to operate freely in our society without challenge.

Tiny88

Deluxe420
*8's is prosperity and good fortune in the Chinese culture.

Last edited:
Top Bottom