Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

DocNicksche

While waiting for news about the sense...

Let's talk about the revolve. It's been out in the wild for a while now and many people were able to play with it. So tell me, how do you prefer to use it? :D

Although it does a great job for nice dense and tasty mtl hits with the airflow all closed I think it shines with direct lung draws, imo. I like those mtl puffs, I use my blomni exclusively this way... But the revolve is cooling the vapor down so damn efficient, that even I am able to rip through a good packed bowl with 3 hits max. And without choking my lungs out afterwards! No other DV setup I tried is capable of doing this, not even a simrell (no hate, I own and still love both ✌️)
This is really where it shines, imo.
BTW, I set my airflow intake so, that I only have about 3/4 of the "straight" part visible. Draw resistance to about 1/4 to 1/3 open and I kinda feather the air intake while drawing. The draw is steady and not too strong, maybe 10 - 15 seconds. Maybe even 20 🤷‍♂️
And it's a fine, dense and tasty hit with a pretty big cloud on the exhale.
I use the 2020 ti tip and a vapoven induction heater. I skip the first click, re-heat after the cool down click and then go past the click for "2 Mississippi" and end up with a pretty dark brown evenly roasted abv :tup:

FROMTHE6IX

While waiting for news about the sense...

Let's talk about the revolve. It's been out in the wild for a while now and many people were able to play with it. So tell me, how do you prefer to use it? :D

Although it does a great job for nice dense and tasty mtl hits with the airflow all closed I think it shines with direct lung draws, imo. I like those mtl puffs, I use my blomni exclusively this way... But the revolve is cooling the vapor down so damn efficient, that even I am able to rip through a good packed bowl with 3 hits max. And without choking my lungs out afterwards! No other DV setup I tried is capable of doing this, not even a simrell (no hate, I own and still love both ✌️)
This is really where it shines, imo.
BTW, I set my airflow intake so, that I only have about 3/4 of the "straight" part visible. Draw resistance to about 1/4 to 1/3 open and I kinda feather the air intake while drawing. The draw is steady and not too strong, maybe 10 - 15 seconds. Maybe even 20 🤷‍♂️
And it's a fine, dense and tasty hit with a pretty big cloud on the exhale.
I use the 2020 ti tip and a vapoven induction heater. I skip the first click, re-heat after the cool down click and then go past the click for "2 Mississippi" and end up with a pretty dark brown evenly roasted abv :tup:
That's why the revolve is endgame plus the reload, that's all she wrote..I sold most of my omni and simrells

DocNicksche

By that do you mean using the 'direct airflow tube' attachment?
No, I mean "drawing the vapor directly into your lungs".
As opposite to mtl (= mouth to lung), where you puff it like a cigarette or joint.

... Tbh, I haven't used the direct airflow tube yet. I don't see the point of it... Why would one want to reverse the airflow direction and cool the fresh air over the spiral, instead of the vapor?
Only my humble opinion on the direct airflow tube. I mean, it's awesome to have the option, but for me it just doesn't make sense 🤷‍♂️

... Tbh, I haven't used the direct airflow tube yet. I don't see the point of it... Why would one want to reverse the airflow direction and cool the fresh air over the spiral, instead of the vapor?
Only my humble opinion on the direct airflow tube. I mean, it's awesome to have the option, but for me it just doesn't make sense 🤷‍♂️

I was wondering what the point is. The revolve doesn't get excessively hot, so it's not like you have to cool the body rather than the vapor.

Direct airflow mode also kind of fucks the design language of the airport symbols over, as it lets air flow opposite the displayed direction.

Do you other guys use the direct airflow tube?

If not, a Revolve 2 could have the airpath in the spiral closed off via a divider built into the spiral itself.
No airleaks along the DRC tube, if they occur on the current design for anybody.
The DRC tube's little bulge on the bottom could also be spared to possibly make cleaning easier.
The DRC tube just be left open on the bottom.

This might be impractical or uneconomical, just an idea.

lugaschfuckcombustion,
Reactions: Brenyo

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Tbh, I haven't used the direct airflow tube yet. I don't see the point of it... Why would one want to reverse the airflow direction and cool the fresh air over the spiral, instead of the vapor?
Only my humble opinion on the direct airflow tube. I mean, it's awesome to have the option,
I felt the same since i especially love the Revolve for it's cooling abilities, it's the only stem that doesn't induce a coughing spree when i use it.
So it took a while before i tried the 'hotter' option..
But, since i really like the Revolve i quickly ordered two more and having multiple stems eventually made me check it out.
Turns out i kinda like it. :clap:
Depending on how you use the airport/bypass you can still get decent cooling.
It's a nice way to compare the effect of the airport and the Bypass and it reminds me of hitting an "average" stem, you feel straight away that it's a hotter hit but it's still somewhat smoother compared to other stems. And perfectly "adjustable" to your liking (cause that's what the Revolve does: it adapts so it becomes like your righthand: trusty and stable!)
Also:
I've read some people are saying that the Revolve hits 'too smooth' ( Lol, i really don't feel that way just to be clear) but for those people the direct airflow tube is perfect imo.
Also noticed some people saying it's too "complicated" (again: not me, i actually love the versatility and the options the Revolve has an offer). Claiming it's too much tinkering and too many options... Well for those people the Direct airflow might be a solution as it offers less options/settings.

Conclusion: i surely do prefer using the Revolve with the DRC tube but since i have multiple stems i installed one with the direct tube. I use that one mainly late at night (as a hot and hard hitting nightcap) but i do like having it around. For science and for some variation now and then.
So to those who didn't try it out: have a go at it, might surprise you!!

but for me it just doesn't make sense
Hey, let's be clear on this: the only one that has to make Sense is Brenyo and from what i've heard he's doing just that!
:cool:

:lol:

Hey is the Revolve stem available? Or is it still backordered? They havent posted much on their Instagram.
It is!!

https://madheaters.co.uk/collections/revolve/products/revolve-stem

You can't go wrong with the Revolve so i'd say grab one while they are available!

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Any updates on the sense? I heard last it was comming around March April or may?

Hopefully soon but I've been saying that for a while now :ko: I would expect it around the end of the year, but I can give a better estimate once everything is working as it should.

The idea is to be able to recreate the original condenser airpath for a hot and more flavourful vapor. Occasionally I prefer that, it's good to mix things up :) If the Revolve is the only stem you have you can still try most of the ways a DV stem can work - not all, but maybe in a Revolve 2 haha :D

You cool the "condenser" mostly, not the fresh air. Because of how it works the airpath shouldn't get as hot as it normally could and that might improve the flavour slightly from the 2nd - 3rd draw.

Direct airflow mode also kind of fucks the design language of the airport symbols over, as it lets air flow opposite the displayed direction.

If not, a Revolve 2 could have the airpath in the spiral closed off via a divider built into the spiral itself.
No airleaks along the DRC tube, if they occur on the current design for anybody.
The DRC tube's little bulge on the bottom could also be spared to possibly make cleaning easier.
The DRC tube just be left open on the bottom.

Yeah I don't like that either, it can get confusing after a few bowls for sure :hmm::D

That's how it was previously on the beta. It's not as easy to clean that way, but there is one big advantage to it: you can use it as a shorty without the MP. :)

acoolnerd

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
I might use the direct airflow tube if I was using the Revolve through a water piece.
That would avoid unnecessary condensing (loss) of vapour on the spiral cooling unit if the vapour was going to be conditioned by the water anyway.

chlorophyll_man,
Reactions: Bad Dog

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
If the Revolve is the only stem you have
Then you have reached Dynavap-perfection: everything you need in one device!
:rockon::cool:

Ok great will do!
There will be no regrets!
And that is a certainty!
:tup:

i wonder what happened to it. Also, would it be the same if I purchased the glass stems they have available separately?
@Brenyo can probably sort you out on this question, he might read it here or you can send him a DM with your Q's!:cool::cool:

I might use the direct airflow tube if I was using the Revolve through a water piece.
That would avoid unnecessary condensing (loss) of vapour on the spiral cooling unit if the vapour was going to be conditioned by the water anyway.
Also true!

I don't currently use a water-piece but if i would i'd do it like you say.

Also, would it be the same if I purchased the glass stems they have available separately?
When you buy one it sure is nice to have a glass stem too so i would advise to get both stems if you can. It hits really nice and it's kinda fulfilling to watch the vapor twirl in the glass..

DocNicksche

Hi guys!

Maybe I should have phrased that somehow different 🤔... I didn't mean to say anything negative on the direct airflow tube. I just wanted to point out that, imo, what really makes the revolve outstanding, is the cooling ability over that spiral and I love it for that.
Like others said, with the direct af tube it's more like using a DV (again, no hate, big fan still).
It makes sense, of course, since it's functional and good at it. Just not what makes the revolve the revolve in my opinion 😉
And to be clear, I absolutely appreciate to have the option, I just don't use it.

But, what about my initial question:
How do you all prefer to use the revolve?

That's how it was previously on the beta. It's not as easy to clean that way, but there is one big advantage to it: you can use it as a shorty without the MP. :)

Ah alright, missed that apparently.
Yeah, I figured cleaning two physically separated airpaths might be harder, insofar as it should be slightly more work to clean the Revolve but easier to get it absolutely clean at all, because there is no DRC bulge.
It the beta had had round edges on the divider, it might have been easier to clean.

The only thing that seems to be too hard to clean for my taste is the DRC tube.
Maybe its bottom end could be a half sphere bulge or completely flat and directly under the DRC cutout (no bulge) for Revolve 2.

If that isn't feasible, I really like the idea of the divider and a shorty style revolve without mouthpiece.
Any chance anything like that could ever come back?

lugaschfuckcombustion,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Exclusively?
Every time i vape?
:lol:
I didn't mean to say anything negative on the direct airflow tube. I just wanted to point out that, imo, what really makes the revolve outstanding, is the cooling ability over that spiral and I love it for that.
Like others said, with the direct af tube it's more like using a DV
I didn't read it as a negative review at all. It's like you say: the cooling is what makes it unique, what makes it the Revolve.
But i was pleasantly surprised when i eventually tried it. It still beats other stems in terms of cooling and taste but it is surely a different experience than when using the DRC-tube. That's why i still recommend trying it out to those who haven't yet. Nice for variation at the least..

I'll do it again!
I have three complete Revolves.

1-Glass stem, 21SS tip. Airport halfway. DRC 1/2-1/3 open. Fluttering during draw.
2-Ti stem, 19SS tip, Bypass halfway, DRC 1/2-1/3 open. Uncovered during first cycle, fluttering from second cycle.
3-Ti stem 20SS tip, Direct airflow tube, alternate use of bypass or airport, mostly open with fluttering.

(4- Spare Ti stem set up with Simrell stinger mouthpiece/intercooler, 21Ti Vong tip. Looks really dope (all raw ti) and is a real featherweight combo but it's quite hot and harsh when you get used to the Revolve CU so i don't really use it a lot tbh... It's really nice to hold tho :lol::tup:)

I do switch things around often so it will vary. The only constant thing is the Revolve!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Nothing ever is endgame, really.

Yeah I always chuckle anytime I see this new “end game” thing going around as it seems to be a very popular phrase with the new members.

I wonder where this term even comes from because i can’t think of any product in any industry that is truly the “endgame” of anything.

I read a post yesterday in the anvil thread talking about how “end game” it was, which made me laugh since the designer of it literally just changed a bunch of features just a couple weeks ago, most based on user feedback lol.

Blacksad

Other than cooling abilities, I really love the draw resistance functionality of the Revolve. I don't think I will return to using stems without it, it makes huge difference for me Are there any oher stems with that functionality?

Top Bottom