Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Oh absolutely, totally agree with you there.

The issue comes when these are the same people who built your company up from nothing, supported you when you were a niche within a niche and not the market leader. Take a new direction and serve a larger base, sure.

At least throw us a bone in the shape of a little corner of the DV store with a couple old SS and Ti tips and the old caps. Just seems like such an easy win that pays respect to those that put you in this position in the first place, while also offering harder hits for those incoming noobs that inevitably turn to power users.

Just for my knowledge .. How would I identify one of those old caps?

Is my count right?

"Comes with 5 Mesh Filters, 6 extra o-rings ( Full set of black and green ) and a cleaning / storage tube."

Dunno how many o-rings that makes in total though.

OGablogian,

LordVaper

"Comes with 5 Mesh Filters, 6 extra o-rings ( Full set of black and green ) and a cleaning / storage tube."

Thanks. If that includes the ones on the device I think I found them all.

LordVaper,

Sweet-vapour-69420

Usually there’s 5 main ways. None of them are a 100% indicator but if they have some of these characteristics it’s likely a hot cap.

1: There’s no date or serial printed on the digger outer - this started in 2019 which is the same year the new “IH friendly” caps started being made. DV quality control is notoriously hit and miss so some new caps will also lack the date and serial too.

2: The crimp is smaller. Part of the “IH friendly” revision was to make the crimp fatter so that the discs had more room to click when face down in an IH.

3: The metal feels harder to adjust. The alloy used to make the caps got changed, to lower electrical resistance (again for IH use) but it also feels thinner and more easily bendable as a result.

4: The click pattern has a clear and repeatable “click… pause… CLICK” to it. New caps sometimes both click at once or have a very short gap between clicks. Some hot caps also do this though, just to make it more complex.

5: Finally, the one I have least knowledge of. Underneath the “made in USA” on the cap there used to be a serial number of sorts. You can use this to identify hot caps, but this is way out of my knowledge base so I can’t help.

You’ll know when you have one though, it just feels better and roasts better in an IH with a very clear difference. I didn’t even know about hot caps when I got my first hot cap, I just knew one of my caps performed a lot better than the others in my IH. The only issue is once you have one it’s somewhat hard to go back to the new ones - at least if you’re always looking for maximum extraction per heat cycle like myself.

Last edited:

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Usually there’s 5 main ways. None of them are a 100% indicator but if they have some of these characteristics it’s likely a hot cap.

1: There’s no date or serial printed on the digger outer - this started in 2019 which is the same year the new “IH friendly” caps started being made. DV quality control is notoriously hit and miss so some new caps will also lack the date and serial too.

2: The crimp is smaller. Part of the “IH friendly” revision was to make the crimp fatter so that the discs had more room to click when face down in an IH.

3: The metal feels harder to adjust. The alloy used to make the caps got changed, to lower electrical resistance (again for IH use) but it also feels thinner and more easily bendable as a result.

4: The click pattern has a clear and repeatable “click… pause… CLICK” to it. New caps sometimes both click at once or have a very short gap between clicks. Some hot caps also do this though, just to make it more complex.

5: Finally, the one I have least knowledge of. Underneath the “made in USA” on the cap there used to be a serial number of sorts. You can use this to identify hot caps, but this is way out of my knowledge base so I can’t help.

You’ll know when you have one though, it just feels better and roasts better in an IH with a very clear difference. I didn’t even know about hot caps when I got my first hot cap, I just knew one of my caps performed a lot better than the others in my IH. The only issue is once you have one it’s somewhat hard to go back to the new ones - at least if you’re always looking for maximum extraction per heat cycle like myself.

Thanks for your great explanation. Won't be able to test it in my local store, but will bring a tip and cap for comparison.

About your first point; that also includes 'no date on the inside of the digger' ?

Sweet-vapour-69420

Thanks for your great explanation. Won't be able to test it in my local store, but will bring a tip and cap for comparison.

About your first point; that also includes 'no date on the inside of the digger' ?
Yeah that’s what I meant, the inside of the digger. If it’s an old model device in the store, it’s almost certain to be a hot cap.

18m’s and short omni’s are an easy one for picking up hot caps, but obviously they’ve been getting picked up by collectors so even the local shops are wising up to the gold sat on their shelf.

I’ve had a variety of caps and those diggers also come in slightly different shapes and sizes. No idea if that’s a design tweak or that famous DV quality control, though.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Thanks. If that includes the ones on the device I think I found them all.
There should be 10 in total (4 on the stem, 6 in the lid) and 5 mesh. 3 large, 2 small o-rings of each color in total 🙂

I’m sorry about the packaging, I didn’t expect that the foam will shrink that much :(

ch3r6nz9n

anyone else rocking a 'bastardo' MVS w/ revolve mouthpiece w straight direct airflow, its the longest heaviest chunk of DV Ti to the best of my knowledge (excl poxy jetpack lol)

Last edited:
ch3r6nz9n,

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
Bundle arrived yesterday and I was excited to try it out. On the first heat my Dynavap tip and cap irreversibly locked together. When I say this thing is locked together, I mean it. We tried torquing on it as hard as we could with pliers and it wont release. Dynavap said it's a rare occurrence they are aware of but have no explanation for. Perhaps related to the crimp redesign. To their credit, this is the second failure of a Dynavap device I've experienced and they offered replacement each time. Poor timing though....

Build quality on the set looks great, I'm not seeing any burrs like previously mentioned. The reload is packed with intelligent design and I can't wait to take it for a spin.

Open the revolve tube over a table, those o-rings have a mind of their own!

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Idea / suggestion for the reload (aint got one yet, so I cant measure how tall the pots are and if it would fit) ...

A plastic insert (kinda like the ones ppl diy 3d-print to store their weed-filled capsules for some electric vapes) that fits inside one of the reload pots and can hold 2-3 tips+caps, plus a small space for a grip baggy with some o-rings, mesh-thingies and a ccr. Like I said, dunno how tall the pots are though. A tip+cap measures 34 mm.

I'd add that to my shopping cart.

And O-rings in red, blue, purple, orange, yellow, white ... For both reload and revolve (the iso-safe ones plz, they are just heavenly). (yeah, sorry bren, this is like the 3rd time im mentioning this and you've very nicely explained every time it would be hard to realise at this moment).

Those ISO safe o-rings ... :love: Almost as magnificent as the revolve itself. I totally love how much easier and faster it makes my cleaning. If Mad Heaters only did those o-rings, I'd still be like 'great company with big value to the dyna market'.

Last edited:
OGablogian,
Reactions: Brenyo
How does the little twistable plate of the ccd setter on the reload come off? Does it?

I'm torn between my cleaning disorder and my paranoia to lose stuff here haha

lugaschfuckcombustion,

Squidge

Butane powered
Idea / suggestion for the reload (aint got one yet, so I cant measure how tall the pots are and if it would fit) ...

A plastic insert (kinda like the ones ppl diy 3d-print to store their weed-filled capsules for some electric vapes) that fits inside one of the reload pots and can hold 2-3 tips+caps, plus a small space for a grip baggy with some o-rings, mesh-thingies and a ccr. Like I said, dunno how tall the pots are though. A tip+cap measures 34 mm.

I'd add that to my shopping cart.
Just placed an M19 tip'n'cap into the AVB pot (which is the deepest) and they're too tall to fit, even without an additional plastic pot being inside reducing the depth even further.

The mini pot might well be good to keep the mesh/CCR/o-rings as they're small but it won't work with the tip'n'cap

Squidge,

ibnganja

I made an order from Toronto and got my Revolve/Reload in under 2 weeks. The customer service has been top notch, lots of communication, and the cherry ontop was actually getting the devices and using them and they performing as expected and living up to expectations.

The Revolve -- amazing, I got the glass body because the Titanium body wasn't available which made me sad, but I'm glad I got it, I enjoy using it. I love all the options, I haven't even scratched the surface yet. How fun!

The Reload -- super functional, got dayum! I don't even use it for on-the-go, I use it on my desk. Just the debowler part and the awesome top which has the magnet/cap-capture.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SENSE. It's so exciting because MadHeaters have lived upto the hype and if they live upto the hype of what they're promising with the sense... it's just... I'm tearing up, sorry, don't look at me.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
@Brenyo any plans to produce a grinder module for the reload?

It could happen, but I’d rather do a proper sized grinder instead, I’m not so keen on the small ones :)

I’ve mostly been an XL length stem user but lately I’ve been getting into standard M length stems. @Brenyo have you ever thought about what a standard length Revolve might be like?

Yes, same thing with a short non-spinning DRC MP :D

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Yes, same thing with a short non-spinning DRC MP
That’s awesome. I need it.

My goodies just showed up and everything is just wonderful. I love the packaging and all the extras. I’m so happy I got raw Ti and waited for the silver reload.

9-AED64-B6-3-ABA-443-B-A037-9-F23-A8-DBE829.jpg

Texus

Revolve has been great with my Anvil. Love the powerful magnet, then turn it upside down to empty bowl once Anvil unscrews and then can still scoop up ground flower with bowl attached with the right grinder.

Would also be nice to have a lil funnel insert that the Revolve could hold to also facilitate loading.

And plus one on the grinder idea for me too. I have the ZAM, and while it does not grind the best, having the built in grinder still makes it my go to when I'm going out over the Reload despite the features that make the Reload superior in all other ways.

Last edited:
Top Bottom