Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

Sweet-vapour-69420

Been absolutely loving my black revolve paired with a 19m tip. I use the direct airflow and set it so incoming air goes down the spiral and vapour goes up the centre, I find this setting gives me improved extraction at the cost of a little bit less cooling. Big hits for sure if you extract in two heat cycles.

My only complaint is that the finish is slowly chipping away and revealing raw Ti underneath. It started with a single small chip and now there’s quite a few - mine was a pre order model so maybe initial production woes? Who knows, but the performance is well and truly there.

Sweet-vapour-69420,
Reactions: KoopiKochie

relaxativas

I just ordered a Factory Second stem because I really wanted the titanium version and they were all sold out and I think I read somewhere it was like three months until they get new stems again. I got a small discount and with "slight cosmetic issues" hopefully it doesn't look too bad. :)

relaxativas,
Reactions: Brenyo

Planck

believes in Dog
Bren, have you considered your own tip to mate with a DV cap?
Hell ya man. :cool:
I hope the platform doesn't end up being taken away from Dynavap. It's not like they are standing still,
I couldn't care less at this point. Perhaps they might prosper if they spent less time with their (imo) ridiculous marketing scheme and weekly kumbaya circle jerks and instead developed the line. Regardless unregulated capitalism will decide their fate long term and that it what USA loves I'm told. I guess our big divergence is I think DV is pretty much standing still with product development. It's been mostly cosmetic changes since 2017/18. After five years of "development" Brenyo easily handed them their ass with his first stem design. :rofl: :clap:
they can't reasonably be expected to sucessfully compete directly with China production
Why not there is little to no hand work. Ultimately the US consumer will decide the premium for domestic product.
Americans need to be paid decently to work and live here...
I agree the system is badly broken. An unreasonable amount of the profits go to the wealthy, the workers, no bread? Let them eat cake.

Sweet-vapour-69420

I couldn't care less at this point. Perhaps they might prosper if they spent less time with their (imo) ridiculous marketing scheme and weekly kumbaya circle jerks and instead developed the line. Regardless unregulated capitalism will decide their fate long term and that it what USA loves I'm told. I guess our big divergence is I think DV is pretty much standing still with product development. It's been mostly cosmetic changes since 2017/18. After five years of "development" Brenyo easily handed them their ass with his first stem design

I really agree with this. They’ve also pretty much left the door open for Anvil to take the power user market from them. We’ve been asking for years now for them to fix the caps and bring back the 19m so we can get those 1-2 hit extractions on click. Instead? Here’s another rainbow M with a craptive cap and lukewarm click temp.

Or as I put it - In search of new customers from the less patient casual market, they lowered the floor by lowering the ceiling.

It’s a shame, but I’ll get off my soap box now so the thread can get back on topic

Blacksad

They’ve also pretty much left the door open for Anvil to take the power user market from them.
When I took some time to really learn how Revolve is different from other stems, watched all the videos and the drawings, I understood that this is a completely another level of comfort when using a vapcap. When I received my unit my expectations were easily confirmed and I cannot foresee me buying other stems in the near future. Now the more I learn about the Anvil the more I like it. If my expectations will be confirmed again, I will say good bye to Dynavap completely. It was and still is a great journey, but I want to move on and have even better experience.

Sweet-vapour-69420

When I took some time to really learn how Revolve is different from other stems, watched all the videos and the drawings, I understood that this is a completely another level of comfort when using a vapcap. When I received my unit my expectations were easily confirmed and I cannot foresee me buying other stems in the near future. Now the more I learn about the Anvil the more I like it. If my expectations will be confirmed again, I will say good bye to Dynavap completely. It was and still is a great journey, but I want to move on and have even better experience.
Hey man why not have both? I feel that they’re both very complementary devices, despite the whole “anvil vs dynavap” thing that seems to be becoming a bit of a team sport online.

The anvil is a big hitting portable that takes a while to heat up but stays hot very long.

So with that in mind my dynavap will be set up as a yin to said yang.

A revolve stem, a 5 fin ti and an old “hot cap” - this sets the dyna up as a big hitting portable that heats up fast but doesn’t stay hot long.

Add a sense IH to that mix (when it arrives) and you’ve got the same temperature mobility as you would with say a mighty or HR rogue type device, further complementing the anvil and it’s one punch KO style.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hell ya man. :cool:

I couldn't care less at this point. Perhaps they might prosper if they spent less time with their (imo) ridiculous marketing scheme and weekly kumbaya circle jerks and instead developed the line. Regardless unregulated capitalism will decide their fate long term and that it what USA loves I'm told. I guess our big divergence is I think DV is pretty much standing still with product development. It's been mostly cosmetic changes since 2017/18. After five years of "development" Brenyo easily handed them their ass with his first stem design. :rofl: :clap:

Why not there is little to no hand work. Ultimately the US consumer will decide the premium for domestic product.

I agree the system is badly broken. An unreasonable amount of the profits go to the wealthy, the workers, no bread? Let them eat cake.

IMO Dyna could easily release awesome new parts if they really wanted to, but it would likely be at an expense to this great aftermarket community. When I worked at Apple I used to think why don’t they just make the phones so you don’t need all these accessories, but that would have destroyed much of the secondary economy who made a living by providing cases, bags, adapters, cables etc.

Puffco had a massive amount of aftermarket support for their original Peak e-rig, which was supporting many third party and accessory makers; when they released the Pro model they made a bunch of proprietary changes which crushed that aftermarket community.

invertedisdead,

Sweet-vapour-69420

IMO Dyna could easily release awesome new parts if they really wanted to, but it would likely be at an expense to this great aftermarket community. When I worked at Apple I used to think why don’t they just make the phones so you don’t need all these accessories, but that would have destroyed much of the secondary economy who made a living by providing cases, bags, adapters, cables etc.

Puffco had a massive amount of aftermarket support for their original Peak e-rig, which was supporting many third party and accessory makers; when they released the Pro model they made a bunch of proprietary changes which crushed that aftermarket community.
I mean to be fair, that market will still exist exactly as it has done if we’re talking about dynavap. The caps and tips are what dictate performance (I mean stems can affect extraction but that’s like maybe 5% compared to 95% being on the tip and cap) and dynavap are the sole producers of those things, while the aftermarket handles everything else.

I feel a lot of the grievances towards dyna is that they’re sort of doing the thing you mentioned already. Rather than focusing on what they should be (fixing the damn caps and improving the tips) they’re cutting into the third party market by introducing accessories, stems, limited editions, artisan pieces and the like. People such as myself are a little fed up of having to browse Reddit exchange for 3 year old parts just to make the device hit as hard as it is capable, while getting sent an email for yet another sparkly M that I know doesn’t perform as it could.

Last edited:

Blacksad

Hey man why not have both? I feel that they’re both very complementary devices, despite the whole “anvil vs dynavap” thing that seems to be becoming a bit of a team sport online.

The anvil is a big hitting portable that takes a while to heat up but stays hot very long.

A revolve stem, a 5 fin ti and an old “hot cap” - this sets the dyna up as a big hitting portable that heats up fast but doesn’t stay hot long.

Add a sense IH to that mix (when it arrives) and you’ve got the same temperature mobility as you would with say a mighty or HR rogue type device, further complementing the anvil and it’s one punch KO style.
If it really works that way then sure, I already have a setup you're talking about :) But I also heard that Anvil can be used for small native hits, only concern for me is the vapour temperature. But hopefully @Brenyo can help us here also. In my opinion convection should be better than conduction for flavour and it also hits harder, but if it can be managed then it should cover a pretty large spectrum of high. The lack of a dedicated IH for Anvil is a downside, but I guess it's a matter of time.

Blacksad,
Reactions: Planck

OGablogian

AKA Probeer

I fully agree with you on all but one thing; on the subject of 'hard hitting' a HR rogue doesn't come close to a dynavap. Dyna and Mighty are imo in the same league. But a Rogue can't make me cough even if it wanted to. I totally love it and would rate it as one of the best electronic vapes at that pricepoint. But it aint as big hitting as a dynavap.

OGablogian,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I mean to be fair, that market will still exist exactly as it has done if we’re talking about dynavap. The caps and tips are what dictate performance (I mean stems can affect extraction but that’s like maybe 5% compared to 95% being on the tip and cap) and dynavap are the sole producers of those things, while the aftermarket handles everything else.

I feel a lot of the grievances towards dyna is that they’re sort of doing the thing you mentioned already. Rather than focusing on what they should be (fixing the damn caps and improving the tips) they’re cutting into the third party market by introducing accessories, stems, limited editions, artisan pieces and the like. People such as myself are a little fed up of having to browse Reddit exchange for 3 year old parts just to make the device hit as hard as it is capable while getting sent an email for yet another sparkly M and such.

This idea that all their newer tips and caps are flawed is an opinion though. If nobody was truly buying them or liked them, I doubt you’d keep getting emails for new M’s, right?

Seems to me like the real problem is this group of people that are actually really, really happy with their legacy dynavaps; but then still feel compelled that they need to buy something new. Why can’t they just enjoy their old tips, which will basically never break, and be happy? This strange loop of demanding constant innovation while also being beyond content with older models is very interesting.

Sweet-vapour-69420

I fully agree with you on all but one thing; on the subject of 'hard hitting' a HR rogue doesn't come close to a dynavap. Dyna and Mighty are imo in the same league. But a Rogue can't make me cough even if it wanted to. I totally love it and would rate it as one of the best electronic vapes at that pricepoint. But it aint as big hitting as a dynavap.
I was using the HR rogue and mighty as an example of similar temp variability, not as an equivalent hit. Totally agree with you though, the rogue is a great little device but it’s punch power is a notch or two below DV and anvil for sure

This idea that all their newer tips and caps are flawed is an opinion though. If nobody was truly buying them or liked them, I doubt you’d keep getting emails for new M’s, right?

Seems to me like the real problem is this group of people that are actually really, really happy with their legacy dynavaps; but then still feel compelled that they need to buy something new. Why can’t they just enjoy their old tips, which will basically never break, and be happy? This strange loop of demanding constant innovation while also being beyond content with older models is very interesting.
I would disagree. If you’re looking at it from the angle of extraction efficiency (in how many heat cycles can we get this bowl to dark brown AVB? CAN we get this bowl to dark brown ABV) then the old tips and caps handily beat the new. Sure you can go past the click on the new tips, but then you are introducing an additional and unpredictable variable to get the hit you want. I’m not saying you can’t get high off them or that they don’t work as DV intended, I’m saying they don’t have as high a ceiling as the old parts.

So from that perspective, they are flawed. From DV’s perspective, they are better as they are harder to combust with = more noob friendly = more sales. So of course people are buying them, and the limited edition sparkles also help by fuelling FOMO.

Hell, maybe long term it’s the most profitable strategy - in fact it probably is. But the point still stands that they’re willingly alienating a crowd looking for a certain hit in order to do so.

And the real problem, is the legacy guys are annoyed because they can’t get replacement parts for their legacy stuff. To use your tech analogy, is it really hard to have a “pro” and consumer line? We’re happy to stick to our old stuff, but these caps don’t last forever man.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I would disagree. If you’re looking at it from the angle of extraction efficiency (in how many heat cycles can we get this bowl to dark brown AVB? CAN we get this bowl to dark brown ABV) then the old tips and caps handily beat the new. Sure you can go past the click on the new tips, but then you are introducing an additional and unpredictable variable to get the hit you want. I’m not saying you can’t get high off them or that they don’t work as DV intended, I’m saying they don’t have as high a ceiling as the old parts.

So from that perspective, they are flawed. From DV’s perspective, they are better as they are harder to combust with = more noob friendly = more sales. So of course people are buying them, and the limited edition sparkles also help by fuelling FOMO.

Hell, maybe long term it’s the most profitable strategy - in fact it probably is. But the point still stands that they’re willingly alienating a crowd looking for a certain hit in order to do so.

And the real problem, is the legacy guys are annoyed because they can’t get replacement parts for their legacy stuff. To use your tech analogy, is it really hard to have a “pro” and consumer line? We’re happy to stick to our old stuff, but these caps don’t last forever man.

I can appreciate and respect your perspective.

I never would have gotten rid of my old
Honda if I knew they were gonna turn all the new ones into these things and all the old ones would disappear.

I think that’s a problem with continuous innovations though, is there will always be a group who ultimately prefers the previous iterations design goals. That good ole’ “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” motto :sherlock: (which is a great motto!)

Sweet-vapour-69420

I can appreciate and respect your perspective.

I never would have gotten rid of my old
Honda if I knew they were gonna turn all the new ones into these things and all the old ones would disappear.

I think that’s a problem with continuous innovations though, is there will always be a group who ultimately prefers the previous iterations design goals. That good ole’ “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” motto :sherlock: (which is a great motto!)
Oh absolutely, totally agree with you there.

The issue comes when these are the same people who built your company up from nothing, supported you when you were a niche within a niche and not the market leader. Take a new direction and serve a larger base, sure.

At least throw us a bone in the shape of a little corner of the DV store with a couple old SS and Ti tips and the old caps. Just seems like such an easy win that pays respect to those that put you in this position in the first place, while also offering harder hits for those incoming noobs that inevitably turn to power users.

stonedmallone

How normal is it for my package to be held in the UK for over a week? It's said I will get more info when it arrives in the US. I am just so excited for it!

stonedmallone,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
How normal is it for my package to be held in the UK for over a week? It's said I will get more info when it arrives in the US. I am just so excited for it!
It usually takes between 7-12 days so it's normal unfortunately, it's probably on the way to the US. :)

Sometimes it arrives within a week but it's just up to luck, even if it was shipped on the same day.

stonedmallone

It usually takes between 7-12 days so it's normal unfortunately, it's probably on the way to the US. :)

Sometimes it arrives within a week but it's just up to luck, even if it was shipped on the same day.
Awesome! Thank you so much! Man I can't wait!!

stonedmallone,

LordVaper

My Revolve arrived an I promptly spilled the o rings and screen all over the place.

I’ve found 4 screens, 3 black and one green o rings the same size and 2 black orings of a different size.

Is that what I should have or should I scour the floor for more ?

LordVaper,

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
My Revolve arrived an I promptly spilled the o rings and screen all over the place.

I’ve found 4 screens, 3 black and one green o rings the same size and 2 black orings of a different size.

Is that what I should have or should I scour the floor for more ?
The revolve initiation ritual. Happened to me even though I'd even read about it happening before I got it. Happened every time I opened the tube since. Funny every time.

sunyata,
Reactions: Exsmoker
Top Bottom