• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Loto Labs Lux (formerly Evoke)

Unisonruss

If anyone want to deepsix their “Lux”/“Evoke” for a fair price, HMU.

Wanna see what the fiasco is about. :horse:
I have only used mine once. Message me if you are intrested, and I'll make a post in the classifieds

Unisonruss,
Reactions: stark1

grokit

well-worn member
I have an unopened unit, complete with the external charger and an extra capsule.

grokit,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Max temp is 50 degrees? Is that suppose to elicit a snicker? :hmm:

A bit audacious? :clap:

Are the 3 capsules different, or are they just trumping it? :bang:

PS WTF is a suseptor, a lug of metal?

stark1,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
To answer my own question, a susceptor absorbs energy and reradiates it as heat. :\

(Susceptors for the Lux seem to be loose metal pieces configured rodlike to enhance the heat throughout;
Both the loose rod and it’s separate base can easily be lost upon opening up the mouthpiece...) :doh:

2z4zrpk.jpg
j

Razor

I just wanted to chime in. After having it for however long (its been a while), I love the hell out of this thing. It looks amazing. When I break it out, everyone wants to hit it. I have to keep it on max settings to get my desired effect, but it hits like a monster too. I'm only usin it for shatter. The herb is of course a no go, but it does pretty damn well otherwise.

It doesnt hit as well as hard as my tera, but It gets a solid 8 for ease of use along with the looks it gets. I'm one of the lucky guys that only paid 79 or 49 (whatever it was. too long for me to remember) bucks for this thing back when kickstarter first launched. For THAT price, I'd say I got my moneys worth. For the price afterwords..... lol maybe if you're rich.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Happy to see there is more people enjoying their Lux. Personnaly I'm glad I get rid of this ugly mp for a glass one and replaced the bowl with a one allowing small load and better efficiency as well a cleaner airpath since the mp+bowl get it's own air channel àla Vaponic. The only issue resulting from this setup is a restricted airflow.

I agree the actual price is too expensive although you don't get this cheap feeling most devices get. If I forget the ugly white mp, I can say I like the sturdy aluminium body , the wood panels look nice and the large button is solid and reactive. I noticed the vape get a feature to stop battery use when power is around 3.84v, most vapes use a battery until it's under 3.60v... maybe, for the Lux, it's cause induction need more power and can't work well under this voltage.

I have 2 Lux... idk if I'll get rid of one, for me it's a keeper despite the all the Lux's comic opera!

Razor

I agree. There are definitely improvements that could be made, but for what its worth. It's at the very least a conversation piece. No one else has one and thats a pretty nice thing on its own. Those low temp chasers would probably love this too as the flavor is great. Have you tried using 2 susceptor or whatever they're called?

Razor,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Have you tried using 2 susceptor or whatever they're called?
Yes, 2 susceptors helps for vapor production but I use a sort of vaponic clone with thinner bowl now. A whole susceptor was too long to fit this bowl so I had to cut it, I put 2 shortened susceptors in this small bowl, no rivet but a bit of mesh in the bottom of the bowl. Sometime I pull out a susceptor to load concentrates on but sometimes I just fill the glass bowl+susceptors directly.

I have to find a friend with a phone able to upload the Lotolabs App in order to set my second device. The first is setted at 60%/100% so I would like to get the second at 60%/80%. The factory settings offer flavorfull hits but a bit lacking about vapor production.

PPN,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Mine works well but the airflow is very restricted.
Kinda. Sorta. Need more mass.
Is it a VapCap bowl+condenser with a glass sleeve ?
For concentrates or dryherb? (I suppose it's a glass bowl filled with susceptor but maybe it's a metal bowl used without susceptor and filled with herbs)
What are your settings? (factory setting is nice for flavor but doesn't offer a large vapor production)
Is your mod fits easily the Lux induction coil or is it a tight fit?

PPN,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Regular VapCap tip & cap. Lucy goosey, have to play with it more, if I wasn’t baked
Most of the time.....Factory settings.

Interesting form factor, but because of the shape (and gravity) it can easily fall out of your hands.

Something to look at.

stark1,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
So you are using the tip and cap directly inserted? and it's not an issue if the metal is in contact with the induction coil? it's amazing I thought it wasn't something to do...

Lucy goosey???! I don't understand what you mean here, I'm french... Are you vaping flowers too and using the Lux to heat the cap?

Sorry for all the questions...

PPN,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Will take it out again sometime when I get back today, got too busy with other stuff.

Have a glass insert.

stark1,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@PPN my thin walled glass liner broke.
A stopgap mouthpiece? Haha

—I want to adapt the lux so I can use a VapCap with it. Guess I will have to find
Another glass liner which fits.

8yxjis.jpg

stark1,

Seriouscollector420

After going through 40 pages of the history of this lotos lux I am flabbergasted there are alot of very smart and educated people on this forum and it took 2 hours of my life reading 40 pages of the history of this device.

I have the Legend and always followed the Indiego page on the lux, after buying the Legend I finally was crazily enough able to buy one of these prototype model of the now discontinued Lux. I charged the cheap battery but was so excited I used the concentrate capsule instead of the herb capsule and now wonder why nothing worked, but after reading the whole essay on this device in this forum I can conclude concentrates is the only way to go with the Loto Lux.

My question for those still out there as PPN said to not use the cheap mouthpiece or capsules but other things instead to make this unit work smoother, the Vaponic mouthpiece and Vaponic, are u saying I can take that thing and get the one component to fit in place of the mouthpiece to work better?

I am a new noob on this but a private collector I have given up the possibility of lotos labs ever helping from reading this entire thread, but possibly maybe others still in this thread have ideas on how to make this device work better if there is still interest in this device?

Thanks in advance..

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, welcome @Seriouscollector420 , great you get the Legend, not sure but I think we are only 3 members to own it here in FC.

About my mod for the Lux... yes it's basically a sort of Vaponic but sadly this one seems to be slightly too big to fit the Lux induction coil (but maybe if using enough strength). Personnaly I was lucky enough to get a sort of vaponic clone which is slightly thinner than the Vaponic, the bowl is thinner too and longer, I put susceptors and wax in the bowl.

The Vaponic clone is not sold anymore so you have to find a glass blower able to make one for you or give a check on ebay for glass test tube , 1cm diameter is good for the Lux (Vaponic is 1.1cm), and buy a vaponic for the rest and I think you will be good (maybe you'll have to diy the air inlet though...).

This was my idea but @stark1 used a Vapcap with a glass sleeve, I didn't tested his mod.

Seriouscollector420

Awesome and thanks for your reply, it looks like this will be a journey. I also have a awesome electric doctor who nail with egg bong attachment I put in a waterproof case and cut inserts out for travel, I also ordered all 3 of Mighty N Bickels portables, The Mighty, The Crafty, and the Plenty. These will be great for travel in the cannabis cup. I am excited about these but back to the thread of this topic.

I am going to use it for concentrates only at this point, I am going to try it once or twice and then it sounds like it is going back into the box until I can find some modded pipe to replace the white plastic mouth piece (I watched all the videos in this thread as well last night at first they did not have that mouthpiece plastic and white ) wonder why they changed it grrr..at any rate I will play with it.

I know a few glass blowers I think but I am not exactly sure what to ask them if you would be a noob to the question and I bring the Lux over, what exactly should I tell them j want done?

Thanks again in advance and again it is crazy the Legend works so well compared to the Lux but upon close examination of the thread it looks like they are copies from something else.

I am a collector, I have aspergers, I love to smoke and obsess and find all the latest tech gadgets and such many have not even heard of, this will be a fun project!!

Seriouscollector420,

Seriouscollector420

So I am still going to get the mouthpiece vapcap I think was suggested on here to get it too work.

But I just made 2 videos attempting to get the lux to work, understanding the magnetic functions of how the legend worked I thought it could work backwards.

I could not get it too work I tried 2 different things if anyone knows how that said on this forum they did get it to work, please let me know what I am doing wrong! I am seriouscollector420 on insta:, my account is private so you have to follow me to see the videos, or if anyone knows how to link them here. Thanks. Hope this isn't dead.

Seriouscollector420,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi @Seriouscollector420 what happens when you power it on? (3 clics and keep button pressed until light turn from pink to green), if used like intended don't expect a big vapor production especially if you kept the factory settings, you can see the vapor only with the adequat lightning.

Tested my mod with a true Vaponic, never tested before cause it seems very tight to insert and I was afraid to break something... but it works! Idk why but vapor take longer to raise than with my mod with thinner bowl, in the Vaponic I add a rivet to keep the susceptor straigth in the larger bowl.

Proceeded to 2 test bowls. First was vaping very well all the small dab, very minimal reclaim but the 2nd was a fail since most of the dab pourred in the Vaponic outer tube and inner tube before to be fully vaporized...
For my next try I'll add a bit of superfine mesh screen in both ends of the bowl. Taste stay surprisingly good for a few hits but it's more a session vape.

PPN,

Seriouscollector420

I think that's pretty cool though, because in figuring that part out, we just get a glass blower to make it smaller size so it won't feel that way.

I do not think I got any vapor except the taste of the wax I put in it, the battery is charged, but at the same time if its that small, I just would like to know how in loto labs videos showing it hit with much smoke and smooth hits...

Grrr..

Hi @Seriouscollector420 what happens when you power it on? (3 clics and keep button pressed until light turn from pink to green), if used like intended don't expect a big vapor production especially if you kept the factory settings, you can see the vapor only with the adequat lightning.

Tested my mod with a true Vaponic, never tested before cause it seems very tight to insert and I was afraid to break something... but it works! Idk why but vapor take longer to raise than with my mod with thinner bowl, in the Vaponic I add a rivet to keep the susceptor straigth in the larger bowl.

Proceeded to 2 test bowls. First was vaping very well all the small dab, very minimal reclaim but the 2nd was a fail since most of the dab pourred in the Vaponic outer tube and inner tube before to be fully vaporized...
For my next try I'll add a bit of superfine mesh screen in both ends of the bowl. Taste stay surprisingly good for a few hits but it's more a session vape.

Seriouscollector420,
Top Bottom