Liger banger V2.0

EpicNameGuy

I haven't really followed the Liger that much, but from what I gather it isn't currently compatible with a flat coil. True or false?

It sounds like the v3 isn't out, but will be compatible with a flat coil. If so, is there any type of ETA or just "it's ready when it's ready"?

EpicNameGuy,

Baron23

I haven't really followed the Liger that much, but from what I gather it isn't currently compatible with a flat coil. True or false?

It sounds like the v3 isn't out, but will be compatible with a flat coil. If so, is there any type of ETA or just "it's ready when it's ready"?
You are right. No skillet (flat) coil at present but 3.0 will support skillet coil. I believe that the 3.0 is out for beta testing. I don't think there is a published or committed release date yet, but I think its moving right along.

I believe it will also have facilities for a shrouded (covered) spiral coil.

@mrbonsai420 is, I believe, a beta tester and can probably give you more insight into schedule for 3.0.

By the by, while I am no expert on enails and dabbing at all, I am very, very pleased with CCA 710 as a company and the Liger Banger 2.0 I have. Great customer orientation, great guy running the show (Josh), and a great product that shows a LOT of thought in the details (and we all know where the devil is.....LOL)

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Look at Post 382 + 385

Hogni,

Danksta

After all the amazing things you folks have said regarding the Liger and Josh I decided to email him the other day asking about a possible preorder for the V3 and Sapphire dish. He was very friendly and happy to hear I was interested in supporting his movement. I quickly sent him the funds and I couldn't be more excited. I was sold purely on the reputation he has built with you guys. I know I'm in the right hands and chose the right setup. I highly suggest contacting him if you want to get the new setup on release day. Sounds like he will sell out fast.

How does the sapphire look?? Mine looks like Quartz??? I thought Sapphire looked like Cloudy!!!?? Also how the hell does the Liger Connect together??

Cannabis Connoisseur,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
We are here for you. Hey guys... Good news. The V3 just arrived at my door and it's a beauty! I know this is the V2 thread but I wanted to post here first! Should I start a V3 thread on it's own do you guys think? I have tons of pics and videos of the new stuff if you are interested in me posting it.

I received a 20mm barrel and 30mm flat coil version with Quartz and sic inserts. All joint bodies including what look like a little 10mm male and a 10mm female vhich is awesome for a little rig. Plus the 14/18m and 14/18F adapters. I still prefer the 20mm version to the 30mm but they are both amazing. The flat coil version needs to be run a little hotter IMO and takes longer to heat up. But once it's heat soaked it's capable of enormous dabs that would actually handle these 1 gram dabs kids are wasting and sucking into their rigs in IG videos I see lol. It may last 50 hits but it wouldn't be sucked into the water into reclaim. And the Hurricane cap is a winner, you want one ;)

33821116-6959-4917-8A86-BCE849EC746C_zpstlq1sbll.jpg

20mm
21DD0B35-79A4-4ABA-9A99-AC840E7D1D3D_zpsffgdj0yu.jpg

30mm
5BAC9E0A-0EAE-4A87-ADC8-0C9494EBD29A_zpsssybsupm.jpg

Last edited:

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
great shots mrbonsai! i had a stroke of bad luck, my regular non-hurricane carb cap got stuck in the top of the flat coil so hard on the first use i couldn't (and still can't) get it off. so goodbye entire flat coil body and new quartz insert ;( before you guys put your thinking caps on i tried everything, torching, tapping with hammer, trying to twist the cap off (twisted the dab handle off the threaded base..yeah..), wd-40, all to no avail. and i didn't shove the cap in, i just dropped it in. it's as if it bonded on a molecular level somehow. odd considering the inside rim has a curved lip design as you can see in the above pictures to prevent this but it's stuck nonetheless. so, i'll have to get a new flat coil body from Josh here this week and you'll see the flat coil the TT episode after this next one. part of R&D is trial and error, and i'm delighted to be part of the process every step of the way. everything mrbonsai said is spot on, the flat coil definitely takes some warming up but it is going to be amazing for photos, the thought of a macro vid of a bunch of 6* melting up on it....oooweee! the regular non-hurricane cap may have to undergo some revisions, but it's also possible i just got a bad one. we'll see! the hurricane cap function is badass and it looks like a flying saucer!

on a brighter note, the 30mm works phenomenally! i find that there is a bit of wiggle room for my amazon coil, so i grabbed 2 pairs of pliers and pulled the coil apart that way it snugly fits onto the Liger when i screw on the locking nut. i highly recommend doing this, as it will greatly increase heat transfer to the Liger via increased contact to coil. i did the same for the v2, but the v3 required the coil be stretched out a little more. make sure you stretch evenly and be gentle. i'll go over this in my full review of the Liger in the coming weeks.

for anyone not following my review segment Terpy Tuesday, i cover concentrates here on the west coast of the United States in California and my channel theCCC420 has upcoming collaborations with Bubbleman and the hash church crew :) link is in my signature!

We are here for you. Hey guys... Good news. The V3 just arrived at my door and it's a beauty! I know this is the V2 thread but I wanted to post here first! Should I start a V3 thread on it's own do you guys think? I have tons of pics and videos of the new stuff if you are interested in me posting it.

I received a 20mm barrel and 30mm flat coil version with Quartz and sic inserts. All joint bodies including what look like a little 10mm male and a 10mm female vhich is awesome for a little rig. Plus the 14/18m and 14/18F adapters. I still prefer the 20mm version to the 30mm but they are both amazing. The flat coil version needs to be run a little hotter IMO and takes longer to heat up. But once it's heat soaked it's capable of enormous dabs that would actually handle these 1 gram dabs kids are wasting and sucking into their rigs in IG videos I see lol. It may last 50 hits but it wouldn't be sucked into the water into reclaim. And the Hurricane cap is a winner, you want one ;)

33821116-6959-4917-8A86-BCE849EC746C_zpstlq1sbll.jpg

20mm
21DD0B35-79A4-4ABA-9A99-AC840E7D1D3D_zpsffgdj0yu.jpg

30mm
5BAC9E0A-0EAE-4A87-ADC8-0C9494EBD29A_zpsssybsupm.jpg

great shots mrbonsai! i had a stroke of bad luck, my regular non-hurricane carb cap got stuck in the top of the flat coil so hard on the first use i couldn't (and still can't) get it off. so goodbye entire flat coil body and new quartz insert ;( before you guys put your thinking caps on i tried everything, torching, tapping with hammer, trying to twist the cap off (twisted the dab handle off the threaded base..yeah..), wd-40, all to no avail. and i didn't shove the cap in, i just dropped it in. it's as if it bonded on a molecular level somehow. odd considering the inside rim has a curved lip design as you can see in the above pictures to prevent this but it's stuck nonetheless. so, i'll have to get a new flat coil body from Josh here this week and you'll see the flat coil the TT episode after this next one. part of R&D is trial and error, and i'm delighted to be part of the process every step of the way. everything mrbonsai said is spot on, the flat coil definitely takes some warming up but it is going to be amazing for photos, the thought of a macro vid of a bunch of 6* melting up on it....oooweee! the regular non-hurricane cap may have to undergo some revisions, but it's also possible i just got a bad one. we'll see! the hurricane cap function is badass and it looks like a flying saucer!

on a brighter note, the 30mm works phenomenally! i find that there is a bit of wiggle room for my amazon coil, so i grabbed 2 pairs of pliers and pulled the coil apart that way it snugly fits onto the Liger when i screw on the locking nut. i highly recommend doing this, as it will greatly increase heat transfer to the Liger via increased contact to coil. i did the same for the v2, but the v3 required the coil be stretched out a little more. make sure you stretch evenly and be gentle. i'll go over this in my full review of the Liger in the coming weeks.

for anyone not following my review segment Terpy Tuesday, i cover concentrates here on the west coast of the United States in California and my channel theCCC420 has upcoming collaborations with Bubbleman and the hash church crew :) link is in my signature!
Ok ! Am i missing something guys??? First of all I don't have my Flat coil it hasnt arrived in the mail from DNAIL, But did the Sapphire not ship out??? I didn't order Quartz only Sapphire that's why I'm confused on the insert i got. I'm fairly certain its Quartz

Cannabis Connoisseur,

Baron23

Ok ! Am i missing something guys??? First of all I don't have my Flat coil it hasnt arrived in the mail from DNAIL, But did the Sapphire not ship out??? I didn't order Quartz only Sapphire that's why I'm confused on the insert i got. I'm fairly certain its Quartz
I'm pretty confused on how you were able to order sapphire insert and flat coil as the 3.0 is not available for order yet and is just out to beta testers. :hmm:

Baron23,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

I don't think sapphire has shipped, no. Josh just gave you a free quartz insert to get you going and your sapphire will go out when it arrives. Just email him if you need to but I will ask him today.

Same thing happened to mine Chase, Took me an hour, some iso, a torch and an ice cube to get them apart! HAHA, That's why we are beta testers I guess ;). I have already emailed josh on a simple remedy and PM me for the trick on releasing it!

As far as the 30mm I love it but I still prefer the 20mm. The 20mm v3 is even sweeter. What temps are you running the 30mm?

I am testing the fuck out of these Ligers over here. Just ate one of my famous reclaim brownies and I am in the middle of extensive testing! I hope I don't dab myself retarded, I have cirque du soleil toruk to go to tonight with my girl!
64650FD0-3FAC-4CEE-8EF0-E8887EDF2920_zpsriyjbg3h.jpg

95A9F514-E340-4774-B0D4-5C5D5A7FC339_zps3rbjjlzz.jpg

I have bumped up the temps since these first tests of the 30mm, but your right. It's nice for the camera shots and yours are always much better than mine.

Last edited:

jl420

I asked Josh at CCA about Liger v3 & Sapphire inserts and this was his message...

"Unfortunately the public release will not be ready until October. I am currently ironing out all the small bugs to ensure the 3.0 is ready to be set free!
The sapphire inserts are unfortunately being made in limited quantities due to the complexity of the manufacturing process. The extreme standard I have for my other products was difficult to reproduce with sapphire: specifically the finished polish level I am demanding. Most sapphire has a very dull, opaque & rough look due to very poor surface finishes. I am shooting to have my sapphire inserts 100% clear/transparent, which is the highest polish level possible (only achievable via custom Diamond tools). Out of the 20+ companies I was in communication with, only 1 is able to produce the Sapphire to my spec. Having a perfect surface finish is vital for the overall strength & durability of the material. A precision polished flat surface is more inert, making it easier to clean & stronger over extended use.

Due to the extreme cost per Sapphire product (machining setup fees are $$$$) I will only be selling Sapphire for the Flat Coil Ligers. If demand is high enough, I may consider having a Sapphire insert made for 20mm Ligers as well."

Hope this helps any curious minds out there...

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

The Beta testers have it in hand but there are still a few bugs to be worked out before release. I am thinking October maybe?

mrbonsai420,

herbivore21

I asked Josh at CCA about Liger v3 & Sapphire inserts and this was his message...

"Unfortunately the public release will not be ready until October. I am currently ironing out all the small bugs to ensure the 3.0 is ready to be set free!
The sapphire inserts are unfortunately being made in limited quantities due to the complexity of the manufacturing process. The extreme standard I have for my other products was difficult to reproduce with sapphire: specifically the finished polish level I am demanding. Most sapphire has a very dull, opaque & rough look due to very poor surface finishes. I am shooting to have my sapphire inserts 100% clear/transparent, which is the highest polish level possible (only achievable via custom Diamond tools). Out of the 20+ companies I was in communication with, only 1 is able to produce the Sapphire to my spec. Having a perfect surface finish is vital for the overall strength & durability of the material. A precision polished flat surface is more inert, making it easier to clean & stronger over extended use.

Due to the extreme cost per Sapphire product (machining setup fees are $$$$) I will only be selling Sapphire for the Flat Coil Ligers. If demand is high enough, I may consider having a Sapphire insert made for 20mm Ligers as well."

Hope this helps any curious minds out there...
As I have said for a long time now, sapphire manufacturing is absolutely bleeding-edge and not something that many manufacturers will be able to do in the near future (and if they can it is going to be limited and expensive!), save for breakthroughs in the manufacturing process (which will no doubt come one day).

Still, I hope you guys get a chance to try sapphire sometime soon, it really is so outstanding.

By the way, @KimDracula as the longest-term user of sapphire on FC - I'll put it this way:

I own D-nail's sapphire, quartz and SiC halos.

I use the SiC when I am limited to torch use only. I use the Sapphire exclusively on my enail as my daily driver. I do not use the quartz at all.

Sapphire has a substantially better taste in A/B comparison over SiC. It also vaporizes very effectively, similarly to SiC vs the comparatively inferior vaporization/heating of quartz.

IMO the question of whether to get sapphire or not when the opportunity emerges is as follows: can I afford it? If your answer here is yes, then do it :)

If you can't either afford or access sapphire just now, then SiC is the best option of course IMO.

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
What temps do you use with the flat coil on the V3?

Silat,

Gonzo_da_wind

As I have said for a long time now, sapphire manufacturing is absolutely bleeding-edge and not something that many manufacturers will be able to do in the near future (and if they can it is going to be limited and expensive!), save for breakthroughs in the manufacturing process (which will no doubt come one day).

Still, I hope you guys get a chance to try sapphire sometime soon, it really is so outstanding.

By the way, @KimDracula as the longest-term user of sapphire on FC - I'll put it this way:

I own D-nail's sapphire, quartz and SiC halos.

I use the SiC when I am limited to torch use only. I use the Sapphire exclusively on my enail as my daily driver. I do not use the quartz at all.

Sapphire has a substantially better taste in A/B comparison over SiC. It also vaporizes very effectively, similarly to SiC vs the comparatively inferior vaporization/heating of quartz.

IMO the question of whether to get sapphire or not when the opportunity emerges is as follows: can I afford it? If your answer here is yes, then do it :)

If you can't either afford or access sapphire just now, then SiC is the best option of course IMO.
Ok so for a long time now ai have been aware that thos is the most common generalized conception held by advocates of using the specialized advanced materials for you heat transfering surface when dabbing. And I will not argue that as an owner of both tbe SiC insert and the quartz I can from personal experience say that yes SiC is superior to quartz. BUT THIS is easily explained BY SiC being a bettef thermal conductor as pure Silica Glass which is refeed to as fused quartz is just simply a poor thermal conductor and does transfer the heat well enough to evenly disperse it throughout the material creating a hotter and colder portions of the materail. While SiC will tend to have a evenly heated surface due to it high rate of thermal tranfer allowing greater heat dispersion.
Now in regards oomparing the use of SiC vs Sapphire use a a heat transfering surface to dab off of I have not heard the plaind factual explaination as to what phyiscal characteristics of saphire make it better than SiC as a heat transfer surface And how . Can someone explain why saphire is more desirable other than its spendy which is always trendy.

Top Bottom