RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@SquirrelMaster Thats so awesome :)
I've actually gotta get some more adapters made up. Aside from a few dosing pod versions, I'm all out! Everything is cut and prepped, Ive just gotta turn them.

Do the S&B dosing capsules fit directly into the bottom of your wood adapter, or just get pushed down on top of the capsule, when it’s in something like a Stempod? The photos on your site did not show the bottom of the wood adapter.

I tried a capsule on the bottom of a Stempod, with the standard 18mm glass mouthpieces just holding them down as the opening of a 18mm glass joint is too small to directly fit a capsule, but it did not vape well. Thanks.

RustyOldNail,

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
@RustyOldNail The dosing pods fit in the stem, and then the stem goes into the device. They are held into the stem by the taper of the pod, and stop at the lid allowing you to enough finger grip to pull it out when you're done with it.

Here's a picture of what I mean..
IMG_20200506_140943_653.jpg

@SonicBacon Nice!!! Looks like its still going strong! That purple is really starting to pop too! Im so happy that you are still enjoying it. So crazy that it's already been 10 months!!! Time flies when you're having fun! :rockon:

SonicBacon

@SonicBacon Nice!!! Looks like its still going strong! That purple is really starting to pop too! Im so happy that you are still enjoying it. So crazy that it's already been 10 months!!! Time flies when you're having fun! :rockon:

I must admit that I have been babying the stem. It gets used almost daily but stored out of sunlight in a protective tube after every session, and it gets oiled regularly. I am really looking forward to the RBT adapter and the gentlemen's basic stem is going to look amazing on my Splinter Z/Milaana. Many thanks.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Made a few stems for some really awesome community members yesterday. Gonna be sending them to their new homes very soon!

The first one on the left is made from Roman Olive wood, 4000+ year old Bog Oak, and a cross cut section of Bethlehem Olive wood with copper accents.
The one on the right is made from my original stock (over a year old) of Black Palm with copper crowns. Can't wait to see what they think!

20200603_124536-01.jpeg

im not a robot

I may have to find an alternative cooling options for the custom stems. Perhaps something like glass beads. If anyone has any suggestions on how to keep things cool, I would totally be open to hearing them!
sorry no suggestions here, but i would love that. the cooling unit works really well on the tinymight, but i also enjoy the grav stem for variation every once in a while, flavour and feel is just different. obviously i would very much welcome a kgwoodcrafts tinymight mouthpiece, but particularly so if the experience deviated a bit from the tm stockstem i think. i have nothing against the cooling unit, and i know a lot of people would not want to miss it, i just like variation. so yes maybe glassbeads, or sth akin to lamart's a-maze cooler? i haven't tried either, dont know how to keep things cool.. i would be interested regardless, it obviously will look great.
also wondering if there could be a way to securely fit mighty dosing caps in the stem? that would make a lot of people happy i think.

SonicBacon

This beauty arrived this afternoon just in time for 4:20. It feels so nice in the hand, with a fine balance of smooth/textured surfaces. I'm a few bowls in with it now and it's hard to take a nice picture with a potato for a camera but here goes...

Attachments

• IMG_2718.JPG
    IMG_2718.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2722.JPG
    IMG_2722.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2723.JPG
    IMG_2723.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Ahh!! I love it! I hope you're enjoying it. I try and give them a classic tobacco pipe feel and vibe with the textures :sherlock:. Making the Gentleman's Line is one of my favorite kind of stems to do. There's so much that goes into them, and when I step back and see the finished product, it just makes me smile.

Also, while I'm posting, thought I would show off a @Rastabuddhatao Tulip Stem that I just finished, made from Bubinga. It'll be going out today to a good friend :cheers:

20200609_122222.jpg

Last edited:

The Rogue Wax Works

Accessory Maker
I would show off my @Khelek41girl custom stem which is amazing, but you beat me too it. Its the very first pictured in this post!

I definitely need to get one of those shorty wood stems for my @Rastabuddhatao Milaana and Z

Wow! I love Olive Wood and that Black Palm is out of this world. If you have some left Please make me an RBT stem out of it.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
20200609_155408(1)-01.jpeg

@The Rogue Wax Works Unfortunately, that Black Palm was the very last of the stock that I had! (I can always order more for you if you would like, though I probably wouldn't recommend it for an RBT stem.) Black Palm is a really strange wood that is almost like a mixture of Balsa Wood and splintered Ebony bits. Its both hard and soft at the same time and really does need to have some sort of liner to give it structural stability. Olive Wood on the other hand is an excellent wood for turning. If you ever want one from that or another piece of wood (for either a Dynavap or Splinter Stem), I would be happy to make one for you!

As for YOUR stem...I couldn't help but show it off!! It is one of my crowning achievements to this date! With 21 separate pieces involved, it was quite the project, and I am very proud of how it turned out! Whenever you send over your Splinter for that repair, we can work out the details on what you would like to come home in the box with it ;)

The Rogue Wax Works

Accessory Maker
As for YOUR stem...I couldn't help but show it off!! It is one of my crowning achievements to this date!

I was extremely psyched to see it at the top. I did not want to assume but thought it might be one of your favorites.

As for the Black Palm, thats too bad because that is some of the most striking wood I have ever seen. We will have to talk about what would work. Im leaning towards something that contrasts the Ipe of the M3.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
So I had the pleasure of making this beauty today and ohhh boooy did it turn out pretty! I don't do Galaxy Burl often because....well...I don't really have a good reason lol! I guess I just don't think to order the blanks! I had a request for a Purple Galaxy stem though, and so I picked some up! As it turns out, this one might end up still being for sale, but I will let you all know tomorrow for sure in case anyone is interested! Their loss, (Not really, they are still getting a Purple Galaxy Burl stem one way or another) MAY be your gain!

This stem was just too pretty not to show off though, so I had to post it!
20200611_163627(1)-01-01[1].jpegPhotoGrid_1591919206900[1].jpg

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Yesterday, I finished up this gorgeous sibling set of Amboyna Burl and Malachite TruStone stems!

The Amboyna is so vibrant and colorful, and the Malachite is just so special! This was my first time working with TruStone and boy is it tough stuff! About the only thing that worked was my carbide chisel! My other regular chisels dulled within 5 minutes of struggling to work.
For those that don't know, TrueStone is where they pulverize a type of stone, in this case the semi-precious stone Malachite. They then add natural pigments along with resin to reconstruct a blank that can then be turned. The blank contains 85% semi-precious stone... Hence why it's so tough on tools!
PhotoGrid_1592596121878.jpg
20200619_152255(1)-01.jpeg
20200619_152637(1)-01.jpeg
20200619_152939(1)-01.jpeg
20200619_152813(1)-01.jpeg

I really love how they turned out. They will be either sold off individually or together as a set, at a discount. They haven't hit my website yet, but they are available. (EDIT: Sale Pending)

(Also thought it was worth noting that @The Pucc Grinder in the first pic is really freaking awesome. Highly recommend going and checking out his stuff!)

Happy weekend everyone!

Last edited:

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Ok, so this is totally not KGWoodcrafts product related, however, I am going to put this out here because I am really trying to find help for a customer of mine.

While working out the details of a custom order for a Dynavap stem, my customer notified me and let me know that their Mighty died while in the middle of treatment. They asked for my help, and this is the only way I know how. So, while we have put the custom order on hold for the time being, I have made it a mission of mine to find a replacement portable heavy hitter for my customer and canna-friend who is in immediate need of a replacement!

It doesn't matter if the vape is used or new, as long as it is in good condition and works. This is for a medical patient in need of sever pain relief during treatment. They are not needing a 'microdoser' vape. They need a hard hitting portable heavy class vape.

I love this community so much, and the people in it have become my friends. I don't have any other way to help at the moment other than to call on the good people that made me fall in love with this community to begin with, so I am calling for help.

If anyone (located in the US) has a heavy hitting portable vape that they are not using and would like to donate, please PM me and let me know what you have. They need it ASAP as they are currently undergoing treatment.

Thank you in advance for being such an awesome community!

Top Bottom