khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
@Rendawg90 nice!!! How close did we get on matching the Macacauba to the Ipe wood of the Mi3? Were they close enough? I don't have a Mi3 so I just had to go off the color from pictures. I think the Macacauba has black flecks in it, but the color seemed close. Hope you're enjoying it!!

Khelek41girl,
Reactions: rendawg90

rendawg90

@Rendawg90 nice!!! How close did we get on matching the Macacauba to the Ipe wood of the Mi3? Were they close enough? I don't have a Mi3 so I just had to go off the color from pictures. I think the Macacauba has black flecks in it, but the color seemed close. Hope you're enjoying it!!
You did a great job matching the Mi3. Thanks again for helping me pick it out.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Love my KGWoodcrafts...

resized-IMG-20200519-201659edit.jpg

resized-IMG-20200519-201505edit.jpg

He's been really turning out some beautiful stems lately! He put out this square bog oak stem yesterday that is just so unique!

Wow, that square bog stem is awesome – is that an acrylic mouthpiece? Looks totally fascinating!

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
@Siebter It is!! He picked up some really high quality acrylic that is used for tobacco pipes and has been doing some really great stuff with them! He's got a bunch more up on the website, each with its own unique look and color. Hes really upping his game lately!

Khelek41girl,
Reactions: Siebter

Nomad #111

@Khelek41girl Your pieces look wonderful. Do you ship workdwide?

edit: I just tried to place an order with you but it was not accepted. Anything we can do?

Last edited:
Nomad #111,

Zoltani

Such beautiful work!

Which of your stems, besides the gentlemans executive, fit the dynastash?

Do they all contain a hole for the "carb"?

How do you recommend cleaning?

Thanks so much!

Zoltani,

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
@Nomad #111 Hey there! Currently, with everything going on in the world right now, we have had to restrict our shipping to the US and Canada. International shipments (over seas) are not at all reliable, and while we have made a few exceptions, we have had issues with packages getting lost as well as getting hung up in limbo by customs. I am presently still waiting on an order that I placed from Germany for a Vapman that was sent out nearly 2 months ago. So unfortunately, international orders will have to wait until there is a bit more consistency in our shipping industry.

@Obsessed2 There it is!!!! The very first stem that I ever sold!!! Man, can you believe its been just over a year?!? (Feels like much longer honestly!) Things have changed a bit since that stem lol. I still have the original photo. I actually still have a bit of that Teak left too! It was sentimental to you for your own reasons, but now it has become sentimental to me as well, since it really is responsible for jump-starting KGWoodcrafts! Without your purchase and support along with my birthday tabletop lathe from my fiance, none of this would have ever been possible! I owe you a huge thank you! Perhaps I will save that last bit of Teak for a special project in the future...just for you ;)
PhotoGrid_1590098846356[1].jpg

@Zoltani Thank you! 🤗
We generally don't do many stems that fit in a standard stash, however, custom work can always be done to make that happen. We have a custom order form on our site where you can request stems using special woods, dimensions, carb holes, etc!
As for cleaning instructions, all of our current stems are lined with 316 surgical stainless steel, so you can use ISO on the INSIDE to clean the residue. Just pay careful attention to not get any on the wood, as this could damage it.

SquirrelMaster

@khelek41
It's a beauty for sure. I feel like a boss whenever I pull it out 😁. It's my vape version of suiting up 😎 and I'll treasure it always.

When I came across your new adapter that allows for use with an 18mm joint my first thought was that I could use that particular stem with one of my RBT vapes. I'll get one ordered when I get my rings order further along.

Have you had a chance to make any Tinymight stems? I thought I remember seeing something recently but I may have imagined that.

Nomad #111

@Nomad #111 Hey there! Currently, with everything going on in the world right now, we have had to restrict our shipping to the US and Canada. International shipments (over seas) are not at all reliable, and while we have made a few exceptions, we have had issues with packages getting lost as well as getting hung up in limbo by customs. I am presently still waiting on an order that I placed from Germany for a Vapman that was sent out nearly 2 months ago. So unfortunately, international orders will have to wait until there is a bit more consistency in our shipping industry.

@Obsessed2 There it is!!!! The very first stem that I ever sold!!! Man, can you believe its been just over a year?!? (Feels like much longer honestly!) Things have changed a bit since that stem lol. I still have the original photo. I actually still have a bit of that Teak left too! It was sentimental to you for your own reasons, but now it has become sentimental to me as well, since it really is responsible for jump-starting KGWoodcrafts! Without your purchase and support along with my birthday tabletop lathe from my fiance, none of this would have ever been possible! I owe you a huge thank you! Perhaps I will save that last bit of Teak for a special project in the future...just for you ;)
View attachment 476

@Zoltani Thank you! 🤗
We generally don't do many stems that fit in a standard stash, however, custom work can always be done to make that happen. We have a custom order form on our site where you can request stems using special woods, dimensions, carb holes, etc!
As for cleaning instructions, all of our current stems are lined with 316 surgical stainless steel, so you can use ISO on the INSIDE to clean the residue. Just pay careful attention to not get any on the wood, as this could damage it.
Fair enough. However it would be nice to know that before searching your store, making a choice, entering my billing details and then told no. Big waste of my time and you certainly did not require my billing information.

Nomad #111,

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
@SquirrelMaster Thats so awesome :)
I've actually gotta get some more adapters made up. Aside from a few dosing pod versions, I'm all out! Everything is cut and prepped, Ive just gotta turn them.
As for the TM stems, I have made 2 so far. One of them was unusable though, so I had to toss that one. I was experimenting with some Peach wood and after I made the stem, found out that Peach wood is toxic! So ya, no peach wood stem requests haha! As for the other one, it was made of birds eye maple and was quite successful! The issue that I am facing with the TM stems is that the tolerance has to be so perfect with the inside to get the cooling unit to fit properly. I may have to find an alternative cooling options for the custom stems. Perhaps something like glass beads. If anyone has any suggestions on how to keep things cool, I would totally be open to hearing them!
Screenshot_20200522-095710(1).pngPhotoGrid_1590157216086.jpgScreenshot_20200522-095641(1).pngPhotoGrid_1590157257383.jpg

@Nomad #111 Im really sorry about that! Our website is hosted through a company called WIX, so we have to follow their parameters on how billing is processed. Unfortunately there is no way around that. That is one of those features that we simply don't have control of. We have the ability to change billing preferences from say PayPal to Google Pay, but how things are actually processed are up to them and how they have things set up.

Last edited:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Nice work @Khelek41girl
Have you ever tried an adjustable reamer to achieve tight tolerances in the hole through your wood tubes? They are available in many different sizes. I use them all the time to get glass insert tubes to fit inside of my wood tubes since there is quite a bit of variation in the glass diameter of a particular size. One of the challenges in working with glass. Having the right tool always makes the difference. The reamer does a great job of smoothing the wood inside the hole too.
Happy turning.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
I have not, but that is very interesting!! I'm definitely going to have to look into that for sure, because that would make life a whole lot easier! Are there any in particular that you would recommend?

Khelek41girl,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
The size I use most for my 19/22mm roasting tubes is a 2A which is also called H3. It ranges from 11 to 12mm (7/16" to 15/32). I also have a size A or H4 (12 to 13.5mm) for 1/2" & 13mm glass tubes. Smaller sizes work great for getting ss tubes to fit snugly into wood tubes. As a rule of thumb; the higher the price, the higher the quality. It looks like they can be re-sharpened when they get worn. A good idea to have an adjustable reamer for each specific task so you don't need to adjust it each time.
I have found the reamers to be a great tool for wood working. I use a 1:10 tapered reamer to create the 19/22mm female tapered hole for the iHeat. Easier than using a lathe like I had been doing initially. The same tapered reamer will also do a 14/20mm female tapered hole.

Top Bottom