PPN

TopGreen X-Max Representative
Company Rep
Here a new french brand and its vaporizers, it's Katalyzer, they offer bubblers, vaping accessories and some cheap butane vaporizers:

first is the Katalyste https://lacentralevapeur.com/vaporisateurs-portables/23192893-vaporisateur-le-katalyste.html

vaporisateur-le-katalyste.jpg

And they released recently "Le Testeur" which looks like a Gnôme and might taste very good:
Here the full vape
le-testeur.jpg

Here the "heater" which looks like an Elev8r heater
le-testeur.jpg

I still not tested this one but I hope to be able to test it very soon, I compared it to a Gnôme but finally it's more a sort of mini Elev8r, isn't it?

Abysmal Vapor

Saturnine in my mind
:D 1) Vapolution Pocket Vape 2) Elev8r in 14mm
Build quality is on par with the pricing from the looks. A nice affordable option. First one is no different than a one-hitter though :).

PPN

Company Rep
Yes I believe "Le Testeur" to be the real deal! About glass quality I can't say although I got a Katalyzer DynaVap stem (similar to the hula stem) and it's thick solid glass so, who know, it may be better than expected. The Vapocane is/was sold for a similar price and it's a true decent vaporizer imo.

Dutch-Mic

Here a new french brand and its vaporizers, it's Katalyzer, they offer bubblers, vaping accessories and some cheap butane vaporizers:

first is the Katalyste https://lacentralevapeur.com/vaporisateurs-portables/23192893-vaporisateur-le-katalyste.html

vaporisateur-le-katalyste.jpg

And they released recently "Le Testeur" which looks like a Gnôme and might taste very good:
Here the full vape
le-testeur.jpg

Here the "heater" which looks like an Elev8r heater
le-testeur.jpg

I still not tested this one but I hope to be able to test it very soon, I compared it to a Gnôme but finally it's more a sort of mini Elev8r, isn't it?

Have you tested this one @PPN ?

I would love to see a rig version of this one, a mini version of the Elev8r.

Vape Soda

Sparkling !
Have you tested this one @PPN ?

I would love to see a rig version of this one, a mini version of the Elev8r.
I have bought the „le testeur“ and also own an Elev8r. The testeur is great for microdosing, but I doubt it would be great on a rig. Heat retention and airflow are not on par with an Elev8r. The bowl is very narrow and can’t be packed to full/tight. You can use it like a sticky brick by torching trough the inlet hole but I find it hard to not combust this way. Other than that it’s a great little vape! You get a great experience for 25€. I can torch the hell out of that little heater and practically never combust. You can add conduction by torching the tube that holds the herb and extract about 0.05g in 1-2 nice hits. The hits are smooth the flavour is nice and cooling is acceptable. It’s feels like a convection Dynavap. Give it a try if you don’t mind spending 25€!

Dutch-Mic

Thank you for your reply @Vape Soda! Maybe I'll buy the rig version of the Elev8r with - hopefully - a smaller bowl and add the Testeur, just to test it 😊.

Dutch-Mic,
Reactions: Vape Soda

Vape Soda

Sparkling !
Thank you for your reply @Vape Soda! Maybe I'll buy the rig version of the Elev8r with - hopefully - a smaller bowl and add the Testeur, just to test it 😊.
Sounds like a good plan (speaking from my own experience) :D ! The rig kit can be used dry with a j-hook, which I think is a lot better than the Elev8r wand. Have fun 🤩

Vape Soda,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Funny to see this. I have a bunch of prototypes for this same concept. I would agree with @Vape Soda, the design is good for micro dosing but I was never able to extract the performance I wanted without as much heat as an Elev8r. I would definitely be interested in trying this one

Last edited:

PPN

Company Rep
Yes I tested Le Testeur! In my opinion it's a pretty good small vaporizer considering the price, it's only 24.90€. Although it doesn't have the power of the Elev8r. The heat retention isn't on the same level.

I used 2 differents heating technics:

- first is similar to the Elev8r, heat it until it begins to glow orange/red and hit it slowly in order to keep that little heat retention. Nice technic for one hit small bowls (or 2 hits...). Large torch used but smaller can do the trick I believe, just not so fast.
- the other was recommended to me by one of the Katalyzer brand founder, start with 4-6s heating, and I start to draw while I continue to heat (just be carefull to keep your flame away of the air inlet... it's not a Sticky Brick!) until I'm satisfied. Works well with bigger load and some stirs between hits. Be carefull to remove the tip with protection for your fingers (I use a silicon stuff).

Taste may be very good if you don't heat it up too much, a bit annoyed cause there is a sort of tunneling effect very noticeable using it without any stirs (green bits around and blackened center). I may be able to find a fix using boro balls in the heater, not only this is add more retention and more air volume heated but this is add turbulences for a better extraction and less tunneling effect.

I think they are working on that topic in order to improve Le Testeur!

Top Bottom