• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

KandyPens Oura

WOLFXXXXX

The Oura I ordered is arriving tomorrow...

As a consumer, I'm more concerned about preserving flavor and with a smoother vaping experience (on my lungs) - I don't care much about producing large vapor clouds and with being able to take huge hits... So I'm thinking I'm likely to utilize this device on the lower two temperature settings... I'm also thinking I'll be inclined to do cold starts...

I was wondering if anyone had any general usage tips/advice for new users that might be helpful?

Thanks in advance....

Charge the batteries fully before first use (same with any lithium batteries), the burn-offs can't hurt plus it will help you familiarize yourself with the unit before adding trates.

Thank you... Appreciate the response....

Last edited by a moderator:

EVlL 55

...hello.
Im not exactly sure if my stock atty runs hot...i say this because i see people in reviews & whatnot ripping it on Red..or even the highest..being Blue...
I have an extensive rig(s) setup & got this to use in other rooms..not as a driver...w/ that said i start in the green...otherwise..it will scorch the material.
And im cool w/ that...the green setting for me is a perfect balance of flavor & satisfying vapor.
I picked up a spare in case the OG craps out...its covered but its something to use in the immediate just in case....ill have to compare them.
Another thing i noticed is this device...like just about all vapes..is it likes to be warm...after a few rounds it really shines.
One user-error i had was always wanting to hit it too soon.....if you wait a few extra seconds its very much worth it.
Like the other devices of this nature its glass & cap possibilities are large....not that the stock glass & cap are bad...they work fine.
...biggest con however,..for me is the "touch sensitive" button...a click if some kind would make a world of difference...but you get used to holding it in such a way that you don't accidentally touch the button...but initially??..not so much.
W/ the bumper 2 bumper warranty,..build & performance it has made me not regret my purchase in the least...time will tell but i feel confident enough in the device to be able to easily keep up with the reasons i personally bought it.

WOLFXXXXX

...hello.
W/ the bumper 2 bumper warranty,..build & performance it has made me not regret my purchase in the least...time will tell but i feel confident enough in the device to be able to easily keep up with the reasons i personally bought it.

Thanks!

WOLFXXXXX,
Reactions: EVlL 55

LabPong

...hello.
Im not exactly sure if my stock atty runs hot...i say this because i see people in reviews & whatnot ripping it on Red..or even the highest..being Blue...
I have an extensive rig(s) setup & got this to use in other rooms..not as a driver...w/ that said i start in the green...otherwise..it will scorch the material.
And im cool w/ that...the green setting for me is a perfect balance of flavor & satisfying vapor.
I picked up a spare in case the OG craps out...its covered but its something to use in the immediate just in case....ill have to compare them.
Another thing i noticed is this device...like just about all vapes..is it likes to be warm...after a few rounds it really shines.
One user-error i had was always wanting to hit it too soon.....if you wait a few extra seconds its very much worth it.
Like the other devices of this nature its glass & cap possibilities are large....not that the stock glass & cap are bad...they work fine.
...biggest con however,..for me is the "touch sensitive" button...a click if some kind would make a world of difference...but you get used to holding it in such a way that you don't accidentally touch the button...but initially??..not so much.

The temp you use will differ pending on what you put in it. Some concentrates need a higher temp to extract well.....and others do not need as much heat to get close to the same results. I find green a good place to start. I use Red towards the end to extract it all out....but some concentrates would need to use red after 2-3 draws on green just to warm it up to speed without scorching the load some.

I do cold starts and just feather the heater for 1 to 2 draws at a time. I do not like to leave the heater on and not draw on it for very long at all....maybe 5 seconds at the most. This helps to no scorch the material as fast. This way I can extract slowly and get more draws out of a session...as opposed to trying to make this Oura function like a full dab rig where you are extracting super quick in comparison.

I guess I am more inclined to get the best taste I can out of it....and because it is pretty easy to use once you get it figured out...and low draw resistance...I like taking as many medium sized hits as possible after the initial couple warm up draws.

But it is easy for me to overload it and then end up making it a 2 session load where I may have the vape off for 10-30 mins before I finish and clean it out. But beware....cleaning the cup out right when you take the last draw makes for the best cleaning ability with 2-3 qtips. I usually swipe the cup out first with a dry qtip and then follow up quickly with 1-2 water dampened qtip swipes. There will be times you are going to need some ISO to get the job done.....I suggest getting extra cups so you can swap out while another is soaking. I like having a spotless cup each time.

And as for what to do when you first get one....like any vape...clean it out as best and thorough as you can and do a few burn offs....though with this vape you really only need to clean the thing out as best as possible ...I even wiped out the atomizer insides where the vapor travels through before it goes into the vape body and glass.

WOLFXXXXX

That little hole in the carp cap - should I be holding my finger over the carb cap (plugging the hole) when the device is heating up? Or only when taking draws?

WOLFXXXXX,

EVlL 55

...i picked up a topper from Dirk Diggler Glass in ghost orange w/ a matching cap.
200 bucks...should be here tomorrow.

...available tops.

Last edited:
EVlL 55,
Reactions: Summer

LabPong

Is this the first aftermarket glass for the Oura? Id like to see other designs.....that one does not excite me over the stock one.

LabPong,

EVlL 55

You would have to look for yourself for what excites you personally & what other styles are available.
I was just posting my gear to give others an idea of what's possible so far.
...i get you dont like the "style"..or "look" over the stock piece...im sure there will be many many more inall kinds of styles....but i personally really like the style of this particular one over the stock.

Last edited:
EVlL 55,

LabPong

You would have to look for yourself for what excites you personally & what other styles are available.
I was just posting my gear to give others an idea of what's possible so far.
...i get you dont like the "style"..or "look" over the stock piece...im sure there will be many many more inall kinds of styles....but i personally really like the style of this particular one over the stock.

Please do not get me wrong...I am not at all chiding you for your selection. I just do not like the mouth piece area with it's limited angle of use....ie you need to be more straight over the mp while your head is pointing down towards the floor....I cant stand hitting vapes/rigs like that. I like to keep my head horizontal and be able to hit the mouth piece. That just looks hard with that type of design.

That and I only like scientific glass....I do not like colored glass hiding any gunk so I know when to clean....and I clean very often.

I am happy to see 3rd party Oura glass.....I just wish I knew of other's besides this one. Thanks for posting this up.

EVlL 55

...this is pretty funny...i actually only used to use scientific glass for the same reasons...especially functionality.
Not too long ago i took a toro out its case to a very visible white line completely around the can....iv been trying everything to get it gone.
I now have anxiety w/ all my clear glass...im almost afraid to use it out of fear of water staining...i fill...and final rinse w/ distilled water too...
So iv been using my heady,colored glass almost exclusively.
But yea...like i said...w/ the Oura glass its just a matter of time i think until theres a bunch of attachments in every persuasion.
Also after using it more & more the touch button is easy as is the overall operation of it.

Eatrocks

0130201544.jpg

Popped a low resistance peak coil in. Glowing red!! Testing tonight with a fitting sic Insert that's thinner than the stock ceramic!

First pic is heating on blue, 2nd heat up on red. Comparison between the sic and stock Oura ceramic
https://ibb.co/sqBgG9N
https://ibb.co/WxJ4GH7
https://ibb.co/QrcXB3L
https://ibb.co/Gc2BMyc

Last edited:

VerdamperLover

0130201544.jpg

Popped a low resistance peak coil in. Glowing red!! Testing tonight with a fitting sic Insert that's thinner than the stock ceramic!

First pic is heating on blue, 2nd heat up on red. Comparison between the sic and stock Oura ceramic
https://ibb.co/sqBgG9N
https://ibb.co/WxJ4GH7
https://ibb.co/QrcXB3L
https://ibb.co/Gc2BMyc

How did the test go?

Coil looks nice on red and blue settings btw. Very curious on performance with sic.

Has anyone looked into firmware mods? Might be possible to add haptic feedback for 5 seconds after turning on the atomizer, but I would think alternate temp presets for mod’d coils/inserts would be more important.

I have some programming experience, and would be willing to at least scope it out if there was interest.

Could even use MatLab and differential equations to generate a theoretical model for temps of a few coil/insert mods if anyone has an idea what ideal insert surface temp flux would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
VerdamperLover,

Eatrocks

How did the test go?

Coil looks nice on red and blue settings btw. Very curious on performance with sic.

I've been testing heavily lol. The Oura isn't like the peak, it needs a full minute cycle to get up to temp. On blue it rages going in about 15 seconds after the 2nd reheat, a lot like dropping on a hot nail. I've mainly been heating up on green, dropping it in around the cutoff, either reheating for a tasty low temp or going up to red or blue for some bog clouds. It's like it just keeps getting hotter to me, can't wait to see the real temps! I'll cut the heat once the hits getting too hot then double click.

First hit, full heat cycle on red, went in after double tapping
http://imgur.com/gallery/Hj5ceqO

Some quirks thou....if I go to fire it up from cold on either red or blue after I've had a few sessions, it starts to fire for half a second then blinks red three times but fires just fine when I cycle down to yellow or green THEN triple click to warm up on red and blue. That's been working fine all the way till the battery is dead. I turn it on, heat up on green then triple click to the higher temps. It usually let's lets me stop/start the heat on red or blue after having to do this cycle up thing.

I bet you could install a peak coil using puffcos ceramic base and top cap, no need to Dremel out the Oura. Basically just follow one of the peak rebuild attys but put it in a Oura ss housing.

This mod will cut your total battery time in half or more, the stock atomizers don't distribute the heat as well as the peak style. Stovetop designs allow airgaps under your bowl and hotspots inside.

Last edited:

VerdamperLover

If that's what you actually got out of my post then all I can say is :razz:

Literally didn't even mention the devices you referenced.

Also those parts definitely aren't free, those replacement fees are already built into the purchase price. It was pretty obvious the Carta is like $40 at wholesale with the way they send out entire replacement units.

I haven’t seen any manufacturing certifications for any portable e-rigs. Actually, PAX is the only cannabis vape company I’ve seen with such certifications, so hopefully they’ll make a device in this category. Their devices are far from perfect, but I don’t see many other brands manufacturing to your standards because of demand (at least before federal legalization/regulation).

VerdamperLover,

EVlL 55

Hello everyone
I have a quick question regarding the Oura.
Im 52...iv had/have many vaporizers,..nails,..glass etc.
I also dont beat on or pound my gear out in anyway.
I purchased my Oura less than 2 weeks ago...i picked up an extra atomizer as well...directly from Kandypens to the tune of like 400 bucks.
I also picked up an aftetmarket topper & cap...another 200 bucks...so that 600 vested in this kit...and thats fine...no one held me at gunpoint to buy any of it...it was a choice i made.
I noticed a glimmer of metal a couple days ago from the corner of my eye which upon further inspection is a 1.5" line...going around the edge of the upper base...to the bare metal.
If i run my fingernail along it it will all chip off.
I contacted Kandypens...told them about it...took pics and a video even....
Theyre reply was no cosmetic or user errors are covered in the warranty...
They said it is probobly a result of wiping iso on the base?...and denied me any exchange of any kind...keep in mind they never even asked for a pic...they just said no...have a nice day.
My reply was that i had other choices i could've made...but chose them solely based on theyre so called steller customer service....i also said theyre reply was disappointing and disturbing.
They replied w/ something along the lines of needing a pic this time...
So i sent them....
Theyre response was although they do see a "scratch"...its not a defect in the unit...its cosmetic.
Now im just put way off & angry.....this is less than 2 weeks old and babied.
I had a similar issue with my original haze...the finish chipping off...who replaced the unit immediately....but had to reconfigure theyre entire finish production because of its location or something i believe.
Either way...this is going in the classified section shortly...so if youv been on the fence..this may be ideal for you....im too far along to play back forth games w/ kandypens.
Its kinda sad...the unit works great...but the people behind it?...not so much

mephisto

Sorry you had to find out the hard way brotherman. I returned my Oura as soon as I saw the build quality.
Even though I had been forewarned about questionable cs from the retailer, I picked one up at a tremendous
discount. I believe that some of us have been spoiled by exceptional cs from other vape providers. To the point that I expect all retailers to support their customers with similar stellar expectations. Sadly, it just is not so. Good luck with your sell.

EVlL 55

Yea...its unfortunate for sure.
In its defense...it certainly works for what its for...
The chipping doesn't have anything to do with its performance but...2 weeks old?
Its just a bite in the ass knowing those funds could have been directed elsewhere.

EVlL 55,

Eatrocks

Sorry you had to find out the hard way brotherman. I returned my Oura as soon as I saw the build quality.
Even though I had been forewarned about questionable cs from the retailer, I picked one up at a tremendous
discount. I believe that some of us have been spoiled by exceptional cs from other vape providers. To the point that I expect all retailers to support their customers with similar stellar expectations. Sadly, it just is not so. Good luck with your sell.

Oura is the only erig with a full alloy body and warranty. Maybe u didn't like the atty design neither did I. The touch sensor is ass but it will work eventually.
With my atomizer mod I like it more than my switch for certain things like flavor/small size.
I've heard others say they think the glass doesn't seat right or firmly enough but look closer, the bottom of the glass has a slight bulge that locks in with the base. I only pick mine up by the glass it makes a solid connection that takes little effort to assemble.
If I was using the stock setup with quartz I'd be really meh about the Oura but I got mine from a wholesaler so not that much invested but probably would be trying to sell it eventually

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Sounds like a great device but way overpriced, check out the Kandipen Miva, it was US$199 when they fist 'released' it, the same unit as my US$40 Nokiva I had owned for 12 months.:rofl:
So I am waiting for the price to drop to a realistic US$100 to $!50 (like a Focus Carta when on sale):2c:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: EVlL 55

Eatrocks

Sounds like a great device but way overpriced, check out the Kandipen Miva, it was US$199 when they fist 'released' it, the same unit as my US$40 Nokiva I had owned for 12 months.:rofl:
So I am waiting for the price to drop to a realistic US$100 to $!50 (like a Focus Carta when on sale):2c:

I know I saw a place selling ouras for 250 shipped if that sounds good

Eatrocks,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
250 shipped if that sounds good
Carta was $125 during the Black Friday sales, so $250 is still twice what it should cost, especially after hearing the above story with CS that sounds worse than DHGate.:2c:

LesPlenty,

Eatrocks

Carta was $125 during the Black Friday sales, so $250 is still twice what it should cost, especially after hearing the above story with CS that sounds worse than DHGate.:2c:

Yea wish I got a carta then, 125 is kinda worth the gamble. I meant the Oura is 250 shipped.

Eatrocks

I just modified my other atty, this is the easy way. All you do is remove the original coil housing and install a peak coil with the puffco ceramic base.
I tried this with the oem puffco coil that came with my v3 atty and it works great. Fitted inserts work the best because you have to center the coil by pushing it one way or the other till it's about where you want it to be for the cap. Finally put on your stock Oura atty top cap, I couldnt/didn't wanna try threading it but it does make a good deal just pressed down. I'm getting the same performance as the 'premium' peak coils, I checked the ohms on an oem, premium, and oem reseller and they ALL ohmed to the same resistance so ..

https://ibb.co/ZmF3954
https://ibb.co/02pDdZ8

Top Bottom