KandyPens Oura

LabPong

Been using the quartz bucket only and wondering about the ceramic one? Does ceramic work better for certain types of trates? The quartz one at green temp is hot enough for using my pressed rosin and it seems like I do not need to go higher as I get that burnt/scorched taste too quick after a couple draws.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
using my pressed rosin and it seems like I do not need to go higher as I get that burnt/scorched taste too quick after a couple draws.
That would be leftover plant material, you could try a little less pressure and get a bit cleaner end product.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: CANtalk

HaroldBuddha

anyone still using the Oura? Is it holding up?

I have had mine for about 2 months, absolutely no issues. I also have a Peak, which I use about as much as my Oura. I would say that with the Oura, I can take much larger dabs without having to constantly worry about the atomizer. I am more than willing to answer any other questions.

HaroldBuddha,
Reactions: shredder

LesPlenty

Company Rep
People seem to be hanging onto their Ouras more than some devices (just by the classifieds) I wonder what sort of deal they will have for the Black Friday sales?

LesPlenty,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

I have had mine for about 2 months, absolutely no issues. I also have a Peak, which I use about as much as my Oura. I would say that with the Oura, I can take much larger dabs without having to constantly worry about the atomizer. I am more than willing to answer any other questions.

Is it true that they run hot?

shredder,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LabPong

For you personally.....do you fine either the peak or oura to be less hot/harsh on your throat?

I have had the Oura now for a bit....had to back off after the first 5 days....my throat hurt a little bit after a couple uses per day (used on the 2 lowest temps). I guess the vapor exiting the quartz insert goes over stuff that my sensitivity does not like. It does not happen with the Crystal as the vapor goes straight up out of the mp into a mini bubbler when I use it.

HaroldBuddha

Is it true that they run hot?
It runs hotter than the Peak, but the flavor drop-off is essentially negligible. In my experience, if you hit it on green (2nd setting), the flavor is amazing throughout the entire session with no burnt taste. The third setting which is red, tastes great for most of the 60 seconds, but gets a burnt taste towards the end if you take a small dab. I rarely and only use the hottest setting (blue) when I am using subpar shatter or whatever, and it hits like a hot nail.

For you personally.....do you fine either the peak or oura to be less hot/harsh on your throat?

I have had the Oura now for a bit....had to back off after the first 5 days....my throat hurt a little bit after a couple uses per day (used on the 2 lowest temps). I guess the vapor exiting the quartz insert goes over stuff that my sensitivity does not like. It does not happen with the Crystal as the vapor goes straight up out of the mp into a mini bubbler when I use it.
The Peak is smoother for sure. I actually have asthma and can take bigger rips off the Peak with less discomfort than the Oura. However, I have not had any issues with the Oura on yellow or green. I also use a sic insert for my Peak, so I am not sure if that matters at all when compared to the Oura's quartz

Last edited by a moderator:

LabPong

The Peak is smoother for sure. I actually have asthma and can take bigger rips off the Peak with less discomfort than the Oura. However, I have not had any issues with the Oura on yellow or green. I also use a sic insert for my Peak, so I am not sure if that matters at all when compared to the Oura's quartz

Good to know......I hope they come out with different inserts for the Oura....and a diff carb cap...it needs to stay on better....drives me nuts cause I use my finger to block and feather it. Other than that....I find it pretty nice. I hope after I goop up the airpath in the atomizer heater area more...some of the harshness might dissipate. I did clean it well after burn offs and then again after using it for 4 days.

HaroldBuddha

Good to know......I hope they come out with different inserts for the Oura....and a diff carb cap...it needs to stay on better....drives me nuts cause I use my finger to block and feather it. Other than that....I find it pretty nice. I hope after I goop up the airpath in the atomizer heater area more...some of the harshness might dissipate. I did clean it well after burn offs and then again after using it for 4 days.
Yeah I can only assume they will come out with more accessories at some point. I am sure people will start selling their own Oura attachments through instagram soon enough.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I wonder if these would drop in, like my insert into my quartz banger?
https://www.dhgate.com/product/ruby...meless/499985959.html#s1-6-1;searl|4129844090
rBVaVFzCz2iAHzcmAACkTmC5vWE560.jpg

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Is the Peak bowl bigger or smaller @HaroldBuddha, you could give the dimensions of what you need and what they are for and these Chinese sellers can probably make it happen (I know one person that is getting a Chinese seller to look at making Ruby dishes to suit the DNail Halo).:tup:

LabPong

Is the Peak bowl bigger or smaller @HaroldBuddha, you could give the dimensions of what you need and what they are for and these Chinese sellers can probably make it happen (I know one person that is getting a Chinese seller to look at making Ruby dishes to suit the DNail Halo).:tup:

My oura ceramic insert is...... 20mm OD at top, 19mm OD at bottom, 11.5mm tall.

HaroldBuddha

I don't have the dimensions, but the Peak inserts are too big for the Oura.

LabPong

I have been really enjoying the Oura. It took a good 6-10 uses to get it dialed in and figured out well using my pressed rosin.

Does anyone use terp peals? Also, anyone seen any custom glass piece for it?

That is the one change I would like, a bent neck top would be really nice. But I find that I always hold it so I do not touch the button. I hold it so the bowl is at 2-3 o'clock. So if someone makes a different glass piece with a "aimed" bent neck.....it would have to be with using it like I do. Maybe some glass makers are just starting to create some stuff and we will see it soon?

Eatrocks

The coil type on the Oura is cheap and able to be rebuilt if you can wrap a wire. I
I don't have the dimensions, but the Peak inserts are too big for the Oura.

Every review I see says the Oura bowl is wider, not as tall thou

https://www.thedablab.com/quartz-tech-ruby-insert-dish-for-flat-top-bangers-19mm/

Perhaps that 19mm Ruby insert would be perfect if the stock is 20mm. There's also a sic insert on dhgate, same dimensions I just don't think the coil type on the Oura will be great for it plus I know what it's like to torch sic.

The stove top coil is super old school, turned me off at first but it can last forever if used properly, but more importantly it can be rebuilt for pennies. Also can be modified, more wraps for more resistance means the same power the Oura puts out on a lower temp setting the coil will heat much hotter and give you better battery life...looks like a bitch but definitely doable

Edit: the Ruby insert is 16mm tall, at least on dhgate

Last edited:

Eatrocks

Please delete my post above.

After seeing the Oura atomizer broken down I'm 100% sure it can be easily modded to accept a 16mm tall insert. I'm so confident i ordered a sic and ruby insert from China.

I ordered an Oura with a spare atty, should be here tomorrow or Monday and I'll prob make a new thread about how to do this mod if I'm successful.

LabPong

I like my Oura....but the only Mod I want to make is impossible....I wish the vapor did not get sucked into the atomizer.......da hell.....why would you design it to do that?

LabPong,

Eatrocks

My oura ceramic insert is...... 20mm OD at top, 19mm OD at bottom, 11.5mm tall.

These measurements are totally off. Just got my Oura today, I immediately tore the atomizer apart and put it back together a few times just for fun.

The stock insert is 15.5mm diameter. A penny is 19.05mm in diameter and a penny is wider than the entire white ceramic insulator!!!! Wow.....BUT, I did pull out the stock dish and put a penny on top above the airflow holes and I got the same draw.

I still think I can mod it to accept a 19mm sic but it would be too unsafe to post a how to... hopefully the inserts actually fit down the metal housing.

Anyway, I installed the Oura coil on one of my vape attys, ohms out to .9
Knowing this I can see why theyre cool with a lifetime warranty....the coil costs less than a penny to rebuild and a coil firing at .9 won't tax the battery like a low resistance build...u could fire this coil on a $2 510 battery

Ok another edit, just hit the Oura a few times on the hottest two settings,.waited a good 20 seconds to get hot. I don't see a 2mm insert performing good, the stock is exactly 1mm thin

Last edited:
Eatrocks,

LabPong

These measurements are totally off. Just got my Oura today, I immediately tore the atomizer apart and put it back together a few times just for fun.

The stock insert is 15.5mm diameter. A penny is 19.05mm in diameter and a penny is wider than the entire white ceramic insulator!!!! Wow.....BUT, I did pull out the stock dish and put a penny on top above the airflow holes and I got the same draw.

I still think I can mod it to accept a 19mm sic but it would be too unsafe to post a how to... hopefully the inserts actually fit down the metal housing.

Anyway, I installed the Oura coil on one of my vape attys, ohms out to .9
Knowing this I can see why theyre cool with a lifetime warranty....the coil costs less than a penny to rebuild and a coil firing at .9 won't tax the battery like a low resistance build...u could fire this coil on a $2 510 battery

Ok another edit, just hit the Oura a few times on the hottest two settings,.waited a good 20 seconds to get hot. I don't see a 2mm insert performing good, the stock is exactly 1mm thin

Your correct....I just looked at my glass cup because it sits cracked..... OD is 15mm wide x 12mm deep. I think I was using a measure that had some of the numbers scraped off and I did not read it properly.

LabPong,

Eatrocks

Your correct....I just looked at my glass cup because it sits cracked..... OD is 15mm wide x 12mm deep. I think I was using a measure that had some of the numbers scraped off and I did not read it properly.

No problem I should have waited, only out 23$ for a sic insert, I'll sell it in my headshop lol. I emailed avs about their sic buckets since they look like a way better fit but they had no more defective ones.

I got a stove top coil jig that makes perfect coils for the Oura, it's not required since you're pressing down the insert when tightening the top ring. My spare atty has bent up wire but flattens out when setup and glows fine.

Eatrocks,

WOLFXXXXX

I have an Oura on the way and have two quick initial questions:

1) Should I immediately charge the device fully upon receipt - or should I use up all of the existing battery life first and then fully charge the device?

2) Is it recommended to do a some high temp burn-offs before using the device for the first time?

Thanks in advance....

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Charge the batteries fully before first use (same with any lithium batteries), the burn-offs can't hurt plus it will help you familiarize yourself with the unit before adding trates.:tup:

Top Bottom