• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

KandyPens Oura

Justpassedu

Spotted this 1 in the wild today, it seems to be a Concentrate Vaporizer with a quartz dish , I love the fact that we are starting to see companies implement USB C now also : https://www.kandypens.com/oura/

• Intelligent Portable Vaporizer
  • Durable Zinc Alloy Shell
  • 5 Second Heat Up Time
  • Quartz Crystal Glass Atomizer (Ceramic Cup Included)
  • 4 Temperature Settings
  • "Smart Touch" Power Sensor (No button)
  • LED Illuminated (OURA effect)
  • Hand Made Glass
  • Powerful 3000mAh Battery
  • 4 Minute Auto-shutoff Feature
  • USB-C Fast Charging Feature
  • Haptic Vibration Technology
  • Velvet Carrying Bag Included (Free Gift)
  • Handmade
  • Developed & Designed in the USA
  • Lifetime Warranty (All parts)

Last edited:

kuzko

Grabbed one with a 20% discount. Hope to see it real soon and report back with my findings.......

Just ordered a white one with a 25% discount. Could have saved even more if I didn’t want Priority Shipping but I figured it was worth it. Hopefully this thing rocks, I’ve been waiting for a Peak-style rig that uses a quartz heater.

kuzko

Silenced Hippie has a demo video up on her instagram. She very briefly shows the atomizer. Looks like a quartz chamber sitting on a flat coil.

LabPong

Ouch...dat price brah! lol

There are going to be so many of these new types of small self contained bubblers for concentrates coming out in the next couple years.......I feel the price will drop a lot eventually. $200 is the max worth I feel on these devices.

kuzko

Received my Oura yesterday. Very good packaging and the unit is super slick. The whole thing kinda smelled like brand new tennis shoes out of the box though. Hope that this odor fades now that it’s separated from the foam packaging.

Easy to set up. Put some water in the glass and it snaps in just like the peak. Touch button operations are super simple, already have every function down. Five presses to turn unit on, three presses to select temperature(don’t need to do every time, previous temp is saved) and then two presses to engage/disengage heater. Hold sensor for battery level light. Heater auto disengages after one minute, while unit auto turns off after four minutes.

I took a handful of dabs last night and the unit is still showing 70%+ battery level lighting.

There are four temperature settings. So far I’m liking the 3rd highest setting, which is the color red. It does heat up in about 5 seconds as advertised but I find even with red it can take a few moments for clouds to really form. I bumped it up to the highest temperature, blue, for a dab or two but it was too hot and created hot and not very good tasting vapor. I kinda wish there was a temperature setting between 3 and 4 but 3 is working fine for me.

The atomizer is a quartz bucket sitting on top of a SS? pancake/skillet coil. It doesn’t seem as efficient at heating the quartz bucket as some of he donut/pancake coils but it does the job. The vapor path does go through some of whatever the outer shell is made of, zinc alloy?, so there was a little tennis shoe flavor at first but it went away after a few dabs. I unscrewed the atomizer from the base to see what it’s all about. It’s a 510 connection like the peak. The vapor path looks like it should be easy to clean if the time comes. I swabbed the quartz bucket clean with a q tip after each dab. The instructions say the whole atomizer disassembles and you can remove the quartz bucket for deep cleaning but I haven’t messed around with that yet. I do notice when swabbing the quartz bucket that it does slightly move around so it’s not snug in the trench that it sits in. It’s held in but it just slightly moves side to side when swabbing. My only concern with this is if concentrate or moisture sneaks in around the bucket and down onto the actual coil, but we’ll just have to wait and see if that happens.

Overall, I’m pleased with my Oura. Quartz brings out the best flavor in concentrate, to me, so this is an ideal erig for that. Now I have something to compliment my brothers Peak and bring some functionality and beauty to the dab seshes.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Glad people are getting these and enjoying them . The company had actually got mad at me when I said this was similar to a peak. It is , no reason to deny it . That does not make it a bad product even though I have yet to try it out.

pghjd

Glad people are getting these and enjoying them . The company had actually got mad at me when I said this was similar to a peak. It is , no reason to deny it . That does not make it a bad product even though I have yet to try it out.
I think they want to avoid comparisons because Roger likes to make legal threats. He said he wants to sue focus v for infringing on his intellectual property. I doubt he'll do it though.

Justpassedu

I think they want to avoid comparisons because Roger likes to make legal threats. He said he wants to sue focus v for infringing on his intellectual property. I doubt he'll do it though.
I totally understand that being a Peak owner and seeing how the owner treats certain people . The kandypens already has them beat in what they offering off the bat . Plus I know the service is pretty damn good with them as I have used a few of there products . I will have one shortly and post up some info and results . I’m excited to try it out and who doesn’t love a lifetime warranty . The coils go to often on the peak and trying to get a new one is pricey and a battle with customer service .

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
The atomizer is a quartz bucket sitting on top of a SS? pancake/skillet coil. It doesn’t seem as efficient at heating the quartz bucket as some of he donut/pancake coils but it does the job. The vapor path does go through some of whatever the outer shell is made of, zinc alloy?, so there was a little tennis shoe flavor at first but it went away after a few dabs.

My only concern with this is if concentrate or moisture sneaks in around the bucket and down onto the actual coil, but we’ll just have to wait and see if that happens.

I'm sorry - maybe I'm just "too concerned" about isolated airpaths... and yknow... being safe (because I am vaporizing to alleviate/help/remedy/prevent health issues - not propagate new ones) but how is this ok?

Almost $400 - no isolated airpath and it's still getting a pass?

We are halfway through 2019. Why is stuff like this still ok?

There's literally nothing innovative about this device anyway. It's neat they offer a lifetime warranty and all that jazz, but you can't polish a turd.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Like I said in the Carta thread, it looks like the same old stovetop coil from the Vivant Incendio. Really not impressed with this 4 temperature setting trend either. They will sell a million of them cause its Kandypens but I've already been burnt on the Carta so this one's definitely not for me.

kuzko

I'm sorry - maybe I'm just "too concerned" about isolated airpaths... and yknow... being safe (because I am vaporizing to alleviate/help/remedy/prevent health issues - not propagate new ones) but how is this ok?

Almost $400 - no isolated airpath and it's still getting a pass?

We are halfway through 2019. Why is stuff like this still ok?

There's literally nothing innovative about this device anyway. It's neat they offer a lifetime warranty and all that jazz, but you can't polish a turd.

I hear ya, I’d much rather the vapor path be something like glass. This may be semantics but the vapor path IS isolated, it’s just the tunnel that the vapor path goes through is made out of the same material as the outside shell.

The coil is the standard stovetop that you see on old pens but I’m not sure why that’s a negative. All it is doing is heating up the quartz bucket that’s on top of it and it does a good job at it. Gets to temperature very fast.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I hear ya, I’d much rather the vapor path be something like glass. This may be semantics but the vapor path IS isolated, it’s just the tunnel that the vapor path goes through is made out of the same material as the outside shell.

Ah - I misunderstood in that case. Thanks for the clarification. :tup:

muunch,
Reactions: kuzko

kuzko

Ah - I misunderstood in that case. Thanks for the clarification. :tup:
No problem, there’s not much information on this unit yet so it’s our job to ask the tough questions and get the info out there for other people trying to decide where to spend their dollars. I’ve been meaning to put up pictures but I’m lazy, maybe tonight.

Otherwise, shouldn’t this thread be moved out of the “unreleased” section since it’s out for sale?

kuzko,

LabPong

I do not understand what you mean with the air/vapor path. Are you saying....the air/vapor path is made out of the rubber coated shell material? Or are you saying that the air/vapor path has glass or stainless inner walls...but the outside of the path chamber/tunnel is the outer shell material?

LabPong,

kuzko

I do not understand what you mean with the air/vapor path. Are you saying....the air/vapor path is made out of the rubber coated shell material? Or are you saying that the air/vapor path has glass or stainless inner walls...but the outside of the path chamber/tunnel is the outer shell material?

The air path, as far as I can tell, is a tunnel that is made completely out of the outer shell material. Here are some pictures. It’s hard to see through the air path but it looks to be the white outside shell material all the way through until you can see the atomizer outflow at the end of it.

kuzko

Why does it require heating to nearly 1000 degrees to produce a satisfactory hit?

That must be the temperature of the actual heating element, not the quartz bucket. Otherwise, I’m not sure. I’ve always assumed temperature settings on electronic atomizers are inaccurate/arbitrary anyway, just find the setting you like and stick with it. I honestly can’t say much about how the first two temperature settings function, I quickly settled on 3 and haven’t switched.

tepictoton

Definately looks like vapor is travelling past the coil into a little canal that in these pictures to me looks like something? black?

tepictoton,

kuzko

Definately looks like vapor is travelling past the coil into a little canal that in these pictures to me looks like something? black?

Sorry my picture is horrible. The bad lighting is making the hole look black. In daylight with the naked eye I can see it’s white all the way through the inside of the tunnel. Obviously, if you got any other color Oura it would be that color instead. So the tunnel is black if you have a black Oura lol.

Justpassedu

I got my Oura yesterday , quick pic : https://www.instagram.com/p/B0W9Blfngci/?igshid=x8fr4go8iqrr , being a peak owner I have to say stock for stock this Oura kills it. I am very happy with my 1st few uses . The first thing I noticed out of the box was the quality and feel of the base . It’s sturdy and has a premium feel to it . The touch button almost feels futuristic as it does not need to be pressed but lightly tapped/touched for inputs and it’s very responsive . The vape heats up to temp nearly instantly , 5 seconds and you are ready to go and that’s a big plus for me sometimes compared to others . The taste it provided on its medium temp level using the quartz bucket was noticeable so it’s definitely no slouch in the flavor department . The bubbler worked well also . I have no affiliation with the company , just happen to love products like this that innovate and help me in life and that are quick and simple to use as there are times I need to be able to easily sneak a quick discrete hit in or can’t use a desktop unit . So far I’m happy but I am also only about 10 hits in and had to tap out and get some rest for work . I’ll update as I get some more use in . If anyone has any questions lmk or would like a certain picture . I’ll try my best to answer from my limited use so far .

Top Bottom