KandyPens Oura

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I got my Oura yesterday , quick pic : https://www.instagram.com/p/B0W9Blfngci/?igshid=x8fr4go8iqrr , being a peak owner I have to say stock for stock this Oura kills it. I am very happy with my 1st few uses . The first thing I noticed out of the box was the quality and feel of the base . It’s sturdy and has a premium feel to it . The touch button almost feels futuristic as it does not need to be pressed but lightly tapped/touched for inputs and it’s very responsive . The vape heats up to temp nearly instantly , 5 seconds and you are ready to go and that’s a big plus for me sometimes compared to others . The taste it provided on its medium temp level using the quartz bucket was noticeable so it’s definitely no slouch in the flavor department . The bubbler worked well also . I have no affiliation with the company , just happen to love products like this that innovate and help me in life and that are quick and simple to use as there are times I need to be able to easily sneak a quick discrete hit in or can’t use a desktop unit . So far I’m happy but I am also only about 10 hits in and had to tap out and get some rest for work . I’ll update as I get some more use in . If anyone has any questions lmk or would like a certain picture . I’ll try my best to answer from my limited use so far .

How is the size of the bowl compared to the Peak?

I'm curious about the long term reliability with it heating up faster than a blow torch with a simple stovetop coil. I just wonder how much wear that is putting on the device. I also wonder how the flavor is affected by the fast heatup, IMO the Peak's gradual uptemp creates more terpy hits than what I got out of the Carta with its very fast heatup time.

The vapor path seems a lot more direct than the Carta, closer to the Peak in that regard which is a good move. Honestly if the 4 onboard temps are useful it's already one-up'd the Carta IMO. Edit: Just watched a video on it and all the settings sound really hot with large gaps between the next setting, just like the Carta. Maybe the temps are more usable in person? It seems like the Peak is the only one designed to give terpy dabs in a usable "low temp dab" temperature range though.

Does it come with a carrying case like others in this class?

Last edited:
invertedisdead,
Reactions: Niiizy_503

Justpassedu

How is the size of the bowl compared to the Peak?

I'm curious about the long term reliability with it heating up faster than a blow torch with a simple stovetop coil. I just wonder how much wear that is putting on the device. I also wonder how the flavor is affected by the fast heatup, IMO the Peak's gradual uptemp creates more terpy hits than what I got out of the Carta with its very fast heatup time.

The vapor path seems a lot more direct than the Carta, closer to the Peak in that regard which is a good move. Honestly if the 4 onboard temps are useful it's already one-up'd the Carta IMO.

Does it come with a carrying case like others in this class?
I’m at work so I don’t have both devices in hand at the moment but the bowl seems similar in size to the peak , maybe a drop wider actually . It’s definitely not smaller . Honestly not worried about reliability at all for the fact it’s got a lifetime warranty and for once I don’t have to worry like I do with my peak . The flavor at the medium temp setting was actually the 1st thing I noticed when taking a hit and was a bit worried about that also but my hit was smooth and very flavorful, I can’t comment on higher temp hits as I have not tried them yet but will report back . The vapor path is actually just like the peaks if you are familiar with it. When the glass is connected , the air hole goes straight to the vapor path coming from the quartz dish and is held in by some form of rubber like the peak , I actually almost got my peak glass to fit on the Oura they are so similar in that regard but slightly different dimensions so the fit is not perfect . The air path is super short and almost no vapor should pass through the rubber fitment if that makes sense as when you actually connect the glass to the vape it is almost right at the quartz dish , the rubber is mostly just holding it in place and keeping it steady . It does come with a carrying case but it is not a fitted case like the peak , it is a bag and some may want to grab some sort of pick and pluck foam case if traveling allot or use it and just wrap their glass with a bit of bubble wrap or something . I’ll try and get more info as I get some more use in .

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I’m at work so I don’t have both devices in hand at the moment but the bowl seems similar in size to the peak , maybe a drop wider actually . It’s definitely not smaller . Honestly not worried about reliability at all for the fact it’s got a lifetime warranty and for once I don’t have to worry like I do with my peak . The flavor at the medium temp setting was actually the 1st thing I noticed when taking a hit and was a bit worried about that also but my hit was smooth and very flavorful, I can’t comment on higher temp hits as I have not tried them yet but will report back . The vapor path is actually just like the peaks if you are familiar with it. When the glass is connected , the air hole goes straight to the vapor path coming from the quartz dish and is held in by some form of rubber like the peak , I actually almost got my peak glass to fit on the Oura they are so similar in that regard but slightly different dimensions so the fit is not perfect . The air path is super short and almost no vapor should pass through the rubber fitment if that makes sense as when you actually connect the glass to the vape it is almost right at the quartz dish , the rubber is mostly just holding it in place and keeping it steady . It does come with a carrying case but it is not a fitted case like the peak , it is a bag and some may want to grab some sort of pick and pluck foam case if traveling allot or use it and just wrap their glass with a bit of bubble wrap or something . I’ll try and get more info as I get some more use in .

Thanks for the first hand report!

Yes I'm familiar with the Peak's vapor path, that short path is definitely the right way to go to minimize condensed vapor.

That's what I thought about the 3 year warranty on my Carta too, but after multiple RMA's it was getting to be more frustrating than the piece of mind I thought it would add. Hopefully this isn't the case with your Oura, a lifetime warranty is a pretty bold move though.

Will be following this thread to hear more about how it compares!

mephisto

Sent my Oura back once I saw the coil/cup atomizer. It seems like K-pens makes their money on volume,
not top shelf quality. Hope those that grabbed one find it performs better than the competition.

kuzko

After some time with the Oura, it hasn’t supplanted my daily driver for concentrates but it definitely has a place in my collection. I see this as the dab rig I keep around for when friends and family are over. Something simple, easy, that can just be whipped out and used when the crowd wants their dabs. I got a second Volcano for this reason. Now I have my personal tools of consumption but also nice flower and oil options for guests.

kuzko,
Reactions: mephisto

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I wonder about the lifetime warranty, they have it on their Mivo (RRP $199) as I had already purchased a Nokiva (made in the same factory, different name) and that only cost me $40 a couple years ago elsewhere so Kandipens probably pay about $20 (large order and the factory will put any name on them)
Anyone seen these Oura under another name yet as it does look pretty cheaply made for the cost?

LesPlenty,

Justpassedu

I wonder about the lifetime warranty, they have it on their Mivo (RRP $199) as I had already purchased a Nokiva (made in the same factory, different name) and that only cost me $40 a couple years ago elsewhere so Kandipens probably pay about $20 (large order and the factory will put any name on them)
Anyone seen these Oura under another name yet as it does look pretty cheaply made for the cost?
The Oura is definitely not out under any other names , it’s kandypens own design . I made sure of this before getting one and if you do see one under another name it’s for sure a copy but I did a big search before hand just to make sure and could not come up with anything as I hate to buy copies of any vape . Also the Miva is on sale for $119 . I don’t know much about it but if you’d like to discuss please make a new thread in the right section on the forums as this one is for the Oura .

* on a separate note I been using my Oura for a few days now and really enjoying it , the battery really lasts a long time compared to my peak . I did try the ceramic bucket and it was hard to get vapor at the lower temps with it , back to quartz and I am very happy . Can’t wait to see some new buckets possibly and glass for this .

LesPlenty

Company Rep
if you’d like to discuss please make a new thread in the right section on the forums as this one is for the Oura .
No need, I just wanted to make sure as it seems the company does not mind a price gouge (I only brought up the Nokiva as an example of how they have operated in the past)

Justpassedu

@Justpassedu do you prefer the Oura over your custom Peak?
Stock vs stock yes I been enjoying the Oura more , it took me over $800 with extra glass , inserts and new aftermarket coils to get my peak where I somewhat want it to be and while it works well , I still don’t 100% like it or feel comfortable with it . Where as with the Oura I don’t have to worry as much about handling any warranty issues , it heats quicker and the battery lasts allot longer for when I am out with it .

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
He mentions that the atomizers are a consumable part. So does that mean kandy pens just replaces them free forever with the warranty?

Also interested in the white thing the coil sits in is that a ceramic insulator?

Mynameismud,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Summer

Long Island, NY
He mentions that the atomizers are a consumable part. So does that mean kandy pens just replaces them free forever with the warranty?

From KP's: "KandyPens offers a Lifetime Warranty on the life of the batteries of our products. If for any reason your battery stops working please contact our customer support department. Unfortunately, our atomizers are not covered by our lifetime warranty. atomizers will need to be replaced over time depending on usage."

https://www.kandypens.com/oura-atomizer-black.html

Last edited:

kuzko

image uploader

Here’s a picture of what the Oura Booklet that came with my unit says about the warranty. Warranty on all parts INCLUDING atomizer. This is also what was being advertised when I purchased mine. It does say the warranty does not cover any damage caused by wax or concentrate so that could be interpreted quite broadly. But it would be disappointing, to say the least, if KandyPens is backtracking on their warranty.

kuzko

It says lifetime warranty due soley to mfr. defects under normal usage conditions not regular usage.
What do you mean? I didn’t mention anything about regular use. Doesn’t that mean it’s covered as long as the unit was being used as directed?

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
It looks to me like the warranty is for atomizers with a manufacturer defect. An atomizer dying after a period of time is not a manufacturer defect for a component the manufacturer explicitly states is consumable.

In other words, if the atomizer exhibits irregular behavior under normal use, Kandypens covers it under warranty. If it dies over time it’s not covered under warranty because Kandypens told you upfront that it’s a consumable piece.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
From KP's: "KandyPens offers a Lifetime Warranty on the life of the batteries of our products. If for any reason your battery stops working please contact our customer support department. Unfortunately, our atomizers are not covered by our lifetime warranty. atomizers will need to be replaced over time depending on usage."

https://www.kandypens.com/oura-atomizer-black.html
Hmm thats some shady advertising, because when you look at the description for the oura it says in the list of features “Lifetime Warranty (All Parts)”

It says lifetime warranty due soley to mfr. defects under normal usage conditions not regular usage.

I dont see anywhere where it says anything about regular usage being not covered by warranty. If going by Under “what is not covered” on the list as long as you dont abuse/misuse it, expose it to moisture, or alter it it should be covered?

It looks to me like the warranty is for atomizers with a manufacturer defect. An atomizer dying after a period of time is not a manufacturer defect for a component the manufacturer explicitly states is consumable.

In other words, if the atomizer exhibits irregular behavior under normal use, Kandypens covers it under warranty. If it dies over time it’s not covered under warranty because Kandypens told you upfront that it’s a consumable piece.

Where do they explicitly state that it is a consumable product? Its no where in the description or listed features. I was interested in purchasing one just because of the lifetime warranty. Im glad i did not and would have been pissed if i did

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Not shady at all. It's a "limited" lifetime warranty, i.e. limited to mfr'ing defects. If it was an unlimited lifetime warranty, they wouldn't be selling atomizer replacements. And, yes, they should have put an asterisk referring the consumer to the warranty page for further clarification. Regardless of an * or not, you always have to read the actual warranty to see the coverage specifics. All I can suggest is if you have an issue with their warranty presentation, email the KP & let them know.

Where do they explicitly state that it is a consumable product?

Consumable, by definition, is
"(of an item for sale) intended to be used up and then replaced." Hence, that's why they sell atomizer replacements.

There's 3 vids on the Oura here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWzv76xXt8QmSvatFRr6OoA

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@Summer it does not say Limited, just; Lifetime Warranty (All parts)
that's why they sell atomizer replacements.
Well stoners can do things like put the water in the wrong end or fill the atomizer without a bucket etc
Even one video I watched said the atomizers were covered, stoner review so I would not take what they said too seriously.
So have you been told by a company rep or read an official blurb about the Oura specifically about the atomizer?

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well @LesPlenty, contact them to clarify if you will. Their warranty on their website reads, "Unfortunately, our atomizers are not covered by our lifetime warranty. atomizers will need to be replaced over time depending on usage."

https://www.kandypens.com/faq/

Even in kuzko's post, the insert under what the warranty covers specifically says lifetime warranty for mfr'ing defects in material & workmanship under normal usage conditions, thus making it a limited, not unlimited, replacement warrranty. That's all there is to say.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Those types of warranties are usually a total facade. Source Vapes used to offer an identical one.

At the end of the day what the warranty department considers manufacturer defect, versus what they consider failure from regular usage, is often completely open to interpretation.

I had an issue with a lifetime warranty on a Source battery where the whole top cap, including the 510 threading ripped right off when taking the atomizer off. IMO the poorly assembled battery was clearly the problem, using inferior adhesives to hold the parts together, but they were able to easily flip it on me as wear and tear.

An atomizer dying after a period of time is not a manufacturer defect for a component the manufacturer explicitly states is consumable.

This is why these type of warranties mean nothing, IMO a lot of these parts actually do fail as a result of manufacturer defects, but these brands just have to note one little clause about consumables and then they don't have to honor anything.

Last edited:

kuzko

Does seem like some backtracking. I will mention the link to that FAQ page with the warranty info on atomizers is KandyPens general FAQ page for all products that I assume has been up for a while. Do we know the Lifetime Warranty mentioned in that blurb also applies to the Oura Lifetime Warranty? That could just be talking about all of their pen atomizers. It also states the lifetime warranty ONLY covers batteries, which is different from what we’ve decided the Oura warranty says.

Top Bottom