Kalu Infinity Vaporizer

cptofnthng

In Germany, its even forbidden as a number plate, both HH and 88. If you guys dont have any historic affiliation i think its perfectly ok to use this. Its a bit boring as a brandname i think :)

Kalu

Manufacturer
In Germany, its even forbidden as a number plate, both HH and 88. If you guys dont have any historic affiliation i think its perfectly ok to use this. Its a bit boring as a brandname i think :)
the name has already changed, I'll be back soon, I'm waiting for everyone to calm down with this number 88, really I didn't know that 😅 the name of the vaporizer now will be kalu'♾️(infinity)

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hey,

The drama about the name of this vaporizer has obscured what it actually is, because having owned one recently, the" Kalu" is a very high end and amazing butane vaporizer, easy to handle.

The main injector has the remarkable feature of having balls inside which offer a homogeneous distribution of heat and therefore a uniform AVB (without black spots). It's held in place by a cork ring, a change from the classic plastic o-rings.
As the designer is lovely, he agreed to make me an offset draw balls injector.
So it's very versatile, the ball injector reduces the airflow a bit and changes the experience.

Mine is made of Gaia wood and it's absolutely incredible🤩, the workmanship is exceptional, down to the smallest detail.
It fits all my 14mm connection, the stand in ebony is nice.
A truly piece of art!

Thank you @Kalu !

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
IMG-20230508-200511.jpg

IMG-20230508-200835.jpg

IMG-20230509-101009.jpg

IMG-20230509-101125.jpg

Duba

Accessory Maker
Is this a direct draw vape with balls for heat dispersion or do you warm up the heater and then draw? Hard to tell from the videos.
It's a direct draw vape with balls for heat dispersion but you can ask him for the ball heater (as in the photo) which allows a delayed draw.
The vape is amazing and so easy to use.

coolbreeze

I missed all the naming controversy! But just came here to say what a lovely looking device this is.

Coming back to vaping after a few years away from it, I'm blown away by the amazing work being done by boutique makers!
One of the cool new developments you can see here and in other European torch vapes, the use of pinches, balls, etc, in the heat intake to slow and turbulate the heat going into the oven for a more controlled, more even roast. Works really well and ends much of the struggle over restrictor discs and so forth. I haven't tried the Infinity yet--it's on the way--but the reports sound like this one gets really good results.

Razhumikin

One of the cool new developments you can see here and in other European torch vapes, the use of pinches, balls, etc, in the heat intake to slow and turbulate the heat going into the oven for a more controlled, more even roast. Works really well and ends much of the struggle over restrictor discs and so forth. I haven't tried the Infinity yet--it's on the way--but the reports sound like this one gets really good results.
Refc did this on the Jetdryv years ago and its just such an incredible vape, i dont know why more people didnt do this sooner. I might need to pick up one of these infinities eventually, they look really good! Id lpve to see some more action videos though.

coolbreeze

Refc did this on the Jetdryv years ago and its just such an incredible vape, i dont know why more people didnt do this sooner. I might need to pick up one of these infinities eventually, they look really good! Id lpve to see some more action videos though.
I wish those were still being made. Been hoping he'd do a batch for a long time...

I assumed the idea came from the Vapocane, where it also works amazingly well.
vapocane-vaporizer-adapter.jpg

Darth Gram Gram

Has anyone tried experimenting with DIY-ing balls or gems in their direct butane vape intakes?

Darth Gram Gram,
Reactions: Kalu

coolbreeze

This is exactly the concept of the kalu♾️ vaporizer
And it works really well!

I was fortunate to receive a Infinity full set, including the vaporizer + indirect heater, the stand, and the j-hook.
IMG-5180.jpg
IMG-5182.jpg

Two things set them apart from similar vapes: one is how easy it is to use, the other is the exceptional craftsmanship. What makes it easier to use is the very well designed heat intake. A single layer of boro (quartz?) balls held between two sets of pinches creates enough diffusion and turbulence to slow the heat, blend it with cooler air, and hit the herbs in a balanced and uniform heat column that strips the essentials without overheating the herbs. It works extremely well and it's dead easy. This is a vape for n00bs and connoisseurs.

The craftsmanship speaks for itself. The bowl is made from apple, a neutral wood in terms of flavor and allergies. The top is made of the wood of your choice, and because the bowl fits nearly to the top when inserted, very little of the wood from the upper part remains exposed, allowing heat to mostly pass by that wood. The bowl, left, is good-sized but works happily with a screen covering.
IMG-5195.jpg

Each infinity is uniquely designed and shaped, and Kalu is a pleasure to work with. He asks for ideas and then figures out just what you want. He offers ideas that are brilliant: at his suggestion I checked out and decided on sumac for the wood. It's a gorgeous wood ranging from greens to golds to warm pinkish colors, it's got incredible chatoyance with colors and grain shapes changing in the light like a cats-eye marble. It's local to my part of the world so it feels like home. It also has a secret superpower.

The j-hook cools brilliantly with anything you throw at it:
IMG-5213.jpg
IMG-5208.jpg
IMG-5203.jpg

I have a number of these direct heat, brick-styled vapes built for waterpieces. I find them a pleasure to use and extremely effective. They hearken back to smoking with similar actions and skill, not to mention potential hit-size. The Infinity is really one of the best. I think the combination of price, craftsmanship, creativity and artistic vision, quality materials and overall function including ease-of-use puts the Infinity safely up on the top shelf. I can't recommend it enough!

IMG-5198.jpg

Last edited:

coolbreeze

edit : if a return on hash session is possible, it would be welcome
Maybe a little nightcap:
IMG-5367crop.jpg

Ok, that worked nicely! I was not sure how well it would go: the diffused intake slows the heat considerably, so I've used my torch just bit higher than usual with ground flower. The hash requires a bit more heat and because the intake protects so well against direct heat I just slowed my pull and let the heat in the oven build. I pushed it a bit so the flavor could have been better but the hash didn't burn and while the glass at the elbow was quite warm, the j-hook cooled the billows well. With a little practice this will be fantastic with hash!

Last edited:
Top Bottom