JyARz Storage Containers

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
Happy New Year everyone!

I'm thinking through the new design for a Chico-like product keeping in mind some of the issues people have identified above.

One more question: How many of you care about the curbed bottom. Would a flat bottom serve your purpose or is the curvature critical. When I initially designed it Frenchy Cannoli insisted on curved glass. Over time many people have asked for a small, more compact version with a flat base.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you all and hoping you all have a joyful and prosperous 2023!

-Aldo

JyARz

Manufacturer
If like many people here you use your JYARZ on a daily basis for over 4 years … what price is expensive? I’m driven more by quality than cost. A lot of people don’t buy JYARZ because they view them as expensive. I view that as a faulty analysis.

Yvonne Chounard, founder of Patagonia has famously said that the best and most environmentally conscious product is one that lasts and lasts. His products aren’t cheap but are they expensive? I don’t think they are … and Patagonia stands behind everything they make as do we here at JYARZ.

If quality and longevity are not important values to you we probably are not the brand for you.

Vape_Or_Die420

Totally misunderstanding me bud, I’m all for quality too but price is important.

I just figured maybe between manufacturing a round bottom or a flat bottom, one would be cheaper. I actually think your prices are totally fair. The bottom being flat or round makes no difference to me is what I meant.

I own the satchimo and like it ok but the material on the top of the lid attracts dust and debris is my only complaint.

I was interested in maybe investing in your new product but the pretentious and defensive response to my post is really off putting.

I think I’ll go back to mason jyarz

Last edited:
Vape_Or_Die420,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Would a flat bottom serve your purpose

I use my Chicos because they hold a decent, but small enough amount that will last me long enough, but not so much that the flower will get dry and stale. I do however fill close to the top, and when straw sucking a DV tip, or Tinymight stem, often some herb gets pushed over and out the Chico, some of this due to the curved bottom. Keep the current version for those that use them for concentrates, as I believe that was the original design. Make a new version, that’s flat bottom like your larger versions, and that would also avoid the cup pulling out of the container sometimes, with the suction cup.

Planck

believes in Dog
I was one requesting a smaller container with a flat bottom.

However in my case that ship has sailed.
I have 12 15mm infinity jars and they suit my needs just fine.

Sue Narmy

I think I would prefer flat bottom Chicos as there would be less movement so product shouldn’t get stuck in between the glass and the plastic.

In the UK I pay £18.10 for a Chico. I think it is expensive BUT they are strong and totally smell proof so I’m happy to pay that.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Happy New Year everyone!

I'm thinking through the new design for a Chico-like product keeping in mind some of the issues people have identified above.

One more question: How many of you care about the curbed bottom. Would a flat bottom serve your purpose or is the curvature critical. When I initially designed it Frenchy Cannoli insisted on curved glass. Over time many people have asked for a small, more compact version with a flat base.

Appreciate any thoughts.

-Aldo

Awesome! Yes I said before I definitely would like a flat base instead of the rounded base, does seem like that is more designed for concentrates? Slightly narrower and taller could be good too, make it complimentary

Dustin McKief

Happy New Year everyone!

Appreciate any thoughts.

-Aldo
HNY, Also. Curved in the corner with a flat bottom. 👍

Dustin McKief,
Reactions: JyARz

tattooed

I gave it a good deal of thought and I honestly don't think I'd have a preference between round and flat bottom. I would like the ability to at least continue to buy the same form factor of the chico (and parts) instead of losing it to a new version but I realize thats not always an option. At the end of the day I'm down for whatever is on the horizon with Jyarz and I'm just glad to hear you're listening to customer requests.

I can certainly understand people wanting a smaller option. I take two Chicos with me when I go out and its no big deal but I'm carrying a case, not pocketing everything or needing to be discreet at all.

JyARz

Manufacturer
I gave it a good deal of thought and I honestly don't think I'd have a preference between round and flat bottom. I would like the ability to at least continue to buy the same form factor of the chico (and parts) instead of losing it to a new version but I realize thats not always an option. At the end of the day I'm down for whatever is on the horizon with Jyarz and I'm just glad to hear you're listening to customer requests.

I can certainly understand people wanting a smaller option. I take two Chicos with me when I go out and its no big deal but I'm carrying a case, not pocketing everything or needing to be discreet at all.
Thank you for your feedback. What isn’t clear to me is how specifically people benefit from the curved sides if the container isn’t used for hash (for which it was initially designed).

I think a similar capacity can be made in a much more space efficient form if the sides aren’t curved. I’m just concerned that something significant might be lost for a loyal following of the Chico so I’m just trying to find out how people feel about perpendicular side “walls.”

JyARz

Manufacturer
I absolutely suck at predicting how long it takes to produce a finishes product. I wasn’t happy with the first run so we went back to the drawing board. But I found an absolutely incredible engineer who has worked on some very big products so I know we are going to make some amazing stuff this year. Thank you for your patience!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
If like many people here you use your JYARZ on a daily basis for over 4 years … what price is expensive? I’m driven more by quality than cost. A lot of people don’t buy JYARZ because they view them as expensive. I view that as a faulty analysis.

Yvonne Chounard, founder of Patagonia has famously said that the best and most environmentally conscious product is one that lasts and lasts. His products aren’t cheap but are they expensive? I don’t think they are … and Patagonia stands behind everything they make as do we here at JYARZ.

If quality and longevity are not important values to you we probably are not the brand for you.

Hey Aldo, Happy New Year good dude! I hope you have a great 2023.
Just thought I should say, I was a little surprised by your response here. Although I totally appreciate & understood what you said, if you were replying to @Vape_Or_Die420 (you didn't quote their post so I can't be 100% certain), it looks to me like you missed their point. They never said JYARZ are expensive.

As the OP has since stated, they think your prices are fair so their comment was not about skimping on quality.

As you said, a lot of people don't buy JYARZ because they view them as too expensive so it makes sense that you might be quick to defend, but that's not @Vape_Or_Die420 (who already owns a JYARZ & I hope will stick with them once this misunderstanding is cleared up).

As for me - I think it's a fuckin all-round fantastic product at a price I am happy to pay.

Fuck disposable culture.

JyARz are creating waves.

:peace:

JyARz

Manufacturer
Hey Aldo, Happy New Year good dude! I hope you have a great 2023.
Just thought I should say, I was a little surprised by your response here. Although I totally appreciate & understood what you said, if you were replying to @Vape_Or_Die420 (you didn't quote their post so I can't be 100% certain), it looks to me like you missed their point. They never said JYARZ are expensive.

As the OP has since stated, they think your prices are fair so their comment was not about skimping on quality.

As you said, a lot of people don't buy JYARZ because they view them as too expensive so it makes sense that you might be quick to defend, but that's not @Vape_Or_Die420 (who already owns a JYARZ & I hope will stick with them once this misunderstanding is cleared up).

As for me - I think it's a fuckin all-round fantastic product at a price I am happy to pay.

Fuck disposable culture.

JYARZ are creating waves.

:peace:
I’m sorry if I misunderstood! A lot can be misunderstood in written form. My apologies! And I wish you a Happy and Prosperous 2023!

Vape_Or_Die420

Exactly! Thanks for having my back @VegNVape!

Still, @JyARz response and the lack of apology until being called out was enough for me to have a bad taste in my mouth for future purchases unfortunately .

Last edited:
Vape_Or_Die420,

JyARz

Manufacturer

Still, @JyARz response and the lack of apology until being called out was enough for me to have a bad taste in my mouth for future purchases unfortunately .

Regardless your decision to ever buy another JYAR, I do apologize. I did not mean to offend you in any way.

JyARz

Manufacturer
Good Morning Everyone,

JYARZ is embarking on a new Instagram promotion/competition idea and I'd very much appreciate any input this group has with regard to it.

The objective of the promotion is twofold:

1. Increase awareness of JYARZ as the optimal container for cannabis flower (just flowers for now).
2. Increase awareness of the best small farmers producing the best flowers. Growers need not be commercial/professional growers...independent/home growers welcome to participate.

Plan:

1. Invite 20 approx., growers whom have an Instagram presence to participate in the competition.
2. Winner is the entrant whom receives the most likes on their entry.
3. Entries will be comprised of images or video posted to InstaGram featuring their flowers along with one or two Big Papi containers. Note: JYARZ will send each entrant two big Papis one black and one white.
4. Competition will begin on a specific date and last for 15-20 at which point JYARZ will tally the "likes" and identify the winner.
5. The winner will be featured in a 30-45 second high production value video. That video will included "glamorous" images of a Big Papi being filled with the winner's flowers. then it will be closed and run through a battery of water and shock tests. Then it will be opened and glass removed to feature the unharmed contents inside. JYARZ will use this video to promote the big papi online, in newsletters and on our website.

What do you think? Any feedback welcome as to the plan. And if you or anyone you know might like to participate please reply with their Instagram handle here or have them send a message to me @JyARz on Instagram or via email aldo@jyarz.com.

In the end I would love for JYARZ to be the brand associated with the highest quality flowers and producers/growers/enthusiasts...so that people that grow and enjoy the best know that the best way to secure and maintain it is in a JYAR.

-Aldo

budweis

Comfortably Numb
I've got the impression that every single thread on this forum is a bottomless pit of sorrow for my wallet. After going over this thread I caved and ordered two Classics. Thank God I wasn't able to find a black Satchmo anywhere in the Europe right now. I'm not naive though so once it arrives I will probably do a direct order despite the customs. Loving the vibe surrounding the product and Aldo's enthusiasm.

I feel I'm slowly moving towards a perfect setup. Until there is something I desperately need again of course :shrug:

Last edited:

JyARz

Manufacturer
Good Morning Everyone,

JYARZ is embarking on a new Instagram promotion/competition idea and I'd very much appreciate any input this group has with regard to it.

The objective of the promotion is twofold:

1. Increase awareness of JYARZ as the optimal container for cannabis flower (just flowers for now).
2. Increase awareness of the best small farmers producing the best flowers. Growers need not be commercial/professional growers...independent/home growers welcome to participate.

Plan:

1. Invite 20 approx., growers whom have an Instagram presence to participate in the competition.
2. Winner is the entrant whom receives the most likes on their entry.
3. Entries will be comprised of images or video posted to InstaGram featuring their flowers along with one or two Big Papi containers. Note: JYARZ will send each entrant two big Papis one black and one white.
4. Competition will begin on a specific date and last for 15-20 at which point JYARZ will tally the "likes" and identify the winner.
5. The winner will be featured in a 30-45 second high production value video. That video will included "glamorous" images of a Big Papi being filled with the winner's flowers. then it will be closed and run through a battery of water and shock tests. Then it will be opened and glass removed to feature the unharmed contents inside. JYARZ will use this video to promote the big papi online, in newsletters and on our website.

What do you think? Any feedback welcome as to the plan. And if you or anyone you know might like to participate please reply with their Instagram handle here or have them send a message to me @JyARz on Instagram or via email aldo@jyarz.com.

In the end I would love for JYARZ to be the brand associated with the highest quality flowers and producers/growers/enthusiasts...so that people that grow and enjoy the best know that the best way to secure and maintain it is in a JYAR.

-Aldo
Interesting. No response at all. I suspect I just have to go to where the flower growers hang?

Top Bottom