JyARz Storage Containers

warren0728

i ordered the satchmo's from @cannabis.pro (420EDC) wednesday evening and they were delivered saturday morning ... gotta love fast service!

these are the perfect size for what i was looking for ... in my mind the pics looked like it was a lot smaller than it is ...

i really like them ... i'd probably get a couple more if there were more colors!

thanks everybody again for your help!

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
Molds are in production. Should be done in 2 weeks. Then its time to do any needed fine tuning, then color selection and final production. I think we’ll start with 5 color options. The new design has a closing “button” that will come in red by default but we’ll sell a “sleeve” of different color buttons so you can color code your strains.

Conservatively I’d say October availability. But as you all know I’m hopeless at estimating availability so please take this all with a big grain of salt.

Cheesgr8r

Molds are in production. Should be done in 2 weeks. Then its time to do any needed fine tuning, then color selection and final production. I think we’ll start with 5 color options. The new design has a closing “button” that will come in red by default but we’ll sell a “sleeve” of different color buttons so you can color code your strains.

Conservatively I’d say October availability. But as you all know I’m hopeless at estimating availability so please take this all with a big grain of salt.
Do you still ship old stock from your old website until gone?
cant wait to see the new products.

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
@JyARz just curious if you still donate to ocean clean up?
Not anyone. I’m a believer in the notion that products that endure and are heavily used through time are by far the most environmentally friendly. So we focus heavily on useful and rugged design, which is part of the reason it takes me so damn long to release new products.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Hey everyone. I'm looking for storage that's smell free. It seems like Jyars are what I've been trying to find for a decade or so lol

So I have a couple of questions. I typically have half an Oz of medicine. Which size container would fit that much if pre ground?

Also, what's the size of the smell-proof bag? Ideally I'm looking for something to hold the jyar and my grinder.

Thanks everyone!

Edit: going to read through this thread but I'd like to order soon :brow:

Last edited:
BeltedCoyote,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Depending upon the size of the buds and the density of the cannabis I can usually get about a quarter of unground bud into a Satchmo. You would need a Big Papi for that much bud. I have not yet filled my Big Papi to capacity to measure its capability but it should take a half or more.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Depending upon the size of the buds and the density of the cannabis I can usually get about a quarter of unground bud into a Satchmo. You would need a Big Papi for that much bud. I have not yet filled a Big Papi to capacity to measure its capability but it should take a half or more.

Thank you. So the big papi would take a half unground if I understand you correctly?

Edited to fix my phones autocorrect

BeltedCoyote,
Reactions: cybrguy

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I think I'm going to go with a big papi and a classic. The big for general stash storage, the classic for one the go with my dynavap.

And I can't believe it Im actually catching myself trying to come up with an excuse to buy a Satchmo. Because it's orange. And called a Satchmo lol.

I'm saving up for a couch log.
computers eureka GIF by South Park

I need a classic for the portability. Big Papi for the stock pile, and Satchmo for preground meds for the couch log.

Maybe it's reading this thread but I'm seriously jazzed about these storage solutions.

Might be the first time I've gotten excited about smart storage solutions lol

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Just out of curiosity, why pre-grind a quarter ahead of time? Is that a typical session amount for you?

No, but it's much easier for me to be able to have access to preground when needed rather than having to fiddle with a grinder every time.

A session for me is one load of my m+. Maybe two if it's the evening.

Couch log will be a weekend or special event sort of thing.

Although your question makes me realize a Satchmo probably isn't necessary

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
No, but it's much easier for me to be able to have access to preground when needed rather than having to fiddle with a grinder every time.

A session for me is one load of my m+. Maybe two if it's the evening.

Couch log will be a weekend or special event sort of thing.

Although your question makes me realize a Satchmo probably isn't necessary

I recommend getting a chico for everyday carry use. The classic can hold quite a lot of pre-ground flower! I could probably make one last the better part of a week if I'm the only one using it. But I like to grind a little fresher than that.

Last edited:

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I recommend getting a chico for everyday carry use. The classic can hold quite a lot of pre-ground flower! I could probably make one last the better part of a week if I'm the only one using it. But I like to grind a little fresher than that.

I've thought about that. My situation is basically such that the less time I have to prepare my herbs during a session, the better.

It really would be better, in my situation, to have a weeks worth ground up and ready to go. Having to grind every day makes my goal of being as incognito as possible a lot harder than what I'll be able to do with the classic.
That and I forsee the curved bottom of the Chico being a headache when trying to load my dynavap (my dd)

BeltedCoyote,
Reactions: Petetbay

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I hate the Chico’s rounded bottom, don’t use it anymore. When loading with a DV or spoon the downward pressure shoots herb out from the bottom. I love my Classic and Satchmo, no such problems there. :2c:

That is exactly what I envision myself doing lol

Nothing against the Chico. If I had access to my favorite concentrate, bubble hash, I'd be all over the Chico. But I'm in a non legal state. And none of the states surrounding mine (all legal) seem to do anything but solvents

BeltedCoyote,

florduh

I'm not sure I understand how preground helps you accomplish this, but you know your situation better than I do.

Can't speak for BeltedCoyote. But I'm still living out of various Marriotts for work. Opening a jar of bud and grinding is (arguably) the smelliest part of herb vaping. So only grinding once per day, or even every other day, is part of my OPSEC.

I'm in a unique situation though. And overly paranoid, especially when travelling through the Slave States.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I recommend getting a chico for everyday carry use.
This is the way I roll. I rarely need more than a gram for any given day and usually a ground gram will last me a couple days. I don't like to grind too much more than I'm going to use in a day or two because I don't want it to get dry on me once it's ground .
I hate the Chico’s rounded bottom, don’t use it anymore. When loading with a DV or spoon the downward pressure shoots herb out from the bottom
I usually suck load, whether it be VapCaps or stems for TM or Splinter, so the rounded bottom works fine for me. Maybe even a little better.

cybrguy,
  • Haha
Reactions: Petetbay

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I'm not sure I understand how preground helps you accomplish this, but you know your situation better than I do.

It's a lot quicker to just open one jar, load my dynavap, and close the jar then vape, than it is to deal with opening the bell jar I've got everything in, pull out grinder, unscrew grinder, put grinder away, close bell jar. That and grinding, in my experience, is the smelliest part of the whole thing.

Having my meds preground in the classic for the week cuts out a lot of smell and excess time.

Edit I concur @florduh

Last edited:
Top Bottom