JyARz Storage Containers

Zoltani

Yeah, it's really not a big deal that the glass is loose. I was mostly curious because on the website it says that it takes a good tug with the finger to get the glass out. Again, really liking the containers so far.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I prefer the Chico for concentrates, classic for ground... IMO the Chico is not ideal for ground because material easily blows out if you are in a breezy outdoors area, but I don't have that issue with the classic.

MinnBobber

Yeah, it's really not a big deal that the glass is loose. I was mostly curious because on the website it says that it takes a good tug with the finger to get the glass out. Again, really liking the containers so far.
.............. ....
If your glass is just slightly bigger and barely touches the inner walls, pulling it out creates a vacuum that makes for a hard pull.
I have some like that and some are....easy sliders 😎

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I finally ordered one of the new classics to try out. It is a really nice container...

I have a couple of questions:

1. How easy should it be for the glass insert to slide out of the shell? When i turn mine to dump material out the glass starts to slide out easily.
It’s funny you mention that. My first Satchmo was purchased years ago and was not a “slider”. I loved it and picked up another and the glass slid out much easier. I noticed the first Satchmo had a little pad on the inside of the plastic shell.

bYnW8jo.jpg

I thought they all included that, but didn’t want to bother anyone so I purchased some thin felt pads, they can be a useful item to have on hand. I placed the felt pad on the inside of the new Satchmo’s plastic shell and it worked perfectly. I recently purchased a Classic (classic Classic?) from @Delta3DStudios and it was a “slider”, it seems that is the default now, maybe they used to include the felt pad? Either way it is an easy fix if you don’t like the sliding style, I prefer a snug fit myself! :brow:

r891quN.jpg

skwuhmG.jpg

Last edited:

Zoltani

I have a few of those spring around, great idea. Edit: just put one in, brilliant!

Now that I have tried the silicone sleeve I don't think I can go without. Makes the Jyarz so much nicer and easier to grip with sweaty hands. Gonna have to get a few more sleeves.

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

I fell in love with the satchmos immediately. I gave two of my granny apples to friends and now store my eighths with a 1g 62% boveda pack in each satchmo. I'm trying to be better about noting experiences and effects from different cannabis varieties, hence the labels :p. I love how durable these are, I've dropped quite a few over the years.
How do you place the boveda pack in the container? And is your 1/8th ground? I don’t have one of these and am trying to anticipate size (I’ve been using cvault).

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Mr. Me2: I just stuff a Boveda pack in the bottom of my Satchmo and place my buds on top. The Classic isn’t big enough to warrant a Boveda In my opinion.

Vapor Eyes,
Reactions: z0r

Summer

Long Island, NY
How much does the Satchmo hold? And what is the difference between the Original & triple smell-proof besides $3?

Last edited:
Summer,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Summer: The Satchmo can hold roughly seven grams of unground material. Depending on how fine you grind you could almost double that. Sorry I can’t help with the second question.

Vapor Eyes,
Reactions: Summer

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Aldo can shed some light on the other details, but the updated design has an option for a childproof cap, and the newer version has a new o-ring that is part of the odor blocking design. Additionally, the design has been optimized to absorb even more abuse than the original. The logo was also updated... did I miss anything?

z0r

How do you place the boveda pack in the container? And is your 1/8th ground? I don’t have one of these and am trying to anticipate size (I’ve been using cvault).

Whole bud, depends on the density as sometimes very fluffy strains will take up a lot of space and get slightly squished. Here are some pics to show you, I know some folks prefer that their cannabis not come in contact with the packs so this won't work for them.

Here's a satchmo that I just filled with an eighth of Mimosa :ko:20200531_002617.jpg20200531_002554.jpg

Edit: bahaha it took me taking a picture of the damn pack to see it's 4g, not 1g. I completely forgot that I ordered the wrong size, and my ego refused to accept the truth.:drool::doh:

Last edited:

Zoltani

The latest satchmo I ordered came with a felt pad. I wouldnt have cared if it hadn't.

Stuff stays fresh in the jyarz, even better than Mason jars, anecdotally. Can't wait for the big papi.

Took a couple of the new classics with silicone sleeves for a long day out hiking, scrambling and chimneying around without worry about glass breaking or stuff drying out like in the old plastic nalgene container I used to use. The silicone sleeves really help when your hands are sweaty and I like how they feel in the hand better with them.

All in all I love them and will be ordering more, including some to give as gifts.

Mr. Me2

All in all I love them and will be ordering more, including some to give as gifts. ( quoting effort failed with @Jill NYC)

But you missed my birthday! It was in April. Sucks for me...

Mr. Me2,
Top Bottom