JCVAP "Pockety"

Joshtownsend

What could an intensity setting do except raise the temp?

If it works but just the temp is off, then it's way cheaper than getting a puffco. Not sure why someone would think that's odd

Joshtownsend,

biohacker

I think you're saying you're taking your good stuff and using it on lower grade equipment? Based on price?

Not really, i'm saying you're taking the most expensive atomizer on the market ($125+ if you can even find one) and using it on a product that it's not designed for. Not something I would personally fuck with, but I also can't really even afford a Pockety or a 3DXL chamber these days lol.

I like to tinker with my gadgets

Hey by all means have fun!

What could an intensity setting do except raise the temp?

Only that's exactly what it DOESN'T do :rolleyes: Not sure why you wouldn't do more research... there are so many more resources available outside of this tiny forum, ESPECIALLY for anything Puffco.

Last edited:

Joshtownsend

Not Nice. Warning point issued.
Your not a very pleasant person.

I'm obviously doing research by posting this on one of the only pockety threads on the Internet. What bothers you about me using this place to ask questions and do research. This is one of the best places for vape knowledge i think.
I don't what crawled up your butt. Hey a job and you afford to play with these things instead of unpleasant for no reason

Lighthanded

Getting back on topic here, my pockety gave up this morning on 521 dabs - RIP
Been getting blue screens and random 807 temp readings since around the 400 cycles mark and now its shorted out somewhere im assuming.
Had an event where the temps changed to celsius while cooling down from a cycle and all my presets were changed.
At present i cant get it to recognize the atomizer properly and just have the ---- temp reading with sensor error. Ive rebuilt the atomizer countless times and i cleaned regularly at around every 30-40 dabs. If i play with presets and change temps i get a blue screen.

Contacted John and hes looking into it and will get back to me soon.

2tiki

Getting back on topic here, my pockety gave up this morning on 521 dabs - RIP
Been getting blue screens and random 807 temp readings since around the 400 cycles mark and now its shorted out somewhere im assuming.
Had an event where the temps changed to celsius while cooling down from a cycle and all my presets were changed.
At present i cant get it to recognize the atomizer properly and just have the ---- temp reading with sensor error. Ive rebuilt the atomizer countless times and i cleaned regularly at around every 30-40 dabs. If i play with presets and change temps i get a blue screen.

Contacted John and hes looking into it and will get back to me soon.

Sorry you are going through that. I had the " 807 temp readings" thing happen at around 50 puffs and it wouldn't heat up because I guess it thought it was already too hot. John sent me a new bottom part (I don't know what that is called, maybe the oven? It's the part with the 3 metal circles on the bottom, and has the ceramic part I put the ruby cup in.), and as soon as I switched to that it all went back to normal. No repeat problem yet, though it's only been about a week.

snirgol

Hi guys,

I have a Pockety on its way to me but I did have a question regarding the carb cap. I understand that caps made for the peak pro will work but I don't understand if I need to buy anything else with them or just the cap itself (not sure how you call that rubber piece that the cap fits onto).

Second question, I saw a lot of complaints regarding the stock tether and even from the videos I can see that I am going to hate it. Any recommendations for an upgraded tether? I know people love tuff tether but they are out of stock. A purple one would be nice.

gxk

You want the "Puffco Peak Pro Ball Cap", it includes the rubber gasket and fits the Pockety atomizer. Nothing else needed. I can confirm that the stock tether sucks, I'm doing OK without one.

snirgol

You want the "Puffco Peak Pro Ball Cap", it includes the rubber gasket and fits the Pockety atomizer. Nothing else needed. I can confirm that the stock tether sucks, I'm doing OK without one.
So I need that one + whatever carb cap I want + a tether if I want one?

Lighthanded

Update: John sent out a replacement body unit and a complete atomizer to replace my problematic ones. He even included a ruby insert and the new spinner cap too! Had a play with the new atomizer on my old body and found it still works fine but throws a blue screen occasionally if fiddled with. The new body is going strong and havent had a problem. Very happy with my pockety, so much so im purchasing a backup heater and extra glass to play with. I went back to the banger and torch last few weeks of not having my pockety and my consumption was noticeably higher...

The new spinner cap is vicious. its like an occulus on steroids and if you load big globs and pull hard expect it to throw it everywhere. I found it useful for handsfree and light pulls with small loads and a 4mm pearl. I still prefer the puffco ball cap personally.

Knewt

I have had the JCVAP spinner cap and recycler for a couple of days and I think both are improvements. Dabs are cooler using the new glass. My only complaint is that it is a fight to get the glass in, and the base is only attached to the upper by a thin side tube, and a section that is less than 7 mm in diameter.

snirgol

Figured I would post a mini review after using this device for the past 2 weeks or so. I'll jump to the conclusion first to save you the reading if you prefer: this device blew me away. Now to expand:

The reason I got this device to begin with is very specific, I wanted something easy to use that I can use as mu couch setup when I don't feel like getting a rig dirty and want something light and portable. My main method of consumption has been a banger and torch and recently I moved to enail banger setup. I will also say that I bought the device after hearing many good things from friends so I did have my hopes up.

Now to the device itself. The device is built very well with a good heft and feel to it. The glass sits very securely and the screen is super easy to ready and operate. The operation of the device is super simple as well and the only learning curve I had was with the inhale speed and strength cause I am using to much more open rigs. Once I got that dialed in, the entire thing became a breeze. I am using AlN insert with mine and I setup the 4 modes to 480f, 500, 530, 550 and it hits super nice on all of them!! I was really surprised by the thickness and fullness of the vapor even with very little rosin at 480. Oh and the flavor is fantastic especially at lower temps. Cleaning is also a breeze and you can get it clean with a simple qtip swipe. Another bonus which is pretty awesome in my opinion is that you can torch the AlN cup clean and bring it back to new condition within seconds.

So as I said, I got this device to use on the couch but actually found myself using it like 90% of the time now and don't even use my bangers most days. The ease of use , the consistency and the performance just makes me reach for it most times.

Of course no device is perfect so I do have some things I would like to see improved:

1) I think the airparh can be opened up a tiny bit and be a bit less restrictive.
2) definitely needs a new cap and joystick. It is not very good and I find myself fiddling with it quite a bit. Also, the joystick operation is not very smooth. I do have a puffco pro baller cap on the way so hopefully that takes care of that.
3) removable battery!! It's such a miss to not have one on a device like that!!

Thats pretty much it. A fantastic device at a great price and I can highly recommend it!!

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
Hi guys,

I have a Pockety on its way to me but I did have a question regarding the carb cap. I understand that caps made for the peak pro will work but I don't understand if I need to buy anything else with them or just the cap itself (not sure how you call that rubber piece that the cap fits onto).

Second question, I saw a lot of complaints regarding the stock tether and even from the videos I can see that I am going to hate it. Any recommendations for an upgraded tether? I know people love tuff tether but they are out of stock. A purple one would be nice.
So I had the tuff tether with the stock ball cap but didn’t love it. I just recently bought the new peak pro joystick cap and it works GREAT. I’ve been loving it.

snirgol

So I had the tuff tether with the stock ball cap but didn’t love it. I just recently bought the new peak pro joystick cap and it works GREAT. I’ve been loving it.
That's great to hear! I have a new tether on the way as well and I did hear good things about the puffco pro cap so I am very optimistic.

snirgol,

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others

someguy

I caved and bought the peak pro v2 and 3dxl atomizer. For science I tried the 3dxl chamber on my Pockety, it reads a temperature but it's way off.
This was at 72 degrees room temp, so it's about 35 off when cold. I tried heating it to 550, but the dab started vaporizing and the temp readout was only at 50ish so I quickly canceled so it wouldn't overheat and burn the coil. I figured I would post it on here for the other curious people, it fits fine and will heat but the temp is wrong not just by offset, but by scale also so you can't just bump your setting up and use it. I wouldn't recommend it, I'm not sure if the Pockety would limit the current before burning it out but I don't want to break either device right now so I don't want to let it run. Maybe if I get really bored I'll put a thermocouple on it sometime and find out how hot it gets. I don't think you can set the Pockety low enough to make it useable.
Just tried the regular puffco 3d chamber on the Pockety and it didn't read at all.

Last edited:

OyVape

Well, I couldn’t help noticing the stand for the Pockety. Care to share where it’s from or how you made it?

80Sixed

I caved and bought the peak pro v2 and 3dxl atomizer. For science I tried the 3dxl chamber on my Pockety, it reads a temperature but it's way off.
This was at 72 degrees room temp, so it's about 35 off when cold. I tried heating it to 550, but the dab started vaporizing and the temp readout was only at 50ish so I quickly canceled so it wouldn't overheat and burn the coil. I figured I would post it on here for the other curious people, it fits fine and will heat but the temp is wrong not just by offset, but by scale also so you can't just bump your setting up and use it. I wouldn't recommend it, I'm not sure if the Pockety would limit the current before burning it out but I don't want to break either device right now so I don't want to let it run. Maybe if I get really bored I'll put a thermocouple on it sometime and find out how hot it gets. I don't think you can set the Pockety low enough to make it useable.
Just tried the regular puffco 3d chamber on the Pockety and it didn't read at all.
Interestingly enough, pockety atomizer works on the puffco, takes a minute to get the ruby hot enough tho

MonkeyTime

Is this thing available anywhere for purchase? Not everyone has a 3D printer
Not sure where you're at, but online there are many people/sites that offer to print from file for a cost. The file(s) are free, the printing has a cost.

I've never used them and can't say how they work with price or adapting settings from other printers. But it's an option!

Not sure I feel I need one, but may print one for the fun of it. Where are you, once I fit one, a second one is the easy part.

Top Bottom