• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

JCVAP "Pockety"

Knewt

@Knewt how do you like it with the Ruby? Also what other erigs have you tried before?
I am very happy with the ruby, but it is all that I have tried. I have tried concentrates with my Firefly 2 and it works, but I don’t have great success with this device. I also have a Terp Pen XL that is marginal for me. What I like about the Pockety is the size, convenience, consistency, and speed. I vape in my garage and I have limited space for my vape supplies, the Pockety fits right in. I also have a charger right by the device so battery life is not a concern for me.

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
Has anyone used this with dry herb? I saw on the site that it can be used for both but am not seeing many review for dry herb use.

MidwestMelancholy,

biohacker

The bowls are dumb and the unit has no idea what is in it. But it worked, multiple times now.

Could it be the tension you twist it on with? The Peak Pro 3d is super sensitive to exactly how tight it is otherwise get the flashing atty error cop lights. I think the Pockety uses a very similar atty so maybe when you swapped it out for quartz you hit the sweet spot?

biohacker,

Knewt

Could it be the tension you twist it on with? The Peak Pro 3d is super sensitive to exactly how tight it is otherwise get the flashing atty error cop lights. I think the Pockety uses a very similar atty so maybe when you swapped it out for quartz you hit the sweet spot?
No idea. Right after I posted above it got stuck at 807° F again. This time I took it apart and used a contact cleaning brush that is for camera lenses. It hasn’t had the problem since after maybe 6 or 7 uses. Maybe I just need to take more care when cleaning the heater contacts.

Misterhyde

I usually do cold starts with my pockety, but I did a hot start yesterday and the flavor was way better. A surprise to me because I already think the flavor is so good on the pockety.

Misterhyde,
  • Wow
Reactions: LesPlenty

biohacker

Anyone pre-ordering the Diamondium insert? I think i'll be grabbing a Pockety in the near future, but i'm more of a Ruby gemstone enthusiast!

Misterhyde

Anyone pre-ordering the Diamondium insert? I think i'll be grabbing a Pockety in the near future, but i'm more of a Ruby gemstone enthusiast!

Holy moly! A $2,000 insert?!? I'm thinking go with the ruby lol

I usually do cold starts with my pockety, but I did a hot start yesterday and the flavor was way better. A surprise to me because I already think the flavor is so good on the pockety.
I gotta try this, only been doing cold starts and been amazed by how good it is

Anyone else using a terp pearl as well?

JohnnyApplebees,
Reactions: Shrike

2tiki

Well, I finally joined the club. Ordered the Pockety just now along with some accessories (including the ruby insert).
I'm sure this means that a new version will be announced any day now so I can regret it. LOL

It takes about 2 weeks to get to the West Coast of the USA, right? That's ample time to find out about a new version before I even receive it. 😜

I'm sure this means that a new version will be announced any day now so I can regret it. LOL

It takes about 2 weeks to get to the West Coast of the USA, right? That's ample time to find out about a new version before I even receive it. 😜
I asked the JCVAP instagram and was told a new version wouldn't be coming out for a least a year when I bought mine a month ago

someguy

I got one on the way, I'm excited to try it. Is there any way to use this with a bottomless banger? That's my preferred way to use my dtv5...

someguy,

80Sixed

Idk if anyone cares, BUT

Been messing around with the jcvap pockety atomizer on the puffco guardian. Boy howdy is that nice, retains heat like a mf, BUT doesn’t seem to go much over 500f

That being said 480f plays at ~470f, or at least claims to in the app, and is *chefs kiss* at about 35 seconds with a fat grain of cooked sushi rice sized dab. Max vapor setting but idk how much that actually matters, and how much it’s like a ramp up setting. Also nice that when the puffco would for sure char, leftover dab wipes off with like no resistance.

The reasoning for this experiment was 1. Being able to use my Ruby elsewhere, but 2. The pockety resets regularly and doesn’t keep my heat setting at all.

2tiki

I got my shipping confirmation today. The tracking info shows it leaving from here in the US. Is there a US wearhouse that sends out US order? If this is correct, I may end up getting the Pockety in the next couple days. 😁

Knewt

I got my shipping confirmation today. The tracking info shows it leaving from here in the US. Is there a US wearhouse that sends out US order? If this is correct, I may end up getting the Pockety in the next couple days. 😁
I think that mine shipped from a warehouse in California, but that was 3 or 4 grams ago so I can’t really remember.

2tiki

I think that mine shipped from a warehouse in California, but that was 3 or 4 grams ago so I can’t really remember.
Someone on another forum mentioned that they probably use a service in the USA to send the packages to, and then they get it into the hands of the USPS. So basically the tracking is pointless. At least in the beginning. I looked closer at the tracking and it just says "third party" or something like that. So even though it's been a week, there is no actual tracking to show where it is. I'm going to try my hardest to forget I ordered this so I can stop thinking about it, and hopefully it will show up next week. LOL

I just really don't want it left outside possibly for days without me knowing. It's likely to get stolen.

someguy

I have 22 dabs on the pockety now and I want to share my initial impressions for future searchers.

It's a mostly solid feeling device, the buttons feel good and the case feels stiff with no flex and it's surprisingly heavy thanks to the dual 18650 batteries I assume.

The battery life is decent but not great, I wish it had a battery door for when the cells start to wear out or the USB port fails. Charge speed is not great, I think it probably charges at 2 amps 5v instead of using USB-C PD protocols for fast charging because it doesn't charge if I plug it into my google branded 30w pixel charger with USB C to C cable but it charges fine on an old Asus brick with a USB A to C cable. It also works on the google brick if I use a USB C to A adapter then an A to C cable. I may buy one of those little USB dongles that display voltage and amperage of the charging to try to figure out exactly what is happening. Charge speed is probably not going to be a problem for me, but I could see it being a problem if you have several people using the device for an extended period.

The stock glass is not great, it fits loosely, wobbling about and rotating in it's socket quite easily. However it's not bad enough to cause serious problems with use, it's just knocking points off in the fit and finish column IMO. Also in my personal opinion, the solid glass rod stuck to the bubbler just looks dumb and I would prefer not to have it. The function is adequate but no more, the bubbler cools the vapor slightly but much less than my Peak glass, I regret not getting the upgraded glass piece. One positive thing I can say about the bubbler is if I fill it with the minimum amount of water I can suck quite hard without getting water in my mouth. A glass adapter that allowed you to use Peak glass or even core 2.0/carta glass would be nice, if a little top heavy.

I checked the heater with a thermocouple in various spots around the white ceramic heater both with and without the SiC insert, and it appears to be about 50F low, but it is stable and doesn't really have the steady climb in temperature past max that I have noticed with my DTV5 at times. So it's fine, you just have to adjust your preferred temps by 50 degrees. I wish there was a button combination that would allow me to set a temperature offset for calibration when I replace the heater, or better yet an escribe style desktop application that allowed me full custom firmware in the future.

The stock tether sucks, it's too short and wants to pop the carb cap out of place. I tried to stretch it out and to my complete lack of surprise it broke very easily. With the tether in the bin and a little break in period the carb cap fits much better and thankfully Peak Pro caps are compatible so you have a world of (kinda expensive) options, I found a bradley miller spinner core for $30 on sale so hopefully that combined with the peak pro bubble cap rubber will make a nice auto spinner. I have a peak pro bubble cap that I currently use in my nightstand/backup rig Peak OG with 3Grams 3d heater, and it fits nicely. Once you get the cap on there and fit snugly in though it does it's job quite well and I think the best option for people that don't want to spend extra is to take the tether off and use it like that. I ordered a tether off of Etsy, hopefully it works well.

There is a rubber coating on the bottom, but it is flush with the metal case around the edges, so it keeps it from sliding but I would still be cautious setting it down on a material that can scratch because the metal edge still contacts the table if you are a tiny bit off perpendicular when you set it down.

The best thing about this device is how it feels like it just has mountains of torque. You can load it down with some pretty good size dabs for an erig and it just chucks vapor from the start until the end of the session or the dab runs out. The SiC insert is just as easy to clean as I was led to believe.

The bubbler really isn't up to the task of cooling the sheer volume of vapor this thing boils off like a nuclear cooling tower. The whip attachment running through my recycler is much better but I hate the fiddly, tippy, nature of the connection. I'm going to get an adapter and try my Hubble Bubble on it and if that doesn't work i guess I will get the upgrade glass. I really wish I could use this beast in a bottomless banger though. Others may find their lungs can handle the hits just fine with the stock glass but I really would like more cooling.

This might look like a lot of nit picking and it is, I really like the device overall. The temp control is really good and the price is much lower than the Peak Pro, I got mine for around $180 on sale with coupon and SiC insert. Shipping was fast and it arrived undamaged. With a little refinement and especially if the firmware was open-sourced for tinkering I think this could easily be the best device on the market. It's a face-melter with the precision to avoid scorching your dabs.

It also has an auto shut off, which will save your battery some.

Top Bottom