JCVAP Poby Smart Dab Rig Vaporizer

DeezVaprz

Hello all. I haven't seen a thread on this new device coming in so I hope this is alright. *Not a rep or affiliated*

I held off on the Pockety due to the form factor, but this guy looks like it'll be right at home on my desk. USB-C, compatible with proxy glass, decently priced (imo). Wood, glass and 14mm options available too and I'm loving the dome cover. Currently available for a pre-order price of $103.20 – $115.20 ($129.00 – $144.00 after) but looks like it should be shipping within a few weeks. Coils also available for under $20.

Anyone already jump in?

"Key Features:

1.Glazed Ceramic Heater for True 3D Heating:
Heat isn’t just distributed from the bottom; it envelops you from all sides, ensuring a smooth and flavorful draw. Plus, the ceramic heater is easily replaceable, ensuring longevity and cost-effectiveness.

2.Versatile Compatibility: Poby is not just a vaporizer; it’s a gateway to endless possibilities. It seamlessly connects to a variety of Rig Bubbles through a 14mm adapter, making it the perfect companion for all your sessions. Plus, it’s compatible with all Proxy glass, ensuring you can enjoy your Poby however you like.

3.Customizable Temperature Settings: Take control of your vaping experience with Poby’s four adjustable temperature settings. Different temperatures mean different flavors, and Poby shows you the way. Whether you prefer a gentle, aromatic vape or a robust hit, Poby has you covered.

4.Adjustable Heating Time: Time is of the essence, and Poby understands that. Choose from 35s, 45s, or 60s heating times to suit your schedule and preferences. Get to the perfect temperature in seconds and enjoy your concentrates without waiting around.

5.Safety and Convenience: Poby’s large glass cover ensures you can handle it without fear of burning your fingers. And when it’s time for cleanup, it’s a breeze! Keep your Poby in pristine condition effortlessly.

Poby is not just a vaporizer; it’s a lifestyle. Elevate your vaping game with the Poby experience and savor every moment. Unleash the full potential of your concentrates, discover new flavors.

Get ready to experience vaping like never before.

Note:The clear flat bottom hand pipe and 14mm male joint adaptor also fit the proxy."

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Am I missing something?
A bit different atty than most with the impregnated ceramic from what I can see and the whole Poby costs way less than my new 3DXL Puffco atty,
Poby_Real_3D_heating.jpg

solidsnake02

Alternatively, it's a proxy-compatible base for 1/3rd of the cost.

I'm curious how it performs compared to the proxy, and what concessions were made to hit the price point. Any videos of the beta product in use?
Concessions? Likely none. Puffco simply charges a lot more due to their overhead and marketing spend. Probably very similar overall.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
1.Glazed Ceramic Heater for True 3D Heating: Heat isn’t just distributed from the bottom; it envelops you from all sides, ensuring a smooth and flavorful draw. Plus, the ceramic heater is easily replaceable, ensuring longevity and cost-effectiveness.

Looks just like the heater cups in the Devine Tribe V5, and Core2, which is a good thing…

badbee

I feel dumb, but where does the power come from? What makes it hot? Is there a heating base or battery pack not shown?

popitup

I cannot tell, are all of these pictures renders?

Does there exist a video of the real device?

Edit: I see the product page includes a video.

Last edited:

DeezVaprz

Welp, I went ahead and took the plunge. Estimated ship date is 12/23 as of now.

Total was $139.84 shipped, got the dry flat bottom "twilight" pipe with 2 spare replacement heaters. I also saw an $8 credit after the order which was neat. I almost pulled the trigger on a sub $220 Bloom Proxy, but decided to hold off. I hope I made the right choice!

I went with the dry pipe because there are a few nice proxy water rigs I've seen for down the line, and currently use my V1 Core w/ Sic cup with water. Looks like they added a bunch of new glass options all within the similar price range.

I'm betting this hits more like a DTV5 then a Proxy; I think this will be REALLY up my ally.

I was thinking the same thing based on how the cup looks. The form factor of the cup reminds me of the Crossing Tug or Lightning Quest heaters. I love my DV / Crossing devices so fingers "crossed"! :rofl:

Gnome34

Welp, I went ahead and took the plunge. Estimated ship date is 12/23 as of now.

Total was $139.84 shipped, got the dry flat bottom "twilight" pipe with 2 spare replacement heaters. I also saw an $8 credit after the order which was neat. I almost pulled the trigger on a sub $220 Bloom Proxy, but decided to hold off. I hope I made the right choice!

I went with the dry pipe because there are a few nice proxy water rigs I've seen for down the line, and currently use my V1 Core w/ Sic cup with water. Looks like they added a bunch of new glass options all within the similar price range.

I was thinking the same thing based on how the cup looks. The form factor of the cup reminds me of the Crossing Tug or Lightning Quest heaters. I love my DV / Crossing devices so fingers "crossed"! :rofl:

Has it arrived yet? Curious to hear your thoughts on it!

DeezVaprz

Has it arrived yet? Curious to hear your thoughts on it!
Nope, received shipping confirmation yesterday so I'm guessing it'll be in my hands in about 2 weeks or so. Pics and thoughts to follow of course!

Just an update for the thread, I sent JCVAP a message on IG requesting to stick with the wood style body instead of going with the "twilight" glass. They said it would not be a problem but I didn't see the order page updated so we'll see what I end up with. Either way, with so many heady and off the shelf options available for the proxy, it's only a matter of time before one makes its way to me.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Well, went ahead and ordered one of these and a spare cup :) (I went w/ the Twilight glass, but if I like the device, see adding other pipes in the future ... really hopeful this hits somewhat like a DTv5/Core2 w/ a Proxy form factor)

DeezVaprz

Time to consider this PoBoy released because it has arrived, and so far so (mostly) good!

More thorough thoughts to follow but just a few first thoughts (and pics) below.

Device itself (battery, glass top) feel great. Wood mouthpiece leaves a bit to be desired in terms of finish but works ok. Glad to have the OG set but I see myself getting a glass dry piece at some point. Another issue with the wood is that there seems to be too much of a gap below so at first I wasn't able to get a good draw. I used a makeshift gasket (hair tie, lol) and messaged John on IG about it, and he offered to ship a 3D/5D JCVAP chamber gasket. I will take him up on the offer, but my fix works for now. I don't imagine anyone having this issue with any other mouthpiece options.

Ripped out the attached cap (wish you could remove it without ripping but oh well) and am using the included turbo cap. The silicone ring needed to make the cap fit was shipped out from NY and arrived a week or two ago beforehand. Works neat and spins the ruby I dropped in there.

Cups are nice but feel a little flimsy due to the design, I'd be careful when handing the device without the glass dome over it. After several back to back sessions at levels 1 and 2 (white and green) the device did get a little warm to the touch but nothing uncomfortable. Also, make sure you remove the protective film over the LED area!

Glass dome looks awesome, LED strips light it up nicely. Gets cloudy quick but part of the business with trates I suppose. Inner glass walls keep the cup from moving too much when using QTips, but you'll definitely feel it rattling around.

Took about an hour and a half to charge. I used it a before charging until dead (not looking to get into charging etiquette debates, I've tried fully charging devices before, both ways have been fine for me :p) and plugged in at 8:08. Removed it a few times while adjusting my "gasket" but noticed the green LEDs around 940. It does not support USB C to C charging, USB A to C is required (and included).

So far, I am happy with my purchase but a little disappointed in the wood option (I figured it'd be a gamble). The device itself is great and I'm looking forward to getting some more use out of it. It would have been nice to be able to use the leash with this new spinner cap, but it's a small gripe. OH! And the cup itself seems to emit a clicking or buzzing sound when heating up, similar to the mighty maybe? Not too worried, just wanted to point it out. Otherwise, I'll report my findings as time allows!

Last edited:

Darth Gram Gram

Time to consider this PoBoy released because it has arrived, and so far so (mostly) good!

More thorough thoughts to follow but just a few first thoughts (and pics) below.

Device itself (battery, glass top) feel great. Wood mouthpiece leaves a bit to be desired in terms of finish but works ok. Glad to have the OG set but I see myself getting a glass dry piece at some point. Another issue with the wood is that there seems to be too much of a gap below so at first I wasn't able to get a good draw. I used a makeshift gasket (hair tie, lol) and messaged John on IG about it, and he offered to ship a 3D/5D JCVAP chamber gasket. I will take him up on the offer, but my fix works for now. I don't imagine anyone having this issue with any other mouthpiece options.

Ripped out the attached cap (wish you could remove it without ripping but oh well) and am using the included turbo cap. The silicone ring needed to make the cap fit was shipped out from NY and arrived a week or two ago beforehand. Works neat and spins the ruby I dropped in there.

Cups are nice but feel a little flimsy due to the design, I'd be careful when handing the device without the glass dome over it. After several back to back sessions at levels 1 and 2 (white and green) the device did get a little warm to the touch but nothing uncomfortable. Also, make sure you remove the protective film over the LED area!

Glass dome looks awesome, LED strips light it up nicely. Gets cloudy quick but part of the business with trates I suppose. Inner glass walls keep the cup from moving too much when using QTips, but you'll definitely feel it rattling around.

Took about an hour and a half to charge. I used it a before charging until dead (not looking to get into charging etiquette debates, I've tried fully charging devices before, both ways have been fine for me :p) and plugged in at 8:08. Removed it a few times while adjusting my "gasket" but noticed the green LEDs around 940. It does not support USB C to C charging, USB A to C is required (and included).

So far, I am happy with my purchase but a little disappointed in the wood option (I figured it'd be a gamble). The device itself is great and I'm looking forward to getting some more use out of it. It would have been nice to be able to use the leash with this new spinner cap, but it's a small gripe. OH! And the cup itself seems to emit a clicking or buzzing sound when heating up, similar to the mighty maybe? Not too worried, just wanted to point it out. Otherwise, I'll report my findings as time allows!

Extremely thorough and helpful review! Thank you!

The_dude_

Has anyone else gotten their poby yet!

I just got mine in as well. I’m going to run it side by side with my proxy tonight.

Top Bottom