Introducing the Pucc Grinder

Hammahead

I'd try one. As soon as my SC gives up the ghost.
Given that my Space Case has been in daily use for at least 18 years now, that might take some time ;) - the Pucc looks great though. @Pucc Grinder - have you found a european distributor? Cheapest shipping to Germany is 37$ - so I'm gonna stick with what I got ;)

Hammahead,
Reactions: Magic9

Pucc Grinder

Manufacturer
Given that my Space Case has been in daily use for at least 18 years now, that might take some time ;) - the Pucc looks great though. @Pucc Grinder - have you found a european distributor? Cheapest shipping to Germany is 37$ - so I'm gonna stick with what I got ;)
Unfortunately not at this time :( I'm looking in to how to get that shipping price down.

Pucc Grinder,

Pucc Grinder

Manufacturer
I've added another carrier option to worldwide shipping that should bring the price down significantly.

Pucc Grinder,
Reactions: Hammahead

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Price point is spot on...I didn’t even debate while sitting in the pool sipping beers and vaping. Order placed :cool::brow:

xsteve420

my pucc came yesterday
gave it a quick wipe with a iso qtip and came away clean.
I really like that it is magnetic I am always almost cross threading my super weapon II
also the grind is good for me I dont have to turn it upside down to get it how I like it.
has no machining marks
heres some bad pics lol

xsteve420

my pucc came yesterday
gave it a quick wipe with a iso qtip and came away clean.
I really like that it is magnetic I am always almost cross threading my super weapon II
also the grind is good for me I dont have to turn it upside down to get it how I like it.
has no machining marks
heres some bad pics lol

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I don't understand why any grinder would put the stem with the magnet coming down from the center of the top piece. That just smashes herb under it into the bottom grind-plate in the center (unless you have teeth on the center piece, like the BCG). I want nothing to do with any new grinder that gets that simple thing backwards/wrong.

Ramahs,
Reactions: Ganjora

xsteve420

lol my spacecase and swII are the same I've just never stuck bud on the magnet so I have never had issues with it. but I agree it would be best if the post was not on the top it should be on the grind plate

Nomad #111

Hi all,
I keep being accused of copying the Brilliant Cut Grinder and I'd like to address it.
The brilliant cut was an inspiration, as it is beautifully aesthetic. I wanted to bring that to the sub $50. (They do not look the same though. Very different patterns.)
Yes they are both thread less.... but so are other grinders....
Yes they are both 3 pieces... but so are other grinders......

The functionality of the grinders is very different in 2 main categories;
  • The brilliant cut grinder has a clam shell locating mechanism to mate their bottom and middle piece. Mine uses a simple polygon shape on the outer diameters.
  • The brilliant cut piece uses the top's teeth to center itself on the center column rising up from the middle piece. Mine just uses the outer diameter of the middle, and inner diameter of the upper to locate on (Like 99.9% of other grinders)
If you hold these two grinders hand in hand... they are very different.

Edited- I removed the emails because they are not allowed.
No way. Your design is certainly original. Fuck the haters. Looks like a nice grinder.

LabPong

I agree with Nomad......

But the only reason many try to compare it to the BCG is because:

It looks smooth and ergonomic, nice finish work!
It is 3 piece with NO SCREEN
It has a center post in the bottom, and the bottom catch are is larger than a normal sifting grinder or other past designs.

Get over people....its obvious this grinder is not the same performer as the BCG. And that said, I have a BCG but use my stupid little S&B mills most often. But I would not mind trying out one of these Pucc grinders. :tup:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
One can see the inspiration from the BCG, but then again it's cool to see that other manufacturers are adopting for example the threadless design. Looking a bit closer I see quite a few differences between the Pucc and the BCG and wouldn't consider the former a copycat at all. As a BCG fan I welcome a wider variety of good grinders in a more affordable price range.

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Those center post magnets are pretty deep hence the height and possible issues with design. You can either have it in the center and squish buds if you load the center of the other side or say on the BCG the sides can be squished if you load to the edge around that center post.

The only grinder I have that has the center post in the midde part AND the inner lip in the middle is my Jyarz grinder and I have to spin it forEVER to get all the ground flower down through the holes. Other than that it’s perfect for me. I just wanted one without any threads and I’m used to loading around that post in my SCS.
My Pucc will be here Friday. I’ll post up some thoughts.

I do agree it seems bass-ackwards in almost every grinder:lol:

alltoreup,

ginolicious

I see nothing wrong with what he’s done here. He’s created an affordable grinder in similar fashion to the BCG. No different then the vape from boundless that resembles a crafty. Or a watch that is a homage watch to a Rolex.

I would like a 4pc. 3pc never been my thing. But curious how this grinder plays out as the BCG are way out of my price range for a grinder.

notams

toke down Babylon
What they said.

Dude, screw all haters. BCG was an inspiration. So what?

Sub $50 'merican made with the actual craftman / artist representing his product personally and professionally - now that's inspirational.

I'm not in the market. But, if I was. No question, it'd be in the mail right now.

Ima vape a bowl in your honor. Then I'll combust ' n dump in honor of the haters.

Pucc Grinder

Manufacturer
I don't understand why any grinder would put the stem with the magnet coming down from the center of the top piece. That just smashes herb under it into the bottom grind-plate in the center (unless you have teeth on the center piece, like the BCG). I want nothing to do with any new grinder that gets that simple thing backwards/wrong.
I never put nugs into the center so I don't run into this problem. I see how this would cause an annoyance though!

The Pucc Grinder,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I never put nugs into the center so I don't run into this problem. I see how this would cause an annoyance though!

I've always found it to be a lot easier for bits of herb to get trapped and smashed under the magnet while grinding when the magnet comes down from the top grinding plate. It's a lot less likely for bits of herb to find their way onto the top of the magnet and get squashed while grinding when the magnet is on the top of the pedestal coming up from the bottom grind plate.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
I just placed my order today. I'm very excited! I have been using a very cheap crappy grinder for the last 2 years now, and it's about ready for retirement. I picked up one of the black ones and can't wait for it to arrive! This will be the first quality grinder I've ever purchased, and I'm happy to give them my money. I'll post pics when it arrives!

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
I received my pucc grinder on time yesterday. I did a quick ultrasonic clean and while it was drying I noticed the little red stripes on the magnets that must just be to indicate poles. A little qtip and iso action took that right off.

Fit and finish on the grinder is spot on. It’s a really nice smooth design and I really like the subtle design on top and bottom that basically serves as the logo. That is quality design in itself.

I purposely let my Jyarz get empty so I could refill them with the new grinder. So far I’ve put about a qtr through it with 4 different strains with differing consistency and dryness. This grinder did it all with ease.
None of that hard to start spinning action like I have with my SCS. My 3 piece SCS with its fancy sharp trapezoids or whatever the fuck do work but at the cost of me having to put in a forearm workout to get that thing to grind my dank ass nugs. The teeth on the Pucc just rip right through those nugs. They work like they should and it’s quick to grind up material and it’s through the holes and in the bottom 5x faster than my Jyarz grinder.
OH and there’s no threads! LOL. The best part of the grinder is mentioned last because it checks all the boxes I had before I even get to the fact there’s not any fucking threads. I LOVE it.
The last thing I’ll mention is the keif left in the bottom of this thing is minimal compared to my SCS. That tells me I’m not beating up the flower when it’s ground like i was with my SCS. I would have much more in the SCS than in the Pucc from the same material.

The grind might be a bit finer than my SCS but not much. Negligible at best. Medium fine I would say.

I would recommend anyone on the fence about this to give it a try. My SCS has already been sold to a buddy.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
So I got my Pucc grinder in yesterday, and I am very impressed!! Machining it great, it shreds herb up easily, the magnets hold everything together very securely, there are no sharp edges, and it just feels really good in the hand!
20200616_155216.jpg
Obviously these are just first impressions and I will need more time with it, but I will say that the ground storage area in the bottom half of the grinder is deceptively deep!!
20200616_174130-01.jpeg
Even though it's using magnets, I don't feel any danger of the bottom half opening up if I decided to throw it in my pocket. The locking design is very effective. The herb in the pictures is some really tough stuff that my other grinder was never able to fully shred. The Pucc did it with very little effort!
Going from a cheap Amazon grinder to something high quality like this, you can really see the difference. This will for sure be my daily grinder going forward! (Also thought it was worth mentioning that the red lines that indicate magnetism polarity came right off with an ISO swab.)

Top Bottom