Introducing the Clear Dome Flame Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I just thought I could start a new thread about my last vaporizing device . I had the personal goal to make a full borosilicat glass vaporizer when I start to blow glass about 2 years ago as it was looking like something easy to do but than after few try I just put this project on the shelf and stop really working on it .The main idea was to make something that work with a simple cigaret lighter but my first prototypes was pretty ugly , way to big and not super efficiant (cause it was making dark spot or to thin vapor) . There is about 3 month ago I finaly found how to creat an evenly heat mass from a flame . Since I have been working on the look and how to make it more ergonomic / user friendly . Keep in mind that it can be add to any water pipe or can be made on a ''sherlock'' shape so it can fit in your pocket .I know I'm not the only one to make those kind of flame filter , I have seen many shape and idea about those but like some of you already know , it is all about how the heat move throught the herb , about the heat mass , the shape and size of the bowl and what temperature is reach inside the bowl .Now my friends are all adicted to it and all want one ......LOL

With this thread I'm not trying to sell it but I really want to share what I came up with as I'm so happy to finaly came up with something that I'm proud to show :brow:.For now it is not for sale as it will be test soon by some Fc members and also keep in mind that I'm only a glass blower working in my own lil shop on many many project at the times to keep my shop alive , so I dont think I will mass produce this , it might be only for the members this nice forum who will be interest in it . The one I use in my video is my personal prototype on a straight 50mm tube (with no downstem as you can see cause I fill like it thin out the vaper some times when it is over filtered and also cause I was hoping to show the best vapor possible). no special light as been use , it is the morning here and the sun is pretty shinning .

Here is the best video I came up with just 2 minutes ago with about .2 of normal herb , well dry and finely crush .Also I used a normal bic lighter just to show that it work well with it but I preffer using a small torch as it make a ''cleaner flame'' .I also creat this new thread just to keep my glass thread for talking about glass ;) hope you'll enjoye !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXLFFJi-4E0

:peace:

Clear_Dome,

collegerower

CD,

Congrats on a great looking product. It really looks like something to be proud of. I was amazed at how many large hits you got from it.

It is for sure something I would look into later down the road :brow:

collegerower,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Fuck yeah! So sweet to see all that hard work pay off. From that vid it looks really easy to use; no need to worry about regulating the flame like you have to with a VG or VS. Looked like a nice even roast too!

I'm really excited for this and for you, congrats, buddy!

:tup:

vtac,

spazo555

Congrats CD, I've only bin on FC for a few months now and am happy to know that all your hard work is paying off. Im looking forward to the 3 pieces your hooking up. My PD and SSV setup is gonna be tiight haha. Also looking forward to be being one of your beta testers. Your the fuuckin maan haha :lol:.

spazo555,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thats awesome CD! Those vapor hits look so nice and thick, very impressive!

+1 for Canadian ingenuity :brow:

The Oracle,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Very nice! This looks like the essential vaporizing-bong converter the world been waiting for, with some style in the bowl to boot :cool:
Congratulations on a great invention!

I'm definitely up for being a beta tester ;)

sneezyjesus,

Plant

The one for the sherlock is it gonna be for the wooden ones like this one

cuzz than i'm getting one

Plant,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CD - that is awesome dude! As BMI said, Canadian Ingenuity! Props my friend!

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Thanks all ! really happy to even recieve good comment from other vap maker !! there is a really small learning curve , every one that tried it seem to get a pretty nice vapor from the first puffs .

Plant said:
The one for the sherlock is it gonna be for the wooden ones like this one
[url]http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6995/pipej.jpg[/url]

cuzz than i'm getting one
nop it will fit on a glass sherlock but I'll have to work on the shape to get someting not disproportionate

Clear_Dome,

captainhits

Retailer
Nice job man. I was the one person who swore by this method but had to use the highly critisized metal/painted vapor buddy only because a glass version wasn't available. I only vape bho now but way to go brother! That is a VERY solid idea and if you decide you want to sell them we'd love to carry them on our site. :peace:

captainhits,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Thanks for the offer captainhits ! that's always good to hear , I will keep that in mind !

here is the 4 set that I will send as beta test unit , does are not all exacly the same , some will heat more and some will heat less but you still can try deferent breath to play with the temperature . I know in the picture it just look like a bubble with a hole but there is realy a flame diffuser inside the bubble that make an uniform heat flow .
DSCF1570.jpg

I already choose some testers so if I did'nt contact you it is because there was no other places . I wish I could have do more beta unit but as usual I'm out of gong even if I already ordering them like 200-300 at the time . Also note that I have a put a regular 18mm glass on glass on the top so you can see how the one I use is thicker

Clear_Dome,

Bananiq

Very nice work! Those units seems very solid, congratz on creating all glass vape! ... could u make some brief sketch of the flame diffusor? I m really curious how this thing works... there are some serious milkshots in the vid!

Bananiq,

Beezleb

Outstanding! I will most certainly want one once you get to the point of selling them.

Beezleb,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
wow CD i havent posted in awhile but this brings my interest back to your threads. :brow:

illadelph,

fidget

Fantastic looking.
Only been vaping since Christmas (Iolite then Extreme Q last month), now I think I'm going to end up addicted to custom glassware!
I've seen your incredible custom elbows - do you ship to UK?

fidget,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
fidget said:
Fantastic looking.
Only been vaping since Christmas (Iolite then Extreme Q last month), now I think I'm going to end up addicted to custom glassware!
I've seen your incredible custom elbows - do you ship to UK?
yep I do ship all around the world

Just a note , please keep this page talking about the flame filter. pd accesories and other glass related request should be done via email or in my other glass thread

Clear_Dome,

hereatlast

Lookin good CD; its these types of little add-ons to preexisting glass that can make the transition to vaping all the easier. :peace:

hereatlast,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
CD...that's way cool. I don't know whether I am more impressed with the device or how much vapor you can consume at once...I'm surprised you remembered to turn off the camera after all those hits!

stickstones,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Awesome concept CD. Great work too. I think it could use a bit of work on execution however.... I know these are betas, so I hope those who are testing them give it a serious rundown....

Just a thought I had already watching your videos; air is moving exceptionally fast past the herb (your lungs > large bore bong > narrow bore joint > even more narrow point where flame enters) which kinda seemed to be the reason the first hits were 'airy', and the last ones were really milky (it was finally melting the wax heads and actives).

Maybe some length could be added to the flame intake bowl to 'slow' it down, and keep the heat around the herbs longer.

The device in which your using the CDFF with probably has a lot to do with vapor density and effectiveness. Have you tried it with a downstem (water filtration)? Or on any other pieces?

Anyways, you certainly know what the fuck you are doing more than myself and please, just take this as some stoned insight. I actually saw some videos of this thing a few days ago on your youtube and wanted to talk to you about it. Glad to see a thread. Major props, and I hope to see more developments of this in the future!

SpiralArchitect,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Is the "flame diffuser" made from glass? can it be removed? can the whole item be clean with ISO? Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

Purple-Days

CD is the flame thrower. ;) Beautiful.

You have to put me on your growing list.

Stay cool next to that flame. :cool: I mean the big flame for making the beautiful glass.

Purple-Days,

Bananiq

So happy to see 2 differend methods of vaporizing devices developing going on different paths (bong attachement vs electronic device) but the same direction :) You know, something we all were waiting for -> Clear Dome's Flame Filter + The VapeXhale Cloud => All-Glass Heaven .. :2c: :peace:

Bananiq,

FEAR420

FEAR420,

masejl12

Those are beautiful! I love how this vape is custom, not one the same. By the way, that video is sick, especially impressed for never stirring the bowl. I can tell that once the glass heats up after a few rips, it makes it much easier to get thick vapor hits :brow: .

masejl12,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom