Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

olysh pops

Does anyone have any idea why so little ketamine was seized ? After cannabis, cocaine, mushrooms, lsd and mdma, a little trace of ketamine always feels good, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@Bologna you are being extremely rude to members and to my home state. If you can't play nice, you're not going to play at all.

I'm only going to give you one warning point, although you deserve multiple in this thread. You are now on an extended vacation from FC.

It's really not that hard to be nice to your fellow humans. Please consider giving that a try.

:peace:

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
@Bologna you are being extremely rude to members and to my home state. If you can't play nice, you're not going to play at all.

I'm only going to give you one warning point, although you deserve multiple in this thread. You are now on an extended vacation from FC.

It's really not that hard to be nice to your fellow humans. Please consider giving that a try.

:peace:
To get this thread back on topic, and inspired by Stu spanking the bologna….

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

It's just a proposal to reduce the amount of cows, right? This farmer lobbyist rhetoric seems to be dramatic demagoguery. I'd argue the "sacrificial cult" of consumers of animal products is more worrisome than this proposal. I mean, where's the humanity in breeding animals for the sole purpose of being a commodity? Destined to be slaughtered for food? While there's plant based alternatives negating the need for this tragedy that not only devours animals, but the ecosystem as a whole.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The climate zars have begun to ration out life to cut down carbon emissions.

An argument can be made that anyone who's onboard with the sacrificial cult has forsaken humanity.
Increasingly tough decisions will be more frequent and more controversial than this proposal.
And it is only a proposal atm, I think "begun rationing out life" is a huge exaggeration.

I find it comical, just how defensive carnivores become at the mention of alternatives.

The cited article approaches this topic completely from an economic perspective, even making the assumption that Brazil will absorb the beef demand, thus destroying rain forest. So, using a climate issue to argue against taking measures to mitigate human effect on climate! Brilliant!

Wait! @fucreg123, are you saying that reducing the cattle herd in Ireland is somehow sacrificing the animals to a cult????? Aren't cattle "sacrificed" daily for the carnivore-consumption cult?

Please, exactly what "life" are you saying is being rationed? Yours? the cows? The Irish? :shrug:

Last edited:

florduh

dramatic demagoguery

"Dramatic Demagoguery" is a great alternative name for "The National Review".

Climate Change Deniers would be a little less annoying if they'd just admit: "we won".

Literally every government on earth has sided with the Deniers. Yes, they will sometimes virtue signal to people who understand how chemistry works. But when it comes to action, they all behave as though climate change is a big 'ol hoax.

Behold, Brandon The Marxist. The guy who is going to take away our Burger. The Guy who's gonna make us live in the Pod and eat the Bugs:

So the climate change deniers have won. They could at least be magnanimous in victory.

Anyway. Totally unrelated Floriduh news....

This Is Fine GIF

Last edited:

Trajectory.

Knewt

The climate zars have begun to ration out life to cut down carbon emissions.

An argument can be made that anyone who's onboard with the sacrificial cult has forsaken humanity.
If you are educated and paying attention to the world, it is humanity that has forsaken humanity. The powers in control (the puppet masters) don’t give a damn about anything except more power.

Knewt,

florduh

Deadpool 3 Movie To Be Suspended Indefinitely

Didn't even know another one was being made, but I'm now disappointed lol

Yeah. That is a bummer. Deadpool is just about the only superhero movie series I enjoy.

You should email this piece of shit: robert.iger@disney.com

He's got the power to put an end to this, tomorrow.

Just the interest payments on the debt he (very stupidly) took on to buy Fox a few years ago would be enough to make every Disney writer and background actor a millionaire.

I am done with these motherfuckers in Corporate America crying poverty every time it comes to paying the people who make them their billions.

LOL. The writer of a show about the hellish realities of late stage capitalism made Netflix a cool billion dollars. He got less than 200k in return.

Another funny anecdote: David Prowse, the dude who played Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi chose to get most of his pay in residuals.

image_d5ccb05c.jpeg

Unfortunately for him, it turns out that a movie that cost Lucasfilm $30 million to produce, and made about $450 million at the box office somehow never managed to turn a profit. So he got jack shit.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Not only that, David prowse had a thick West country accent (think typical British farmer accent) and George lucas didn't tell him his character was going to be revoiced... He discovered at the screening the story goes! These people have always been power mad pieces of shit!

PhilosoStoner

Yeah. That is a bummer. Deadpool is just about the only superhero movie series I enjoy.

You should email this piece of shit: robert.iger@disney.com

He's got the power to put an end to this, tomorrow.

Just the interest payments on the debt he (very stupidly) took on to buy Fox a few years ago would be enough to make every Disney writer and background actor a millionaire.

I am done with these motherfuckers in Corporate America crying poverty every time it comes to paying the people who make them their billions.

LOL. The writer of a show about the hellish realities of late stage capitalism made Netflix a cool billion dollars. He got less than 200k in return.

Another funny anecdote: David Prowse, the dude who played Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi chose to get most of his pay in residuals.

image_d5ccb05c.jpeg

Unfortunately for him, it turns out that a movie that cost Lucasfilm $30 million to produce, and made about $450 million at the box office somehow never managed to turn a profit. So he got jack shit.
I wish the world was a good enough place for me not to be surprised by Holywood employees having to fight for better pay...

It's been happening in pretty much every industry with a union as of late (and rightly so). Hope they all get what they want. Monopolistic corporations always waste millions in so they can short their employees by a cent

Not only that, David prowse had a thick West country accent (think typical British farmer accent) and George lucas didn't tell him his character was going to be revoiced... He discovered at the screening the story goes! These people have always been power mad pieces of shit!
They really don't care about anything, do they 😪

PhilosoStoner

Sunak to Limit Places On University Degrees That Are Deemed to Be 'Low
Value'

This really pisses me off. What arbitrary criteria will have to be met to be classed as a 'high value' degree? What about degrees in the arts that don't translate into professional jobs, because it's not meant to.

What about places that don't have the best results because they cater to students from disadvantaged backgrounds (like mine)?

I hope this comes to nothing

Trajectory.

Interesting facts about Robert Oppenheimer, the brilliant scientist who led the Manhattan Project that created the nuclear bomb. But I don't buy the poison rumour.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:

Marlon Rando

Last edited:

florduh

I'm sorry, but public education in this country is not nearly "woke" enough.

F1V1TUgaAAAjZFm

There are very few wars in human history where there is a clear, unambiguous "bad guy". The American Civil War is one of them. The disgusting Confederacy was founded on a single principle: that white people have to right to own black slaves. Nazi Germany levels of Evil.

The wildest bit is only 51% of black Americans are sure they would've supported the North. Yeah... we need way more "Critical Race Theory". Not less.

I feel like a huge percentage of the problems America faces today comes down to how we treated the defeated South after the war. Far too kindly.

America in 2023 if, after the war, we had the decency to execute every slaveholder and redistribute their property to the freed slaves as compensation for their labor:

future.jpg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:
Top Bottom