• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I think England would beg to differ:

1_6.jpg

Also, England and other Western economies have had a better lot in recovery than eastern countries as the USA has subsidized Western military needs all on it’s own. It’s sort of like if someone makes the same amount of money as you, but their dad bought them a house and transportation, the playing field isn’t really all that level.

florduh

London was bombed, the rest was largely untouched i thought?

Not just London. The Germans wanted to hit their industrial capacity too. While America had all our factories intact and ready for the post-war economy.

Also, keep in mind: Japan. We didn't have to compete with them for 20-30 years as well.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
England wasnt “bombed to shit” either.

Some would say that their economy is stronger than ours.

Y'all are using extremely scientific measurements here that are way above my pay grade. England was bombed every night for 8 months that sounds pretty bombed to me. On the other hand Japan wasn't bombed nearly as often but got definitely got bombed to shit a few times...

Sweden was bombed around 25 times but certainly not bombed to shit.

The USA was definitely bombed during WW2 as well,.

California also had thier oil reserves shelled by Japanese Submarines in1942.

If I recall correctly there were 5 direct attacks on the mainland 3 by Japanese and 2 by the Germans.

Additionally the Japanese sent 9000 fire bombs in a single attack although barely a 1000 hit the US. They killed children at a picnic in the US and also killed some Canadians and Mexicans in thier own countries. So not bombed to shit, but not for the lack of trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Babylon Drifter,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

California also had thier oil reserves shelled by Japanese Submarines in1942.

I loved that movie.

My only point with the "bombed to shit" comment was all of America's major competitors in the global economy had a much bigger hole to dig themselves out of after the war. That gave us a nice little head start in the post-war global economy.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
It's now official, Kiev has admitted to another major loss.

After months of heavy fighting, including over the past weeks, the Armed Forces of Ukraine left [Soledar] and retreated along the outskirts to pre-prepared positions,” Ukrainian military spokesman Sergey Cherevaty.

Meanwhile CNN has this to say.

That makes 2 of the 4 lines of defense the Ukrainians had in place, 1 to go and they will be under attack from 3 directions at once...

Not looking good, not lookin good at all.

The defensive line, which ran roughly from Severodonetsk and Lysychansk to Popasna, was broken in the summer by Russian forces. Russia achieved a major breakthrough at Popasna and was able to begin the full rollup of this line, with Lysychansk falling at the beginning of July.

The capture of Soledar by Wagner forces has severed the connection between Bakhmut and Siversk, while around Donetsk, the heavily fortified suburb of Marinka has been almost completely cleared of Ukrainian troops, and the infamous keystone Ukrainian position in Avdiivka (the place from which they shell Donetsk city’s civilian population) is being flanked from both directions.

These positions are absolutely critical for Ukraine to hold. The loss of Bakhmut will mean the collapse of the last defensive line standing in the way of Slavyansk and Kramatorsk, which means Ukraine’s eastern position will rapidly contract to its fourth (and weakest) defensive belt.

Wait, our tanks will change the tide of the war? I thought the Ukraine was winning. ROFLMA0

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,

florduh

How many tank manufacturers are there in South Carolina?

Lots of defense contractors in Charleston.

I don't think there's a good way to know what's happening over there. Lib news sources take Ukrainian propaganda at face value. Con news sources take Russian propaganda at face value. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I don't think Ukraine is "winning" but it is sort of embarrassing for Russia that a much weaker country has held out for this long.

I'd also bet good money that in 5-10 years, after all the dust is settled, there will be a leak that shows that the Pentagon and State Department knew by last Fall that it doesn't matter how long this war goes on. It doesn't matter how many people die. This war was always gonna end the same way: Russia keeps Crimea and annexes Donbass.

That's what happened in Vietnam and Afghanistan. We kept all that death going even though we always knew how it was gonna end mere months into both wars.

florduh,
Reactions: cosimo

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
How many tank manufacturers are there in South Carolina?

Zero. General Dynamics makes them in Ohio. Tanks (especially ours) require specialized training and are a massive logistics nightmare as well, we can't just hand them over.

What do we gain? 1 of 2 things happen. The Russians get to practice killing our main battle tank which is the likely scenario. Tanks also require troops to support them on the ground and air superiority or they're sitting ducks. So I guess now we need to give them advanced aircraft as well, and troops LOL.

Or by some miracle the Ukrainians manage to start winning and people get nuked. I dunno but maybe it's time to stop defending the people intent on starting WW3 as being about making a profit because it's also going to be about population reduction. But by all means keep making excuses.for what the politicians are doing.

Babylon Drifter,

florduh

Zero. General Dynamics makes them in Ohio.

I guarantee at least some of the 80+ defense contractors in Charleston provide components or compliments for the equipment we're sending. General Dynamics is also a relatively big employer in SC. Miss Lindsey knows what he's doing.

What do we gain? 1 of 2 things happen. The Russians get to practice killing our main battle tank which is the likely scenario.

We will never be in a land war with Russia so I'm not sure why that matters. When all this shit popped off I finally realized our entire military budget is a complete scam.

"Bro, we need to spend a cool trill per year to defend against China and Russia"

LOL, no we don't. The only weapons we can use against either country are nukes. It's either nukes or nothing. The only people we can use conventional weapons against are countries too poor to have nukes. What a scam.

Or by some miracle the Ukrainians manage to start winning and people get nuked. I dunno but maybe it's time to stop defending the people intent on starting WW3 as being about making a profit because it's also going to be about population reduction. But by all means keep making excuses.for what the politicians are doing.

Nahhh. These ghouls don't want to reduce global population with a nuclear winter. That's really bad for shareholder value and that's the most important metric in our entire civilization.

Now, these people are very stupid. They may accidentally end the world. That's why we should be pushing for a deal ASAP. But if they were purposely trying to end the world they'd be acting very differently.

florduh,

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
I guarantee at least some of the 80+ defense contractors in Charleston provide components or compliments for the equipment we're sending. General Dynamics is also a relatively big employer in SC. Miss Lindsey knows what he's doing.

We will never be in a land war with Russia so I'm not sure why that matters. When all this shit popped off I finally realized our entire military budget is a complete scam.

"Bro, we need to spend a cool trill per year to defend against China and Russia"

LOL, no we don't. The only weapons we can use against either country are nukes. It's either nukes or nothing. The only people we can use conventional weapons against are countries too poor to have nukes. What a scam.

Nahhh. These ghouls don't want to reduce global population with a nuclear winter. That's really bad for shareholder value and that's the most important metric in our entire civilization.

Now, these people are very stupid. They may accidentally end the world. That's why we should be pushing for a deal ASAP. But if they were purposely trying to end the world they'd be acting very differently.

WOW, I can't believe you just said they aren't interested in reducing world population. Do I really need to post all the quotes from the elites on thier intent to reduce the world population?

How about this one from CNN founder Ted Turner "A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.”

BTW have you seen the debt clock recently?

Pretty sure I also posted this before but Nuclear winter is being studied as a possible answer to global warming. You trust these idiots way more than they deserve.

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,

florduh

WOW, I can't believe you just said they aren't interested in reducing world population. Do I really need to post all the quotes from the elites on thier intent to reduce the world population?

How about this one from CNN founder Ted Turner "A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.”

Well, fuck that guy. But he's apparently calling for a global one child policy, not cleansing nuclear fire.

Plenty of environmental activists have said shit like this. Nuclear winter is even worse for the environment than it is for shareholder value, so I don't think they're exactly longing for a nuke exchange.

I also like the idea that world governments will refuse to do anything substantive to combat global warming for the past 30 years, but they'll blanket the earth in a nuclear winter "for the environment". That's also bad for oil company profits.

I don't know who this guy is, but he's f'ed c. He has this strange high-tech vape that looks like a phone! Also, there are things called dab pipes used by whacky kids.

Very cool to see a Mighty there, but fuck Rogan for making dabs sound like some crazy psychedelic. It's just hash, bro. Chill.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Would you look at that, 24 hours after the announcement Ukraine is getting tanks, they now want jets.

I do believe I pointed out that was going to happen.

Those tanks and the aircraft will require Americans in theater for maintenance at first and eventually to crew them because it's going to take too long to bring the Ukrainians to a sufficient level of proficiency to make them combat effective.

It might take a bit, but as this unfolds it won't be the last thing I was right about...

I'm sure it will make some of y'all happy to know I'll be posting less since I accepted an 8 month contract yesterday to train some folks for whats coming next. So much for being retired.

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

florduh

The content creator’s latest stunt is paying for cataract removal for 1,000 people who were blind or near-blind but could not afford the surgery.

“We’re curing a thousand people’s blindness,” says MrBeast – real name Jimmy Donaldson – in the Saturday video, which reached over 32 million views as of Sunday afternoon.

FnwasDWaUAAeQd9

florduh

florduh

Last edited:

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
So apparently the Pentagon feels Chinese surveillance balloons over our nuclear missile silos are not a threat.

I'm sure no one would ever put an EMP device in a balloon now that the world knows we don't have the balls to do anything about it. Obviously the people running this clown show of a country are bought and paid for.

Babylon Drifter,

florduh

So apparently the Pentagon feels Chinese surveillance balloons over our nuclear missile silos are not a threat.

I'm sure no one would ever put an EMP device in a balloon now that the world knows we don't have the balls to do anything about it. Obviously the people running this clown show of a country are bought and paid for.

Their story that they're not gonna shoot it down because they're worried about it endangering oh so densely populated Montana doesn't pass the smell test.

But your idea that our military leaders are too cowardly to shoot it down doesn't either.

Here's a simpler explanation: it's our balloon.

florduh,

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Their story that they're not gonna shoot it down because they're worried about it endangering oh so densely populated Montana doesn't pass the smell test.

But your idea that our military leaders are too cowardly to shoot it down doesn't either.

Here's a simpler explanation: it's our balloon.

Except the Chinese have already admitted its theirs, and there is now a second one on the way. As for. our military, one dude decides what the rest of the military does., and he is likely as infatuated with balloons as he is ice cream.

We certainly have the ability to snatch the gear off of the platform and reverse engineer it if we wanted to, we could also safely remove the entire balloon. It's also worth noting while the Chinese claim it's off course, it just happens to be overflying our most sensitive nuclear facilities and is now headed for our nuclear submarine pens. It's obviously a threat to back off of Taiwan while sending the message they can EMP our missile silos anytime they want thus ending our ability to launch counter strikes. Pretty sure every enemy state is watching while doing the math to see if they can afford a balloon. It's only a matter of time until it's 99 red balloons instead of 1.

Remember when an American spy plane flew too close to China? It was forced down and completely disassembled and studied before it was returned along with the crew. But our weak leadership does naada, it's a clown show regardless of the excuses the failure to act proves we are weak to everyone watching.

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,
Reactions: cosimo
Top Bottom