Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

Except the Chinese have already admitted its theirs, and there is now a second one on the way. As for. our military, one dude decides what the rest of the military does., and he is likely as infatuated with balloons as he is ice cream.

Apparently Joe Brandon wanted to shoot down the balloon, but the Pentagon advised against it. A lot about this story seems odd, but Joe Brandon is a million years old. Ask anybody in America his age "hey there's a Chinese balloon over America. What should we do?" They'll say "Listen Jack! Shoot that sucker down", followed by a slew of previously thought to be extinct racial slurs. So I believe that aspect of the story.

At the end of the day, superpowers spying on each other isn't new. I also find warmongering over China very funny. We need them, because they make all our shit. They need us to buy all that shit. This isn't like the old Soviet Union days. Hard to have a Cold War with your country's own industrial base.

My guess is, they want whatever's on that balloon. It can't stay up there forever. Makes more sense than fearing that the 50 people who live in Montana might get hurt by shooting it down.

China also says it's a civilian/scientific balloon. Might be bullshit, but this wasn't exactly a stealthy operation.

florduh,

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Apparently Joe Brandon wanted to shoot down the balloon, but the Pentagon advised against it. A lot about this story seems odd, but Joe Brandon is a million years old. Ask anybody in America his age "hey there's a Chinese balloon over America. What should we do?" They'll say "Listen Jack! Shoot that sucker down", followed by a slew of previously thought to be extinct racial slurs. So I believe that aspect of the story.

At the end of the day, superpowers spying on each other isn't new. I also find warmongering over China very funny. We need them, because they make all our shit. They need us to buy all that shit. This isn't like the old Soviet Union days. Hard to have a Cold War with your country's own industrial base.

My guess is, they want whatever's on that balloon. It can't stay up there forever. Makes more sense than fearing that the 50 people who live in Montana might get hurt by shooting it down.

China also says it's a civilian/scientific balloon. Might be bullshit, but this wasn't exactly a stealthy operation.

LMAO suddenly Joe listens to the Military advisors at the Pentagon? That's a first and utter bullshitt, clearly he is trying to sound tough without actually doing anything to annoy the Chinese. It sounds like you have never heard of Taiwan, we aren't warmongering over China, China has flatly said Taiwan belongs to them. They're literally building islands and arming them to facilitate taking it back. I'm constantly amazed at the faith people have in our leadership to do the right thing. Or the belief you're safe because "they" need you for your measly paycheck.

Babylon Drifter,

florduh

That's a first and utter bullshitt, clearly he is trying to sound tough without actually doing anything to annoy the Chinese.

They literally turned this balloon nonsense into an international incident. What you're saying makes no sense, since they are annoying China.

I have no faith in US leadership. I'm just not gonna take that lack of faith and use it to create elaborate fantasies about balloon attacks in the 21st century.

Personally, I don't think the Pentagon has a good way to get the balloon down without damaging whatever is on it. That makes more sense than fear about offending China, since they already did that.

But China failed to understand that this country has an ace up our sleeves. In these dark times, a real American Hero will rise to defend the homeland:

FoDvJ8pagAE75VH

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
They literally turned this balloon nonsense into an international incident. What you're saying makes no sense, since they are annoying China.

I have no faith in US leadership. I'm just not gonna take that lack of faith and use it to create elaborate fantasies about balloon attacks in the 21st century.

Personally, I don't think the Pentagon has a good way to get the balloon down without damaging whatever is on it. That makes more sense than fear about offending China, since they already did that.

But China failed to understand that this country has an ace up our sleeves. In these dark times, a real American Hero will rise to defend the homeland:

FoDvJ8pagAE75VH

"Elaborate fantasies about balloon attacks in the 21st century. " Thank you for making it so clear you have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe you ought to know enough about a subject to not look foolish in the first sentence of your attempt to deflect reality. If you just want to argue or defend the current leadership maybe spend 5 minutes researching before you prove you know nothing about the subject.

Not only are balloons currently used by our military for jamming electronic signals, they also use them for jamming targeting systems.

Using balloons for Emp/weapons payload delivery has also been tested since the 1950s it's not even close to a new idea.

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,

florduh

Using balloons for Emp/weapons payload delivery has also been tested since the 1950s it's not even close to a new idea.

Brother, they have missiles. If they wanted to launch an EMP first strike on their biggest customers, they'd use missles that takes minutes. Not balloons that takes days.

A second balloon has hit the Americas
ss-160909-911-attack-mbe-630_5.jpg

FoFBD0FXoAAGNcT

EarthworldTim

Not only are balloons currently used by our military for jamming electronic signals, they also use them for jamming targeting systems.
Both surveillance and strikes can be handled much more swiftly and efficiently with satellites and missiles. If the patriot defense system can shoot down nukes then why are you so worked up about a balloon?

Is this a seemingly very strange and confusing occurrence? I would say yes. Does it require crazy conspiracy explanations? No I don't think so and perhaps over time we get more details.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Brother, they have missiles. If they wanted to launch an EMP first strike on their biggest customers, they'd use missles that takes minutes. Not balloons that takes days.

A second balloon has hit the Americas
ss-160909-911-attack-mbe-630_5.jpg

FoFBD0FXoAAGNcT

LMAO, but I should probably be shaking my head. If the Chinese (or anyone else) launches nukes at us in a first strike we will be able to detect the launches and have time to launch our intercepter missiles from the underground silos they sit in. By the way the balloon overflew those defensive silos. We would also have the time and ability to launch our own ICBMs at the offending Nation. If however a balloon is used to detonate an EMP first, we will be blind and crippled and there can be no defensive launches or retaliation strikes. These are known to be standard theory/tactics and strategy assuming you have enough knowledge of the subject to.be involved in the discussion in the first place.

As for the Patriot missile systems, they have a 93 mile radar acquisition range and no one with ANY idea about the subject thinks they are designed or capable of destroying ICBMs or MRVs. Once again a little bit of knowledge is dangerous.

And finally balloons can be steered and essentially hover over a site for extended periods of time (days) allowing much deeper, clearer and lengthy surveillance than satellites.

"Reconnaissance aircraft like drones and balloons are limited by how long they can survey an area of interest—an attribute Justin Bronk, analyst for the UK defense thinktank RUSI, calls persistence. “Even with something like the Global Hawk [the U.S. main strategic reconnaissance drone] you only get about twenty hours over the area of interest, and less than that if they have to travel a significant distance to get there,” he says. The ability to keep eyes on an area for days at a time with a low-cost platform would mean a huge increase in the military’s intelligence-gathering capability. "

Here's an article from 2021 explaining our our own newly developed advanced balloon secret weapons.
But by all means keep posting/mocking while pointing out you know nothing about the subject.

Why These Badass Balloons Are the Pentagon's New Secret Weapon

In a 2015 report for the American Leadership & Policy Foundation, Air Force Maj. David Stuckenberg, one of the nation’s leading EMP experts, wrote extensively about the threat balloons carrying bombs pose to national security.

“Using a balloon as a WMD/WME platform could provide adversaries with a pallet of altitudes and payload options with which to maximize offensive effects against the U.S.,” he wrote in the report.

“A high altitude balloon could be designed, created, and launched in a matter of months. There is nothing to prevent several hundred pounds of weapons material from being delivered to altitude,” he added.

He wrote in the report, “Peter Pry, a former CIA analyst and member of the Congressional Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from EMP Attack, stated, ‘Imagine the consequences of a balloon EMP attack that damages and destroys electronic systems at the speed of light within an EMP field with a radius of hundreds of kilometers. The Eastern Grid generates 75% of U.S. electricity and supports most of the population.” Pry also notes, “Virtually any nuke detonated anywhere over the Eastern Grid will collapse the entire Eastern Grid, not just the area within the EMP field, because of cascading failures that will ripple outward.”

Stuckenberg concluded in his paper, “In the case of EMP, the consequences of a failure to anticipate ALL delivery modes within the reach of an imaginative enemy could be immediate and widespread. As guardians of our nation’s future, planners must leave no stone unturned in the effort to deprive America’s enemies of low cost, lowtech, high-consequence military options.”

I will be pleasantly surprised if Biden/The Americans don't wait until the balloon finishes its planned surveillance and then shoot it down once it's completed its mission and has already sent all the info home, then and only then will he/they make a "show of force" and shoot it down,. Not only do the Chinese (and our other adversaries) now know we will do nothing about balloons overflying our nuclear triad, they were able to monitor our lack of response and are better prepared in the event they decide turning the lights out is advantageous to thier agenda whatever it is.

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,

florduh

LMAO, but I should probably be shaking my head. If the Chinese (or anyone else) launches nukes at us in a first strike we will be able to detect the launches and have time to launch our intercepter missiles from the underground silos they sit in.

Yes. There is fancy technology that can detect a missile launch. But there's also technology that can detect balloons called the human eye. You only have seconds or minutes to shoot down a missile. Balloons take days or weeks.

If China wanted to launch a first strike EMP attack, they would want to hit every single one of our missile launchers at once. Otherwise it's pointless. They're not going to use balloons that can be blown off course by wind to do it. It feels silly to even need to point this out.

We Got Him GIF

The most likely reason for waiting until the balloon was over the water to shoot it down seems obvious to me. The US Military misses a lot. No biggie when our ordinance accidentally hits an orphanage full of little brown kids overseas. But if a missile goes off course and hits the Mall of America...well that's bad for business. Good white Christians shop there.

That makes more sense than Joe Brandon being a secret Chinese agent or whatever the current insane conspiracy theory is. Especially given that the US has taken this as an opportunity to sour US-China relations even further.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
The Chinese? You're addressing a nation because of the policy of their non elected dictatorial regime?
That is short for "the government/military of the country in question" in this kind of discussion.

No doubt the old boys are pushing for perpetual war because that is how they get perpetually rich. It doesn't matter who the target is as long as there is a target and targeting other peoples comes easier. We are getting to the point wher they don't even have to really send so many people to fight, just a use bunch of remote controlled drones and bombs profitably made by our partners over there, and the rest of the war is a media production.

I'm just here for the balloons.

Haze Mister,
Reactions: florduh

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Yes. There is fancy technology that can detect a missile launch. But there's also technology that can detect balloons called the human eye. You only have seconds or minutes to shoot down a missile. Balloons take days or weeks.

If China wanted to launch a first strike EMP attack, they would want to hit every single one of our missile launchers at once. Otherwise it's pointless. They're not going to use balloons that can be blown off course by wind to do it. It feels silly to even need to point this out.

We Got Him GIF

The most likely reason for waiting until the balloon was over the water to shoot it down seems obvious to me. The US Military misses a lot. No biggie when our ordinance accidentally hits an orphanage full of little brown kids overseas. But if a missile goes off course and hits the Mall of America...well that's bad for business. Good white Christians shop there.

That makes more sense than Joe Brandon being a secret Chinese agent or whatever the current insane conspiracy theory is. Especially given that the US has taken this as an opportunity to sour US-China relations even further.

Once again, EVERYTHING in your post was proven wrong by the experts in the field I quoted and provided links to in the post you replied to. If you aren't going to read and comprehend the post don't bother trying to refute the posts.

I will point out we didn't launch the balloon over their country's military bases and nuclear facilities they launched over ours, but by all means blame us for souring relations. Face-palm.

As I said would happen, after it completed its mission we made a laughable show of force and shot it down. The Emperor isn't naked anymore, now he is wearing Clownshoes.

That doesn't change the inaccuracy of your statement.

Huh, I guess the Pentagon is wrong too since they just reported "another Chinese surveillance balloon,

Peoples ability to find something other than the facts of a discussion to divert the discussion never cease to amaze me, you're not offended we were just probed for possible nuclear war, you're offended I pointed out the people who live there are called Chinese.. Welcome to the list of people from the land I called Ignored.
Oops, sorry accidentally double posted.

florduh

Once again, EVERYTHING in your post was proven wrong by the experts in the field I quoted and provided links to in the post you replied to. If you aren't going to read and comprehend the post don't bother trying to refute the posts.
Loop Trump GIF

Literally nothing in the articles you posted discussed using intercontinental balloons as an EMP first strike option that could take out all of America's nuclear launch capacities all at once, which was your particular fantasy.

Yes. Militaries use balloons. That doesn't mean they're a good tool for a Chinese nuclear first strike/EMP attack. Because they're obviously not. They'd just use missiles.

I will point out we didn't launch the balloon over their country's military sights they launched over ours, but by all means blame us for souring relations. Face-palm.

You said Brandon isn't shooting down the balloon to avoid upsetting China. The Administration is using this situation specifically to upset China.

Let's watch us spend like a mil in fuel and ordinance to pop a balloon:

Pourin one out for that big beautiful balloon...

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

That is short for "the government/military of the country in question" in this kind of discussion.
I understand. Theres all sorts of rhetorical choices that are inaccurate, prejudicial and tendentious. I don't like it. Also reading the defense of @Babylon Drifter they did actually refer to all Chinese people.

You reckon someone else built it, planned it launched, our benifitted from it other than the people who live in the landmass collectively known as China, which is inhabited by people collectively known as Chinese?

Did the factory worker assembling smartphones have any part in building this? And how does this benefit the Uyghurs for example?

you're not offended we were just probed for possible nuclear war, you're offended I pointed out the people who live there are called Chinese.. Welcome to the list of people from the land I called Ignored.
We? I'm not an American. Also the European settler state(s) on the North American continent is way more offensive to me than a Chinese balloon.

You weren't calling the people who live there Chinese, you were calling out the people who live there because of the policy of their non elected dictatorial regime. It's misguided.

Last edited:

AssistedLiving

The U.S. military on Saturday shot down a suspected Chinese spy balloon off the Carolina coast on orders from President Joe Biden, after it traversed sensitive military sites across North America, becoming the latest flashpoint in tensions between Washington and Beijing.

AssistedLiving,

florduh

I'm just gonna say it. The hysteria over this balloon was fucking hysterical to behold. China and the United States have satellites that can read license plate numbers from space, and I'm supposed to piss my pants over a balloon?

Watching the cable news fueled hysteria has been quite funny though.

Not that China isn't a threat. Look at how close they built their country to our military bases!

FoJenbzaMAEgfd5

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Loop Trump GIF

Literally nothing in the articles you posted discussed using intercontinental balloons as an EMP first strike option that could take out all of America's nuclear launch capacities all at once, which was your particular fantasy.

Yes. Militaries use balloons. That doesn't mean they're a good tool for a Chinese nuclear first strike/EMP attack. Because they're obviously not. They'd just use missiles.

You said Brandon isn't shooting down the balloon to avoid upsetting China. The Administration is using this situation specifically to upset China.

Let's watch us spend like a mil in fuel and ordinance to pop a balloon:

Pourin one out for that big beautiful balloon...

As I noted before, you either don't read or can't comprehend the information provided.

In a 2015 report for the American Leadership & Policy Foundation, Air Force Maj. David Stuckenberg, one of the nation’s leading EMP experts, wrote extensively about the threat balloons carrying bombs pose to national security.

“Using a balloon as a WMD/WME platform could provide adversaries with a pallet of altitudes and payload options with which to maximize offensive effects against the U.S.,”

The articles pointed out balloons are an excellent platform for the delivery of nuclear/EMP payloads, in other words they managed to fly a platform capable of WMD across the country and over our most sensitive bases. If they had launched any other platform, (missiles or aircraft) capable of the same attack it would have likely resulted in a war but because they used a balloon to sneak (yeah sneak if you had read the material you'd have known that} a nuclear capable payload device into the country you seem to think it's a big joke. The only joke is we were punked by low tech methods and they successfully showed the world a massive weakness to anyone with a WMD. Keep laughing.

Maybe you need it spelled out for you but the above quote didn't even reguire opening a link to find out it would cause a complete collapse of the grid while destroying all our electronic systems. Thats adult speak for wipes out the ability to see or launch missiles, as well as taking out 75 percent of the nation's electrical grid for up to a year. But that's nothing right? No worries... The fact we finally shot it down kinda makes the point it was a massively bad situation made worse by the Biden admin trying to ignore it until the public noticed it. EMP kills back up systems and generators which is why the experts in the field wrote the paper in the first place. The silos can't be hardened against EMP and still send and receive the electronic data required to track, target or fire...

By all means keep laughing and slapping yourself on the back for being smarter than the science, the scientist and the think tanks. The world could save billions by just consulting you.

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Well, the way of the Dao is not the way of arguing about military propaganda we could not possibly know about with 100% certainty... unless the Black Taoist is actually a Pentagon insider who developed a taste for flower vaping. :cool:
Both surveillance and strikes can be handled much more swiftly and efficiently with satellites and missiles. If the patriot defense system can shoot down nukes then why are you so worked up about a balloon?

Is this a seemingly very strange and confusing occurrence? I would say yes. Does it require crazy conspiracy explanations?
Yes it does. :brow: I once met a guy who was convinced that he had talked to a guy who worked in the satellite industry- or so called. They claimed there are no satellites, it's all propaganda and that all comms works through hardware on the ground... It is not actually possible for the average person to verify the truth of this. :goat:

Also, you might think you should be able to buy a small system to install on your property that will detect drones flying over ? Right?

Last edited:
Haze Mister,

Farid

Joe Rogan: Adam Curry Shows Joe His Special Vape (YT)

I don't know who this guy is, but he's f'ed c. He has this strange high-tech vape that looks like a phone! Also, there are things called dab pipes used by whacky kids.

I think exchanges like this are really important for the FC crowd to see so that we can better understand how regular people interact around the products we're so intimately famiar with. Two non-experts expressing their opinions with no interjection from the experts trying to correct them.

I agree Joe says some ignorant shit about dabs, but that's also a reflection on how a certain percentage of the population views them: chances are they've only ever taken massive or scoarching hot dabs.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

florduh

By all means keep laughing and slapping yourself on the back for being smarter than the science, the scientist and the think tanks.

Correct. I disagree with that General from the Military Industrial Complex think tank who is terrified of balloons. Just like you disagree with the actively serving Generals who decided that the safest option for the Chinese weather balloon was waiting to pop it until it was over the ocean.

Also the MiC Think Tank General you're glazing was proven incorrect. We knew the balloon came from China before it even entered our airspace. So mutually assured destruction would still be in place if they launched scary Death Balloons. It's just a much stupider, slower way to launch a first strike.

Look, you seem hell bent on letting cable news terrify you about Chinese death balloons. Don't let me stop you. Everybody needs a hobby.

The fact we finally shot it down kinda makes the point it was a massively bad situation made worse by the Biden admin trying to ignore it until the public noticed it.

Ignoring the balloons was a much better move than what we're currently doing. Namely using this situation to saber rattle and war monger.

I think exchanges like this are really important for the FC crowd to see so that we can better understand how regular people interact around the products we're so intimately famiar with. Two non-experts expressing their opinions with no interjection from the experts trying to correct them.

Joe's confused look when seeing the Mighty is pretty familiar to me. It's the same look I see any time I try to convince a smoker to try an herb vape.

I agree most people who have a bad view of dabbing have only experienced scorching hot dabs. The funny thing is vape carts are very popular with normies. Those things are full of dabs.

Top Bottom