• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There is only one way out of this. Voting is the only tool we have to make change that matters. Toss all 147 assholes who voted not to certify the election and tried to break America as a start. Add at least 4 Democrats to the senate and end the filibuster. Codify Roe. Amend the 2nd amendment to include that states have the right to restrict what types of guns may be owned and how they may be carried based on that states circumstances.
America may need 20 years of Democratic government to get this done, but it MUST be done. Otherwise all is lost and we may lose all that we hold dear and all that matters most. American exceptionalism is the ability to continue to progress even when forces combine to tear us apart.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Well, I have my suspicions but I won't burst your bubble. I've given up on predicting the future. I'll only say that Democrats have had 50 years to codify Roe. They've spent a long time fundraising off of this. And they're already sending out more emails asking for money. People can do what they want, but I think if you have money to donate it should be going to aid organizations. Many have been planning for this and have plans in place to help women in the affected States.

Some of the future is easy to predict. The nation wasn't in a mental or financial state to withstand the hate and division this has caused and the sun hasnt even set yet. Several hundered families will go hungry this week in our area because we had to shut down the food bank today. We were literally being told good thing you're distributing the food today because you're going to burn tonight. So nstead of feeding tbe needy today I'm on fire watch. Turning hungry people away is heartbreaking but the threats and insanity were happening before we even got the food unloaded from the trucks. Several older volunteers and a couple of the kids were shoved down and screamed at and spat on in the first half hour. Most of us aren't even members of the church, we just donate food and money and help distribute it to those in need.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

That's so fucked up @MilesHigh. These fools are actively trying to stop people from having the most basic of needs!

These type of people, I really don't understand. I mean I get all sorts of fucked up behavior, but this is just such a low bar power trip that it's some of the most self degrading shit I can think of someone doing.

I hope you all are okay and you can soon safely resume your work!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
And congress needs to pass a law as expeditiously as possible that states that "No state government may in any way attempt to inhibit or interfere with a citizen or resident choosing to go out of their state for medical care, or punish said resident for doing so."

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Some of the future is easy to predict. The nation wasn't in a mental or financial state to withstand the hate and division this has caused and the sun hasnt even set yet. Several hundered families will go hungry this week in our area because we had to shut down the food bank today. We were literally being told good thing you're distributing the food today because you're going to burn tonight. So nstead of feeding tbe needy today I'm on fire watch. Turning hungry people away is heartbreaking but the threats and insanity were happening before we even got the food unloaded from the trucks. Several older volunteers and a couple of the kids were shoved down and screamed at and spat on in the first half hour. Most of us aren't even members of the church, we just donate food and money and help distribute it to those in need.
I'm missing some context.....this was at a church food bank where people showed up to protest, shut it down and get physical just because the food bank was affiliated with a church and there was nothing else drawing them? Folks like that usually need something to get them going and a food bank, church or otherwise isn't usually a target.

Just to be clear - I don't condone violence from either side. Just trying to understand why a church food bank was targeted.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
I'm missing some context.....this was at a church food bank where people showed up to protest, shut it down and get physical just because the food bank was affiliated with a church and there was nothing else drawing them? Folks like that usually need something to get them going and a food bank, church or otherwise isn't usually a target.

Just to be clear - I don't condone violence from either side. Just trying to understand why a church food bank was targeted.

It is the closest real church for 50 miles in several directions. Isolated and out of any town limits. Lots of bored angry people in the surrounding mountains of Colorado. Ive never seen the majority of the angry people who stopped to scream at us (although a few were regular food recipients) . I suspect many were headed to one of the local resorts and saw a crowd at a church, due to the Roe ruling they either assumed our crowds were protests or they simply saw a convienant place to blow off steam. Cant really speak for thier state of mind, most were too full of hate to listen or do anything except threaten us with burning I guess they blame churches and or christians. Since we have 1 local cop from the next town over, the safe thing was to shut down. Volunteers are trying to use thier own cars to deliver food to the families we know depend on us.

Getting flipped off or screamed at is normal if you're standing outside the church on any given day, but today was astounding. I'm glad I dont live in a major city, I think we're going to see some truly ugly aspects of America in the coming weeks.

I just volunteer there, I'm neither a member of the church or a Christian, thus I cant speak for the churches stance or dog in the fight aside from the fact its a church. Maybe they're fire-breathing jerks on Sunday's...

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Getting flipped off or screamed at is normal if you're standing outside the church on any given day, but today was astounding.
Random people screaming and flipping people off daily at a church. Gotta find something for those people to do with their time. They obviously have to much of it on their hands.

Here's hoping someone got pics and plates at today's debacle.

His_Highness,
Reactions: Whisper

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm sure most of you know that we would never allow an abortion thread on FC, but that is what this thread is turning in to. So I will ask you all to refrain from discussing abortion in this thread going forward. Non-compliant posts will be subject to removal.

Thank you.

:peace:

florduh

Look, I don't like cops. But this is no way to treat the vertically challenged

It's a little satisfying to watch a cop who just threatened to murder a guy get his shit pushed in. But dannnnng he didn't need to go so hard at the little fella! He literally ran away. And the look on his face. Wow ☹️. Officer down. And all his buddies are like "knock it off, he's just a boy!"

I noticed the account name that posted this is "Google LASD Gangs". I forgot there was a big story over the past few years about how the LA County Sheriff's Department is infested with gangs. Mostly white supremacist gangs. The initiation is usually to murder a civilian.

The only difference between cop gangs and regular gangs is tax payers often have to pay out big settlements to the families of the people cop gangs murder.

florduh

If you have Hulu "Under the Banner of Heaven" was great. Season 1 of "True Detective" vibes. I didn't have a super high opinion of Mormonism before watching. Now I find it terrifying. Same tier as Scientology.

Lots of talk about GROOMERS lately. Important to note, Joseph Smith (a known fraudster BEFORE his spooky claims) specifically set up Mormonism as a Groomer Religion. Still amazing to me that the fastest growing religion in the world was founded by a 14 year old. Teenage boys lie about fucking everything.

Knewt

If you have Hulu "Under the Banner of Heaven" was great. Season 1 of "True Detective" vibes. I didn't have a super high opinion of Mormonism before watching. Now I find it terrifying. Same tier as Scientology.

Lots of talk about GROOMERS lately. Important to note, Joseph Smith (a known fraudster BEFORE his spooky claims) specifically set up Mormonism as a Groomer Religion. Still amazing to me that the fastest growing religion in the world was founded by a 14 year old. Teenage boys lie about fucking everything.
I felt that Under the Banner of Heaven was taking a few liberties with the story, in fact it was all set in the fictitious town of East Rockwell. A more accurate and also more current show about LDS spin off groomer religions is Keep Sweet Pray and Obey, a limited series on Netflix.

florduh

Might be time for a second career as a Pre-Calc teacher. "Class, before we begin. Let us ask the Dark Lord to bless these logarithms. Hail Satan!!"

I'll never say it outright, but there will be a implication in the air that students who refuse to praise Satan will receive fewer extra credit opportunities. The School cannot fire me over this. Thanks Supreme Court!

35klaai5sch71.jpg

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist

Might be time for a second career as a Pre-Calc teacher. "Class, before we begin. Let us ask the Dark Lord to bless these logarithms. Hail Satan!!"

I'll never say it outright, but there will be a implication in the air that students who refuse to praise Satan will receive fewer extra credit opportunities. The School cannot fire me over this. Thanks Supreme Court!

35klaai5sch71.jpg

Sweet, it makes more sense than both teams praying to the same god. Maybe I'll start watching football again. Instead of a hail Mary you can throw a hail Satan.

florduh

I've come to the conclusion that Right Wingers in the ruling class don't believe climate change is a hoax. They just (correctly) understand that the horrors it will unleash will fall the hardest on the poor. And they consider poverty to be a moral failing. Those people will deserve what's coming to them.

I'm a Floridian, but I don't live on the coast. So my biggest fear over the next few decades isn't sea level rise. It's "wet bulb humidity" events. When the heat and humidity reaches a level where sweating can no longer cool the human body, leading to a pretty horrific death as you're cooked alive.

If the power's working and you have AC, you should be ok. But there will inevitably be a power failure during one of these events. Hundreds of thousands of people will die in a matter of hours. And I already know what the response will be.

Blue State Libs will say "lol, I guess you hillbilly Floridians should've voted better!"

Right Wingers will say "lol, imagine living in FLORIDA without a generator! These losers should've worked harder so they could afford one"

Also this ruling can and will be used to scrap the entire concept of Federal regulations on anything. Don't worry though. The Magical Free Market will regulate itself and prevent corporations from poisoning you!

81b8f617d6a18f83762be124bf64e92438ff1d8670bed233474c4b89f67dbaca_1.webp

florduh

Actually we say that now, lol.

I know, but Ronnie Numb Nuts only won by like a 0.4% margin here. Statewide elections are usually very close in Texas too. I saw this sentiment after the Texas power outages that killed people, due to their dumbass libertarian power regime. Blaming the people who live there for not voting the right way, when like half of them would prefer a different government.

I also saw a similar sentiment from some Right Wingers during the North Korea shit that was popping off a few years ago. Comments like "who cares if Kim nukes Commiefornia." Cali elections are never close but Republicans still get like 40%. That means there's more Republicans live there than in Alabama or Mississippi.

I can't defend FL voters too much though. We made Rick Scott, one of the biggest criminals in American history, a guy who stole hundreds of millions of dollars from the government our Governor twice. And now he's our Senator. The guy should be in prison, instead he's making decisions for 21 million people.

A teacher inside the school heard the truck crash into the ravine,
saw the shooter exit the truck, with a weapon,
while she was calling 911 to report the accident!!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It would be easier to find this funny if one could ignore the fact that one of these people will likely be the Governor of an American state for the next 4 years. The Gov of a state matters, and clearly none of these people are in any manner qualified for this job and the people of Arizona may pay a big price for choosing badly.

Top Bottom