Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

I hope we can’t don’t say the same thing after the next presidential election.

Odds say you will, unfortunately. The last election wasn't very close, regardless of what OANN has to say about it. But the biggest group of Biden supporters were under 40. He won like 2/3 of their vote. Now, he has about a 20% approval rating among the young.

He wasn't the candidate they wanted in the primary, but they went along with it. Because they believed he would at least try and fight for the things that are important to the young, like he promised to. And he just hasn't. Yes, yes there's people like Joe Mansion (fuck you Chrome, I will not correct that spelling) standing in the way. But it would be nice if the Admin actually played hardball. No one said this shit would be easy. Instead, they do this:

They're rewarding the guy who supposedly tanked their entire domestic agenda. I can't help but look at this and think, the Administration is fine with their agenda getting tanked. That's the result they wanted.

Here's a little free consulting for the DNC. If they even want a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Which I'm not even convinced they do. But here goes:

Step 1): Fire all their leadership. Chuck and Nancy, BYE BYE! You've been completely useless.

Step 2): Announce there will be an open primary in 2 years. My picks, these two guys,

83c387df-f3a9-4693-8ed9-3625fa6895ad.jpg
GettyImages-1315265001-scaled.jpg

They need their own Large Boys to go against that fat Game Show Host. They're not perfect, but they're Large and have some swag. I can't even think of another Democrat with any swag.

My guess is, their not gonna listen to me. So the only thing I have to look forward to is Trump absolutely annihilating DeSantis in the next GOP Primary debates, the way he did with all those losers in '16. Inshallah, in just a few years Ronnie will be the next Jeb!, who has been reduced to using the phone at CVS because he locked his keys in his car.

wl59l35vqip71.jpg

florduh,
Reactions: Ramahs

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist

They're rewarding the guy who supposedly tanked their entire domestic agenda. I can't help but look at this and think, the Administration is fine with their agenda getting tanked. That's the result they wanted.

Exactly. Anyone surprised that pretty much everyone in politics is a corrupt liar hasn't been paying attention.

Absolutely noone explains it beter than our current president. Here he is in his first interview after being elected to the Senate over 50 years ago.

Babylon Drifter,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The 3 most important issues to anyone under 30 that I have spoken to are: Racism (bigotry), Women's rights, and the easy availability of guns. Obviously they have other concerns as well and they are not completely monolithic, but these are the big 3 as they present them to me. I think there is little chance that anyone calling themselves a republican are on the right side of any of these issues. If they were they would lose their base voters.

I'm not saying that Fetterman wouldn't draw young people more easily, but I am pretty certain that Biden would have little problem capturing their vote over Trump or DeSantis. The choice available to them certainly matters.

cybrguy,
Reactions: Ramahs

florduh

not saying that Fetterman wouldn't draw young people more easily, but I am pretty certain that Biden would have little problem capturing their vote over Trump or DeSantis. The choice available to them certainly matters.

I mean, yes. That’s the message Democrats have had for their voters for the last 50 years. “What are you gonna do… vote for a Republican? Fuck off. Get in line and vote”.

And it’s not an uncompelling offer when you have the other guy wanting to ban gay marriage (or just being gay).

The young people I talk to are afraid they don’t have a future. Climate change, downward mobility, student loan payments, unaffordable rent, never being able to afford a home or to have children. Frankly, neither party seems to give a shit about solving those problems.

They care about the issues you brought up as well. Absolutely. Whether they believe NEXT time is when the Democrats will actually fight for any of them remains to be seen.

Also I didn’t pick Big JB and Big Fetterman just because they’re large and cool. But because there’s a chance they’ll actually be fighters. That’s what young people want to see. Someone fighting for their future.
Here he is in his first interview after being elected to the Senate over 50 years ago

Yeah, he spent his career as a Senator for a State that’s mostly just PO Boxes for credit card companies. So you gotta be corrupt. But he never really got paid out for his service to corporate America in the same way McConnell or Pelosi did. Not even close.

I think he did whatever the corporate elite wanted just for the love of the game. He likes being in the room and shaking hands.

florduh

Interesting conversations today.

Yep. Excellent video demonstrating it's the same as it ever was. Maybe the reason young people feel they don't have a future is the US has two parties hell bent on selling the future to the oligarchs. It would be nice to have someone with power pushing back against these ghouls. Instead we have shit like this:

Motherfucker, you're a regulator. You're supposed to be regulating these scumbags. Not giving out tips on how to navigate corporate bureaucracy like a mommy blogger.

You have one party that gives the corporate elite everything they want. And another that gives them 97% of what they want. Every disagreement on economic policy comes down to that tiny difference. Which is why the culture war bullshit pops off all the time. Otherwise people might start to notice every election is between two corporate whore neolibs.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Daddy Has Some Problems
"[Parent/Guardian] agree to be held liable for “any damages resulting from the minor applicant’s use of firearms or firearm ammunition”.

UgoMaille

Daddy Has Some Problems
"[Parent/Guardian] agree to be held liable for “any damages resulting from the minor applicant’s use of firearms or firearm ammunition”.

Highland Park shooter's second gun,

KelTec SUB 2000
You’re looking at a semi-automatic folding carbine that comes with more pistol magazine options than a cat has lives. Offered in 9mm or .40cal, the SUB2000 picks up where handguns leave off. Folded, it tucks away nicely in situations where space is limited, but it’s quick to deploy in situations where time is of the essence.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Theranos Karma

fb0de6fcfa8a57a400362a48101668fe5343c583cbb0817d0dfbd9a225597f35.jpg

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

If approved by the other DPAs, Meta-owned services Facebook and Instagram may be shuttered in the EU.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:

EanCognito

Elon Musk’s Twitter account suspended after he terminates $44bn deal to buy company

NHTSA opens THIRTY-SEVENTH Tesla crash probe​

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Elon Musk’s Twitter account suspended after he terminates $44bn
If I had all the money on the world it would still be unbearable having millions of people see me as a total fucking joke.

Happy 710 everybody!

The EPA says the stuff is okay! No cancer here folks. Move along!
I'm so glad to be living in an unregulated, free market system!

Last edited:
Top Bottom