• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

Our solar system is orbiting the galactic center at 500,000 miles per hour. We now have an image of the supermassive black hole at the center of the galaxy.

EHT_PR_Main_Image_Wide_2500-1600x900.jpg

In the article you can actually hear what the black hole sounds like. Crazy.

JOHN GALT

American Medical Marijuana Physicians Association & Matt Gaetz working for the FL Taxpayers

Four people familiar with Zalonka’s arrangement said it was a “no-show” contract. Zalonka never worked at the office, and it was unclear what service she provided, they said. Accountant Daniel J. O'Keefe, who led the forensic audit of Greenberg’s alleged self-dealing, said tax collector employees told him the woman behind the company was a mystery. O’Keefe added that he found no proof Zalonka ever provided the services itemized in her contract with Greenberg.

“I have no idea what they were doing. And employees wouldn't know what they were doing. Totally a no-show job,” O’Keefe said. “There's no work product, no evidence work was done. It's just unbelievable.”

Zalonka also features prominently in a tranche of Greenberg’s Venmo transactions, which include his payments to more than 40 women. Those women received hundreds of dollars at a time for memo items such as “salad,” “lemons,” and “ass,” according to financial records. The Daily Beast spoke to 12 of those women, who all said the payments were at least in part because Greenberg intended to have sex with them.

Three young women paid by Greenberg, who spoke to The Daily Beast under condition of anonymity, placed Zalonka in the room during a 2018 encounter at the Duval Hotel in Tallahassee.

In mid-2018, Zalonka became a spokesperson for the American Medical Marijuana Physicians Association (AMMPA), a cannabis legalization group with close ties to Gaetz. The congressman was feted as a guest of honor at two of its conferences in 2018, and attended the previous year’s annual conference in October. The 2017 conference, which Greenberg also attended, featured Republican operative and Trump loyalist Roger Stone, who appeared at a Gaetz fundraiser after the congressman’s keynote speech. That day, Oct. 5, Greenberg used Venmo to send Zalonka $500 around midday—for “Rent.”

Other AMMPA officials have close ties to Gaetz and Greenberg. In Gaetz’s book, Firebrand, published last September, the congressman singles out executive director Savara Hastings and her boyfriend, AMMPA chairman Jason Pirozzolo, as some of his “best friends.” Gaetz also says he has spent New Years Eve with the couple in the Florida Keys, and he has posted Instagram pictures featuring Hastings in Pirozzolo’s private plane as far back as 2014.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Finally, An Intergenerational Value I Can Embrace: Cluttercore

macbill,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

This all might sound like hype. But I occasionally have to write content for my job. I have a fairly cheap AI writing tool. I can simply tell it, in plain English "Write 500 words on subject x. Use a conversational tone. Be sure to reference y", and mere seconds later it has written a paragraph that reads better than what 90% of human writers can produce. I'll still spruce it up a bit, but I have to wonder what this technology will look like in 5 years.

florduh

You love to see it

This guy beat the DNC's chosen candidate for the PA Senate seat, who is also a big whore for Big Business:

FTAcaWwWQAAocIS

Hopefully he defeats that con man Dr. Oz in November and wears a hoodie and shorts on the Senate floor. Who's gonna tell this enormous tattooed man he can't? Big guy is also very pro legalization.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

florduh

Fyre Festival fraudster Billy McFarland is secretly sprung from prison​

on same day his Pharma Bro friend Martin Shkreli is set free​

They're both absolute scumbags. But if George W. Bush, a guy who committed the biggest and most murderous fraud in American history can just confess on Live TV without consequence, maybe it's just time to admit this isn't a real country with laws and rules.

I want to go back in time and tell 18 year old me that the fucker admitted to it on camera.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Iraq was W's Big Lie.
I remember trying to tell my friends, "Hey! They're all lying to us!" but the overriding sentiment was about going over to get even for 9/11 - before the jihad came back again with the mass destruction things!

florduh

I remember trying to tell my friends, "Hey! They're all lying to us!" but the overriding sentiment was about going over to get even for 9/11 - before the jihad came back again with the mass destruction things!

I was trying to explain to my girlfriend who was too young at the time how absolutely fucking batshit insane this entire country was 20 years ago. Yeah, a dozen Saudis did 9/11. So let's go kill like half a million Iraqis. Because... close enough. They're brown and Muslim.

It's been truly galling to see the same exact talking heads on TV who told me Bush's Iraq War was totally justified 20 years ago now crying about Putin. Yeah, Putin is a scumbag. But his bullshit excuses for invading Ukraine were less ridiculous than Bush's lie that Iraq posed an existential risk to the US.

I had to google "derealization" after watching that Bush video.

Last edited:

UgoMaille

Trump can posting his “truths” elsewhere within hours and in some cases, before he does on Truth Social

An SEC filing by Digital World Acquisition Corp., the special-purpose-acquisition company attempting to merge with Trump Media & Technology Group and take it public, [has] revealed some interesting details about the SPAC’s deal with Trump. In the document, Digital World Acquisition Corp. lists several business risks related to Trump, who serves as TMTG’s chairman and largest stockholder. It notes that under the licensing agreement between Trump and TMTG: “President Trump is generally obligated to make any social media post on TruthSocial and may not make the same post on another social media site for 6 hours. Thereafter, he is free to post on any site to which he has access. Thus, TMTG has limited time to benefit from his posts and followers may not find it compelling to use TruthSocial to read his posts that quickly.”
So if Trump were to rejoin Twitter, he’d only have to wait one-fourth of a day to repost his “truths” as tweets. And there are some pretty big exceptions: “In addition, he may make a post from a personal account related to political messaging, political fundraising, or get-out-the-vote efforts on any social media site at any time.” The vague term “political messaging” could be used to describe most of what Trump posts.

In other words, according to the company, if you’re thinking of joining Truth Social for Trump, think about saving yourself a download.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

This would be a great get. Bet it sells for over 2M.

florduh

Man. I guess it's always the people you most suspect.

I like that the richest man on earth... a guy the Invisible Hand of the Infallible Free Market chose as the pinnacle of humanity, is a massive fucking idiot. Yesterday afternoon he Tweeted this:

FTJ_7HFX0AAJVxy

He also said he's "no longer a Democrat" and will now vote for Republicans because Democrats are too pro-union (I wish, lol). He continues to have a mental breakdown in public, on the social media site he's in the middle of buying. So it seemed pretty obvious he was trying to get ahead of some bad press. And as it turns out, Business Insider reached out to him for comment 3 hours before he made these bizarre Tweets.

Elon's been having a rough week. He's been doing everything possible to try and bomb his own takeover of Twitter, but Twitter's board is going to hold him to the terms of the deal.

Last edited:

florduh

In Front of My Condo

Placing Turning Points in Columbia River
turning-pts.gif

You have a great view. I'm jealous. I live on a small lake, but because it's Floriduh there's always at least 2-3 prehistoric monsters swimming around in it. Harshes my mellow.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
This holy man has chosen the wrong person to whom to teach a lesson. He's also contradicting the pope, so he's got that going for him.

Churches - and especially this one - are in rapid free fall, and this will only hurry that. :popcorn:
They gonna try to ban every pro-choice catholic? Good luck with that! :tup:

A singer-songwriter who was trying to make a simple living once told me, "I don't let my music get political, that would alienate half my audience!"

florduh

This holy man has chosen the wrong person to whom to teach a lesson. He's also contradicting the pope, so he's got that going for him.

Churches - and especially this one - are in rapid free fall, and this will only hurry that. :popcorn:
They gonna try to ban every pro-choice catholic? Good luck with that! :tup:

A singer-songwriter who was trying to make a simple living once told me, "I don't let my music get political, that would alienate half my audience!"

Yeah, my favorite part of the Bible is when Jesus denied some guy communion because they disagreed about an issue Jesus never said a fucking word about.

Top Bottom