Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

What is the over/under they both wind up at msnbcbs?

Tucker already worked there in the early 00's. He'll land on his feet just fine, but I dunno where. Lemon might be fucked though.

Brian Cox Hbo GIF by SuccessionHBO

Listen Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
No paywall. Murdough wants everyone to know...

Last edited:

florduh

No paywall. Murdough wants everyone to know...

I'm too Succession-pilled to buy this planted story. He got fired because the work environment at Tucker Carlson's "White Power Family Hour" show was "offensive"?

Fuck Off Brian Cox GIF by SuccessionHBO

Here's another theory.

Fulnu71WIAEjPjK

LOL. So Rupert fired Tucker to spite his Jesus-freak ex.

AssistedLiving

LOL. So Rupert fired Tucker to spite his Jesus-freak ex.

that and the fact that Carlson's producer Abby Grossberg has recordings that forced the $790M Dominion settlement, & could possibly cost even more with the Smartmatic lawsuit

and maybe even the Special counsel Jan 6 investigation

Grossberg attorney Gerry Filippatos told CNN on Wednesday that he has given a spreadsheet to the special counsel’s team, detailing the nearly 90 audiotapes in Grossberg’s possession. Talks are underway for a subpoena, so Grossberg can turn over the material to Smith’s team of federal prosecutors, who are investigating efforts by former President Donald Trump and his allies to overturn the 2020 election.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/26/politics/special-counsel-january-6-fox-news/index.html

Last edited:

florduh

that and the fact that Carlson's producer Abby Grossberg has recordings that forced the $790M Dominion settlement, & could possibly cost even more with the Smartmatic lawsuit

I'm not super versed on the lawsuits. But Tucker wasn't the only one slandering voting machine companies every night. And Fox has to have some sort of insurance to take the bite out of those settlements a bit.

He was literally their biggest star. To me, it doesn't seem like a business decision. It's gotta be something personal. Or a legal matter that isn't public yet.

It could also be as simple as a contract dispute. A YouTube idiot named Steven Crowder turned down $50 million....

Tucker had a smaller contract despite having the highest rated cable "news" show. He could've demanded too high of a number, and Rupert told him to fuck off. Especially since Tucker is one of the people getting Fox sued for billions.

Edit: It just struck me how fucking ridiculous it is that an Australian wanker named "Rupert" has more control over America than literally any elected official. George Washington is rolling in his grave.

Last edited:

AssistedLiving

Edit: It just struck me how fucking ridiculous it is that an Australian wanker named "Rupert" has more control over America than literally any elected official. George Washington is rolling in his grave.

the good news is criminals, politicians, and other unscrupulous individuals, surround themselves with similar and eventually they all turn on each other

in other news...

Last edited:

florduh

the good news is criminals, politicians, and other unscrupulous individuals, surround themselves with similar and eventually they all turn on each other

I think Rupert Murdoch is gonna die peacefully in his sleep at the age of 125, never having suffered a single real consequence for his actions.

Although this news week keeps getting better!

Disney "knows that it is fortunate to have the resources to take a stand against the State's retaliation — a stand smaller businesses and individuals might not be able to take when the State comes after them for expressing their own views," the lawsuit claims.

It added, "In America, the government cannot punish you for speaking your mind."

Desantis GIF by Screen Chic

Fup9H3ZXwA45Lww

Madtater

I dont know what disney thinks they will accomplish with the lawsuit.

The special privileges were given via state government voting, and they were removed the same exact way.

Desantis didnt pencil whip an executive order…they voted on it in the state assembly and then desantis signed it.

I think this is just disney attempting to save face.

Madtater,

florduh

Desantis didnt pencil whip an executive order…they voted on it in the state assembly and then desantis signed it.

Right. Disney's suing the entire State government. Not Meatball Ron personally.

Disney is a shitbag company that screws over workers regularly. I don't even think they SHOULD have their own little fiefdom. But there was no reason for the government's actions other than to punish them for making a statement.

They're suing over a First Amendment issue, and they absolutely have a case. Especially since it might end up at the Supreme Court....freshly stocked with Justices who love sucking corpo-cock.

In the meantime, I'll just kick back and enjoy the show.

6d6zb1.jpg

florduh

Madtater

If you're the President and you let the Supreme Court tell you "no" at any point, you're a cuck. They have less than zero legitimacy at this point.

quote-the-supreme-court-has-made-its-decision-now-let-them-enforce-it-andrew-jackson-134-25-88.jpg
I dont have a problem with what she did or what they paid her, i have a problem with roberts hearing that case one of her recruits brought to the scotus. At a minimum he should have recused himself, but he should also have gave a heads up to their ethics committee or the IG.

Seems shady he hid it. If there was nothing to hide, he should have gotten out in front of it.

But what is the recourse? Another investigation by congress? They’re already pissing into the wind with all these investigations and committees they throw around, would one more matter?

ALL of the corruption going on from both sides of the aisle and in all 3 branches is a huge hemorrhoid in the ass of this country. It’s all disgusting.

Madtater,

florduh

There's a lot of this going around...

But what is the recourse?

I don't think there is any. My opinion is, this is a totally broken government. I'm just saying if I was President, I would simply ignore the Supreme Court. They aren't sober impartial jurists calling balls and strikes. They're nakedly partisan hacks on the take like everyone else. Fuck 'em. They can go enforce their own rulings.

Unfortunately, the Supreme Court provides a convenient excuse for politicians not acting. Congressional Democrats have a vested interest in maintaining the charade that we have a functioning government. So they won't do anything.

Related....when I lived in California, I used to think about how there are cows in Wyoming with more representation in the US Senate than thousands of Californian humans. Looking back, those were the good old days for democracy...

Furqto7WcAA-Y8j

Although, maybe California shouldn't have sent a lady who's literally older than chocolate chip cookies to the Senate for a 6 year term in the first place.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
It’s almost like they should have created another house of government with a different calculation for representation by population… :brow:

I keed, I keed.

florduh

It’s almost like they should have created another house of government with a different calculation for representation by population… :brow:

I keed, I keed.

The Senate can just say "no" to anything the House passes though. 7 million people having 12 times as much representation as 40 million is quite the spread. Revolutions have started over less.

Timps27

That’s the idea, as you own 12% of the house. Whereas WY has 0.2% of the house.

Timps27,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

I keed, I keed.
But what is the value of empty land having and equal vote to people? As originally designed it was a concession to wealthy land owners and slave states with smaller voting population. Is that at all a reasonable system? Does it match the goals of democracy today?

florduh

Right. The idea was to keep the riff raff from having too much of a say in Government.

These ideas were written with a feather pen by people who didn't know you're supposed to wash your hands after taking a shit. And, imo, it shows.

florduh,

Timps27

We got 99 problems, how many senators CA got ain’t one of them.

Timps27,
Top Bottom