Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

Madtater

Rescue underway for pod of dolphins stranded by ice in Dildo Cove​

A pod of hapless white-beaked dolphins has been stranded by sea ice in the shallow harbour outside Dildo, N.L.

The dolphins could be seen swimming in circles just metres away from worried onlookers, trapped in an area about the size of a residential swimming pool.

People in the area told CBC News they hadn't witnessed stranded dolphins in Dildo Cove for decades.

By lunchtime Thursday, three of the 10 dolphins had been pulled out of the water by Fisheries and Oceans Canada officials, a process requiring workers and volunteers to submerge themselves in the frigid seawater in a bid to guide the dolphins closer to shore.

Those three dolphins died before they could be relocated.

Seven more remained in the harbour as of mid-afternoon, unable to swim out to the open ocean due to arctic pack ice that had drifted almost to shore.

Dildo cove?

Sounds like my Ex-wife has been around a bit…..

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
There’s not much to say except that it’s amazing to observe that the word “billionaire”—which, to be clear, is a simple statement of fact—is now seen as a slur by the people who actually do possess billions of dollars. We’re in a golden era for thin-skinned elites, it seems, and hey, remember when this guy wanted to be president?

florduh

Sad Get Over It GIF

Here's his exact statement.

Yes, I have billions of dollars,” he bravely admitted. “I earned it. No one gave it to me. And I’ve shared it constantly with the people of Starbucks. And so anyone who keeps labeling this ‘billionaire’ thing…” Sanders interjected to remind Schultz of the committee’s time limits, but the billionaire kept going.

LOL. While it's extremely unlikely, it is POSSIBLE for a man to earn millions of dollars by the sweat of his own brow. But the ONLY way to become a Billionaire is to skim off the labor of thousands of other people. No one man can "earn" billions of dollars all on his lonesome.

So thanks for "sharing" some of the money with the people whose work created it, Howie. Not doing so is called slavery.

And let's not forget why he was hauled in front of Congress. Starbucks was caught red handed by the NLRB committing dozens of disgusting, illegal union-busting offenses. Howard tried to dodge Congress until Bernie Sanders threatened to subpoena him.

It will never not be funny to me that Hillary Clinton wanted to make this union busting scumbag her Labor Secretary. Amazing.

florduh

I watched a few clips from the hearing. It was wild hearing Democrats (and at least one Republican) talking like we were back in the New Deal era.

Howard Shultz has been a major Democratic Party donor for years. He seemed personally offended that the Senators he bribed were being so mean to him.

This nice young Canadian man put together a good summary of the hearing.

FsazU8gX0AA9fu6

Last edited:

florduh

Ok I had to look this up. To be clear, these kids aren't trying to sacrifice children to the Devil or anything...

The After School Satan Club does not believe in introducing religion into public schools and will only open a club if other religious groups are operating on campus. ASSC exists to provide a safe and inclusive alternative to the religious clubs that use threats of eternal damnation to convert school children to their belief system. Unlike our counterparts, who publicly measure their success in young children's "professions of faith," the After School Satan Club program focuses on science, critical thinking, creative arts, and good works for the community. While engaged in all of these activities, we want clubgoers to have a good time.

What a nice, wholesome club. The school district will hopefully eat shit in court.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Ok I had to look this up. To be clear, these kids aren't trying to sacrifice children to the Devil or anything...

What a nice, wholesome club. The school district will hopefully eat shit in court.

Nice and wholesome club, LMAO, you sound like my old Commander/and friend Michael Aquino. I have to admit the majority of the time he was a blast to be around and he treated me better than most Christians have. Although there was definitely a dark side to him that he didn't let people see very often. He definitely played a role in my leaving the Christian church and eventually becoming a Taoist. Mostly because of how well he treated me VS what I was used to from the average Christian. Depending on how it's run there's nothing wrong with learning to view the world through different types of lenses. I wonder sometimes how deeply he effected me on a subconscious level. At the end of the day enlightenment is enlightenment regardless of the path you took to get there.

Babylon Drifter,
Reactions: florduh

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Gangs Gleeful

Tate Tale

Last edited:

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
If you're unaware who Michael Aquino is, it's a dark deep rabbit hole. In short he founded the Temple of Set, he wrote the US military PSYOPS manual and most importantly, Mind Wars.

Check out the PSYOPS video from last year in this link, Classic Aquino. The sites a little odd but just about any site covering him is.

Last edited:

florduh

Harvard has a $50 billion dollar plus endowment. A four year degree there costs over $300,000. Universities require grad students to function. Living grad students. The university should be paying to keep them alive. Not the tax payer.

Harvard's not alone though.

One in 10 workers in the United States live in a household that receives SNAP due to low wages, inconsistent work schedules, and no paid sick leave. National data show that among adult wage earners who are SNAP recipients, 70 percent worked full-time every week, and more than half worked the full, or nearly full, year. If companies are paying workers so little—or designing schedules that avoid the requirements of full-time employment—that their workers must depend on public assistance, are taxpayers subsidizing low wages and high corporate profits?

Employers who pay their employees so little that they require food stamps to survive aren't "job creators". They're leeches.

The Walton Family are some of the biggest welfare queens on the planet.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

If companies are paying workers so little—or designing schedules that avoid the requirements of full-time employment—that their workers must depend on public assistance, are taxpayers subsidizing low wages and high corporate profits?
Of course, the answer is yes!
We also subsidize lots of other things. Airlines. Fossil fuel industry. Auto makers. Big Agra. The list goes on and on.
I think it's called American Exceptionalism because we are the ones who have perfected it; we really stand out in a crowd because we do this through free will, hard work and by voting in favor of all of it, as opposed to oppressive totalitarian countries (boo!).

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
The novel experiment revealed that plants exposed to harmful pressures, such as injuries and dehydration, produce ultrasonic noises that may be audible to animals and plants as far as 16 feet away. In this way, plants may use sound to communicate with their wider ecosystems, a finding that sheds light on their mysterious inner worlds and could help mitigate agricultural challenges presented by climate change.

If you manage to shoehorn "climate change" in your thing you can get some 3-letter "non-profit", NGO, etc to give you the funds for the thing.

You pay back later, along with everyone else...

Haze Mister,

florduh

Maybe everyone knows this already and I just missed it. The James Webb Telescope doesn't orbit the Earth, like Hubble did. It orbits the Sun, and is a million miles away from Earth.

l2.2.jpg

The orbit looks kinda wonky too.

hinglemccringleberry

Well since the club isn't comprised of ultra-rare breed of culty types who practice occult stuff,, how about they just change that stupid-ass name to something actually representative of what they're doing? Like "The Professions of Secularism" or something, rather than naming it something that's really just a downlow way for them to say "fuck you, Christians"?
If they had just named it something rational I bet the ACLU wouldn't have had to step in the first place, saving alot of people a bunch of time.
Furthermore, for those pure, independent, free-thinking students who could give a fuck about Jesus or Lucifer, and don't hate Christians, and who just want to learn science and stuff (which are the people who that club SHOULD be representing), well, that club isn't exactly inclusive for them when it has such a polarizing/controversial name, is it?
If everyone would just start using their brains and stop doing things for the sole purpose of saying "fuck you" to the other tribe, perhaps we could actually get somewhere in this shithole mainstream culture of ours...

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Well since the club isn't comprised of that ultra-rare breed of culty types who practice occult stuff, how about they just change that stupid-ass name to something that's actually representative of what they're doing? Like "The professions of secularism" or something, rather than calling it something that's really just a downlow way for them to say "fuck you, Christians"? If they had just called it that in the first place, I bet the ACLU wouldn't had to step in the first place, saving everyone alot of time.
Well since Satan and satanists don't exist outside the imagination of 1980s media panics and the performance art of a hardcore libertarian, I think it's perfect and they should keep the name.

What's the harm?

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Well since the club isn't comprised of fringe types who practice occult rituals, how about they just change that stupid-ass name to something actually representative of what they're doing? Like "The Professions of Secularism" or something, rather than naming it something that's really just a downlow way for them to say "fuck you, Christians, look at me!!!"?
If they had just named it something rational in the first place, I bet the ACLU wouldn't have had to step in the first place, saving alot of people a bunch of time.
Furthermore, for those pure, independent, free-thinking students who could give a fuck about Jesus or Lucifer, and don't hate Christians, and who just want to learn science and stuff (which are the people who that club SHOULD be representing), well, that club isn't exactly inclusive for them when it has such a polarizing/controversial name, is it?
If everyone would just start using their brains and stop doing things for the sole purpose of saying "fuck you" to the other tribe, perhaps we could actually get somewhere in this shithole mainstream culture of ours...

Great points, however that's not how 5th generation warfare works.

Fill your gas tanks now, 5 dollar a gallon gas is coming back due to the amazing statesmanship of the Biden administration. Making friends everywhere, LMAO.

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,
Reactions: Shrike

hinglemccringleberry

Well since Satan and satanists don't exist outside the imagination of 1980s media panics and the performance art of a hardcore libertarian, I think it's perfect and they should keep the name.

What's the harm?
I just told you what the harm is, read the post again. There are way better/more accurate club titles to use, and they risk alienating those on the fence, which is the opposite of what they want to accomplish. And most people aren't smart enough to know that it doesn't exist outside of the imagination of 1980's media panics. We ain't in utopia.

hinglemccringleberry,
Top Bottom