Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

Jim Harter, chief scientist for Gallup’s workplace and well-being research, said workers’ descriptions of “quiet quitting” align with a large group of survey respondents that he classifies as “not engaged”—those who will show up to work and do the minimum required but not much else. More than half of workers surveyed by Gallup who were born after 1989—54%—fall into this category.

If employers want extra work beyond what's required by the job, they need to open their fucking check books. "Can't get something for nothing", right? Or does that little gem only apply to the poor?

610.jpg

CANtalk

‘Harry Potter’ Actor Matthew Lewis Blasts Air Canada: ‘Worst Airline In North America’​

Much coach travel here & I totally agree :shit:! Hey, I can use the poop emoji very appropriately!

:peace: :leaf:

CANtalk,

florduh

Unironic trigger warning since the video on that article depicts an actual cold blooded murder.

I guess this dude and his brother got involved in a shootout with some other guy. Might sound weird, but hey. It's Florida. That's how we settle disagreements sometimes. One of the brothers is shot and later dies at the hospital.

When the Orange County Sheriff pulls up, an off duty paramedic is attempting to help the injured brother. The, at least for a few more seconds, un-shot brother is still holding his gun from the 'ol fashioned floriduh shootout. The oinkers order him to drop his weapon.

“Deputies directed that man — later identified as Bryan Richardson — to drop the gun,” Orange County Sheriff John Mina said in a statement. “When he did not comply, one deputy fired his weapon.”

Except when you watch the video, it's very clear this kid meant the pigs no harm. AND one of the pigs already grabbed the gun BEFORE the other pig started emptying his clip into him.

Why are the "Second Amendment People" so fucking quiet about this kind of shit? Do we have the right to bear arms in this country or not? I say, we have the same exact right to defend ourselves as citizens of North Korea or China. You're allowed to have a gun there. So long as an agent of the State doesn't see you with it. Because if they do, they will murder you where you stand. Same exact situation in the Land of Freedumb.

florduh

Putin's a bad guy and all, but this is 100% the right move.

Absolutely wild video to watch after we know how introducing Glorious Capitalism to Russia turned out. Congrats dummies. Now you don't have Freedumb OR Pizza Hut!

florduh,
Reactions: macbill

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist

Unironic trigger warning since the video on that article depicts an actual cold blooded murder.

I guess this dude and his brother got involved in a shootout with some other guy. Might sound weird, but hey. It's Florida. That's how we settle disagreements sometimes. One of the brothers is shot and later dies at the hospital.

When the Orange County Sheriff pulls up, an off duty paramedic is attempting to help the injured brother. The, at least for a few more seconds, un-shot brother is still holding his gun from the 'ol fashioned floriduh shootout. The oinkers order him to drop his weapon.

Except when you watch the video, it's very clear this kid meant the pigs no harm. AND one of the pigs already grabbed the gun BEFORE the other pig started emptying his clip into him.

Why are the "Second Amendment People" so fucking quiet about this kind of shit? Do we have the right to bear arms in this country or not? I say, we have the same exact right to defend ourselves as citizens of North Korea or China. You're allowed to have a gun there. So long as an agent of the State doesn't see you with it. Because if they do, they will murder you where you stand. Same exact situation in the Land of Freedumb.

Due to the censoring of the video I was unable to completely asses what happened even though I had the ability to pause and rewind, the cop didn't have that luxury. Not defending the cop, just being honest. Guns require putting your big boy pants on, period. If you're in the act of pointing a gun at a person, you are a lethal threat. People aren't mind readers but we can read body language and an extended firearm says you are a danger. If you point, brandish or even have a firearm in your hand at a shooting scene you are inviting disaster. You ignore a cop telling you to drop a weapon even once or for a second you risk the poorly trained panicked pussy shooting you, be glad he warned your dumb ass at all if you're pointing it at people at the scene of a shooting. Firearm carry is a dangerous endeavor, pulling it out raises the risk, pointing it at people raises the risk further. Ignoring a scared cop is begging to get you and everyone around you shot by panicked undertrained cops... Play stupid games win stupid prizes. I have had 3 instances where panicked cops drew down on me and ordered me to the ground, all 3 times it was a mistaken, scared Florida cop. Each time I carefully complied while calmly explaining to the officers I was not the the Droid they were looking for. I didn't get shot or arrested in any of those cases because I didn't scare the already panicked officer into believing they had no other choice.

Basic rules that need to be explained to you when you get your CC license. Studyiny the law and tactics is part of the package otherwise you're part of the gun problem.

Last edited:

florduh

Due to the censoring of the video I was unable to completely asses what happened even though I had the ability to pause and rewind, the cop didn't have that luxury. Not defending the cop, just being honest. Guns require putting your big boy pants on, period. If you're in the act of pointing a gun at a person, you are a lethal threat. People aren't mind readers but we can read body language and an extended firearm says you are a danger. If you point, brandish or even have a firearm in your hand at a shooting scene you are inviting disaster. You ignore a cop telling you to drop a weapon even once or for a second you risk the poorly trained panicked pussy shooting you, be glad he warned your dumb ass at all if you're pointing it at people at the scene of a shooting. Firearm carry is a dangerous endeavor, pulling it out raises the risk, pointing it at people raises the risk further. Ignoring a scared cop is begging to get you and everyone around you shot by panicked undertrained cops... Play stupid games win stupid prizes. I have had 3 instances where panicked cops drew down on me and ordered me to the ground, all 3 times it was a mistaken, scared Florida cop. Each time I carefully complied while calmly explaining to the officers I was not the the Droid they were looking for. I didn't get shot or arrested in any of those cases because I didn't scare the already panicked officer into believing they had no other choice.

Basic rules that need to be explained to you when you get your CC license. Studyiny the law and tactics is part of the package otherwise you're part of the gun problem.

I'm not defending the Floriduh Man who got in a shootout. At least not that much. He should've dropped the gun as soon as the cops arrived. Absolutely. But I'm sure seeing your brother die in front of you moments before didn't help his state of mind. Though, I think my point stands. If you only have 1.2 seconds to drop a gun, otherwise the State is allowed to murder you....you don't really have the right to hold that gun.

To me, the video shows the other deputy in control of the hand with the gun before the cop's clip gets emptied. And another thing.... his partner is literally inches from the line of fire! Pretty fucking dangerous for her too! The whole time her partner is pointing a loaded gun inches away from where her head is.

I understand cops being scared. But guess what. They signed up for that job. In my opinion, the citizens who didn't sign up for that job get the benefit of the doubt over cops when it comes to these life and death situations. That might lead to a few more dead cops per year, but oh well. Guess that's the price of being "heroes". Better than the alternative, imo.

Keep in mind, Police Officer isn't one of the most dangerous jobs in America. Being a pizza delivery driver is many times more dangerous. But we don't let the Domino's Guy empty his clip into anyone who gives him tummy flutters.

Here's another one:

I like that the cops throw out, "hey it turns out he didn't have a gun. But it may have been a VAPE PEN!" i.e, the kid was a druggie. Who cares if we murder a druggie?

Last edited:

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
I understand cops being scared. But guess what. They signed up for that job. In my opinion, the citizens who didn't sign up for that job get the benefit of the doubt over cops when it comes to these life and death situations. That might lead to a few more dead cops per year, but oh well. Guess that's the price of being "heroes". Better than the alternative, imo.

Keep in mind, Police Officer isn't one of the most dangerous jobs in America. Being a pizza delivery driver is many times more dangerous. But we don't let the Domino's Guy empty his clip into anyone who gives him tummy flutters.

I ould not possibly agree with you more. Unfortunately there is the world we live in and the one people wish we lived in. Like they say, reality is the only word in the English language that should always be used in quotes. People cry about cops being terrible at thier job and then in the next breath demand cutting thier budgets thus ensuring the quality of training goes down and cop performance and behavior deterioration accelerates exponentially. The reduction in performance is the natural byproduct of the reduced training budgets. Now add in reduced staff and area coverage due to the budget cuts and you ensure overworked, stressed out tired officers at every scene. That is "Reality" but it doesn't make people feel good, so they demand changes that make them feel good even when those changes clearly don't coincide with a logical cause and effect thought process. The decision is made to cut that agencies budget to teach them a lesson, which is ironic because it actually reduces the lessons the officers learn. Be careful what you vote for, you might just get it.

The above is why I strongly recommend people learn to take care of themselves and thier loved ones because depending on undertrained overworked officers with bad attitudes exacerbated by working a dangerous job with an insufficient budget is a prescription for disaster.

Last edited:

florduh

Yeah, I mean I'm just complaining. The reality of the situation is, you have to treat every cop you encounter like a dangerous grizzly bear. No sudden movements. They could get spooked and kill you at any moment. It's obnoxious, because I don't pay the salaries of bears but... what can you do.

I've heard some areas have cut budgets. But it's not universal. Those Uvalde pussies got like 50% of that city's entire budget. They received specific training on school shootings. Didn't do shit.

NYPD has a bigger budget and more men at arms than the Ukrainian military. 10-11 BILLION per year. I'm sure it's bad in rural areas though. Funding of all services kind of sucks outside major metros.

Personally, I'm for more funding of the police. Specifically salaries. But only to attract better candidates who want to be dedicated public servants. Not dummies looking to play GTA:V Live on our streets. There need to be other reforms too, but I wouldn't know where to start. Luckily, no one's asking me.

And it's kind of hard to change any of this by voting. President '94 Crime Bill wants to add 100,000 more cops. Maybe it's needed. But if more cops putting more people behind bars stopped crime...this country wouldn't have any. We already have the biggest prison population on earth.

Although the official monetary policy of this country is to force a recession to suppress wage growth. So we'll probably need those cops to keep the increasingly desperate rabble in line.

florduh

Holy shit. A State that can't provide clean water to its citizens just straight up gave millions of dollars meant to help the poor to Brett fucking Farve?!

It's nice to see the writers of this simulation still have some tricks up their sleeves. Did not see this one coming.

DrJynx86

As Spanish I have to say the only ones that didn't want to be there were the bulls, everyone else, including the deceased, were looking for it.

florduh

Simpsons did it first, Scientific American.

c3e

So there's a Floriduh sized glacier in the Antarctic. Were it to totally collapse, just that alone will eventually lead to a 2 foot rise in sea levels. And it's not like the other ice around the world won't melt too. Previously, scientists estimate that it would take 50-100 years for this to happen. Now... it could happen any time.

A lot of people I talk to think climate change won't be as bad as those crybaby scientists are making it out to be. But it could also be much worse. Humans aren't as smart as we think. We don't know what we don't know. Maybe a domino falling will cause a chain reaction that leads to totally unforseen disastrous consequences.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion

florduh

You know, I think this is kinda bullshit. Big Tobacco had to pay a 200 Billion settlement in the late 90's. And that was shared among all the Cancer Stick makers. Vaping might have long term negative health effects, but they aren't going to be as bad as the effects of cigarettes.

Also Purdue Pharma only paid a 6 billion dollar settlement after killing like 600,000 Americans and devastating huge swaths of this country. I don't think Juul killed anyone.

They'll soon listen when you can't get a decent maize or corn harvest!

Right?! That's why I said we don't know what we don't know. I've seen that insects are dying out at an alarming rate. Part of me says, fuck 'em. I don't like bugs. But who knows if some beetle species goes extinct, that causes some other bugs to go extinct, and then.... oh shit. Turns out they were a necessary part of the ecosystem and now, oooops we can't grow food for 8 billion people.

Right now it seems like the people in charge of human civilization are like coke heads driving a Lambo at 200mph. "WooooHooooo! we're gonna live forever!!!!" And maybe we'll get through this century without wrapping the thing around a tree. But.... that will require a whole lot of luck.

florduh

florduh

How a Record Cash Haul Vanished for Senate Republicans

LOLOLOLOL They put Rick Scott, a complete fraud who got caught stealing 300 million dollars from Medicare in charge of their piggybank. And wouldn't you know it... all their fuckin money is gone! Oh man, this belongs in Warm Hearted Stories.

By the end of July, the committee had collected a record $181.5 million — but had already spent more than 95 percent of what it had brought in. The Republican group entered August with just $23.2 million on hand, less than half of what the Senate Democratic committee had ahead of the final intense phase of the midterm elections.

Now top Republicans are beginning to ask: Where did all the money go?

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

One fund-raising scheme used by the Senate committee, which has not previously been disclosed, involved sending an estimated millions of text messages that asked provocative questions — “Should Biden resign?” — followed by a request for cash: “Reply YES to donate.” Those who replied “YES” had their donation processed immediately, though the text did not reveal in advance where the money was going.

LMAO, Ricky loves stealing from old people. First he got their healthcare money. Now he's directly taking from their checking accounts with text message scams.

Also, totally unrelated Ricky News.

florduh

I knew it.

I read a book a few years back called "The Uninhabitable Earth". It made a point I never considered. There's all this talk about what happens once we hit 1.5C in warming. But it's not like Nature will say "ok, you monkies finally did it. You lost the climate change game" once we hit that. We can and probably will shoot past 1.5. The closer we get to 3 degrees, the less likely it is human civilization will survive.

The other thing to consider is... barring some miracle carbon capture tech getting developed in the next few decades, it's not like we can say "oooops!" and stop burning carbon to quickly bring things back to normal. There will be a shitty climate on this planet for at least 700-1,000 years.

And... it's not like future generations will blame everybody who was alive from 1900 on. Nope. Most of the carbon was released by generations that are alive right now. If humanity survives, our descendants will be pissing on our graves, specifically, for the next millennium.

Top Bottom