Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
No, I think it's important to point out exactly what caused this 6 year old boy to be violently stabbed to death.

...yes because 100% fact we know this is truth :rolleyes: its assumed intent based on biasness. assume all you want, just like the news, its just opinions man... dont assume anything- does everyone who play call of duty go on killing sprees? its assumed violent video games breads violent people. I think we both know that bullshit, it makes for an easy scapegoat that people can latch onto....

I don't know what you're implying here, but Billionaires are in charge.

...no not really man, Central Banking system is one of who is in charge... where do you think countries get their money from? they not printing it, they borrow it... no diff than you... these loans are loans, land and people collateral. a reason everyone has to be "registered", you need to know your inventory if your borrowing against it.

Most of the billionaires who control this country and world are white Christians.

... if you think they are in control, they are not, its the entities you don't know about. "the man behind the curtain". Again your using skin colour and religion to group these people, both of which are diversions and meaning less (your taking the race bait lol). were all human no matter how you slice us. view it as, those in control (super rich) vs the people (us). Colour, race religion thats just a smoke screen and easy to get dumb people going because they cannot see past these things to the real cause. none of that shit matters man, visual things to separate us.... which they have done an excellent job, gotta give credit where it is due if you like it or not...

Sure. But step 1 is turning off all media that teaches you to hate every person who isn't a straight, lily-white Christian.

... mainstream media is propaganda, both sides. has been for many years... and again with the name calling and "buzz words". people only use those terms to get "likes" from other people who cannot see past simple things to the real problems. AND STEP ONE would be to quit seeing everything as having to choose a fucken side or team. we are all in this together, its the whole population vs a few families. we have the numbers, but were too busy fighting over who side whos on, whos vaxxed or not, whos wearing a mask, who supports this vs that etc etc etc... have you ever wondered why there is so much division brought to you impart by mainstream media?

Pukka

AND STEP ONE would be to quit seeing everything as having to choose a fucken side or team. we are all in this together, its the whole population vs a few families. we have the numbers, but were too busy fighting over who side whos on, whos vaxxed or not, whos wearing a mask, who supports this vs that etc etc etc... have you ever wondered why there is so much division brought to you impart by mainstream media?
I could go on and on for ages but I won't at the moment. However, thank you, I couldn't have said it better.

florduh

AND STEP ONE would be to quit seeing everything as having to choose a fucken side or team. we are all in this together, its the whole population vs a few families. we have the numbers, but were too busy fighting over who side whos on, whos vaxxed or not, whos wearing a mask, who supports this vs that etc etc etc... have you ever wondered why there is so much division brought to you impart by mainstream media?

Yeah, I agree. I don't like CNN either. I hate CNN.

But Fox and the rest of the Conservative media sphere is significantly worse because they demonize various minority groups, gay people, trans people, and refugees. Literally the fascist playbook. Blame the inevitable negative consequences of capitalism on minorities.

I'm familiar with conversative, liberal, and leftist media. You can't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining on this topic. Sorry.

... if you think they are in control, they are not, its the entities you don't know about. "the man behind the curtain".

Totally, dude. It's not the Billionaires. They're hard working job creators. It's the Lizard People. They're the problem. That and the Gold Standard.

image.png

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

its not the people vs the people, its the people vs the controlling entities... dont fall for their "divide and conquer" bullshit.... your taking the bait man...

AND STEP ONE would be to quit seeing everything as having to choose a fucken side or team. we are all in this together, its the whole population vs a few families. we have the numbers, but were too busy fighting over who side whos on

This is false and harmful. Division and struggle for liberation precedes that of "the people vs the controlling entities", it's not an invention of "a few families" for the sake of "divide and conquer". These other forms of oppression, moreover, are able to survive the abolition of the one you single out. Denying, or concealing it under the guise of some scheme, equals perpetuating any of those other form of oppression.

Take the oppression of women by men. It isn't part of some divide and conquer scheme, it's what men have been doing forever and it outlasts the abolition of the class war you single out. Reducing this to part of a tactic by a few people in power is devastating for women's liberation.

I give the example of men oppressing women as I believe it's the most encompassing division amongst the human species, where ~50% of the population is part of the system that oppresses the other ~50% and which division is only preceded by men's oppression of other species. And also because, contrary to your premise, it's an oppression that isn't abolished by eliminating the oppression of the people by "a few families", as proven in Revolutionary Catalonia, which was freed from "the controlling entities" you mention while at the same time being sexist. But your reduction of struggle for liberation to a class war between the people and "a few families" or "controlling entities" is a luxury unavailable to the ones oppressed because of the color of their skin or the sex of the people they fall in love with or their identity and so forth.

florduh

This is false and harmful. Division and struggle for liberation precedes that of "the people vs the controlling entities", it's not an invention of "a few families" for the sake of "divide and conquer". These other forms of oppression, moreover, are able to survive the abolition of the one you single out. Denying, or concealing it under the guise of some scheme, equals perpetuating any of those other form of oppression.

Take the oppression of women by men. It isn't part of some divide and conquer scheme, it's what men have been doing forever and it outlasts the abolition of the class war you single out. Reducing this to part of a tactic by a few people in power is devastating for women's liberation.

I give the example of men oppressing women as I believe it's the most encompassing division amongst the human species, where ~50% of the population is part of the system that oppresses the other ~50% and which division is only preceded by men's oppression of other species. And also because, contrary to your premise, it's an oppression that isn't abolished by eliminating the oppression of the people by "a few families", as proven in Revolutionary Catalonia, which was freed from "the controlling entities" you mention while at the same time being sexist. But your reduction of struggle for liberation to a class war between the people and "a few families" or "controlling entities" is a luxury unavailable to the ones oppressed because of the color of their skin or the sex of the people they fall in love with or their identity and so forth

I completely agree with all of this.

But I’m gonna be honest, I don’t think he’s doing “no war but class war” here. And I kinda doubt the “few families” he’s referring to are the bourgeoisie. I might be wrong. But I kinda doubt it given the context.

Speaking of class war, here’s a win for the proletariat and some good news for a change:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

But I’m gonna be honest, I don’t think he’s doing “no war but class war” here. And I kinda doubt the “few families” he’s referring to are the bourgeoisie. I might be wrong. But I kinda doubt it given the context.
Oh you're absolutely right. I only called it that because OP had previously mentioned classism:

Classism is masked by racism...

And it's why I specified:

a class war between the people and "a few families" or "controlling entities"

(But I see now that earlier in my post I mentioned it without specifying.)

OP's explanation of the people's struggle with their idea of the ruling class has nothing to do with the struggle of the working class versus the bourgeoisie. You concisely explained this earlier:

It's not the Billionaires. They're hard working job creators. It's the Lizard People. They're the problem. That and the Gold Standard.

So yeah it's another reduction of a struggle by OP, turning the oppressors into Don Quichotte's windmills.

florduh

If this actually happens it will be the first good thing Musk has done in his entire life. Credit where credit is due.

florduh,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Sounds great conceptually, but I imagine if there's no power, it will be fairly useless. Even personal generators need fuel, and there doesn't seem to be much fuel available. :(

cybrguy,
  • Sad
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Even personal generators need fuel, and there doesn't seem to be much fuel available. :(

This is 100% on Biden. He could change that at any moment by giving his good friend, Far Right Wing psychopath Bibi Netanyahu a call. Really pathetic to make Elon Musk look like the voice of moral clarity here.

Genocide Joe is playing a very dangerous game.

He's gotta win Michigan or it's Joever.

He's also rapidly losing young people. Granted, young people don't vote as much as the olds. But you still need them to fill volunteer spots, phone banks, and for door knocking.

A CBS News poll conducted last week came to an even starker conclusion. When asked if the U.S. should send weapons and supplies to Israel, 59 percent of respondents under 30 said it should not. An even more resounding 64 percent of those between age 30 and 44—a bracket more likely to vote that carries the whole millennial generation and part of Gen X—said the U.S. should not.

This is a personal point of pride for me. Millennials are even more sane than Zoomers on this issue because we can remember post 9/11 insanity and can't really believe we're living through it again.

florduh,

budski

cantre member
busting down the banks doors won't help in the next crash, banks don't hold large back ups of cash any more, it's all computer programs.

budski,

florduh

If this actually happens it will be the first good thing Musk has done in his entire life. Credit where credit is due.

Ok, I'll admit I was a big 'ol rube.

F9nIX9GXIAE_EHY

I should've known better than to believe the modern day PT Barnum. He'll only give Gazans internet if the people who turned off their internet allow it.

florduh

President Shawn Fein, the only President I recognize, just keeps winning.

Six weeks ago, every one of these corporations lied and said the concessions the union was asking for were "impossible". This happens every time there is a strike, no matter the industry.

Knewt

President Shawn Fein, the only President I recognize, just keeps winning.

Six weeks ago, every one of these corporations lied and said the concessions the union was asking for were "impossible". This happens every time there is a strike, no matter the industry.
I don’t know what will happen with auto prices, but Netflix, Hulu, and Discovery+ all raised their prices after the screen writers strike was over. The biggest pigs at the trough always get fed first and most.

florduh

I don’t know what will happen with auto prices, but Netflix, Hulu, and Discovery+ all raised their prices after the screen writers strike was over. The biggest pigs at the trough always get fed first and most.

The streamers started raising prices before the strikes too though. I specifically remember HBO's price going up when they started their Max rebrand.

Same thing happened at the auto makers. This is pre-strike:

UAW-President-Shawn-Fain-Livestream-Update-9_13_23-9-13-screenshot.jpg

Notice the 14% gap between "inflation" and price increases. They're always gonna charge whatever they can get away with.

florduh

The strikes have collectively cost GM, Ford and Stellantis billions of dollars in lost production. Ford said Thursday that the union’s strike has cost it $1.3 billion and the deal, if ratified by members, would increase labor costs by roughly $850 to $900 per vehicle produced.

The average cost of a new car is now $34,000. This is when the workers weren't getting a fair deal. The new contract will drive the cost of new vehicles up to $34,900. If you see prices going up more than that, you can't blame it on the workers.

The media is underselling what happened here. The "two tier" system for new workers has been eliminated. That means newer workers are getting a 65% raise, not 25%.

Most importantly, imo, the union now gained the right to strike over factory closures.

Shawn Fein's victory here cannot be understated. Frankly, he should be the one running for President. He could turn to American workers and say "I'll get you the same deal I got the UAW". Trump wouldn't know what to do with this guy.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Now we have a religious fundamentalist standing 3rd in line for the Presidency and as gatekeeper for everything happening the the House.
With a wife as active as Virginia Thomas.
This is gonna suck for a while.

Mike Johnson’s Wife Takes Down Website That Compared Being Gay To Bestiality, Incest

florduh

Now we have a religious fundamentalist standing 3rd in line for the Presidency and as gatekeeper for everything happening the the House.

Yeah, I saw the new Republican Speaker is a straight up freak.

I was wondering....why is this shit acceptable? Could you imagine working for some big company and the new VP of your division saying, "I believe God himself has put me in charge of Northeast Regional Sales"... That would be bizarre. Not sure why it's ok for a weirdo collecting a 6 figure salary paid by the taxpayers. Keep it in church, dumbass.

"May Day was born out of the intense struggle by workers in the United States to win an eight-hour day. That's a struggle that is just as relevant today as it was in 1889," Fain said. "Even though May Day has its roots here in the United States, it is widely celebrated by workers all over the world. It's more than just a day of commemoration, it's a call to action."

So I was wrong about Shawn Fein running for President. It seems he might be up to something more productive. Possibly, organizing a General Strike for May Day 2028.

"If we are going to truly take on the billionaire class and rebuild the economy so that it starts to work for the benefit of the many and not the few, then it's important that we not only strike, but that we strike together," said Fain, the first UAW president to be directly elected by rank-and-file members.

I hope President Fein has 24/7 armed security. And a food taster.

quote-if-the-workers-are-organized-all-they-have-to-do-is-to-put-their-hands-in-their-pockets-bill-haywood-101-58-90.jpg

Last edited:

florduh

The first signs of a seachange in Washington.

Loving seeing $1,000 a ticket Democrat donors booing, hissing, and telling a rabbi to "get out". Some may call that a bit antisemitic :shrug:. In any case, she's an incredibly brave and decent person.

Literally the last guy I would've expected. But Illinois does have a sizeable Muslim and Arabic population.

florduh

LOL. These are the same people who were crying about the deficit a few weeks ago.

Every dollar of IRS funding results in something like 3 or 4 dollars coming back into the Federal coffers. So cutting IRS funding increases the deficit. It doesn't reduce it. This scheme ain't "offsetting" shit.

Of course Republicans don't actually give a fuck about the deficit. They just know that the less money the IRS has, the less likely they are to audit their rich buddies who can afford fancy lawyers. They want the IRS going after the dirty poors who can't afford to defend themselves instead.

So this is a double whammy. We're running up the debt to fund more wars. And running it up again to help out rich donors. All while claiming we can't afford to improve the lives of regular working people!

Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

image.png

These Demonrats can suck my dick too!

These twelve House Democrats voted on Thursday for the Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, which cut $14.3 billion in funding to the Internal Revenue Service that was appropriated by Democrats in 2022 for the express purpose of chasing down high-earning tax avoiders.

Top Bottom