Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
Also, I just want to give everyone in this thread who contributed to the Lotus knowledge a shout out for the discovery and tips for safe usage. Pcloudy, Texuz, coolbreeze, rollerskater and others.

Just to reiterate for Lotus: Inductor at ~22 with short quick bursts in the center of the plate (2-3 seconds, move the lighter head away). Pay close attention to the lighter head and the distance between the plastic and the screws on the top of the lotus. Enjoy this amazing combination!

I echo your sentiment re: Pcloudy, Texuz, coolbreeze, rollerskater and others! Had a little hiccup with the one I received, but hoping the new one will make it back before the weekend so I can christen it appropriately on 420!
Also, wow @Camouflet customer service. Talking (emailing) to an actual person is awesome! Especially given the big ai push.

Last edited:

someTooL

Much agreed, CAMO CS is superb.

Beta member but just couldn’t imagine being without an Inductor on my desk, so picked up a backup for any emergency need. I’ve never had an issue since acquiring in September.

All my most used toys; Dyna’s, Anvil, Tempest (love that name), TA, and the Injector all magically powered by the Inductor. No reason to leave the house lol.

Nobo

I would also like to give my feedback.
My inductor is gradually losing power. it now has a range of 26.7V -19.4V.
I have notified the European shop where I bought it, who told me that they have informed camouflet about my problem. But I still haven't received any news.
I would also need some instructions on how to adjust it.
Purchased at full price I am disappointed with the low quality control of the product and I believe the solution will be neither easy nor painless.
Sorry for the negative vibes.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
I would also like to give my feedback.
My inductor is gradually losing power. it now has a range of 26.7V -19.4V.
I have notified the European shop where I bought it, who told me that they have informed camouflet about my problem. But I still haven't received any news.
I would also need some instructions on how to adjust it.
Purchased at full price I am disappointed with the low quality control of the product and I believe the solution will be neither easy nor painless.
Sorry for the negative vibes.
Hello, we replied to the email sent by the retailer you purchased from on the day we received the email. SAT APR 13 12:54 PM.
If the retailer has still not replied to you this is outside of our control.

We do not conduct customer service on FC or any other forum/platform. Please email us directly at contact@camouflet.com regarding your situation. Thanks.

Nobo

My previous message was not a request for assistance but feedback on the product. I am sorry that it was misunderstood.
I believe my intervention is legitimate. Is that the purpose of the forum?
The request for assistance has already been made to the store.
If you responded with the email to the retailer then did you find the solution? I am confidently waiting. This is a nice product I hope you can fix it.

Nobo,

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Hello @Nobo, Camouflet Tech Support here,

In case the retailer did not forward you the message, this is what we sent last Saturday:

This is the first time someone has said their Inductor is decreasing in power.

Can you please ask your customer to provide a video of the issue they're describing? This will help us determine where the issue lies and provide a solution to fix the issue they're encountering.

Thanks,
Camouflet

We have not seen a reply from the retailer yet, so we suspect you did not get it.

We have never seen or experienced an issue where the power supply would only display part of the voltage range it originally did. We suspect this is just a problem with the dial not fully gripping the post it is attached to. It is very unlikely that the problem lies within the power supply itself.

Please contact us via email at contact@camouflet.com for further help so we can get this resolved asap. Tech support is normally not provided through the forum as we typically will only monitor the email for issues.

Nobo

I wanted to update you on my problem with the inductor, which has been solved because it might happen to someone else. The voltage range had gone down because the knob was loose. It was enough to turn the knob a little beyond the end stop by forcing it a little. The voltage range has now moved back to normal. I hope I have been helpful..
I would like to thank the intervention of Camouflet and the sales shop who worked to solve my problem. (The solution was suggested to me by Camouflet).

P.S.
I use my convector at 24.0V.

coolbreeze

Ordered one, an XL, and a zooter for 420, very excited! Any tips for any of them? Reading the thread, I guess I should grab a TA3 :D
Awesome, you're gonna love it! Both of the Convectors are great through water, especially the XL. For the XL, bring the heater to the center of the Convector's cap as you press the button, set at about 26V. In just a second or two the top of the cap will glow completely; stop heating and hit it when the glow is gone. It may take a session or two to get it just where you want it but I can roast a full bowl pretty evenly without stirring just by timing the cooldown and adjusting by breath. I've just received a Zooter too, so I'm a babe in the woods there, but yes, you need a TA3 (28+v, heater moved very slowly around the upper third until the top completely glows; let it cool, toke away). ; )

bellona0544

you fools. you menaces. i was DONE with purchases. i had SPENT all my saved dry powder. i stocked up on herb and ive started learning my inductor (and xl convector).

and then you put out the free titanium factory seconds convector for any order over $50 while the regular 420 sale is going on and i can pick up an injector for cheap????

you are terrors to my wallet, @Camouflet. how dare you. (the order has already shipped cuz y'all are crazy fast too so will report back soon.)

coolbreeze

you fools. you menaces. i was DONE with purchases. i had SPENT all my saved dry powder. i stocked up on herb and ive started learning my inductor (and xl convector).

and then you put out the free titanium factory seconds convector for any order over $50 while the regular 420 sale is going on and i can pick up an injector for cheap????

you are terrors to my wallet, @Camouflet. how dare you. (the order has already shipped cuz y'all are crazy fast too so will report back soon.)
Lol. Just think of the ball vape you won't have to buy now! ; )

bellona0544

Lol. Just think of the ball vape you won't have to buy now! ; )
as someone who does NOT want an exposed coil ball vape (and feels even a heat shield would not be enough for how clumsy i am and the kittens we are certainly getting after our ancient tiger kicks the bucket), i am pretty excited to get a ball vape that 1. works with the inductor and 2. doesn't have to be hot all day in order to be effective. it is the reason i am planning on a silver (or super) surfer for my first desktop and a couchlog xl as my second desktop. but those are both coming many many months down the line, so the convector XL/stunner/injector with the inductor will MORE than satisfy that desktop urge til then!

coolbreeze

as someone who does NOT want an exposed coil ball vape (and feels even a heat shield would not be enough for how clumsy i am and the kittens we are certainly getting after our ancient tiger kicks the bucket), i am pretty excited to get a ball vape that 1. works with the inductor and 2. doesn't have to be hot all day in order to be effective. it is the reason i am planning on a silver (or super) surfer for my first desktop and a couchlog xl as my second desktop. but those are both coming many many months down the line, so the convector XL/stunner/injector with the inductor will MORE than satisfy that desktop urge til then!
Sounds like a solid plan! I really like that it doesn't have to remain heated, though I also like it wireless. It does retain heat longer than I'd expected, but no matter, it's completely safe cooling down in a wooden dish or an ashtray. The heatup is just seconds. With your other inductables you will have plenty of parameters to play with. You should be very satisfied indeed! : )

Top Bottom