Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haha yes I cannot believe I won one! Excited to finally try induction heating, with thermal accumulator, and apparently lotus, still trying to decide what else I want from camouflet... Convector looks really nice but I'm actually thinking the injector might make more sense for me? Has the same heating element in a larger form I guess, otherwise I am tempted to try the zooter, although that is not really my style for dabbing honestly... Hmmm

bellona0544

I forgot the Inductor works with the Lotus! Would it work with a Vapman?

Edit to avoid double posting: I have almost exclusively analog vapes, and getting the Inductor for me means I can skip all of the other heavy induction heaters coming to market in the next few years. I only use my Fusion and Stunner at home and something like the Forge would have been an exclusively home-use device anyway. As I keep acquiring more analog vapes (the Convector XL is also on the way and the Tempest is just around the corner!), the Inductor is clearly going to pay dividends.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Would it work with a Vapman?
No good with vapman, to far from center, takes too long to heat...

Texus

Haha yes I cannot believe I won one! Excited to finally try induction heating, with thermal accumulator, and apparently lotus, still trying to decide what else I want from camouflet... Convector looks really nice but I'm actually thinking the injector might make more sense for me? Has the same heating element in a larger form I guess, otherwise I am tempted to try the zooter, although that is not really my style for dabbing honestly... Hmmm
Since the Inductor can work with other designs similar to to the Convector that you may already have (Anvil, Tempest, Dani, etc), I'd recommend the Zooter. Incredibly quick and easy way to consume concentrates, with superb flavor, and a shocking amount of cooling. I keep asking myself "how can this not be delivering harsher hits despite the very short airpath?"

My 2 cents...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Since the Inductor can work with other designs similar to to the Convector that you may already have (Angus, Tempest, Dani, etc), I'd recommend the Zooter. Incredibly quick and easy way to consume concentrates, with superb flavor, and a shocking amount of cooling. I keep asking myself "how can this not be delivering harsher hits despite the very short airpath?"

My 2 cents...

Thanks! I think you meant Anvil instead of Angus? Anyway I have none of those lol just the thermal accumulator, but Convector and Injector do not use balls for the heater matrix?? So I am also curious how that would affect the experience comparatively...

Anyway, @Razhumikin also encouraged me to go for the Zooter, however it is tough for me to imagine wanting to dry dab (part of the reason I have been dabbing a lot more lately is because of how much nice glass I have, I always want to use a recycler of some sort, this is where my headies shine... and it's also very simple and quick for me with low maintenance needed, single hit extractions) though this is good to hear it works well without being too harsh!

The uniqueness of it, keeps me on the fence, I might like it more if there was a right angle to easily drop into a rig, perhaps I could mod something up, as it is seems like just a novelty for me, whereas I'm thinking the injector might be more practical in general??

Last edited:

Texus

Yes, the Anvil, not Angus. I don't think good things would happen if the Inductor was used on the Angus :lol::lol:. But I could have mentioned the Thermal Accumulator in that list as well. That sort of vape that was originally designed for torch use is what I am getting at.

I feel you on dabs through a great glass collection. I sure have a big one here as can be seen in the Heady Glass thread. But all that fly 10mm glass has gone pretty unused since Zooter arrived. Just a stunner. I need to dig out one of those flexible silicone WPAs to see how it works with the Zooter and will report back then on that combo. Would be great to get an adaptor custom made for Zooter from Camouflet eventually.

But honestly in terms of cooling and flavors I haven't missed my glass. Which is pretty remarkable.

And this could be really perfect for folks who like their dabs on the cooler side of the spectrum due to the amount of temp control the Zooter/Inductor combo enables. Also quicker from zero to a dab hit than any way I know of to dab. Including Proxy.

Bye-bye butane expenses.

lukepat

I ordered an Inductor on Thursday and it arrives today in Ohio. Super fast shipping and great customer service through email. Cool to see this came from one state over in Indiana as well. Will be pairing this with my dynavaps and anvil. Excited to say the least!

rollerskater

I just grabbed one of these for an amazing price. Camouflage does great customer service. Wait, it works with the Lotus?
seen several posts about you can use it with the lotus but not any specific followup so i am here to say that if you do, be mindful; the entire metal surface will get hot fast and you can hurt yourself, or worse, melt the plastic housing of the inductor head. i didnt end up damaging the head but i did end up with melted shit all over the lotus ring. the current design is better than the beta design i did this with in that the magnet sticks out a little farther and its a little more difficult to do what i did, but still. thanks to the modular design though id definitely consider a lighter head that was more optimized for lotus and ideally also vapman use.

one thing that is nice about inductorizing it is the aforementioned quick heating... i mean *really* quick, like be inhaling as you press the button. a lot of folks online talk authoritatively about the lotus being "ritualistic" and "a slow sipper" for "flavor chasers" and they arent wrong (especially about that flavor!) but thats only half the picture. the lotus is a real sleeper that can deliver massive hits, and with the inductor it can do that right away.

coolbreeze

seen several posts about you can use it with the lotus but not any specific followup so i am here to say that if you do, be mindful; the entire metal surface will get hot fast and you can hurt yourself, or worse, melt the plastic housing of the inductor head. i didnt end up damaging the head but i did end up with melted shit all over the lotus ring. the current design is better than the beta design i did this with in that the magnet sticks out a little farther and its a little more difficult to do what i did, but still. thanks to the modular design though id definitely consider a lighter head that was more optimized for lotus and ideally also vapman use.

one thing that is nice about inductorizing it is the aforementioned quick heating... i mean *really* quick, like be inhaling as you press the button. a lot of folks online talk authoritatively about the lotus being "ritualistic" and "a slow sipper" for "flavor chasers" and they arent wrong (especially about that flavor!) but thats only half the picture. the lotus is a real sleeper that can deliver massive hits, and with the inductor it can do that right away.
Just to add, the first time I tried it I smelled wood and stopped immediately. Freaked me out enough to skip it from there until I saw someone explain that it should be very short bursts while drawing. I tried it and it worked better (with the new core) but I haven't messed with it much since. Some folks seem successful enough to mostly use it with the Inductor, so take me with a grain of salt. I think if you get it down it's plenty of fun, just don't burn down your Lotus getting there.

Shit Snacks

Actually makes sense, the torch technique with the lotus is different than others, more involved (which is part of what keeps me from using it) but that should be better with the inductor, as long as you are equally as careful as you both said, good to remember!

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
Just to add, the first time I tried it I smelled wood and stopped immediately. Freaked me out enough to skip it from there until I saw someone explain that it should be very short bursts while drawing. I tried it and it worked better (with the new core) but I haven't messed with it much since. Some folks seem successful enough to mostly use it with the Inductor, so take me with a grain of salt. I think if you get it down it's plenty of fun, just don't burn down your Lotus getting there.
Seeing that I could use with lotus is one of the reasons I purchased! I will just need to be thoughtful on how quickly it will heat. Thank you and everyone else who dared using on other vapes!!

jbm

So it arrived. Haven't has a chance to use it yet, but was reading the instructions and noticed the injunction to "not wear any jewelry or metal objects on your hands while operating the Inductor." Do I really have to remove my gold ring and Apple watch while using it?

coolbreeze

So it arrived. Haven't has a chance to use it yet, but was reading the instructions and noticed the injunction to "not wear any jewelry or metal objects on your hands while operating the Inductor." Do I really have to remove my gold ring and Apple watch while using it?
If they get hot, yes. ; )

Sorry, I can't answer I don't wear anything. Well, pants, if I gotta.

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
I imagine it has something to do with intensity, type and proximity of the heating mechanism. I should have paid more attention in (insert natural science category here). I meant to look it up, but got distracted. I will report back if I can find anything, unless someone else chimes in!

edit: according to practical machinists - " (metal jewelry) could be heated up as well, the current is induced in anything that is in the field. Mostly the coils are designed to heat items that are inside the coil, or in a specific relation to them, but you do not want surprises."

while this was written regarding larger ih, same physics apply...

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I hadn’t noticed that, but frequently use while wearing my Apple Watch. No adverse effect to wrist or Inductor that I’ve noted.

Timps27,

popitup

The Inductor deal was just too good to pass up. I'm glad I did because, wow, this thing is unique! I've been having quite the time with it.

Some general feedback on the vapes I've tried so far.

1. Dynavap: Used for practice to learn how quickly this thing heats. 2 second clicks, don't know why you'd be using this combo though.
2. Tempest: Visual indicator is great, I know exactly when to stop heating. The sleeve will reform, as mentioned earlier in this thread, slight annoyance if you pinch your sleeve for high airflow. Much cooler in the beginning of the hit due to the localized heat.
3. TA3: Beast mode, what a match, Get that sucker glowing, wait for it to stop, and you're ready for a bunch of back to back hits.
4. Dani Fusion 2.0: I got a little too comfortable with the click via the wand, and too confident in my ability with the Inductor, I combusted hard on the first shot. After spending 20 minutes cleaning, I tried again at 22 and it heats up in about 10 seconds and kicks ass.
5. Lotus: Wow... I grabbed one of these on discount a while back, but I'm not traditionally a fan of using a torch so it's been sitting on the shelf. I read the feedback in this thread and gave it a shot. Dang, I see what the hype is about. That's one tasty vape, it also got me really high. Same flower as the other vapes I've been using. The clearance from the lighter head to the screws is very tight. The circle in the tray is the perfect size for this.

Lotus and TA3 are currently winning the reach test for me with the Inductor.

Little feedback on quality, overall it's solid. The bamboo case hides the electronics, and the inputs/controls/screen give confidence in the experience. The lighter head feels nice in the hand, button is in a good place and lights up when powered. It works with the heavier vapes the wand won't handle as well, which is the primary reason it was on my radar in the first place.

For the negatives, they are minor things. The lighthead could be finished a little cleaner, it's not a functional issue, would just be more aesthetically pleasing. The other issue is the magnets, unlike all my stands and futo stashs, the magnet on the tray kick my vapes away a little, and I have to pull them to center. Other than that though, what a fun and unique toy, love the system.

Shit Snacks

The clearance from the lighter head to the screws is very tight. The circle in the tray is the perfect size for this.

Lotus and TA3 are currently winning the reach test for me with the Inductor.

This is so great to hear as that is what I have here and I'm excited to use mine with... Not sure exactly what you meant above, though maybe it will make sense once I have hit all in front of me... Still trying to decide on the camouflet device to go with it however, do you think their Injector could be a nice compliment alternative to Lotus and TA3 with the Inductor? I have a lot of dabs now, and just got a lot of really nice fresh press rosin thanks to a buddy, so I'm curious about the zooter still, though it just does not seem like my style for dabbing, but different...?

popitup

Not sure exactly what you meant above [regarding clearance]

Keep in mind the entire top of the Lotus gets hot, including the screws. I didn't take a photo from above, but similarly you try to avoid the screws. There is a risk to tapping a hot screw to plastic.

Do you think their Injector could be a nice compliment alternative to Lotus and TA3 with the Inductor?
I can tell you in about a week.

I have a lot of dabs now, and just got a lot of really nice fresh press rosin thanks to a buddy, so I'm curious about the zooter still, though it just does not seem like my style for dabbing, but different...?
I thought about the zooter briefly, but I already have the DTv5 with a bottomless banger that's doing everything I need, so it felt like a wasteful purchase other than for novelty purposes.

popitup

Also, I just want to give everyone in this thread who contributed to the Lotus knowledge a shout out for the discovery and tips for safe usage. Pcloudy, Texuz, coolbreeze, rollerskater and others.

Just to reiterate for Lotus: Inductor at ~22 with short quick bursts in the center of the plate (2-3 seconds, move the lighter head away). Pay close attention to the lighter head and the distance between the plastic and the screws on the top of the lotus. Enjoy this amazing combination!

Top Bottom