Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Running 24.7 tonight with my Convector and it’s a real treat. I believe the experience is similar to what people call “RTL” on the higher capacity thermal battery vapes. But instead of getting a battery really hot and then keeping it there, you can just get your Convector there in 2 seconds on demand. You could chain them and kill the bowl, or you could space them out, you don’t have to literally ride that line before it cools, the line is what you make it!

Essentially just get it nice and red hot real quick, then use draw speed as throttle. The combination of Inductor+Convector is special, if the ritual fits your vibe.

coolbreeze

I must have overheated my Inductor last night sending it into a blinking mode. I have been unable to get it working again. Does anyone know if there's a reset or something? Fwiw, the head was not unusually warm (or noticeably warm, really). Thanks.

Edit: I have received support. It looks like the head needs replaced.

Last edited:

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Throughout our testing and usage, we've found the best practice is to press the Lighter Head button first, just before placing the F-Core against the device you are heating. This will allow the induction field to become fully set up without the added inductive load of the heating target. It only takes about a quarter second for the field to set up, so don't hold the button down excessively early, that will just increase the heat load on the device.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Have you ever wanted to win a free Camouflet Inductor?

How about winning a free Inductor and 1x Camouflet creation of your choice!?

Well now is your chance! Join our FC members giveaway(link below) for your chance to win an Inductor and 1x Camouflet creation of your choice to add to your collection!
🎩

Last edited:

bellona0544

The Inductor is something I would love to get for myself when I have more desk space and can justify the expense a little more reasonably.

I love my Wand for my vapcaps, but I do find myself using torches almost exclusively for my heavier-hitting butane devices. I do sometimes use the Wand in a pinch, but normally, if I am using my Stunner or Fusion, I do not feel like waiting for the long Wand warm up. That goes double if I have guests over and we are both just awkwardly sitting there for a minute as the Wand blinks a bunch and slowly gets those devices up to temp.

The Inductor and some of the other new induction heaters look like game changers for the bigger devices. Especially with the increasing number of larger, more-massive butane devices hitting the market (Stunner, Thermal Accumulator, Tempest, Verdavap, Camouflet's own Injector and Convector XL, Fusion), having more options for induction heating for those times we cannot/don't want to use a torch is awesome.

(And yes, I absolutely have posted a slew of comments in various threads to try and hit the point threshold for the contest. I am fully shameless about it.)

coolbreeze

The Inductor is something I would love to get for myself when I have more desk space and can justify the expense a little more reasonably.

I love my Wand for my vapcaps, but I do find myself using torches almost exclusively for my heavier-hitting butane devices. I do sometimes use the Wand in a pinch, but normally, if I am using my Stunner or Fusion, I do not feel like waiting for the long Wand warm up. That goes double if I have guests over and we are both just awkwardly sitting there for a minute as the Wand blinks a bunch and slowly gets those devices up to temp.

The Inductor and some of the other new induction heaters look like game changers for the bigger devices. Especially with the increasing number of larger, more-massive butane devices hitting the market (Stunner, Thermal Accumulator, Tempest, Verdavap, Camouflet's own Injector and Convector XL, Fusion), having more options for induction heating for those times we cannot/don't want to use a torch is awesome.

(And yes, I absolutely have posted a slew of comments in various threads to try and hit the point threshold for the contest. I am fully shameless about it.)
Hope you make the contest! The lighter-style head is a killer feature since it 'fits' and reaches anything.

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
I've being eyeing this up for some time.....thank you @VGOODIEZ for your 420 sale (20% off) that pushed me over the fence and I now have an Inductor on its way. @Custom Flower Hardware your videos were a great influence.
Nice find! I have been eyeing this but every time I see it on vgoodiez site, it has been sold out. Just popped over there again and still showing sold out on my side...

Smknbud

Nice find! I have been eyeing this but every time I see it on vgoodiez site, it has been sold out. Just popped over there again and still showing sold out on my side...
It was in stock this morning....and your right, it's back to being 'sold out'.

Smknbud,

sansei

It was in stock this morning....and your right, it's back to being 'sold out'.
I was able to pick one up direct from Camouflet. Turned out well at a price point I couldn't resist. This will be my first ih, and justified it (in my mind) because it can be used on more than stem type devices. Pretty stoked as this seems to be fairly unique in terms of its usability! Any words of wisdom and/or advice is appreciated!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I was able to pick one up direct from Camouflet. Turned out well at a price point I couldn't resist. This will be my first ih, and justified it (in my mind because it can be used on more than stem type devices. Pretty stoked as this seems to be fairly unique in terms of its usability! Any words of wisdom and/or advice is appreciated!
Go with the highest voltage you can use comfortably with a given vape, it's less taxing on the gear; expect heating to be very fast. Try some of the Camouflet vapes, they're really great! Congrats on your purchase, it's one hell of an IH!

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I echo @coolbreeze , you are going to have a blast! I highly recommend a Convector, it’s really something special paired with Inductor. I have a very early Tempest beta and heat that to the second mark on the VI, @24.7 on the Inductor dial that takes about 10 seconds :)

Texus

I echo @coolbreeze , you are going to have a blast! I highly recommend a Convector, it’s really something special paired with Inductor. I have a very early Tempest beta and heat that to the second mark on the VI, @24.7 on the Inductor dial that takes about 10 seconds :)
The Tempest is the vape I have the most trouble with combined with the Inductor. Combusted too often with it until I lowered voltage all the way down to 20. Around 25 was too sensitive for me. Even with the visual indicator. Look forward to Tempest click functionality.

sansei

Thanks! I wasn't considering one right now, but with the sale and @coolbreeze and your recommendation, just picked one up!

Go with the highest voltage you can use comfortably with a given vape, it's less taxing on the gear; expect heating to be very fast. Try some of the Camouflet vapes, they're really great! Congrats on your purchase, it's one hell of an IH!
I have a heat soak mindset, so this would have been counter intuitive for me. Was reading through the thread and found some temps I am going to try as a starting point depending one what I am using. I thought I read early on they recommend contact before pushing button, but in a more recent post, looks like the recommendation is to press down button right before making contact. Thanks for the insight!

Last edited:

bellona0544

Oh lord. Congrats to @Shit Snacks and also a slight fuck you for winning, good sir. I was perfectly fine NOT getting an Inductor for a little while after losing the giveaway.

But a Convector XL and Inductor for total $140 off coupled with the discount code. That is pretty hard to pass up. Would I be that much of a fool to let this slip by?

Top Bottom