Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet

Sass Jeeves

Leaving it on should not add to the thermal load. Likely what people are experiencing is after a few heat cycles the coil is hot but it takes some time for the heat to dissipate through the housing. In turn, it feels like it is actually getting hotter after your use has paused and you pick it up again.

Perfect!

Really appreciate your full write-up and instructions, but this information in particular is very helpful.

Only thing I was worried about was the housing or button continually holding and building heat. If it is dissipating between applications then no sweat!

Also adjusted my goal to "most heat, least time" and now having a wild ass time with the Dani. Definitely trickier and dicier, but clearly more efficient and effective on devices that shine from convection more than conduction.

ETA:
After I felt the button/housing get hot, I set it down 15-20 minutes with the power on. The housing, plate, and f-core are all cool to touch, but the button is still hot.

Could it be the LED? I'm kind of sure it's the LED.

Last edited:

Mndeadhead

For what it’s worth, for the anvil, I have it set to 26 right now. Takes about 10 seconds right now. I am still pushing it higher to shorten the time. If I heat near the bottom, it is definitely a RTL experience. I have found that if I heat it in the middle, or closer to the top, and pull after the first click, I’m getting a good roast. would love to hear what others are doing.

coolbreeze

Two hits in and it reminds me of the Vapman Station: it takes this thing that works wonderfully as designed and then makes it work even better, like it's almost a new thing. It gives it a second mode.
IMG-5092.jpg

coolbreeze

Been playing with this a bit and so far my voltages and timings are 26v and like 2 seconds for the Convector and 24v for Dynavaps for about 3-4 seconds. I tried to go higher/faster but flavor was roastier than I'm after. Worked great for a two-hit with the Helix and AC. For the Convector, this thing is pure genius, I'm getting really great results (although I also had my first combustion with it): really good flavor, even roast. I zap it til it glows and then I let it cool for just a second and then the rips are big and tasty. I'm getting fewer and bigger hits than with torching.

Mndeadhead

I can go 27 if I am using my Anvil, and heating in lower middle, above the gap. With the XL bowl And the XL mouthpiece, I can clear it natively. If I use the WPA, I need to drop to 26.5. Anything higher than that and i either heat it too fast That it doesnt get roasted enough, or I can’t hit it hard enough to RTL and it combusts. If i keep it below 27, I don’t combust

SpacelyJetson

I'll say this...with the Dani BFG TI Tip Dani and the magnetic cap I heat just the portion of the tip that fits on the fcore...basically heating up the plate..just the tip and a small portion of the heating band.

With the Inductor on 25 it will pop the plate in about 7 8 seconds. Then heat it for another 11 to 12...it's a great experience.

Just do not pack the Dani fully. Half or slightly less than full. Or don't screw the cap all the way down if you do

I'll try to do a video later.

Last edited:

Texus

Lovely first hits with the lnductor on my Convertor. 21.5 for 3 sec or so. Heat up time is frankly astonishing. Will try Anvil a bit later today.

And agree on how lovely the case is. With the tray part being magnetically held in place there could be some cool aftermarket or revised insert trays of different designs to fit different grinder sizes, include a debowler built in, more magnets etc.

Bravo. One helluva beta.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Hello everyone,

The Inductor Beta release has been going smoothly and we are taking notes for improvements. All feedback is welcomed and appreciated. The Inductor Beta is now available on a "made to order" basis, shipping within 3-5 business days with no deposit required. Limited Beta quantities remain, we currently do not have an ETA for the retail version. Hope everyone is enjoying their unit!

coolbreeze

I wonder if you could scale up the Convector heater to injector size? Maybe 14mm? It would make a great wireless injector with the Inductor to heat it, and the fast cooldown would set it apart and make it great for quick rips. 🤔:science:

coolbreeze

Well, after a couple days of playing, I am ready for both a fast heating/cooling injector head and possibly even a 10mm one. This works way better than it should for quick tasty snaps. A purpose-built one would be amazing.

mephisto

My beta arrived yesterday and I instantly fired it up at 24 to drive the Anvil. Riding the bottom ring, the first click sounded within 20 seconds. Great flavor and volume from some legal Ak-47 hemp.
The fit and finish of this device are above your average beta release. Great job Camouflet!

magtoons

Hello all, I've been using this daily for about a week and absolutely love it! It's great with Convector, Lotus, Anvil as others have mentioned. I love using it like I'm lighting a bowl, and then letting it heat up between rips...fantastic flavors.

Based on my testing....

- will not get hot unless the button is first pressed after turning on
- once button is pressed once, after about 10 minutes the button becomes warm and can hold down comfortable for 10 seconds
- multiple uses (button presses) does not change the time
- after 15 minutes, can hold down comfortable for 5 seconds. It's not burning hot, just uncomfortable hot.

Now i just turn if off between sessions. There's no warm-up time so not a problem.

As for future enhancements (it's amazing as is, just for consideration in the future versions:love:):

- it's on the edge of a small table. I'm worried the handle is going to slip off one night (i.e. pets) and smash on the floor. I try to keep the handle on the floor now when not using it. I would love to have a holster (like Roundup weed killer....sorry best i can think of) instead and maybe that would allow for a smaller version for those interested.

- If there was a way i could update the device's software with future enhancements

- If there were different programs, maybe one ramps up to temp over 30 seconds, one that steps between set temps, etc

Again, I love it! Beautiful craftmanship, awesome idea, and great support:clap:

Gdash

I tried it for the 1st time last night. I just put the inductor head on the lotus dimple and I did a small circular motion and I was getting vapor pretty quick. I doubt the circular motion is required. I was on the highest setting but combusted after my 3rd pull so I cleaned it and put it up. I think I'll try a lower setting next time. I didn't notice any sort of wood smell or taste though. I'd also like to know how others are using it.

Top Bottom